What are you doing to go on?

• Author
Walking away
Hey -

I was born at St. Joseph's hospital in Phoenix. Lived there until I was ten years old.

I still have a lot of relatives that live there. I love to visit that area.

I live in Tucson!

Let me know when you visit!:bunny:

zarathustra
I just did a kilo->pound conversion for all you northern hemispherical imperial peeps, and I lost about 13 pounds in 2 wks when W found out. I think it was the alcohol I consquently started drowning my sorrows in that helped slap it back on my ass. I'm now about 2 pounds from that 13 pound loss - so am back down again, but that's through some level of effort to do so. I feel better though.

LOL! You crack me up. Yeah, I drank much more after xMM and I split. I don't think I had a lick of liquor when we were together and when we split, I was drinking almost daily and on weekends, I was piling it on. What we do to ourselves because of these situations is appalling.

When I was with MM, he PROMISED to move out by Xmas 2005, so by November, I knew it wasn't going to happen. Our plan was to move out and buy something together. So, I went looking for houses by myself, I think to prove I didn't "need" him to do what I wanted to do anyway.

The only difference is the size of the house I bought is smaller. But, I must admit, I saw where he lived, and I didn't like the decor. It was very old-fashioned and antiquated, which is fine, but I have, in my new place, painted it earthy colours, deep maroon feature walls, lots of hand-crafted mis-matched furniture, rustic bits and pieces, buddhas here and there, candles, and other indo-china thingies.

xMM's place's decore is definitely not my style. Also old fashioned. It looks like something people inherit except he told me that they bought the stuff. Personally, I wouldn't have that stuff in my house even if it were free. I like antiquing as much as other people, but I like TASTEFUL antiques, not cheap imitation.

Anyway, I've not done much else to my house since I've been back. I did too much before I left and my procrastinating other half is supposed to be doing the rest. I'll tell you guys when its done... likely in a few years.

Anyway, back at this ranch right now, I have cookbooks to read... am cooking my mother dinner tomorrow night, so will let her be the lab-rat to test something I've never cooked before. If there's one thing I'm good at, it's making a right royal mess in the kitchen!

Tonight, I have friends coming over for a BBQ. Its quite nice out today in Toronto. Making pork souvlaki (hubby and my friend's BF will have an all time first... being allowed to take over the grill while I'm at home - normally I let H start the coals and that it... no more touching after that) and greek village salad. My girlfriends want to use my kitchen to make key lime pie. Most importantly, prior to that, the bunch of us are going to a local market to get good cheese, good deli (proscuitto.... yum!), etc.

The weekend should be quite uneventful. Though I won't be home for dinner for the next two nights. Keeping busy is a good thing.

movinon05

Well being around people and socializing is something I envy and also makes the daily grind easier and help you enjoy life. Don't want to get down on this thread, but I have no friends that I can do that with. I work alone. I moved here away from family and friends and the few friends I've made are married and all. Ah well. Sorry for the post.

I'll be bunny hopping :bunny: soon enough! lol!

zarathustra
Well being around people and socializing is something I envy and also makes the daily grind easier and help you enjoy life. Don't want to get down on this thread, but I have no friends that I can do that with. I work alone. I moved here away from family and friends and the few friends I've made are married and all. Ah well. Sorry for the post.

I'll be bunny hopping :bunny: soon enough! lol!

My best friend just had a baby a few months ago. She's now very busy and I don't get to talk to her or see her much. So a lot of the people I hang out with are 'new' friends comprised of old work colleagues and their significant others. I found that I was able to meet new friends when I was taking baking classes at a college close by my house. Though I was a baker's apprentice and didn't really need the lessons, I took it so I could get out of the house and meet people who have the same interests as me. It was really fun.

Well, look at the positives, you have a fab BF who you see every so often, even though your friends are married, they are still friends - marital status isn't that important unless you are Bridget Jones. :laugh:

lovernotafighter

you know what Zara said pretty much happened to me to..everyone I know is having kids and having a blissful marriage.

one thing that got me out there and didn't cost me thing and it was one of the best things I ever did was I volunteered at the local animal protective league and got involved in their events and sales to help the shelter.

it was nice on so many levels,I can't wait to do it again but right now my dumb work doesn't allow me much time for others.

but volunteering is a great outlet..you meet people who care enough to do this stuff for nothing and your helping someone or something in need..it's win win

one thing that got me out there and didn't cost me thing and it was one of the best things I ever did was I volunteered at the local animal protective league and got involved in their events and sales to help the shelter.

it was nice on so many levels,I can't wait to do it again but right now my dumb work doesn't allow me much time for others.

but volunteering is a great outlet..you meet people who care enough to do this stuff for nothing and your helping someone or something in need..it's win win

LNF,

I have done exactly that! Volunteering for an animal welfare association! If there is a stray dog going, I'll take it in and mind it! Dogs are such wonderful creatures; they don't demand a lot and they are so grateful for what you do for them. The love that you get back from them is just overwhelming sometimes! It is just so rewarding and I would recommend it to anyone...

Well I was, for a while... was too late, however. I will leave you all to your s***-flinging.

I guess that would qualify as a new hobby...

Sounds like more fun than jogging!!!! :p

zarathustra

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

*SPLAT*

:lmao:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

sniff... I'm really startin' to tear up!

zarathustra

I also have taken up the habit of spilling tea all over my pants during work hours which makes me look like I pee my pants.

I also have taken up the habit of spilling tea all over my pants during work hours which makes me look like I pee my pants.

I have started to watch bad DVD's.... I mean REALLY bad films.... :o

RealityCheck

Just settling down thinking about putting on a convention.

You know, "The OW" Convention!

Now would that be one hell of a good time or what!!!

I have even picked out what I'm going to wear!!

"Depends" for sure! Cause I'll be peeing my pants with some of the humor!

*laughing*

zarathustra
Just settling down thinking about putting on a convention.

You know, "The OW" Convention!

Now would that be one hell of a good time or what!!!

I have even picked out what I'm going to wear!!

"Depends" for sure! Cause I'll be peeing my pants with some of the humor!

*laughing*

I know what I'm wearing too.

I know what I'm wearing too.

I am sure that I have some old rags from the 80's........ Last time I looked in my warderobe for something to wear, I found one of those penguin wings tops AND it was purple!!!! Holy macaroni!!!! :D

zarathustra
I am sure that I have some old rags from the 80's........ Last time I looked in my warderobe for something to wear, I found one of those penguin wings tops AND it was purple!!!! Holy macaroni!!!! :D

Costume party?

RealityCheck

Costume Party!!!

Hell Yeah!

Madonna, eat your heart out!!!!

"Like a Virgin" *laughing*

OMG FFS...

How much bad language can I use around here..?

HELOOOOOOOO I am here. Wine and all. Had a really s***e day and now I just want to snuggle... blehhhh.

zarathustra
OMG FFS...

How much bad language can I use around here..?

HELOOOOOOOO I am here. Wine and all. Had a really s***e day and now I just want to snuggle... blehhhh.

Get a furry, cuddly pet... it may help with the snuggling bit.

movinon05

Oh Girls,

I'm falling behind now from being a good girl at work and now I have to go down the shore to my mom in the hospital again. She was supposed to be out by now but more complications. I just want to check in and wish you all a good weekend if I don't get back. I'm here in spirit if nothing else. :)