Is marriage on it's deathbed?

• Author
blah blah blah blah, but blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Instead of saying that why can't you empathize with the male point of view?

The facts are facts. Divorce is very rampant and women initiate 75% of divorces. The walkaway thing is an epidemic and many women act like they hate their husbands. Can you blame a guy for being paranoid about being on the receiving end of this?

Try and look at this from a man's point of view in a society when men are being thrown away in droves and most never see it coming.

Sorry. I can't see something from any particular point of view when it doesn't exist.

You don't represent the "male point of view." At all.

The facts are facts. Divorce is very rampant and women initiate 75% of divorces. The walkaway thing is an epidemic and many women act like they hate their husbands. Can you blame a guy for being paranoid about being on the receiving end of this?

Try and look at this from a man's point of view in a society when men are being thrown away in droves and most never see it coming.

Woggle, just for an experiment, have you ever tried arguing the other side?

For example, I know women have explained why 75% of women initiating divorce doesn't necessarily mean 75% of women desired divorce. I know you know this. Can you reason this out, and argue the other side?

Without adding "but". Just state something that is positive about women, or marriage, and stick a period after it.

And you do?

Heck no! I don't represent "the female point of view" either. That's ridiculously bogus.

I happen to know a great many men, and not even one of them has a point of view remotely similar to Woggle's. Here on LS, there is a dearth of men who have a similar point of view to Woggle's. Therefore, I am very confident that his never evolving posts here do not represent "the male point of view."

Further, I don't believe there is a male or female point of view. Socioeconomic situations, education levels, cultural influence, etc. etc. etc. have a lot more to do with an individual's point of view than their genitals. Unless you're Woggle and a handful of others I've encountered here.

I am sorry for freaking out but I hear some stuff from women that just makes me panic about my own marriage.

It's your own behavior and sick attitude that should have you seriously panicking about your own marriage.

It's your own behavior and sick attitude that should have you seriously panicking about your own marriage.

Yes. As sure as I am about him qualifying every concession with "but," I am just as certain he will sabotage his own M unless he changes his attitude somehow.

• Author

I just wish some women here would admit that my fears and those of other men do have some merit. No not all women or all marriages but too many men have found themselves in that position.

One positive thing I will say that there are a few women on this board who I genuinely do believe will never blindside their men like that.

Negative Nancy
The facts are facts. Divorce is very rampant and women initiate 75% of divorces.

That's probably because many of those men cheated on them. Sorry, but cheating men are just as real of an issue as walkaway women are.

• Author
That's probably because many of those men cheated on them. Sorry, but cheating men are just as real of an issue as walkaway women are.

Actually the cheating men for some reason seem to stay married longer. Men who actually do treat women well never seem to be appreciated.

Negative Nancy
Actually the cheating men for some reason seem to stay married longer. Men who actually do treat women well never seem to be appreciated.

That's not true, many women would like to be with men who treat them well, but the sad reality is that most men just want to hump and dump and would rather "play the field" and have 50 different girls than 1 real girlfriend. Or they enjoy the coziness of a relationship while banging other girls on the side.

bentnotbroken
I just wish some women here would admit that my fears and those of other men do have some merit. No not all women or all marriages but too many men have found themselves in that position.

One positive thing I will say that there are a few women on this board who I genuinely do believe will never blindside their men like that.

I admit freely that many men fear being hurt in their relationship. I will not admit to knowing men obsessed to the point that you are. It is a slow death and I don't know any men who do that to themselves.

bentnotbroken

^^^^^^^^^^This:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:. This was my life. 20+ years of that crap. Did I file for divorce...damn skippy.

• Like 1
  • Author
That's not true, many women would like to be with men who treat them well, but the sad reality is that most men just want to hump and dump and would rather "play the field" and have 50 different girls than 1 real girlfriend. Or they enjoy the coziness of a relationship while banging other girls on the side.

Then why do women seem to treat these men so badly when they find one?

:):):)

I agree! :)

Mme. Chaucer

Yeah! I was just in Target abusing my husband up one aisle and down the other! I kicked his sorry little behind! Right in front of other men! I can't wait to do it again! First I'm gonna make him watch me have sex with the UPS man! Oh boy oh boy!!! That's what he gets for being a good man! You are SO right, Woggle! AAAA- Men!

