Is marriage on it's deathbed?

That's one of my issues with it. I personally feel dumped on, and I feel manipulated.

What you feel aint aways real.

That applies to Woggle too.

Though I am happily married I feel that unless gender relations improve soon marriage will be dead or at least a very small niche that only a few loyalists living in the past will practice within another decade or two.

I am sorry for sounding but it is clear that men and women truly do not like each other anymore.

Isn't it time to just face the facts and realize that things are not working anymore?

dude you are talking about the US. Marriage is very different in other places of the world and actually works out better than here. Love marriages are doomed from the start.

May I say that, as women, it is counterproductive to 'abuse' someone who already has an issue with women? Just saying.

I'm not "abusing" anyone, I've interacted with Woggle for years & am simply telling him plainly & straightly that I think these threads are counterproductive, he needs to level with the two people

best situated to truly help him, his therapist and his wife

• Like 1
I am not talking about my own marriage.

Why not? Why do you feel that it's appropriate for YOU to speak of marriages in general, but not your own? That's backwards.

Also what questions do I not directly answer?

For the third time, here's one:

Woggle, on page 5 of this thread Seeetjasmin asked you a direct question which you haven't answered so I'll post it again

'I'll ask again -- let's pretend that we all agree that there are "gender wars." What's your solution? What are you doing about it?"

I'm not "abusing" anyone, I've interacted with Woggle for years & am simply telling him plainly & straightly that I think these threads are counterproductive, he needs to level with the two people

best situated to truly help him, his therapist and his wife

I didn't mean to insinuate that you were abusing anyone. I apologize if that is how it sounded.

I'm just for people to vent, regardless of if the advice is productive or not. Just noted, in past experience, that advice from those not trusted is less received.

• Like 1
I told her I did not know what the solution was.

You're just doing your part by spreading the bad news from the tabloids? What exactly do you think you accomplish by doing that? I mean besides getting a lot of attention and pissing people off?

Honestly, since you (and 2 other people, evidently) believe there are "gender wars" (I laugh at that), and you claim to dislike these so-called "gender wars," why do you spend such an inordinate amount of time fanning the flames of these "gender wars"?

It seems that you very, very much want there to be lots of anger and hatred around gender issues.

• Like 1
  • Author
You're just doing your part by spreading the bad news from the tabloids? What exactly do you think you accomplish by doing that? I mean besides getting a lot of attention and pissing people off?

Honestly, since you (and 2 other people, evidently) believe there are "gender wars" (I laugh at that), and you claim to dislike these so-called "gender wars," why do you spend such an inordinate amount of time fanning the flames of these "gender wars"?

It seems that you very, very much want there to be lots of anger and hatred around gender issues.

I would actually love for their to be less bitterness but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

I would actually love for their to be less bitterness but I doubt that will happen anytime soon.

These kind of posts are the essence of Woggle. Passive-agressiveness in it's finest form.

Really. You don't want bitterness - yet you post hundreds of incendiary, flame baiting threads here on LoveShack. Way to stem the bitter tide, dude.

Why don't you answer the questions I asked?

Here they are again:

• Like 1

Woggle, you don't need this crutch anymore since you'll never be at the mercy of your mother or any other person, unless you allow it. You're an adult now.

• Like 1
  • Author

I spend time on it because sticking my head in the sand will not make it go away. Also as somebody who has been a victim of the gender wars and I will admit sometimes participant I feel very strongly about this.

Well how about if you just refrain from feeding the bitterness for starters?

I don't think so-called "gender wars" have anything to do with divorce rates. I do think it has everything to do with our instant gratification society. People don't stop and think before they jump into things, then they are surprised when they don't work out.

• Like 1
  • Author
Do you feel your actions will "save" other boy children from being abused?

I don't know but when I am out in public and I hear women trashing men in front of their sons or openly being abusive to his father in front of him which I see quite often it makes my blood boil. It makes me madder that everybody just stands around acting like it is no big deal when a man would damn near get the cops called on him if he talked to his wife like that in front of their daughter.

This is the kind of stuff I see everyday.

Nuh uh, not going to play your anecdotal game.

How will exacerbating gender relations help to fix the mental illness in your mother? In the situation of a drunk driver, do you blame the car for killing the innocent bystander?

I don't know but when I am out in public and I hear women trashing men in front of their sons or openly being abusive to his father in front of him which I see quite often it makes my blood boil. It makes me madder that everybody just stands around acting like it is no big deal when a man would damn near get the cops called on him if he talked to his wife like that in front of their daughter.

This is the kind of stuff I see everyday.

What kind of shyte hole part of the country do you live in where all the women cheat on their husbands and high five each other about it and where women openly publicly verbally abuse their men, and every day no less? Are you sure you aren't just replaying one scene over and over in your head and you forget it was really only one incident?
  • Author
Nuh uh, not going to play your anecdotal game.

How will exacerbating gender relations help to fix the mental illness in your mother? In the situation of a drunk driver, do you blame the car for killing the innocent bystander?

It is what I actually see. I am not trying to play some game.

I am not trying to exacerbate anything but I will never be that scared little victim I was growing up. Those days are gone. I realize it is not okay to hate women either but I will stand up for myself and my gender.

I don't think so-called "gender wars" have anything to do with divorce rates. I do think it has everything to do with our instant gratification society. People don't stop and think before they jump into things, then they are surprised when they don't work out.

Selfishness and f*ckwittery? Sure, but don't forget fear, that's always been a player.

• Author
Okay Woggle. Let's take the average week. What percentage of that week do you see women abusing men?

I don't know the exact percentage but I see it often especially at the grocery store or at Target.

• Author
So, how many times does it happen at Target or grocery store per week?

Maybe 1 or 2 times. There is this one woman who always seems to be shopping there at the same time as me and she is on her phone screaming at her husband using every curse in the book in front of her son and nobody seems to think it is a big deal.

I never see anything exciting at Target .. and the closest thing to "abuse" I've ever encountered is having my ears being assaulted by the shrill screaming of toddlers being told that no, they can't have six candy bars :laugh: