Is marriage on it's deathbed?

Most of us "creepy" respondents in this thread have spent many hundreds of words in countless other identical threads trying to convince Woggle that all women are not bad, that many of us share similar pain, that it's not healthy to nurture such negative feelings, that we wanted to help him, that he was a good guy and could leave it behind him, validating that his evil crazy ex and mom really did harm him, but reassuring him that those two and some other random whack beyotches and Valerie Solanas are not representative of most women, that his sick marriages were not representative of all marriages, etc. Some of us have extended this to PM's.

He does not acknowledge when others share their pain. A woman can come here (and often does) and say "I was raped by my father and beaten by my ex, but I'm still able to love and trust men" and he will not even deign to remark about it. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Nothing that happens to any woman counts. Bad things that happened to him, however, justify anything.

He just comes back, again, and again, and again, to tell us how it's "clear" that everybody lives their life based on fear and hatred just like he does. And, offers some "proof" from a tabloid or the Jerry Springer show.

Maybe you, Open Book, along with Negative Nancy and a small handful of others prefer to live this way, but not the rest of us.

And we are allowed to be sick and tired of it, and to verbalize that.

You are absolutely right, but wounds run deep. How far is not for any of us to judge.

MANY of us come back here with the same relationship problems...so what? Reinforce until it sticks. Or don't reply. Simple.

Negative Nancy
MANY of us come back here with the same relationship problems...so what? Reinforce until it sticks. Or don't reply. Simple.

Exactly. I bet everyone on here would roast a therapist who told a client in need that he is "sick and tired" of the client bringing up the same issues over and over again in therapy. But for some reason it is ok in here to tell Woggle off?

Some issues take YEARS, but in today's instant society nobody has patience or understanding anymore. Not surprising.

• Like 1
Most of us "creepy" respondents in this thread have spent many hundreds of words in countless other identical threads trying to convince Woggle that all women are not bad, that many of us share similar pain, that it's not healthy to nurture such negative feelings, that we wanted to help him, that he was a good guy and could leave it behind him, validating that his evil crazy ex and mom really did harm him, but reassuring him that those two and some other random whack beyotches and Valerie Solanas are not representative of most women, that his sick marriages were not representative of all marriages, etc. Some of us have extended this to PM's.

He does not acknowledge when others share their pain. A woman can come here (and often does) and say "I was raped by my father and beaten by my ex, but I'm still able to love and trust men" and he will not even deign to remark about it. It happens ALL THE TIME.

Nothing that happens to any woman counts. Bad things that happened to him, however, justify anything.

He just comes back, again, and again, and again, to tell us how it's "clear" that everybody lives their life based on fear and hatred just like he does. And, offers some "proof" from a tabloid or the Jerry Springer show.

Maybe you, Open Book, along with Negative Nancy and a small handful of others prefer to live this way, but not the rest of us.

And we are allowed to be sick and tired of it, and to verbalize that.

Just as I am allowed to verbalize my opinion that you guys are acting like a street gang, pouncing on somebody else's weakness like a pack of wolves. THAT'S WRONG. And I will continue to speak out against it. Cut it out!

• Like 4
This forum isn't set up to just cater your needs, though, so you may be sick and tired of it all you want, but Woggle and others are still allowed to vent here. This forum is for venting and dealing with interpersonal struggles.

Again, I have no problem with a thread clearly labled with "VENT" this isn't a vent thread. IMHO, if Woggle were a newer member I'd say it was a carefully crafted bait thread, calculated to get exactly the responses we're seeing now.

• Like 1
  • Author

By gender wars I don't mean literally wars but look at the divorce rate and look at how the marriage rate is at an all time low. Also look at how many people in relationships are unhappy and seem to hate their partner. Spend a day in family court and you will see what I am talking about.

I have shown empathy to women here and women can attest to it. I have shown empathy to NN and I always to tell men to back off when they start with ageism. I have even defended Mme when she was called a man hater.

I have a number of women in my therapy group and I don't have any issue with their presence. I admit I have trust issues but I have no desire to harm any woman or see them treated as second class citizens or any of that. I just see what is happening in male/female relations and I call it like I see it.

Truth be told it is happening in other areas as well. We live in a dog eat dog world where being the nice guy or girl gets a person eaten alive.

