What are you doing to go on?

Hm well I don't have any family as such. Both parents are dead, Dad 5 years, Mum 2. I have one brother, with a wife and 3 children (I'm going to be godmother to their youngest next Sunday). One aunt still living, and her children and grandchildren. That's it.

I keep thinking... if ever I DO get married to MM... it's going to be a really sad wedding. :o

But if you do, it will be lovely and spiritual and poignant.;)

But if you do, it will be lovely and spiritual and poignant.;)

You know... that is what I think too... I just want something that means so much to us two. Nothing else matters.

I do then worry about ... the fact he has both parents living, and of course two children.

No doubt we could come to some arrangement that is best for all.

She said... not knowing if she'll ever see him again.

UM

Just remembered... wasn't this supposed to be a thread about moving on..??????

I've just desecrated it. Typical! :sick: SORRY!

I used to paint and I was thinking of taking that up again...I also used to love to make my own clothes..which might be better for me cause it can really take my mind off things and I'll have something to show for it.

LNF,

Painting sounds great! And so does making your own clothes! So creative!

I'd do it too, but my painting skills don't stretch any further than painting planks the same colour; the brush goes up, the brush comes down, the brush goes up, then the brush comes down etc.... Get the picture...??? :laugh:

So if you have the talent, get cracking, I say!!!! :)

Everybody is welcome. The spirit of this thread is to encourage and uplift and prove to each other that we can have joy in our lives no matter what the situation.

Thank you, Movinon! :bunny:

UM

Just remembered... wasn't this supposed to be a thread about moving on..??????

I've just desecrated it. Typical! :sick: SORRY!

Sami,

You do make me laugh! You haven't desecrated anything!!!! :lmao:

If you get married one of these days, it will be a fantastic day that you will never forget!

In the meantime, we will both keep out lenses busy, yeah? I am a pain taking walks to, and I seem to have a strange fascination for birches! I came home one day and realised that I had about 30 photos of birches, birches and more birches (probably 40% of ALL the photos - which also included one birthday party!!!) Huh??? What is THAT all about???? :confused:

serial muse

Hey Sami - would you ever consider uploading one of your photos to your profile? It would be cool to see your work; somehow I'm sure you have an excellent artist's eye. :)

Sorry - /hijack.

RealityCheck

For me, I have to stay busy, but then I have always been that type! I work out every day, look after my kids and I am a Published Author/Writer so that takes up much of my time. The bright side is I get to spill the ink so to speak and release much of my pent up emotions for what I got myself into!

• Author
Walking away

Wow!

Isn't it cool the way we all bring special gifts with us? I can only take pictures through a disposable cameria (LOL), but I can play the piano really well. When I was younger, I used to play for weddings (hear that Sami?) and church...even studied music in college.

Now, I just play for my kids and their friends....they are so easily impressed!

zarathustra
I thought I would start this thread, as I read Ozgirl request this posting....

For those of us who are going on with our lives with or without the MM, what are you doing in your paths in life?

I am getting back into school (again!), started dating, and I am planning a trip in June to visit some friends. In addition, I have started working out.

And, I feel great. I have myself back. And, to be honest, I had missed the real me....

How about the rest of you? What are you doing to go on with your lives?

Hi ladies,

I hope I'm not tool late in joining this thread... I just got back in town!

Since January this year, I've been taking art lessons to keep myself occupied. Now, the class is over and I have a couple of weeks off to decide what's the next class I'm going to take. I was enrolled in the second class, but I have decided to play baseball with my friend's husband's team. So I'm not sure if I can handle more than one weekday outing a week. I also have company over to my house almost every week. I think I'll also try taking some salsa and swing dancing lessons.

Usually, I find baking very therapeutic. Recently, I've been gardening more. I'm not usually good with gardening because I don't like bugs, but I think its something I need to learn to overcome. Yesterday, I was germinating some tomatoes from seed and was filling up some containers with soil and saw a spider. I shreaked on the top of my lungs... no one noticed... and I thought I would DIE!!! Anyway, to my surprise, I lived through it.

I also have the intention of spending time to investigate some good investments.

I guess that this will keep me pretty busy.

movinon05
Wow!

Isn't it cool the way we all bring special gifts with us? I can only take pictures through a disposable cameria (LOL), but I can play the piano really well. When I was younger, I used to play for weddings (hear that Sami?) and church...even studied music in college.

Now, I just play for my kids and their friends....they are so easily impressed!

Well music is the most therapeutic thing in my life besides nature. It always has been. I sing and I'll be singing for a wedding in June. People always enjoy it and it makes me feel good that I have a gift that I can share with others.

My 14 yr old son started playing the piano 2 years ago and within 1 year was playing classical music that he would teach himself. I bought him a used piano and it is so wonderful when he sits down and classical music wafts throughout the house. Most therapeutic.

I went to see my Mom at the hospital yesterday and while my sister and I were waiting over an hour for her to get back from her MRI, my sister was telling me more about a home business she started 6 months ago in which she is already a district manager. It is the fastest growing company in its field and is growing by leaps and bounds so I decided to be a part of it. She gave me a cd and product samples and I have decided to join and start a side business since my finances are in the toilet. I'm feeling good about this one. Wish me luck!

movinon05

Hey Zara,

Never too late. I personally want to see this thread going every single day and never get moved to the second page.

The house I moved to 4 yrs ago has a beautiful garden where flowers grow every season. The guy before me really knew his stuff. I'm trying not to kill it, but the weeds and grass are getting ahead of me. I need to work on that as well.

zarathustra
The house I moved to 4 yrs ago has a beautiful garden where flowers grow every season. The guy before me really knew his stuff. I'm trying not to kill it, but the weeds and grass are getting ahead of me. I need to work on that as well.