• Like 1
Negative Nancy

Why do so many men leave their wives or cheat on them after 20 years just because she isn't 25 anymore?

bentnotbroken

What women? The women I know are home now taking care of their families...including the husbands they love. Are we speaking for the dozens of women you know, the few hundred you have read about or the entire female population? If it is the entire female population, when do you have time to talk with them all since you are looking up information about the few hundred to support your theory?

bentnotbroken
Why do so many men leave their wives or cheat on them after 20 years just because she isn't 25 anymore?

I bet I can find some information that will say ALL men will do this because a p*ssy does not have a face and real love does not exist.

Negative Nancy
Later that night when I was veeeeeeeeeerry drunk, she followed me into the house from outside and I barely remember what happened but I think we were just talking and when I blinked she quickly jumped in and started kissing me. I can't remember how long it went for but I think it was very quick and then I pulled away because I heard someone walk into the house from outside. I don't really know why I kissed back, I was upset and drunk and I guess I seeked comfort and it felt right at the time. Very soon after I felt terrible and regretted it so much as I wanted to be with my wife
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/315444-regaining-my-wifes-trust-after-getting-involved-18-year-old-girl

I used to frequent massage parlors, maybe every couple months, just to have fun. I am a married man. About four years ago I visited a massage parlor and met a beautiful woman and we somehow hit it off.
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/313606-ended-4-year-affair-prostitute-feeling-empty

Recently found out my H of 10 yrs had multiple meaningless sexual encounters (don't know if considered ONS if it involves oral sex only) throughout our entire marriage.
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/313383-affair-vs-meaningless-sexual-encounters

I had been an avid social media user, and began to have conversations via Twitter with a woman with whom I shared a favorite sport. The conversations were initially very innocent, but would then turn sexual, with her sending me explicit pictures of herself for me to masturbate to.
http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/314712-awful-me

Married in 2005; part of this was to make it easier to stay in one location, but that certainly wasn't The Reason for me. I married him for real.

D-Day 1: July 2010 - discovered online EA involving web cam sex

NC August 2010

D-Day 2: August 2010 - discovered frank offer in 2007 to ex-OW (from a relationship prior to me) to resume PA; she refused. Also discovered mail, phone records, FB records dating back as far as 2006 and carrying through right up to 2010, that indicate that he had been actively grooming other women online, and found questionable information to indicate that this perhaps extends as far back as our relationship existed.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/romantic/marriage-life-partnerships/infidelity/314355-drawing-line-through-past

And this was just from the FIRST page of the infidelity forum on here. I don't even wanna know what it's like out in the real world. :sick:

Negative Nancy

and the walkaway syndrome isn't just an all-exclusive feminine phenomenon:

I am truly devastated. My husband and I of almost 18 years are separating. We have 3 school aged children together. For the last 3 years we have been trying to work on our marriage after he told me he did not feel in love with me anymore.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/separation-divorce/314148-heartbroken

I am not sure how to start the conversation with her but I am almost totally decided that I want out of this relationship so we can both be free to find fulfilling and loving loving relationships with other people. I am sure that she will probably be shocked and perhaps relieved when I ask her for a divorce.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/separation-divorce/315417-about-ask-my-wife-divorce

My husband said he wants a Divorce and he moved out to his aunt and uncles. He says he dosen't have ((those feelings for me)) but loves me as his childs mother) and that he's unhappy.

http://www.loveshack.org/forums/breaking-up-reconciliation-coping/separation-divorce/315139-separation-divorce-counseling-any-hope

... and that was just the first page in the seperation & divorce forum....

Nancy's list of posts above are disheartening, and I've read much more on LS about how men "need variety", and are "only as loyal as their options".

I could internalize all that, and look at my H with suspicion. I could let that suspicion be a poison that seeps into our relationship, weakening our bond.

Or, I could be really glad that MY relationship is strong and loving. I could appreciate my H even more, because I realize that not all men are so loyal and loving. Lucky me :)

What about you?

• Like 2
Yeah! I was just in Target abusing my husband up one aisle and down the other! I kicked his sorry little behind! Right in front of other men! I can't wait to do it again! First I'm gonna make him watch me have sex with the UPS man! Oh boy oh boy!!! That's what he gets for being a good man! You are SO right, Woggle! AAAA- Men!

you go girl!

See Woggle...your point of view is correct. Women are evil, now will you please shut up? You have at least 10 different threads that you have started over the years that are the exact same as this one.