Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

I remember being crushed in high school when I found out how tall Michael J Fox was....sigh.....
This reminds me of one our remote sales guys at work. He hadn't travelled to our office yet and many of the women were gushing over him. We have pictures in our global address list on Exchange and frequently have Lync video meetings, so everyone knows what everyone else looks like. After he came to the office for the first time and all of the ladies found out he was 5'3", they all lost interest (at least the vocal ones did).
This reminds me of one our remote sales guys at work. He hadn't travelled to our office yet and many of the women were gushing over him. We have pictures in our global address list on Exchange and frequently have Lync video meetings, so everyone knows what everyone else looks like. After he came to the office for the first time and all of the ladies found out he was 5'3", they all lost interest (at least the vocal ones did).

lol that is so ridiculous & sad.

Sometimes it does help! I casually dated a man who was a 6'5 and a former semipro football player. Sometimes hed give other men a look and theyd run. Sometimes it can attract drama though. I knew another guy whod get jumped bc he was so big. He was 6'6 280 lbs. He jyst beat them all up. He didnt leave in the best part of town.

Some bigger guys are gentle giants, but others really are intimidating.

Honestly, ive had less dating problems when im dating bigger men. I can hit 165 lbs ( softer look but far from fat) which is the same as many men. Im small to a man who is 6'5 and athletic.

Yeah, that's why Hollywood leading men and action stars use fake heels and camera trickery...

toolforgrowth
They probably just think dating a short guy means they have to deal with him being all insecure about being short and talking about how unfair it is (ALL THE TIME!!) and how he can kick taller guys ass easily anyway. Or how he always packs a gun, so it doesn't matter how much stronger any guy is.

For me, it's never been an issue. I am what I am...take it or leave it.

I personally think it's a waste of time to lament about something one has no control over. My height is controlled by my DNA...not much I can do about that.

Being short and being tall both have tactical advantages. They key is to know what advantages come with either one in order to ably defend yourself against them, and to know what disadvantages come with either one in order to exploit them.

If I was going against a tall 300 lb guy, I'd dance around him and wear him out. It takes a LOT of energy to move that much mass around and they tire quickly, in addition to being naturally slower.

If I was going against a person shorter than me, I'd use my legs to my advantage and keep myself out of their striking distance, but still within my own.

If I was going against a tall and gangly person, I'd go for their knees and drop them as quickly as possible. You can't fight if you can't stand, and nobody (except other people trained in combat) would ever expect you to go for a target that didn't include their face or stomach.

• Like 1
For me, it's never been an issue. I am what I am...take it or leave it.

I personally think it's a waste of time to lament about something one has no control over. My height is controlled by my DNA...not much I can do about that.

Being short and being tall both have tactical advantages. They key is to know what advantages come with either one in order to ably defend yourself against them, and to know what disadvantages come with either one in order to exploit them.

If I was going against a tall 300 lb guy, I'd dance around him and wear him out. It takes a LOT of energy to move that much mass around and they tire quickly, in addition to being naturally slower.

If I was going against a person shorter than me, I'd use my legs to my advantage and keep myself out of their striking distance, but still within my own.

If I was going against a tall and gangly person, I'd go for their knees and drop them as quickly as possible. You can't fight if you can't stand, and nobody (except other people trained in combat) would ever expect you to go for a target that didn't include their face or stomach.

Spend 14, 15 hours on a plane to BFE and see who's complaining.

• Like 1
Yeah, that's why Hollywood leading men and action stars use fake heels and camera trickery...

Yep. Tom Cruise is only 5'7" but they always make sure to make him look bigger than the women he's on screen with. And Stallone wears shoe lifts. Also, Mark Wahlberg is only 5'8".

p.s. I'm small breasted. You won't find me whining about it to any guy... In fact, on my Match profile, I tell them if they are a boob man, they are out of luck, haha Sheesh people, if you want to be insecure about something, there is always something to gripe about if you want to...

um do you mind if I ask your measurements including cup size? this is just for research purposes :)

toolforgrowth
^That depends. The big guy I knew would beat up several people at one time. Being big doesnt always mean someone is slow.