Same with the man who owned the house before me (and my H). He has a massive green thumb. I just went to an organic farm and the farmer gave me some jerusalem artichoke. I figure that if I add anything to my garden, I better be able to eat or cook with it!

As per the weeds and grass, I have a small lot and I don't have much grass. I am either going to pave the back with flagstones and get rid of the remaining grass or I will grow cat grass and put my cats on a harness to mow... oops... I mean eat the grass when the grass needs trimmin'.

eyeswideshut

Let' see.

I'm quite pathetic. I come on this thread, read and smoke.

But I do have stuff I want to do. But I keep checking my emails! Sometimes I force myself to go out and socialize. My friends are taking good care of me.

I am reading books and writing music but i'd like to get back into my piano playing. I'd like to write more.

I've had writer's block since this affair. argh!

I meditate.

But one thing I've noticed is that I am a hell of a lot less productive than I used to be. i'm so slow too. It takes me forever to keep my appartment neat, cook supper, do my chores and run errands. I feel all scattered.

Any tips? I feel like I'm in slow motion.

movinon05
Let' see.

I'm quite pathetic. I come on this thread, read and smoke.

But I do have stuff I want to do. But I keep checking my emails! Sometimes I force myself to go out and socialize. My friends are taking good care of me.

I am reading books and writing music but i'd like to get back into my piano playing. I'd like to write more.

I've had writer's block since this affair. argh!

I meditate.

But one thing I've noticed is that I am a hell of a lot less productive than I used to be. i'm so slow too. It takes me forever to keep my appartment neat, cook supper, do my chores and run errands. I feel all scattered.

Any tips? I feel like I'm in slow motion.

Get back into your piano playing. How awesome is that? I wish I played the piano. Don't you love it? I played the violin for years. bought myself a new one about two years ago and have hardly played it. Hmm. Another idea!

The only reason I'm less productive is because I'm on this board so much. lol! But hey, whatcha gonna do. I've got more time now that my kids are older and choices to do what I want. I'm starting to get back in the game.

RealityCheck

I agree with Movinon!!!

Come on now girl, get your groove back on!!

Geez, don't let any relationship take that much control!! You may not be ready to have a relationship with anyone, but at least maintain and nuture one with yourself!!

eyeswideshut

Guess what I just did?

I got up my ergonomic chair, and put the timer on.

I just practiced 1 full hour (and 10 extra minutes due to addictive nature)

of Bach's Goldberg Variations and one of my old pieces from so long ago, a Bach Prelude and Fugue.

Mindblowing.

I'm so proud of myself.

I think I'll try one hour a night.

eyeswideshut

How many minutes of housecleaning do you all do per day?

I feel as though it takes me forever to clean. It's clean, but i only work on one room a day, and it's constantly messy.

now that i'm in slowmotion, it piles up more.

I had to do 5 loads of wash on Sunday.

movinon05
Guess what I just did?

I got up my ergonomic chair, and put the timer on.

I just practiced 1 full hour (and 10 extra minutes due to addictive nature)

of Bach's Goldberg Variations and one of my old pieces from so long ago, a Bach Prelude and Fugue.

Mindblowing.

I'm so proud of myself.

I think I'll try one hour a night.

Yay!! See? You just gave yourself over one hour of pure pleasure!!! You should be proud! But also enriched. How cool!

movinon05
How many minutes of housecleaning do you all do per day?

I feel as though it takes me forever to clean. It's clean, but i only work on one room a day, and it's constantly messy.

now that i'm in slowmotion, it piles up more.

I had to do 5 loads of wash on Sunday.

Hey now! This is supposed to be an uplifting board! You wanna talk chores!???? Don't get me depressed!!!

Having said that, I don't own this board. If someone wants to give happy advice that sounds really uplifting, I'm all for it! :laugh:

Of course, you could also "Whistle While You Work". Maybe that'll help!

• Author
Walking away

I find that school is extremely therapeutic for me.

I have been accepted into a forensic nurse program which is self paced.

I hope to start the first of June.

Housework? I hate it, but it is a necessary evil for I have five children with me. The house is always clean, but with all these kids, it tends to get messy! My 18 year old daughter is graduating from high school in 3 weeks and my family and ex-husband's family will be flying out for it, so I have some spring cleaning to do (Uggh!).

It will be nice to have family around, though, as it is only me and the kids here in Arizona.

movinon05

I have been accepted into a forensic nurse program which is self paced.

Congratulations, WA!

• Author
Walking away

Thanks movinon!

I am a heart nurse now (isn't THAT ironic?) but my true love has always been forensics. I am quite excited as I will be able to incoporate my nursing experience with forensic science. Hopefully, I will be able to be part of a disaster team (as in the teams that went to New Orleans and NY on 9/11). THAT would be a dream come true for me!

movinon05
Thanks movinon!

I am a heart nurse now (isn't THAT ironic?) but my true love has always been forensics. I am quite excited as I will be able to incoporate my nursing experience with forensic science. Hopefully, I will be able to be part of a disaster team (as in the teams that went to New Orleans and NY on 9/11). THAT would be a dream come true for me!

forensics makes me think of morgues. like that guy on HBO. is that what you'd be doing?

• Author
Walking away

LOL!

Nope, I would be working at disaster scenes, determining causes of death, or using forensic science to identify bodies...

or I could be a rape nurse....

or I could work with the police department in gathering evidence at a crime scene....

Or, if I wanted, I could work with the medical examiner in assisting in autopsies....which, I guess, would involve the morgue!