I am fine with people coming back again with the same relationship problems. I am a slow learner myself and have made the same mistake more than one time; I'm sure I'll do it again, too.

This thread and its plethora of twin threads from Woggle are NOT asking for help. They are insulting the relationships that we are all working on. They are insulting to his own supposedly "happy" marriage. They are calling on all of us to agree that women (well, maybe not all, but most) are heinous demons, and relationships are cesspools, especially for men.

It brings out the women haters (one has emerged on this thread who has been blessedly silent for weeks) for some high fiving.

And, maybe worse, it is a manipulative tactic that rouses most of us women here to try to prove him wrong. I've done it. Dozens of times. And he does not even talk to me.

He just comes back to share more bullshytte from the Daily Mail, and presents it as if its a fact or proof of something.

While all the real life, heartfelt experience of his FRIENDS and FELLOW SUFFERERS right here on LS goes completely ignored.

It is emotional masturbation, and involves all the rest of us. It's sick.

Just as I am allowed to verbalize my opinion that you guys are acting like a street gang, pouncing on somebody else's weakness like a pack of wolves. THAT'S WRONG. And I will continue to speak out against it. Cut it out!

And I'm visualizing Woggle, seated at his computer, laughing his arse off at having gotten all those stupid people on the internet going yet again. :laugh:

• Like 1
Negative Nancy
And I'm visualizing Woggle, seated at his computer, laughing his arse off at having gotten all those stupid people on the internet going yet again. :laugh:

Why would he do that, you seem to have forgotten that he also started threads about positive relationships etc. and has left the one-sided "it's only women that are bad" times behind. Neither a "troll", which you seem to think woggle is, nor somebody without any progress would do that.

Well, you are allowed to verbalize your opinion, which you have done. Telling us all to "cut it out" is not doing that, though.

Are you the boss of the thread?

Most of us have our own relationships (LS style only, I mean) with Woggle. I do. I am reacting to the trajectory of my own dealings with him as well as that of his posturing here.

Soserious is right; if we all didn't know Woggle, this would be easily identified as a troll post just out to get people all riled.

Woggle, who cares if the number of people getting married is up or down?

Maybe it means that people actually realize that they don't HAVE to get married, and it's a CHOICE.

I really think that all of you who like to bash the opposite gender, or the institution of marriage in general, or love, should just get out of relationships and don't marry. But leave the rest of us alone! Some of us are working on being happy and healthy.

Exactly. I bet everyone on here would roast a therapist who told a client in need that he is "sick and tired" of the client bringing up the same issues over and over again in therapy. But for some reason it is ok in here to tell Woggle off?

Some issues take YEARS, but in today's instant society nobody has patience or understanding anymore. Not surprising.

Not a good example, the therapist is getting PAID to listen to the same issues over and over again.

I have given Woggle sound advice in a respectful way on many occasions & have done so again today. He needs to be HONEST with his therapist & bring his wife into the loop regarding what he is actually thinking. Till he can do that he's stuck in a never ending loop.

• Author

I am not insulting my marriage or other happy marriages but we have is very rare in this day and age. It is.

Negative Nancy
I really think that all of you who like to bash the opposite gender, or the institution of marriage in general, or love, should just get out of relationships and don't marry. But leave the rest of us alone! Some of us are working on being happy and healthy.

you should take your own advice with regards to this thread then. if it's so "sick", just stay out. nobody forces you to read woggle's rants, but he certainly is entitled to his opinion. or are YOU the boss of the thread? :rolleyes:

you should take your own advice with regards to this thread then. if it's so "sick", just stay out. nobody forces you to read woggle's rants, but he certainly is entitled to his opinion. or are YOU the boss of the thread? :rolleyes:

I'm not telling anyone else what to post or not to post here.

Why would he do that, you seem to have forgotten that he also started threads about positive relationships etc. and has left the one-sided "it's only women that are bad" times behind. Neither a "troll", which you seem to think woggle is, nor somebody without any progress would do that.

I don't think Woggle is a troll, what I do think is that the patterned almost clockwork nature of these threads is filling some sort of unhealthy compulsion within him & that our participation in it might actually be harming him more than helping him.

