Is marriage on it's deathbed?

• Author

I meant to say that I am not saying all women are evil. I don't believe that to be the case. How is it spreading hatred to be honest about gender relations and call it like it is? Would you rather society just pretend this hatred is not there until everything explodes?

bentnotbroken
I will be the first to admit I have issues with women but I don't hate them. I would never advocate treating women as 2nd class citizens. I am just the messenger. Just look at how things are in this society if you think I am being paranoid.

So was the KKK with their message.

• Like 4
I meant to say that I am not saying all women are evil. I don't believe that to be the case. How is it spreading hatred to be honest about gender relations and call it like it is? Would you rather society just pretend this hatred is not there until everything explodes?

Let me quote Mme Chaucer:

"Dude, I live in the real world".

• Author
Let me quote Mme Chaucer:

"Dude, I live in the real world".

I do as well and in the real world male/female relationships are falling apart.

Well, I (and a lot of others in this thread) simply don't identify with your world view. You're obviously welcome to yours, but don't expect that we will buy into it. It might be your "truth", but it ain't mine.

• Like 2

Let us know when your divorce is final. Me? I'm going to enjoy getting married to the best man in the world!

• Like 5
bentnotbroken
Well, I (and a lot of others in this thread) simply don't identify with your world view. You're obviously welcome to yours, but don't expect that we will buy into it. It might be your "truth", but it ain't mine.

Mine either. And I have every reason to hate marriage and men. :sick:

It's really going to be annoying when your wife realizes that you actually despise her just because she has a vagina, and a clitoris, and some other stuff. And that she can't even make regular human mistakes because she's carrying the entire burden of your massive hatred towards women on her lone shoulders - she has to be PERFECT. Otherwise, she's just another skanky hobag like the rest of us.

On top of that, she might discover that her marriage is a complete sham, and she has no idea what her husband thinks and feels and what is the main driving force within him. (You repeatedly tell us that she has no idea about your main focus in life - hating and bashing women.) That's not love, that's a charade. Probably not what she was planning when she married you.

If she is even remotely normal, when these things are revealed to her, she may very well want out. I know I would.

Then, it will be celebration time for you, Woggle! You'll be validated in all your beliefs, and can come here and high-five it with your handful of hatin' bros. A "WALKAWAY WIFE," dude.

I have an idea. Why don't you and those other guys - maybe a couple of the manhaters on board can join you, too - go on and form your own website. Call it HateShack.

• Like 5
How is it spreading hatred to be honest about gender relations and call it like it is?

Everybody thinks they're "calling it like it is" when they get a negative reaction to their ridiculous broad statements.

Would you rather society just pretend this hatred is not there until everything explodes?

That hatred is IN YOU, and you seek it out in others. Even when you don't find it, you project it onto others anyway, and that's what drives us crazy.

Do you think I should dump my fiance because you, some guy on the internet, thinks men and women all hate each other and omg the sky is going to fall?

And, okay, let's say your delusions are actually 100% accurate. Let's say men and women all hate each other. What's your solution? Read the Daily Mail some more and keep on b-tching about it on a forum? Copy/paste the same threads over and over again for years and years, all while lying to your wife about who you are?

• Like 3
Would you rather society just pretend this hatred is not there until everything explodes?

Well, this is how you're conducting your marriage, isn't it?

• Like 3

Marriage and gender relations are falling apart whether some of the posters here want to admit it or not. The facts speak for themselves, 50% of marriages end in divorce. Men are increasingly wary of being screwed over in the family courts and gender relations are at an all time low.

There' s nothing in it for men anymore.

Marriage and gender relations are falling apart whether some of the posters here want to admit it or not. The facts speak for themselves, 50% of marriages end in divorce. Men are increasingly wary of being screwed over in the family courts and gender relations are at an all time low.

Then take good care of yourself and remain single, and far from women. I hope Woggle and Musemaj will join you, and you can all be happy and frolic together into the rainbows.

• Like 1

Thank goodness the haters make it easy for the rest of us to spot 'em. ;)

• Like 2

Haven't read the thread, but I've been around long enough to have been clued in to Woggles attitude concerning women. I understand Woggle had a bad childhood and a abusive, cruel, witch of a woman for a mother but hey guess what.........others have had worse or just as bad as you had for a parent.

