What are you doing to go on?

Hello Ladies (and gents if any),

It was Mother's Day here downunder today, and I had such a delightful day with all the people who my life would not be worth living without.

I just thought, therefore, regardless of where you are (and whether you celebrate Mothers Day or not), Happy Mothers Day to all of you for today anyway!

May the peaceful sight of a sleeping child at night remind you every day, as it does me, I must be doing something right after all...

Hello Ladies (and gents if any),

It was Mother's Day here downunder today, and I had such a delightful day with all the people who my life would not be worth living without.

I just thought, therefore, regardless of where you are (and whether you celebrate Mothers Day or not), Happy Mothers Day to all of you for today anyway!

May the peaceful sight of a sleeping child at night remind you every day, as it does me, I must be doing something right after all...

Ah Ozgirl, Happy MOther's Day to you! It is MOther's Day morning here. I just spent yesterday with my Mom and some family, and my Mom gave me this beautiful figurine of a woman holding a little baby up high in her arms. Because I just become a grandmother 6 weeks ago! I just up and cried!! What a lovely feeling! Just had to share that!

Oh I just got a hanging plant of my favorite flowers from my son and he didn't even know they were my favorite!! Happy happy joy joy!!:D

StoneyHeart

My children are being wonderful to me this morning. However, I am so tired from hanging out and walking with all friends yesterday that I am still obsessing about MM making a big day for his wife today. (not sure what he's doing for her if anything but in my mind he is consumed with how to make a wonderful day for her. WOn't let it ruin my day, but as I wake up I am allowing myself a few minutes of this ugly thought.

My children are being wonderful to me this morning. However, I am so tired from hanging out and walking with all friends yesterday that I am still obsessing about MM making a big day for his wife today. (not sure what he's doing for her if anything but in my mind he is consumed with how to make a wonderful day for her. WOn't let it ruin my day, but as I wake up I am allowing myself a few minutes of this ugly thought.

Oh yuck!! don't mess up your day! My exMM used to tell me he did nothing and I believed him. I have no idea what really happened. You'll just drive yourself crazy because you'll never know the real answer. Try to focus on you - and enjoy what you're children are doing for you!

DITTO DITTO DITTO.

My MM used to say they did nothing...

Stoney, it's MOTHERS DAY... stop worrying about what you don't have and take a good look at what you do have - your kids. Who, if they're anything like mine, will be angels for half an hour then the rest of mother's day is the same as every other day where I'm just cook/cleaner/that-never-ending-list-of-mother-things.... ! God love 'em.

Take a look at your day, who's in your life, and who loves you unconditionally (well, okay, if you didn't feed them the conditions would soon appear..lol) - he's the one missing out, not you.

HAPPY Mother's DAY woman!:bunny: I wanna see another post from you before you go to bed tonight telling us what a fantastic day you had, because you deserve it for being what I heard Oprah once call mothers - the lifeblood of society.

lovernotafighter

alright ladies and gents...I've come up with a plan of my own I'm implementing Monday.

I just got a job as a concierge/front desk clerk at a large hotel and am doing that part time..they have a gym and a pool and I'm gonna use that after work then go to my regular job...I also signed up for a class at our local community college.

I think this might do the trick..wish me luck ,I'm gonna need it :-)

and happy mothers day everyone of you lovely women with kids

Folks,

This board is hopping today! And I am leaving to get out and enjoy the day. I'll catch up with you all later.

Have a wonderful day - Mother's Day - Sunday - whatever day!!!

lovernotafighter
Folks,

This board is hopping today! And I am leaving to get out and enjoy the day. I'll catch up with you all later.

Have a wonderful day - Mother's Day - Sunday - whatever day!!!

yes me to movin...taking my mommy out to dinner :)

hope yours is great

Blind Illusion
alright ladies and gents...I've come up with a plan of my own I'm implementing Monday.

I just got a job as a concierge/front desk clerk at a large hotel and am doing that part time..they have a gym and a pool and I'm gonna use that after work then go to my regular job...I also signed up for a class at our local community college.

I think this might do the trick..wish me luck ,I'm gonna need it :-)

and happy mothers day everyone of you lovely women with kids

Oh congrats to you on all accounts. The new part time job and the opportunities with the pool and gym. The classes too. Good for you LNAF.

Good, you are gonna motivate me now. (And i need all the motivation I can get). I'm going to get myself back to the gym this week (how sad is that---it's already paid for and I am not going?)

Saturday I take a test to get back to work in the Court System. Wish me luck.

Saturday I take a test to get back to work in the Court System. Wish me luck.

GOOD LUCK!!! I work in the legal profession too. I like it!

Blind Illusion

Thanks, Moving On.

I almost broke down today and emailed and called him after I ignored last weeks call from him. Why, because I was starting to really miss him and started feeling empty, etc. Luckily I spoke with a great girlfriend of mine who nixed the idea of emailing him that I had. She rightly told me I would just be glossing over his behavior and things would just remain the same.

Thank God for girlfriends, right.

In that light, another friend told me she got tickets to see some summer beach show with Kc & the Sunshine Band, Gloria Gaynor and Sister SLEDGE. At first I thought no but figured what the hell. I need to have summer outtings and events to look forward to. I don't want to waste a summer of my life mulling and being sad all the time. I must live life, embrace new experiences. A few cocktails and laughs with old friends.....whats not good about that?