Woggle makes references as to what will happen if he allows his woman hating feelings to just "simmer and simmer" he alludes to "what might happen" if these feelings were allowed to boil over.

IMHO, this is alarming & I urge him to share all of this honestly with the person he's paying for help.. his therapist.

• Like 3
By gender wars I don't mean literally wars but look at the divorce rate and look at how the marriage rate is at an all time low. Also look at how many people in relationships are unhappy and seem to hate their partner. Spend a day in family court and you will see what I am talking about.

I have shown empathy to women here and women can attest to it. I have shown empathy to NN and I always to tell men to back off when they start with ageism. I have even defended Mme when she was called a man hater.

I have a number of women in my therapy group and I don't have any issue with their presence. I admit I have trust issues but I have no desire to harm any woman or see them treated as second class citizens or any of that. I just see what is happening in male/female relations and I call it like I see it.

Truth be told it is happening in other areas as well. We live in a dog eat dog world where being the nice guy or girl gets a person eaten alive.

Again, he wasn't a bad man or husband. He had issues with all other women and needed to confront that. I'm just saying that although he has a great marriage, props to him (and to you, Woggle) for trying to work the other issues out.

Negative Nancy
Woggle makes references as to what will happen if he allows his woman hating feelings to just "simmer and simmer" he alludes to "what might happen" if these feelings were allowed to boil over.

IMHO, this is alarming

I don't think it's THAT dramatic, I think Woggle just dumps his negative emotions in here instead of taking them out on his wife. He even said that before, so there's no need to paint him as being on the verge of turning into a 2nd Sodini.

• Like 1
  • Author
I don't think it's THAT dramatic, I think Woggle just dumps his negative emotions in here instead of taking it out on his wife. He even said that before, so there's no need to paint him as being on the verge of turning into a 2nd Sodini.

Very true. I tried some Men's rights activist forums and when they were praising Sodini and the guy who shot Garielle Giffords I turned and walked right away. I would never harm anybody.

I don't think it's THAT dramatic, I think Woggle just dumps his negative emotions in here instead of taking it out on his wife. He even said that before, so there's no need to paint him as being on the verge of turning into a 2nd Sodini.

Exactly he "dumps" here all over a lot of really nice people who've tried to help him, they get to be the stand in's so he doesn't emotionally or verbally dump all over his wife.

Woggle, on page 5 of this thread Seeetjasmin asked you a direct question which you haven't answered so I'll post it again

'I'll ask again -- let's pretend that we all agree that there are "gender wars." What's your solution? What are you doing about it?"

May I say that, as women, it is counterproductive to 'abuse' someone who already has an issue with women? Just saying.

• Like 1
Exactly he "dumps" here all over a lot of really nice people who've tried to help him, they get to be the stand in's so he doesn't emotionally or verbally dump all over his wife.

That's one of my issues with it. I personally feel dumped on, and I feel manipulated.

Plus, I simply don't believe that a person could have anything like what I conceive of as a "real" relationship with a wife, or a husband, and keep this level of hatred and ****stirring alive at all times. So I think there's a high level of BS.

To me, it would be like if I were married to a Jewish man and frequented Aaryan Nation / Nazi boards to denigrate all Jews, day in and day out, and looking for all published material I could find that spoke horribly of Jews and sharing the links for them far and wide, but always saying "don't shoot the messenger," and, all the while, repeating that MY Jew was different.

And then there would be some Jews defending me because obviously some Jewish person had done me wrong in the past!

It's just sick.

May I say that, as women, it is counterproductive to 'abuse' someone who already has an issue with women? Just saying.

There is no "abusing" going on here.

If you guys think that Woggle is benefitting from being coddled, carry on. Personally, I think he is a grown man and can be held accountable for the crap he spreads around - and should be able to respond to direct questions when asked, also.

• Like 1
  • Author
Woggle, on page 5 of this thread Seeetjasmin asked you a direct question which you haven't answered so I'll post it again

'I'll ask again -- let's pretend that we all agree that there are "gender wars." What's your solution? What are you doing about it?"

I don't know what the solution is but if things don't change then male/female relationships will completely fall apart.

I don't know what the solution is but if things don't change then male/female relationships will completely fall apart.

Change from what to what, exactly? Use examples from your own marriage, please.