Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

Don't even worry about it, just let them screw themselves while you find a real girl who does not use a dating sites or loveshack lol

LOL. That actually made me laugh when you mentioned this site. If I ever seen the girl I'm with posting on loveshack, I'd probably dump her instantly lol.

• Like 1
LOL. That actually made me laugh when you mentioned this site. If I ever seen the girl I'm with posting on loveshack, I'd probably dump her instantly lol.

Red flag!!!!!! Lol

• Like 1
I've been looking at this forum for a couple of years now. Much of what I have read is based around online dating. Which makes sense, given that it's an online forum about "relationships". But this is where you have to be careful about the ideas and advice you read on here. I mean, I've seen women post on here about how they have had over 100 dates in a year with different suitors. That's just one example of the disconnect with reality. I mean, how many women are walking around with a yardstick? Unless a guy is obviously outside the norm in some way I don't see this as an issue. If he chooses the OLD route, well expect to see any number of fickle requirements.

My friend only used/uses OLD for hookups pretty much. I remember he did date one girl off there that he told me about. He said that she complained about her ex & that he was abusive. And that turned him off completely & never went on another date with her again after she supposedly wanted to see him again. OLD just doesn't seem like a good place in general to meet someone. There's some who get lucky & are on there at the right time where everything just connects perfectly. But it seems rare to have anything long lasting from there.

Red flag!!!!!! Lol

I'd be really curious what her screen name is & what she'd be posting about. Probably in my luck she'd be saying she's having an affair with some guy at work & wants to still stay with me because she loves me lol. I've heard something similar to that so many times since being on here.

• Like 1
I'd be really curious what her screen name is & what she'd be posting about. Probably in my luck she'd be saying she's having an affair with some guy at work & wants to still stay with me because she loves me lol. I've heard something similar to that so many times since being on here.

With 20,000 posts and 5 years lmao

thefooloftheyear

Even though I am short, I cant say Ive ever experienced any bias...If I did, Id be completely fine with it....I have my own standards that would rule out a large percentage of women on appearance alone....So who am I to say?

Guys need to remember this...Its been my experience that women are inherently "idealistic"...And while I have no experience with OLD, the guys I know who have and have reported what they found, its almost laughable...You have saggy size 18+, middle aged women with lives in the toilet, looking for 6'3" Adonis types with 150K+ W2's, Jaguars and vacation homes.....yeah...good luck with that...:laugh:

But the theory that they feel more "protected" is kinda lame..and you hear it often...Just say you like taller guys because they are more physically appealing and leave it at that. As someone who has witnessed a lot of street fights, I can tell you that its not the size of the dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog that wins every time....and not all taller guys have "size of the fight" in them..

Anyway, id think a guy that can fix your car when it craps out on the highway in the middle of the night with nothing but a screwdriver and a pair of pliers, or a guy that can put a roof on your house without needing to call a roofer....or just a guy thats successful in what he does($$) is more about what being a "protector" is....not the guy that just doesnt need a step stool to get something off a high shelf....

TFY

• Like 4

I'm not sure how good of a primal instinct that is!

In a fight/life or death situation I'd rather have say Jamie McDonnell at my back than Peter Crouch!

Too tall and your sense of gravity/balence/and speed can take a hit!

• Like 1

Unless the tall guy was always running around with a shield and bulletproof jacket or something I wouldn't feel safer with him than with a small guy.

Under The Radar
Also if I get a concealed carry permit and make sure women know I have it, will this be like adding 6" to my height?

If it's a 22 caliber it will only add 1 inch to your height.

On the other hand, if you carry a rocket launcher ...... well ...... feel free to tell the ladies you are 7 feet tall.

I'm still working on the formula and numerical analysis relating to increased penis size.

Rest assured, I'll give periodic updates :laugh:

My sister is 5'4" and a size 12, so she's not skinny. She likes bigger guys because they make her feel petite, dainty even. A skinny guy makes her feel like she'd break him. And I can totally understand the feeling. I'm 5'8" and never been skinny. I don't want to feel like I could break the guy. I want somebody solid. Feeling the strength in their arms.. Safe in that way. Just being held.

The being able to take somebody out comments actually make me feel uneasy. So I don't think that kind of feeling safe does it for me.

• Like 1

Height or no height... What's funny is that I've never looked to a man to protect me. Maybe that's why height has never been an issue for me.

It's hard enough finding a guy these days who has his own shyte together and doesn't do stupid things that cause problems for both of us.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear
My sister is 5'4" and a size 12, so she's not skinny. She likes bigger guys because they make her feel petite, dainty even. A skinny guy makes her feel like she'd break him. And I can totally understand the feeling. I'm 5'8" and never been skinny. I don't want to feel like I could break the guy. I want somebody solid. Feeling the strength in their arms.. Safe in that way. Just being held.

The being able to take somebody out comments actually make me feel uneasy. So I don't think that kind of feeling safe does it for me.

