Is marriage on it's deathbed?

Mme. Chaucer
The avatar you chose--bloody monster (it's actually a monster of some kind, not a cannibal)--does not signify that you would actually eat someone.

It is a deliberate projection of your hostility, probably not just towards men, but the entire world, including yourself. It is simply not something that a mentally healthy person would choose as their "symbol" to present themselves to the world. It is a fantasy projection.

You can't even help yourself, you compulsively are making bad "jokes" which is an obvious defense mechanism, a sign of nervous acknowledgment of the truth of what I am saying.

What's your analysis of the candy bar, bwana?

dreamingoftigers

It never ceases to blow my mind when men are bashed for stating how they feel and always having smelly high-heels and empty lipstick capsules thrown at them.

I don't wear high heels or lipstick, I guess that I am innocent ;)

That's a stereotype. Those men were caught more often. Women back then were a lot more covert. Nowadays their sh*t is being exposed.

A lot of what you have posted seems to be your own personal opinion, not actual things you have read or seen or heard.

And yet in the UK if you yell at your wife it's automatically "abuse" and the husband is sent to jail and kids are taken away by the lying self-centered wife

while she shacks up with another man.

I would hope that the law would apply equally. I know here that my husband and I both had inappropriate outbursts and that it would have been very difficult to have either one of us arrested, much less jailed. However one night he did (completely unprovoked and very intoxicated) trash our house including breaking the stove. The police would not remove him because we are legally married and both of us were on the lease. That being the case, it meant that he broke his own stuff in his own place and there was nothing I could do that night to prevent him from causing any more damage. However, he was so intoxicated that after they left he screamed at me on the front lawn until the neighbor guys (all 5) popped out and threatened to beat him up if he didn't stop. So he called the police on himself and was held overnight for public intoxication.

I don't live in Canada.

How unfortunate, it's nice here. Two friends from Cambridge emigrated here and he is now a successful manager.

Actually, with more women in the workforce, infidelity from wives has increased dramatically. Most of the affairs are from someone they know at work, such as their powerful bosses.

Yes it has increased dramatically.

Not true. That site has mostly cheating wives.

Not according to the site's CEO, who quoted the stat on Dr. Phil.

(my mother watches that godawful man and I was over that afternoon.)

dreamingoftigers

I have stated the same analysis on another of His threads. It's like he wants both the shame and validation. This site is the perfect place to go on that roller coaster ride.

That's fine but I don't need to align my view of things with yours. The cannibal avatar was objectively offensive because it was deliberately posted to express a fantasy desire to cause harm to a man. It didn't particularly stir any emotion in me because I know that the person who would post such a thing is a very disturbed individual so I don't take it personally at all. It's exactly the same thing as if a school teacher has an acting-out student who perpetually draws violent pictures of people getting violently killed, it's pretty clear that kid probably needs a visit to the school psychologist. It's not a matter of whether or not you were personally offended.

Honestly I think you are not going to heal your marriage or yourself as long as you keep willfully allowing yourself to be a doormat for this collection of abusive females. They are insulting you, they are undermining you, but when they get done doing it, they say they "love" you and "care" about you.

That dynamic is the classic pattern in an abusive relationship. The abuse you are given here by these women is justified, supposedly, because of the "hateful" things you say--but woggle all of us girls "love" you anyway, we're just trying to "help" you by telling you you're a bad husband, you could have a better marriage, please listen to US.

Five years? You have been here five years? Have you not made a connection between your stagnation in your real life and your stagnation here? According to Mme. Chaucer basically posting the same threads over and over and over?

I'll bet your ex-wife abused you and probably your mother too. By allowing these women to do this to you, repeatedly, by putting up with their cr*p, you are just reliving in interent form, your prior abuse at the hands of other women in your life.

Mme. Chaucer
If Johann had a strong sense of himself as an individual he would respond forcefully to what you said because again in the guise of a "joke," you made a statement of aggression/abuse towards him.

Since he may be caught up in the cycle of taking abuse from women just as Woggle is, he will probably defend you though, continuing the pattern.

Oh my god, stop making me laugh so hard, I might choke on my mouthful of throbbing gristle.

You are in rare form! But I have to say, the overall quality of LoveShack really plummets when you and your brahs are around. It's okay though. I'm still having fun, even though I am REALLY REALLY HUNGGGGRY!

Party on, you jolly weisenheimer, you.

Mme. Chaucer

I think they should be nicer to me.

• Author

For the most part I just want a place to vent where people already know how crazy I am. This is not a side that I show in my offline life too often.