So, if I ever come in here humming "I will Survive" or "We Are Family", you all will know why :):)

• Author
Walking away

Blind Illusion

You go girl! Are you in NC too?

If so, welcome to our club!

I don't want to waste a summer of my life mulling and being sad all the time. I must live life, embrace new experiences.

THAT is exactly what I felt last night.

I went to bed early to read my book in peace... and left my curtains open because it was still light (9.30pm) and the sky was so beautiful. Now, I live in the UK and we get some pretty short days in the winter, so the evening light is a JOY... and I thought...

... oh dear... am I going to waste the entire summer feeling so low..? No!

I'm having such bad days (like you BI, I've been tempted to contact him, but I'm not going to... not this time) that it's hard to do anything at times, but I'm determined to get my life back together and not waste the summer crying over what might have been.

There's an open-air performance of Jane Eyre in a month or so which I'm going to get tickets to see. Nothing better than a play on a summers evening!

Good for you Sami. I used to sit in and be miserable and miss so much. Then when the nice weather hit, I came to the same realization. So I took my walks in the woods or my dog to the park. And even went to concerts by myself.

Get that camera out girl!!

• Author
Walking away

Yep, Sami. Keep on keeping on!

You are doing great! Keep reminding yourself of that. You are fine and you will be even better with each passing day.

You are a formidable woman. Remember that.

Hugs

WA

Thanks MO and WA... I must say I don't feel very 'formidable' today... I feel like a worn out piece of rag.

Keep on keeping on. Etc.

Blind Illusion
Blind Illusion

You go girl! Are you in NC too?

If so, welcome to our club!

I don't know what I am, WalkingAway other than one confused woman. I am not in a traditional NC-I just never called him back a week ago, after not having heard from him in almost 2. I was so angry that he feels he can waltz in and out of my life at whim. But, then the days go on, and I start missing him, and I just don't know what I want. Or what is better, I should say.

More "Moving On" things:

-I returned to the gym tonight

-I joined an online book discussion group-we're reading "Kafka on the Shore" - Murakami Haruki

I don't mean to bore people with these things. I am really trying to convince myself that not everything has to be about the MM (something I obviously know intellectually but my heart is another matter)

• Author
Walking away

Blind Illusion,

I am so sorry for your confusion. I understand that these affairs are rarely cut and dried.

Keep posting. We are here.

BI

When I started my A, I was married as well. Before we were found out and even more so after, I could not stand being M to my H. It was eating me up inside. And while I did end up moving out and ending the M, of course assuming MM would do the same, I remember saying to him, I'm leaving my H whether you do or not. I cannot possibly live like this one more day. As you might recall, it was quite a struggle and the A lasted 7 years without MM leaving his M. But even though it was a terrible ride, leaving my M was the best thing I ever did for me. I so don't regret it although I do regret how I did it.

I'm not telling you what to do. But it seems you are doing a lot of new things to keep yourself and your mind occupied. That's all fine except at some point, its not going to be enough.

Many people fear D and rightfully so. But I chose to face it and came out the other side, just like WA.

I'm not telling you to get a D by any means. Just giving a little perspective. I remember how I felt being in the M when my heart was with MM and we could not stop seeing each other. God I was so miserable. I can't imagine continuing to do that. Of course, I also had to deal with seeing MM and his WI around town and at the kids' games, etc. which made it a thousand times harder. I don't know how you guys do it. What a hard road. It just seems like a never ending cycle of misery. Of course, I'm going from my experience. I can see you are stuck in the cycle and I feel so bad for you. My heart goes out to you.:love:

Blind Illusion
BI

I'm not telling you what to do. But it seems you are doing a lot of new things to keep yourself and your mind occupied. That's all fine except at some point, its not going to be enough.

Many people fear D and rightfully so. But I chose to face it and came out the other side, just like WA.

I'm not telling you to get a D by any means. Just giving a little perspective. .:love:

Thanks for that. Actually divorce is something that I have in mind. I don't want it to be some long term goal as when the children move out or anything like that. I will be spending too much time in misery.

That's one of the reasons why I am looking to go back to work full time. I need to become more economically self sufficient. Then I can make other changes as well. You're right though...I know that doing things, etc will not be really enough at some point. I can feel that now a little.

What I've been doing today... finishing off sealing and polishing the kitchen floor (quarry tiles), and prepping the dining room window outside ready for painting. And going for a walk. Have only cried about 5,000 tears today, so I'm doing well. Ha!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

eta: Forgot what I did this morning! Piano practice. And cleared out some weed from the pond so the fish can move, and trimmed my topiary. Yes :)

What I've been doing today... finishing off sealing and polishing the kitchen floor (quarry tiles), and prepping the dining room window outside ready for painting. And going for a walk. Have only cried about 5,000 tears today, so I'm doing well. Ha!

Hope everyone else is doing ok!

eta: Forgot what I did this morning! Piano practice. And cleared out some weed from the pond so the fish can move, and trimmed my topiary. Yes :)

Geez woman!! I hope I get that much done when I break up!! Yikes!!

You gals aren't going to believe this! I was at the gym today, which is what I do to feel good and relieve stress. A guy, who goes there regularly and I started talking. That made me feel good! Anyway at the end of the discussion I asked him if he was married. He was giving me signs early on that he was interested. Turns out he is. Guess what I did.....I walked away and saif "forget it'!!! Yeah. That felt good!

• Author
Walking away

Yeah, I don't think many of us would be in the least bit tempted to repeat the muck that we have endured.

Good for you Kymberann!