Why do men 37 yrs and up start to look like my grandpa?

Twenty-ten

less talk and more work and some of you men won't take it so personally when someone says that. ;)

I didn't take anything you said personally. I'm extremely happy with my looks and success with women at 45, and am more "current" than I would like to be sometimes. Most men don't personalize and internalize every generalization they see about men... unlike... never mind.

Just enjoy blowing up bad arguments based on falsehoods. If you are going to generalize, do a good job of it at least.

• Author
I don't reject new artists based on principal alone. I love a lot of new stuff that for some reason remains underground and appeals to a niche market. New music is actually mind numbingly conservative. While older artists from the 60s/70s/80s and even 90s pushed themselves to experiment and find new sounds new artists just do paint by numbers music to get played on the radio. It all sounds the same and I know many people in their 20s that prefer the older stuff. Britney Spears has been making the same song over and over again for the past 10 years. This is actually the most conservative music era since before rock and roll.

Also like I said in the spray tan thread if this is what is in style today I am glad to be getting older.

Oh sorry it was you who made the music comment, couldn't remember who.

Well glad to hear you don't reject music on principle alone, that is precisely what a lot of men who lose touch do. Interesting you said that music of the 60's, 70's and 80's was so much better in that it was less conservative but unless you are 20 yrs old, that would mean you had a good few decades to enjoy the sounds of these eras past. Also means that in the time of when that music was made I am sure people thought that music was conservative for that time as well, or that it was flat out garbage. I mean isn't that what all parents do to their kid's music? No teen wants to listen to music their parents think is cool.

Music has evolved and regressed in some ways, but there is still a lot of great stuff being made. Staying current is being able to accept the differences and adapting.

It's such a simple concept and yet it can be extended to all aspects of life, music, art, fashion and style are all part of the same evolving movement that some keep up with and some flat out reject. When you start clinging to a past and only the past, which seems like it is a lot of what these older looking men do, it shows.

Actually the parents of the 60s and 70s generations thought the Beatles and Hendrix were weird and strange. The parents of the 90s generation hated the music as well. The music of today is bland corporate produced stuff that almost sounds like it was made by a bunch of robots.

Quite honestly generation Y is very lame and boring which is why I don't really want to stay hip and trendy.

• Author
I don't agree, but for the sake of argument, who exactly do you think puts up the money for all these brilliant ideas coming out of these 21 y.o. heads?

Instead of blowing a gasket every time I post a comment and tripping over your own fingers to one up what I say, why don't you read what I actually post? If you want to debate read before you post, if you are just going to skim and dismiss everything I say then don't bother debating here. Just stand in front of the mirror and shout at yourself.

I already said, that older men are great for running a business (that includes funding and investing) but cool and hip concepts by and large are still initiated by the younger men in business. We must give credit where credit is due. You had your chance to make a difference now it is our youth's chance to shine, don't try to steal their thunder.

You see, we grown men have more important things going on than tabloids, reality shows, and whatever the vid du jour is on youtube, as in "being current" with what really matters in the world we are busy inventing and creating. :)

Like what insults on an online forum? Whatever you say pops.:laugh:

Is that why the most popular movie right now was written and directed by James Cameron who is 55 years old?

Is this why the biggest musical talent show right now was created by Simon Cowell who is 50 years old? I am not an AI fan but I don't deny it's impact on popular culture.

Is this why the biggest rapper in the world who also happens to be married to one of the most beautiful women in the world is 40 years old?

If you want to debate read before you post

My reading comprehension is fine thanks, not measurable actually. Do better.

but cool and hip concepts by and large are still initiated by the younger men in business.

Still don't agree with you. Most cool stuff comes from people over 30, the reason you hear more about the younguns in media is that they are the exception rather than the rule. I imagine you are an advertiser's wet dream.

But for the sake of argument, do you really think that if you added up all the "cool and hip" concepts, developed by people of any age, that the grand sum of all that would even be a dew drop on the entirety of the "current" state of the world?

Hip and cool make good magazine copy, but they don't exactly sum up the "current" state of anything, especially not technology, the economy, politics or society at large. I don't think you understand what "being current" really is.

Like what insults on an online forum? Whatever you say pops.:laugh:

I'm not the one who made a thread full of fallacious fail wailing about why men don't keep in shape, princess.

Troll? and probably recently rejected by a 37 year old and just needs to vent. Just a guess........Either way, I say she's done a fantastic job informing everyone just how ignorant she is. Let her keep trolling, she gets spanked everytime she comes back for more anyhow. So pathetic it's laughable.:lmao:

• Author
Actually the parents of the 60s and 70s generations thought the Beatles and Hendrix were weird and strange. The parents of the 90s generation hated the music as well. The music of today is bland corporate produced stuff that almost sounds like it was made by a bunch of robots.

Quite honestly generation Y is very lame and boring which is why I don't really want to stay hip and trendy.

Depends what your taste is. Voxtrot, Sigur Ros, Interpol , Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Virgins, Ok Go, Amy Weinhouse, Queens of The Stoneage, Bloc Party, The Shins, Kaiser Chiefs, all sorts of electro more experimental stuff too but you already said you hate "robot" music. You like 80's stuff and don't like robot music? :laugh: Two words: New Wave

Depends what your taste is. Voxtrot, Sigur Ros, Interpol , Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Virgins, Ok Go, Amy Weinhouse, Queens of The Stoneage, Bloc Party, The Shins, Kaiser Chiefs, all sorts of electro more experimental stuff too but you already said you hate "robot" music. You like 80's stuff and don't like robot music? :laugh: Two words: New Wave

Most of those groups you mentioned are not bad but ask your average teenager who most of them are and they will have no clue. Like I said before the good music remains obscure.