This is very true. All I can do is say "Based on this person's body type, they are most likely to be X".

One of my friends is about 6'6" and over 300 lbs. He's beaten up more people than I can count. On the flip side, he's panting while simply standing in my kitchen. That tells me his endurance is slim to none.

All I can do is observe and react. Everything else is up in the air.

Yep. Tom Cruise is only 5'7" but they always make sure to make him look bigger than the women he's on screen with. And Stallone wears shoe lifts. Also, Mark Wahlberg is only 5'8".

I met Arnold Schwarzenegger once and he definitely didn't seem as big in person. Coincidentally I ran into Billy Corgan not too long afterwards and I remember thinking he looked big. Also stoned out of his gourd.

When growing up all the adult males in my family were 5'10 to 6', is it any wonder I am attracted to that size of man?

Any smaller than 5'10 - no

Any taller than 6' - no

As an addenda none were bald/balding either, both my grandfathers had a full set of hair into their old age.

Is it any wonder then I am not really attracted to bald men either.

I guess my preferences were set very early on in my life, the norm for me as regards men and perhaps "safe" men and men I could trust to protect me too, were maybe influenced by the family men of my childhood.

Edited by elaine567
When growing up all the adult males in my family were 5'10 to 6', is it any wonder I am attracted to that size of man?

Any smaller than 5'10 - no

Any taller than 6' - no

As an addenda none were bald/balding either, both my grandfathers had a full set of hair into their old age.

Is it any wonder then I am not really attracted to bald men either.

I guess my preferences were set very early on in my life, the norm for me as regards men were influenced by the men in my childhood perhaps.

So you only date guys that are 3 specific inches. Great, I've heard it all now.

And apparently they have to resemble a relative? Lady are you from WV by any chance?

• Like 2
toolforgrowth

Ease up there, my friend. She's entitled to her preferences. She's not saying short men are weak, she's just saying what she's sexually attracted to. If you take that as a personal insult, then that's on you.

Ease up there, my friend. She's entitled to her preferences. She's not saying short men are weak, she's just saying what she's sexually attracted to. If you take that as a personal insult, then that's on you.

I don't. But I've never heard that one before. Just a specific 3 inches or else it's a no go?

That is my preference, I have dated guys shorter and taller, but those 3 inches are perfect in my eyes.

And why not?

Some guys like petite women and will discount anyone over 5'6", some guys like tall women and are not looking at anyone less then 5'8.

We are sexually attracted to who we are sexually attracted to, you cannot change your core preferences any more than I can.

toolforgrowth
I don't. But I've never heard that one before. Just a specific 3 inches or else it's a no go?

I've heard men say they won't date a woman with A cup breasts. I personally won't date a woman who's decked out in muscle, be it lean or big. I just don't find it attractive, it's too "manly" for my taste. I also won't date a woman who weighs more than me, which actually cuts the amount of eligible women down by a LOT because I'm pretty darned skinny. But there it is.

• Like 1
That is my preference, I have dated guys shorter and taller, but those 3 inches are perfect in my eyes.

And why not?

Some guys like petite women and will discount anyone over 5'6", some guys like tall women and are not looking at anyone less then 5'8.

We are sexually attracted to who we are sexually attracted to, you cannot change your core preferences any more than I can.

I honestly don't even have specific preferences. I mean there's some things like I wouldn't want to be with a woman that's completely out of shape, but I don't really care about a woman's height or hair color or eye color. Just as long as I personally find her attractive.

My point being is that I am guessing many basic preferences as regards body type are influenced by the people a person grows up with, and the people they admire and respect.

I honestly don't even have specific preferences. I mean there's some things like I wouldn't want to be with a woman that's completely out of shape, but I don't really care about a woman's height or hair color or eye color. Just as long as I personally find her attractive.

You probably have features that you find more attractive than others!

You probably have features that you find more attractive than others!

Well true. I like a woman with nice legs for instance. And certain hairstyles I find more attractive than others but don't care about hair color.