Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

Because women are the ones that get approached. Tall women still get hit on. While short men don't know which women have issues with their height. I mean you know there's a problem when every single day there's a height thread. Also, another forum I go on that's not particularly about dating constantly has height threads. It's just a shame that women have the mindset of wanting a tall man. And they wonder why so many short men are insecure when they made the guys that way.

there is a thread every day, lol

but don't overestimate how often tall women are approached, it's not *that* often, and sometimes it's by men who have some fetish for tall women in heels, or legs, or whatever. it isn't that great up here :-)

and hotpotato is right, that the contrast is more important in many ways than the height. i am a very slight 5'10, so i can look ok with a muscular guy 5'7/5'8 and we can both feel masculine/feminine. but if a girl is both tall and hefty, or a guy both short and slight, that is where you start to encounter even more issues because you just don't have the sense of masculine/feminine that's ingrained in us.

• Like 1
there is a thread every day, lol

but don't overestimate how often tall women are approached, it's not *that* often, and sometimes it's by men who have some fetish for tall women in heels, or legs, or whatever. it isn't that great up here :-)

and hotpotato is right, that the contrast is more important in many ways than the height. i am a very slight 5'10, so i can look ok with a muscular guy 5'7/5'8 and we can both feel masculine/feminine. but if a girl is both tall and hefty, or a guy both short and slight, that is where you start to encounter even more issues because you just don't have the sense of masculine/feminine that's ingrained in us.

I personally wouldn't care about dating a taller woman. I'm 5'7" maybe 5'6" without shoes, but if for instance a 5'9" woman who I found to be really attractive approached me & seemed to be really nice had an interest in me, I'd easily go out with her with no issue at all.

• Like 1

OK, I'm just gonna say it.

I cannot tell you how I HATED being tall all through junior high and high school and part of college. I hated it. It WAS a reason that certain people did not approach me or ask me out.

Even now, it is very apparent that most men go for the pixies.

I have a couple of choices:

I can kick rocks like a spoiled toddler and blame all men and their "unreasonable expectations"

I can give up

I can be a grownup, play my assets to my advantage, and hold out for a man who will choose me as I am

I choose the latter. That means I'll be at home on Saturday nights some...or a lot. So what? It is not a man's responsibility to alter his preferences to make me feel better. No man owes me his interest.

And no woman owes a man her interest, no matter how totally awesome a victim he thinks he is.

• Like 6
What does that even mean? So I can't have a specific preference, yet it's okay for women on here to say they'd **** a guy that looks good for casual sex regardless of his character? That to me is a red flag of the type of woman she is if she admits to something like that. I just wouldn't want to be with the woman that goes around banging strangers for casual sex a lot. Not my type of woman.

Nice straw man but not even close. Either you really don't understand what you post, what it is really saying, or you are purposely missing my point.

I advice you to spend some time just reading your posts, all together, one right after another, in their entirety and see what you think afterwards. What I am saying has nothing to do with what a woman wants, says, preferences. What I am saying is about you and the perception you leave.

• Like 2
Nice straw man but not even close. Either you really don't understand what you post, what it is really saying, or you are purposely missing my point.

I advice you to spend some time just reading your posts, all together, one right after another, in their entirety and see what you think afterwards. What I am saying has nothing to do with what a woman wants, says, preferences. What I am saying is about you and the perception you leave.

Okay.... Like an internet forum is the end all be all of a person? There's people who post 10x worse stuff than I do through things they've actually done. Just go on the infedelity forums or cheating forums. Some feel they haven't even done anything wrong. So if you think I'm a piece of ****, what are they?

OK, I'm just gonna say it.

I cannot tell you how I HATED being tall all through junior high and high school and part of college. I hated it. It WAS a reason that certain people did not approach me or ask me out.

Even now, it is very apparent that most men go for the pixies.

I have a couple of choices:

I can kick rocks like a spoiled toddler and blame all men and their "unreasonable expectations"

I can give up

I can be a grownup, play my assets to my advantage, and hold out for a man who will choose me as I am

I choose the latter. That means I'll be at home on Saturday nights some...or a lot. So what? It is not a man's responsibility to alter his preferences to make me feel better. No man owes me his interest.

And no woman owes a man her interest, no matter how totally awesome a victim he thinks he is.

I have group pics with my friends of me trying to hunch or scrunch down so I don't stand out as much. :( Very tough being a 5'10 black chick in a group of 5'5 blondes and Latinas.

• Like 1
What does that even mean? So I can't have a specific preference, yet it's okay for women on here to say they'd **** a guy that looks good for casual sex regardless of his character? That to me is a red flag of the type of woman she is if she admits to something like that. I just wouldn't want to be with the woman that goes around banging strangers for casual sex a lot. Not my type of woman.