I like some elctronic music and that is not what I am talking about when I say robot music. What I mean is heavily autotuned stuff with all the emotion processed out.

• Author
Troll? and probably recently rejected by a 37 year old and just needs to vent. Just a guess........Either way, I say she's done a fantastic job informing everyone just how ignorant she is. Let her keep trolling, she gets spanked everytime she comes back for more anyhow. So pathetic it's laughable.:lmao:

Oh I see I am a troll because I have an opinion that is not popular with the men that this thread reflects on? A lot of men contributed in this discussion and were able to add intelligent comments, agreeing or disagreeing it is the ones who have their titties in a knot that clearly can't take the truth being reflected back onto them.

Not my problem grandpas.

Those bands you list are all mainstream, far far from being experimental. That one hit wonder the YeahYeahs had a few years back was Ok I guess... because it had a VU backbeat :lmao:

• Author
Most of those groups you mentioned are not bad but ask your average teenager who most of them are and they will have no clue. Like I said before the good music remains obscure.

I like some elctronic music and that is not what I am talking about when I say robot music. What I mean is heavily autotuned stuff with all the emotion processed out.

Yeah ok but why would someone in their 30's want to listen to what teenagers are listening to? I don't care what teenagers find cool. I am not a teenager nor do I want to be one.

Yeah ok but why would someone in their 30's want to listen to what teenagers are listening to? I don't care what teenagers find cool. I am not a teenager nor do I want to be one.

You are the bemoaning the fact that older men are not in touch with what is current and hip.

You are the bemoaning the fact that older men are not in touch with what is current and hip.

:lmao::lmao: /thread

• Author

Right.... and what does teenage music have to do with anything?

At least you knew the names I threw out which is more than I can say for most older dudes. You are prob still in your early 30's.

Right.... and what does teenage music have to do with anything?

At least you knew the names I threw out which is more than I can say for most older dudes. You are prob still in your early 30's.

I am 31 and I keep with current music though I admit I mostly listen to older stuff some of which was even made before I was born. I even saw Yeah Yeah Yeahs live once.

Teenagers and college kids have usually been the main trendmakers. When I was in high school they love Nine Inch Nails or Biggie Smalls if they were into rap. Today's kids would rather listen to Katy Perry or Black Eye Peas than the groups you mentioned.

Oh I see I am a troll because I have an opinion that is not popular with the men that this thread reflects on? A lot of men contributed in this discussion and were able to add intelligent comments, agreeing or disagreeing it is the ones who have their titties in a knot that clearly can't take the truth being reflected back onto them.

Not my problem grandpas.

:lmao: Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it is factually accurate. Your not having a discussion, your generalizing, that'd be like me saying why are most girls in their twenties over weight, statistically, more than half are obese. .......the only thing that's twisted are your panties apparently, By the time your in your late twenties you'll pass for well into your thirties, take it to the bank. Stay out of the sun, it's your worst ememy.

• Author
I am 31 and I keep with current music though I admit I mostly listen to older stuff some of which was even made before I was born. I even saw Yeah Yeah Yeahs live once.

Teenagers and college kids have usually been the main trendmakers. When I was in high school they love Nine Inch Nails or Biggie Smalls if they were into rap. Today's kids would rather listen to Katy Perry or Black Eye Peas than the groups you mentioned.

31. See!! ;)

Ok but why go the other extreme, as I mentioned earlier why go the other extreme? Teenie bopper stuff is just as bad as Lawrence Welk.

Ok here is an example. I met this guy last year at a fundraiser event he was 39 he was dressed in a suit, it was a black tie affair and he looked sooo good and had great conversation. So he asks me out we make plans to meet but he insists on me picking the place, I ask him what kind of places he likes to be considerate of his places of comfort, he doesn't offer much and says, choose a place you know the area better than I do. He works downtown so it's not like he does not know the area at all. So I pick this really great place that is hopping on Friday nights, it's a fusion Japenese/tapas style resto-lounge with a live dj. So I get there the place is hopping and packed with a great looking crowd, I'm all decked out casual-ish but sexy chic, and I get to the bar and there he is in light blue dad jeans and a bad shirt. WOAH! Who invited grandpa?

Why, WHY? :laugh:

The entire time he kept going on and on about how great the place was and how he didn't even know the place existed. The youngest person there must have been 35 and this guy was single for a while not like he just got out of a 10 yr relationship and didn't know what's what.

My girlfriends have a million stories similar to this.

I go out dressed in jeans and a T shirt usually as well especially in the summer. I just do not care about being super fashionable or any of that. Going to trendy clubs is not my thing anyway. I would rather take my jet ski out on the water and I will be buying a boat pretty soon. The metrosexual thing is not for me. Men are better when we are rough if you ask me. I would rather shoot pool with bikers.

Speaking of rough this is my issue with current music. What happened to the raw aggression in groups like Motorhead, Stooges, Hendrix and others like them? Rock music is too pretty or too laid back for my tastes these days.

• Author
:lmao: Just because you have an opinion doesn't mean it is factually accurate. Your not having a discussion, your generalizing, that'd be like me saying why are most girls in their twenties over weight, statistically, more than half are obese. .......the only thing that's twisted are your panties apparently, By the time your in your late twenties you'll pass for well into your thirties, take it to the bank. Stay out of the sun, it's your worst ememy.

If you said that I wouldn't disagree with you or get my titties in a knot, it's your observation and it's probably true.

Cool.

We are having a discussion feel free to join in.

I have naturally tanned skin, don't need a lot of sun but do so anyway....love to travel. I have good genes so I am not too worried. I do have to watch my weight as I get older so that I am very conscious of. But even if I didn't have good genes I would make sure to compensate in other respects, I understand that looking good and having a youthful attitude is attractive. Men should too, since this is what they demand of women.