Even though yuou are certainly entitled to like what you like, this is kind of silly....sorry...

There is a guy that works for me that is like 5'8" and maybe 135 lb...Beanpole thin...But this guy is very strong...I doubt highly that any woman, regardless of size, would be able to "break" him...:laugh:

Conversely, I weigh almost 230 solid...Do you think I would "break" a 115 lb woman??

TFY

It's not about feeling "safer" despite what many will say. It's just not. How many of us live in constant fear of being mugged or held up or whatever? We don't. We all go about our lives walking with whoever we are with, shorter or taller. It's about feeling SMALL and FEMININE. A tall guy makes a lot of women feel dainty and given the obsession w/ womens weight I can kinda understand it.

Personally I don't want to feel overpowered, at all. I prefer guys right around my own size. I'm 5'8, have dated my height and up...my bf is 5'10 and it's perfect. I'm taller in heels but I don't feel "big" because of that...because I'm not. I'm slim and tall, it is what it is. I have NO attraction to super tall guys or built guys. If I was a big girl who weighed a lot, I would want someone proportionate to that, I think...I think I'd want a big guy.

• Author
It's about feeling SMALL and FEMININE. A tall guy makes a lot of women feel dainty and given the obsession w/ womens weight I can kinda understand it.

Why is it ok for women to be insecure like that, when insecure males are so repulsive to them?

Why is it ok for women to be insecure like that, when insecure males are so repulsive to them?

Because it has to do with "biological attraction". So they feel they get a pass. But a lot of women make a lot of guys feel really insecure & that's exactly what women hate in a guy. Basically you just have to find a woman that's completely neutral.

Height or no height... What's funny is that I've never looked to a man to protect me. Maybe that's why height has never been an issue for me.

so basically as long as you have a can of mace you can date a guy who is 18 inches tall??

I don't know, imo it's pretty lame to require a guy be above 6 ft or whatever (esp when the woman in question is like 5'5 lol). I personally don't need a guy to be 6 ft to feel feminine. I *am* feminine so it doesn't matter what the guy is or isn't...I am and feel feminine regardless.

Do you get this angry with men who like small women? Men who like "spinners"? I'm 5'8 and will never be that, and it doesn't bother me, so why does this bother you?

• Like 3
I don't know, imo it's pretty lame to require a guy be above 6 ft or whatever (esp when the woman in question is like 5'5 lol). I personally don't need a guy to be 6 ft to feel feminine. I *am* feminine so it doesn't matter what the guy is or isn't...I am and feel feminine regardless.

Do you get this angry with men who like small women? Men who like "spinners"? I'm 5'8 and will never be that, and it doesn't bother me, so why does this bother you?

Because you're not a guy & men don't look at height anywhere as much as women do, not even close.

Rejected Rosebud
To me, I have no problems with a woman wanting a man that's taller than her within reason. If a woman is 5'9" than I don't see a problem with her only wanting guys close to 6 feet tall. When it gets ridiculous & really shallow in my opinion is when there's a 5'1" woman that would only exclusively date guys that are 5'10" or taller. Those women I think are the ones guys have a problem with.
I happen to think it's ridiculous and shallow for anybody to "have a problem" with the preferences of people they don't even know!! Probably all those women who like tall guys don't care a bit that you have a problem with them and think they are shallow though so aren't you kind of wasting your time and emotional energy worrying about what they like???:confused::confused:
Rejected Rosebud
Yeah, that's why women always go for the most attractive guys for casual sex. .
If you were planning to have casual sex and you had a lineup of women in front of you of all shapes and sizes from ugly to beautiful and you could just pick any one, wouldn't you pick the most attractive one?? And why would that be a bad thing anyway??:confused:
Rejected Rosebud
It's up to the individual, I don't think all guys like insecure women. I don't understand what you are getting at with all this, it seems like you feel you are entitled to have women like you and somehow it's a travesty of some kind that many women have preferences that are not you, I get that it can be hurtful but it's not "wrong" everybody has their preferences and some men and women are so attractive that they are just about everybody's preference! and then there are the regular people like us!! :)
Also if I get a concealed carry permit and make sure women know I have it, will this be like adding 6" to my height?

Get a Browning M2. 600 shots per minute, hell yeah! :D

Really, is that a thing? I wouldnt mind dating a tall woman or a larger one (as long as she is in proportion), makes no difference to me.

As always it comes down to options, guys might like big breasts but natural DDs are as rare as rocking horse crap so its a 'nice to have' as are body proportions in general (drawing the line at obesity). Tall well built guys are far more prevalent than girls with natural big boobs so women can demand it as a requirement and usually get it

For most men the reality is they arent in a position to have hard and fast deal breakers- women are.

Oh, I didn't mean to infer that ALL men felt the need to date a petite woman. I'm just saying there are lots who do for insecurity reasons. I've dated a few shorter guys who were very confident and it was just not an issue.