It's a moot point for you to claim moral superiority when no "hotbabe" is knocking on your door at night looking to give you a blowy.

It's a moot point for you to claim moral superiority when no "hotbabe" is knocking on your door at night looking to give you a blowy.

I don't feel superior to them. I just don't want to be with a woman for a relationship that has had a lot of casual sex. Many other men have claimed the same thing on here. I don't see what the big deal is.

I don't feel superior to them. I just don't want to be with a woman for a relationship that has had a lot of casual sex.

Who cares? Even if you didn't want to be with virgins, or older women, or anyone else - who cares, and what is the point in ranting when the women you are angry at will never read your comments.

They will never know or care if you are missing out on sex, or venting on an internet forum. :eek:

• Like 1
Who cares? Even if you didn't want to be with virgins, or older women, or anyone else - who cares, and what is the point in ranting when the women you are angry at will never read your comments.

They will never know or care if you are missing out on sex, or venting on an internet forum. :eek:

They just seem to be offended by what I'm saying. But oh well. It's LS so what do you expect to happen? Every thread someone seems to want to start arguments & insults.

Edited by NJ123
  • Like 1
thefooloftheyear
Because women are the ones that get approached. Tall women still get hit on. While short men don't know which women have issues with their height. I mean you know there's a problem when every single day there's a height thread. Also, another forum I go on that's not particularly about dating constantly has height threads. It's just a shame that women have the mindset of wanting a tall man. And they wonder why so many short men are insecure when they made the guys that way.

But dont you get it. man?? Its all bullshyt....Dont believe me? Go somewhere where there are couples and see how many short guys are there with attractive women in loving and normal relationships.....You seem like a decent guy, but too much whining over something you cant control...Just imagine if you were in a wheelchair or had some other real life tragic situation...

Trust me, there is an ass for every seat...And just because you cant be "universally" attractive to all women, who cares? Most guys are thrilled to find just one good woman....and with billions on the planet, you have good odds...The way some of you guys talk, its like you are on a deserted island with a thousand Tom Brady's, yourself and 4 women...:laugh:

And let me say this...

Just because women "get approached" what the hell does that mean? There are guys out there that would fck the most hideous, fat, ugly, hillbilly's wet dream and will lie to that woman to get it...So, the point is, would you rather just be politely rejected for some appearance issue, or like some poor women have to endure, to get lied to, used up for sex, and tossed to the curb?

Just stop and think for a moment, thats all...

TFY

• Like 3
But dont you get it. man?? Its all bullshyt....Dont believe me? Go somewhere where there are couples and see how many short guys are there with attractive women in loving and normal relationships.....You seem like a decent guy, but too much whining over something you cant control...Just imagine if you were in a wheelchair or had some other real life tragic situation...

Trust me, there is an ass for every seat...And just because you cant be "universally" attractive to all women, who cares? Most guys are thrilled to find just one good woman....and with billions on the planet, you have good odds...The way some of you guys talk, its like you are on a deserted island with a thousand Tom Brady's, yourself and 4 women...:laugh:

And let me say this...

Just because women "get approached" what the hell does that mean? There are guys out there that would fck the most hideous, fat, ugly, hillbilly's wet dream and will lie to that woman to get it...So, the point is, would you rather just be politely rejected for some appearance issue, or like some poor women have to endure, to get lied to, used up for sex, and tossed to the curb?

Just stop and think for a moment, thats all...

TFY

Fair enough. But whenever I forget about the height issue, someone always needs to bring it up somewhere. This site has a height thread every single day literally. And than most of the women constantly keep saying they prefer a tall guy. How are short men not supposed to feel at least a little upset about it when so many women keep beating it over everyone's head that they prefer tall men. That one comment someone made how everyone at work was extremely attracted to the guy by pictures, but than when they found out he was only 5'3" they all got instantly turned off. lol it's just insane.

Fair enough. But whenever I forget about the height issue, someone always needs to bring it up somewhere. This site has a height thread every single day literally. And than most of the women constantly keep saying they prefer a tall guy. How are short men not supposed to feel at least a little upset about it when so many women keep beating it over everyone's head that they prefer tall men. That one comment someone made how everyone at work was extremely attracted to the guy by pictures, but than when they found out he was only 5'3" they all got instantly turned off. lol it's just insane.

Pictures and shallow interactions, studies and statistics. None of these capture relationship and caring. One level is hypothetical and the other involved. People love through bonding and sharing not casual intermittent exchanges.

I can love anyone who I am able to bond with.

External qualities will only take a person a short distance. The most attractive, ideal man or woman may have a foot in the door but what comes out of their mouths when they speak? What is their character, what do they believe in?