Mme. Chaucer

My analysis of the use of the Zagnut bar as an avatar:

Unfortunately, this shows a concerning lack of confidence in the user's perception of his manhood, particularly the size and efficacy of his gonads, evidenced by the prevalence of "peanuts" in the Zagnut bar.

In addition, the ingredient of coconut within the Zagnut bar signifies a precarious mental imbalance.

The choice of a candy bar icon in general clearly and incontrovertibly demonstrates that the person has made a conscious decision to turn away from health and also that they probably have a lot of cavities and are very lardy.

• Like 1
For the most part I just want a place to vent where people already know how crazy I am. This is not a side that I show in my offline life too often.

Very cool of you to ignore the disgusting insults by the "men" in your thread Woggle. :)

dreamingoftigers

It is from actual things I've read, seen, and heard. Otherwise I would not know what I'm talking about.

That's what I'm wondering about, your sourcing.

I've only been to Ontario when I was about 7 or 8.

It's a good place. Both of my parents and husband are from there.

Well the site's CEO is a cheater and/or cheater apologist so anyone who's willing to make a disgusting site in order to assist in the destruction of well established marriages and families are people not to believe. It's also quite hypocritical for Noel to state that if he caught his own wife on the disastrous site he created he would be "devastated."

I find that ironic, however I would still be inclined for him to be honest in sharing his consumer's stats.

Mme. Chaucer

Woggle hasn't been "constantly" abused and heckled here.

You, on the other hand ...

• Like 2
My analysis of the use of the Zagnut bar as an avatar:

Unfortunately, this shows a concerning lack of confidence in the user's perception of his manhood, particularly the size and efficacy of his gonads, evidenced by the prevalence of "peanuts" in the Zagnut bar.

In addition, the ingredient of coconut within the Zagnut bar signifies a precarious mental imbalance.

The choice of a candy bar icon in general clearly and incontrovertibly demonstrates that the person has made a conscious decision to turn away from health and also that they probably have a lot of cavities and are very lardy.

Ah, a very shrewd and, dare I say, accurate assessment Dr. Watson. Or is it Dr. Jekyl? :confused:

Woggle hasn't been "constantly" abused and heckled here.

You, on the other hand ...

Yet another truism adroitly pointed out by she of the higher IQ...:cool:

dreamingoftigers
Thank you for validating my perception given you are a very experienced poster here. It's just unfortunate that there are so many people who for their own reasons are more than happy to take him on that roller coaster ride, time after time after time. They are treating him like a proxy for all their resentments and hatreds against men in their lives and he just doesn't deserve that.

I wouldn't go that far. I think they just got sick of hearing someone loop about the sane thing over and over.

It kind of came in stages: interest in him and helping him solve his dilemma, some emotional "rescuing," irritation, frustration, humor and soon probably giving up. They didn't happen all in a straight line. I think it is invalidating to think that someone you've reached out to had ignored your contributions. Of course that places the focus back on the wrong person. I saw the same thing with Russell and Surfer 203. And honestly, with myself, for not having ended my marriage last year.

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

You truly can't help yourself. You have an inability to actually pursue your own independent line of thinking, which is why you have a home here. The only reason you're even talking about avatars and candy bars is because you are following my lead. You are dependence personified.

Wow … you know what? You're right! I follow where you lead, oh mighty bwana. How can I have made it this far without your masterful leadership?

I'm glad that you decided to focus on my avatar to such an extreme extent. In spite of yourself, you are attracted by my dominant attitude and because you are psychologically disturbed, you are now feeling a growing attraction to me.

It's true … and my eyelids are growing heavier, and heavier … I await your command. Especially since I'm suddenly single, having devoured my hubby.

Sorry but I'm taken.

Aw, you won't even notice she's missing.

Mme. Chaucer
Mme. Chaucer, do you have an oral fixation?.:eek:

Your lucky hubby! :laugh:

He seemed to lose interest in my oral affection when I developed these long and pointy chompers ...

Mme. Chaucer

As a matter of fact you can feel free to show him this thread and tell him I said that.

Thank you for giving your permission, big guy!

An excerpt from Wikipedia:

"In the 1988 comedy film Beetlejuice, the titular protagonist uses a Zagnut bar to lure a fly to him. When the fly gets close enough, he grabs and devours it, after tossing the candy bar aside." ;)

frozensprouts
Donna's avatar is Lil Kim who is a rapper.

wow...now I'm embarrassed:o...

I had no idea ( until now) who it was in the picture for her avatar...

I don't know why, but i thought it was a man dressed like a woman with a shocked expression on his face

sorry about that

( it was an honest mistake...I am, after all not very "with it")