Why do men 37 yrs and up start to look like my grandpa?

Twenty-ten

This thread is awesome. I am 29 and looking for a somewhat older man but find myself unattracted to people that show obvious signs of aging. Sighh....

sumdude judging by the snippet of your hair and eye picture, I have no trouble believing and have a feeling you still look pretty damn good for 41. ;)

Lucky in the genetics department. My grandparents all lived close to 100 years.

My dad works in a retirement community so both he and my mom get to feel like they look really young when they walk around there.

Yes, yes yes!!! I could not agree more!!!! It's a real pet peeve of mine I will try to dig up one of the worse ones I have seen as of late that truly irritates me and it makes me feel embarrassed for not only how men are depicted but on how women are utter bitches to their men.

It is so far gone the other way now it makes me sick to see this. Honestly there are more commercials I find extremely annoying these days for that very reason you just wrote about than anything else. It is annoying how imbecilic men are portrayed in commercials.

I do see a huge problem with that an I lose all respect in a brand that uses this formula to promote their goods.

As mad as I get in a way this is true. Many women are utter bitches to their men these days and most men are spineless jellyfish who sit back and take it. I don't like the way they promote this is as the ideal though.

Pale Blue, do you exercise, moderate your drinking, try to avoid smoking, eat healthily, and try to manage your stress?

i exercise off and on, a month or two here and there. i dont drink all the time, i dont smoke - i think that makes people look older than they are. and yesi try to eat decent. eating too many cheeseburgers is not going to help you retain that youthful appearance.

You may be right in that case, Tami-Chan. However, I think it is unfair to use actors and politicians for the aging comparison. It's their job to look good and young. The point of this thread is why your average woman ages better than your average man. Actors and politicians have to maintain a certain physical image to get jobs or win elections. The average woman in the US feels an incentive to look good while the average male seems to look good or is ignorant of what style is.

I understand what you are saying, but Scott Brown's wife is also in the limelight (journalist on tv)-so they are both in the in "public". My point is why does she not look as good as her husband?

Anyway, my experience is different, the men that I notice are 40 something and all look good-true with gray hair and some wrinkles but they do not look bad with it, unlike the women......remember, most of these men probably do not use anti-aging creams, moisturizers and the like! What would be our excuse for not looking "better" or "younger" than our male counterparts, considering most beauty products are marketed with us in mind? Society is not fair to men when it comes to "beauty."

I don't know much about the chemical composition of makeup and such, but it seems like a reliance on that could accelerate aging for women. Girls I know are also much more into tanning, both in the tanning bed and at the beach/pool.

Dexter Morgan
Why is it that men over 35 start to look really old. Men over 40, forget it.

because they don't take care of themselves. I'm 41, and I look better than when I was 21.

These men at that age which is still very young in my book, if they look old, they just let themselves go. Simple as that.

thegreatmoose
The one on the right is not that attractive to me. I really do not find fake women appealing in any way.

Oh he'll say the 10 min one, just to be a classic contrarian! :D

I am sure most guys do a double take to this second right hand picture over the left hand one yet it is the exact same woman.

He doesn't like the one on the right? Who would have thought? :laugh:

hmmmmm, which look do I perfer? The one on the left is actually not that bad. The one on the right..... :love:

He doesn't like the one on the right? Who would have thought? :laugh:

hmmmmm, which look do I perfer? The one on the left is actually not that bad. The one on the right..... :love:

It is the truth. I tend to have different taste in women than most men.

I typically am not attracted to men under 33..I think men look so hot in their late 30s to early 40s (only when they're in shape and have full hair). I find their wrinkles and bedroom eyes more sexy than wide eyed young guys..

Why is it that men over 35 start to look really old. Men over 40, forget it. I have been contacted by ex-boyfriends on facebook and I cannot believe how old they look and they are barely over 40. They are shocked at how I haven't changed much since we were in our 20's (their words not mine) and yet I don't even know what to say back. I've put on 10 lbs in 15 yrs yet some of them have put on like 60lbs they don't even look like the same men. Another one is bald and has a grey beard and he is only 40. I could barely make the connection when he contacted me.

Do I lie and tell them they look good when they clearly don't? What do you say to someone who looks old and unattractive?

What is up with men over 40 looking like a much older, sometimes very overweight, man? 40 is not old, so why do women still look considerably better than men at 40 for the most part?