"Flaws" are an illusion, that's the trick. The outside never mattered, it never matters. At the end of the day someone will not love you, respect you, cherish you, be loyal to you for anything on the outside of you. A person is truly loved when they are truly seen. TFY is right. You only need one woman and that woman I pray for you, sees you.

Do you understand this? Stop seeing yourself as only a shell. Stop seeing other people that way. It's fantastic and there is nowhere you won't see love.

• Like 1
It might be one of the primal factors affecting attraction. Similarly, why do some men like women with large breasts if baby formula is available?

Nonsense.

Men don't care nearly as much about breast size as women do about height.

OP, it's due to media and culture. Bigger is better. This is especially true from the point of view of women.

I know a 5'5" guy who's a Crossfit beast and I at 5'11" wouldn't mess with him. And he has no problems getting women either.

One of my friends is 5'3" I think, never asked. Skinny, not really that facially attractive (in my opinion). He looks like a slim guy, not stocky at all.

His ex-wife had 2 kids with him and is good looking and his new girlfriend is good looking as well.

I never heard him complain about his height. He's also very outgoing and fun to be around.

Yes, but you have to realize that these men are not the norm. They have to compensate for their height in extreme ways (one likely looks like the Hulk and the other likely has almost other-worldly charisma).

Tall men, on the other hand, simply need to exist and do nothing else.

Just looking at the numbers here.

In the U.S. population, only about 14.5 percent of all men are six feet or over

Now factor in face, how many of that 14.5 have nice or decent faces?

Now factor in the amount of short women snatching up these tall guys leaving tall women with less options.

There are going to be a lot of unhappy women.

No wonder so many women have relationships with married men.

I also suspect that this is one of the reasons marriage in on the decline and why many women remain single.

I'm just looking at this from a purely statistically standpoint. I honestly had no idea how much women liked tall men until I started seeing it on their dating profiles, the studies written and all the guys on the internet complaining. When we are rejected, we don't know why, they usually don't tell us. So now I'm wondering what all is on these women's minds. lol

I'm pretty sure that every time I've been rejected, it's been because of my height.

Women all want tall men. If they can't have one, they will settle (and maybe cheat).

Women say otherwise to be politically correct, but this is the truth.

Yes, but you have to realize that these men are not the norm. They have to compensate for their height in extreme ways (one likely looks like the Hulk and the other likely has almost other-worldly charisma).

Tall men, on the other hand, simply need to exist and do nothing else.

I don't know. I think when they say they want a tall guy I think they mean a tall handsome guy who is confident. I don't think they want a tall ugly guy who stutters.

• Like 1
I also suspect that this is one of the reasons marriage in on the decline and why many women remain single.

The thing though is that so many women have boyfriends/husbands. So there's obviously some women that don't care about height at all. Since there's not enough tall men to go around for all the women. Either their settling for someone or don't care enough about it. I know OLD is the complete opposite though.

I don't know. I think when they say they want a tall guy I think they mean a tall handsome guy who is confident. I don't think they want a tall ugly guy who stutters.

lol of course. And how many of that 14% are tall, handsome & confident? So I'm just confused by it when women say they want a tall guy.

The thing though is that so many women have boyfriends/husbands. So there's obviously some women that don't care about height at all. Since there's not enough tall men to go around for all the women. Either their settling for someone or don't care enough about it. I know OLD is the complete opposite though.

Like I told you, face, personality, money usually before height

I believe that OLD reflects the unspoken real world views of women. It is representative of all women.

Again, as I stated, I believe that women SETTLE for shorter men when they realize (consciously or not) that tall men are out of their league or if they simply don't meet any of them.

I think as OLD becomes the norm for dating, you will see less and less people getting married, simply because women will have more increasing access to sleep with tall men that may or may not be already married.

Yes, but than why don't women just stop saying they want a tall guy than if it's not anywhere near the most important thing? Why can't they say they want a handsome guy with a good personality? It's always "tall, dark & handsome". And than of course a good job is a big plus to a lot of women since they don't want a bum or a guy that makes 20 grand a year.

I wholeheartedly disagree with this.

Height matters more than all of these, by far. If it didn't, you would see more mismatched couples height-wise, yet just about every couple features a man that taller than the woman. There's a reason for this. It's the #1 preference from women, without question.

lol of course. And how many of that 14% are tall, handsome & confident? So I'm just confused by it when women say they want a tall guy.

Well that is why they are on a dating site because they can not find prince charming in person. I'm excluding tall girls they have it a little bit tough due to biological attraction, girls want taller guy, guys want shorter girls even if it's just a couple of inches which is not asking too much