I had a father who was a serial cheater, who physically abused me and my mother and who molested me when I was 14. Yep.....it's left me with issues, especially with men but hate for men isn't one of them. I suppose I could spend my time visiting sites that tend to highlight all the faults that men throughout history have had and feed myself that bs but hey if I did that, I'd be like Woggle. :sick:

Then take good care of yourself and remain single, and far from women. I hope Woggle and Musemaj will join you, and you can all be happy and frolic together into the rainbows.

Your ad hominem attacks can't dismiss the facts, marriage has been in decline for decades now and there's no sign of it changing. In another couple of decades it will be nothing more than a quaint memory.

Your ad hominem attacks can't dismiss the facts, marriage has been in decline for decades now and there's no sign of it changing. In another couple of decades it will be nothing more than a quaint memory.

Oooh, you speak Greek? Are you a lawyer?

• Like 1
Negative Nancy
When in this thread did I ever say I hated women.

Exactly. All the posters here who call him a woman-hater :rolleyes: should get off their high horses; Woggle doesn't hate women, it's clearly obvious that his posts come from a place of hurt and that he's just being distrustful after bad experiences with certain women. And witnessing this

- which to some extent is undeniably true - doesn't exactly help restoring faith in the opposite gender, so you can't really blame him. I know because I struggle with the same issues (in case y'all haven't guessed it from my postings yet :rolleyes: ) and I don't "hate" men either, I just don't trust them because many of them will throw a woman under the bus the minute another women shows interest in them.

It's totally normal that one doesn't make progress in one swift and smooth movement - having relapses every now and then is fairly normal, and you all must be blind or biased if you haven't noticed that Woggle has made alot of progress. In alot of his posts lately he has always pointed out that things, i.e. bad habits, apply to both genders, not just women as he would have probably stated a couple years ago. That's more than I can claim, so I give Woggle credit for realizing that there's bad apples on both sides. Threads like this one are just relapses triggered by reading or hearing something, but in the grand scheme of things Woggle has changed his tune about women alot.

• Like 1
Though I am happily married I feel that unless gender relations improve soon marriage will be dead or at least a very small niche that only a few loyalists living in the past will practice within another decade or two.

I am sorry for sounding but it is clear that men and women truly do not like each other anymore.

Isn't it time to just face the facts and realize that things are not working anymore?

Stop projecting your inner feelings on everybody else! You aren't "happily married" no happy person would post this kind of stuff on a regular basis.

I don't like marriage, it doesn't work for me but I can certainly recognize that it does work for other people. As for the rest, how couples conduct their marriages will change over time just as the rest of the society changes.

Agreed Nancy.

What I find way more disturbing than Woggle's rants is the gang mentality of most of the responses exhibited in this thread. Very creepy.

• Like 2

If some people feel that marriage isn't a good deal then those people won't get married, why is that a problem?

• Like 2
Negative Nancy
Stop projecting your inner feelings on everybody else! You aren't "happily married" no happy person would post this kind of stuff on a regular basis.

I beg to differ. I think you can be happily married and still recognize that the rest of the world is a bad place. When you've gone through stuff like having been cheated on and having been treated badly, the last thing you want is ever go through those horrible emotions again, so naturally you look out for signs in order to protect yourself from pain. And when you see what's going on in the majority of relationships, it might set you off and spark the need to vent somewhere in order to keep those bad feelings OUT of the relationship, which is exactly what Woggle is doing here and he has stated that numerous times.

• Author

Thank you NN. Maybe society is just crappy and the gender wars are a manifestation of that but it is clear that things these days are not working. It is better that I acknowledge these demons in me instead of just ignoring it and one day exploding. Letting things simmer and simmer just causes it to one day boil over.

• Like 1
Exactly. All the posters here who call him a woman-hater :rolleyes: should get off their high horses; Woggle doesn't hate women,

Read Post 18 + 5 or so years of hatred of a similar standard.

Take care,

Eve x

Maybe society is just crappy...

Yup, it sure is getting that way, but you can't let it get to you. Just keep your head high, chin up and live your life by your code.

BTW, the way you take the insults, snides and nastiness without rising to it, shows to me that your a fella that really should live with his head head high.

• Like 1