Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

yeah, i don't see tall women moaning and complaining as much as the short guys, or feeling sorry for themselves or having inferiority complexes to the extent men seem to. and tall women have just as many struggles as short men. just as (most) women want a taller guy, most guys want a shorter woman.

I actually think tall women complain less because they don't have it especially hard. They have less options (assuming they don't want to date someone shorter) but the ones I've known weren't floating around single for many mths/yrs. Models who are on the tall side tend to not struggle for male suitors (many are not hot either). Some may date down in quality, but I don't think its that bad were there is a rep for them having to drop their standards. Majority end up with guys there own height or a bit taller. There are no tall women hate FB pages or sites, or subtle, snide or outright nasty cliche putdowns for them. Not do they have to earn more or do body building to make up for it (well Ive never heard of it) Tallness is not seen as a genetic negative the same way shortness is, and guys in general don't have the same hang-up over height as women let alone guys at there end of the gene pool. There are a fraction of height disqualifies/preferences in men's OLD profiles.

Tallness (not talking extreme either) does not make a girl less physically desirable to the same degree as the short guy for women. Tall models are not a turn off for men. The down side is that there are not enough taller guys to go around for the tall women and all the other women that want them, and just like women here saying they love their guy being a lot bigger for security & to make them feel feminine, there are tall guys out there who what the same from the opposite perspective. At the same time I've heard tall guys liking tall women coz = tall kids. When such women say shorter guys wont date them, you really wont know how much is truth and how much is cover up for them not wanting to date such guys. Its likely 50:50

No one can really complain at the individual level to a specific person about the superficiality in their wants as it can legitimately be explained as their preference. At the individual level people are entitled to do what they please. If they don't bring the similar attributes to the table, they can simply say 'that's by problem/business'. At a collective level it can become a bigger issue though for those that are marginalized by whats popular.

Bring together 4 middle age women and 4 of their single middle age male friends. Now if one guy said he loves small breast women, the next said he loves average size, the next two said the love big size women, I'm sure the women wouldn't give a toss, even if the guys said breast size is a 'must have'. Now if one guy said he was looking for a gf that was no older than mid 30s, then the next guy said similar, then the next guy and then the last guy, then you can bet the women would care more about preferences then. The guys could say 'hey that's just us, don't get angry there are 100s millions of guys out there, and they see lots of older couples out there', which is true, but I bet those women wont suddenly see it a new light.

I actually think tall women complain less because they don't have it especially hard. They have less options (assuming they don't want to date someone shorter) but the ones I've known weren't floating around single for many mths/yrs. Models who are on the tall side tend to not struggle for male suitors (many are not hot either). Some may date down in quality, but I don't think its that bad were there is a rep for them having to drop their standards. Majority end up with guys there own height or a bit taller. There are no tall women hate FB pages or sites, or subtle, snide or outright nasty cliche putdowns for them. Not do they have to earn more or do body building to make up for it (well Ive never heard of it) Tallness is not seen as a genetic negative the same way shortness is, and guys in general don't have the same hang-up over height as women let alone guys at there end of the gene pool. There are a fraction of height disqualifies/preferences in men's OLD profiles.

Tallness (not talking extreme either) does not make a girl less physically desirable to the same degree as the short guy for women. Tall models are not a turn off for men. The down side is that there are not enough taller guys to go around for the tall women and all the other women that want them, and just like women here saying they love their guy being a lot bigger for security & to make them feel feminine, there are tall guys out there who what the same from the opposite perspective. At the same time I've heard tall guys liking tall women coz = tall kids. When such women say shorter guys wont date them, you really wont know how much is truth and how much is cover up for them not wanting to date such guys. Its likely 50:50

No one can really complain at the individual level to a specific person about the superficiality in their wants as it can legitimately be explained as their preference. At the individual level people are entitled to do what they please. If they don't bring the similar attributes to the table, they can simply say 'that's by problem/business'. At a collective level it can become a bigger issue though for those that are marginalized by whats popular.

Bring together 4 middle age women and 4 of their single middle age male friends. Now if one guy said he loves small breast women, the next said he loves average size, the next two said the love big size women, I'm sure the women wouldn't give a toss, even if the guys said breast size is a 'must have'. Now if one guy said he was looking for a gf that was no older than mid 30s, then the next guy said similar, then the next guy and then the last guy, then you can bet the women would care more about preferences then. The guys could say 'hey that's just us, don't get angry there are 100s millions of guys out there, and they see lots of older couples out there', which is true, but I bet those women wont suddenly see it a new light.

Basically what it comes down to is whether it affects the individual person. An attractive woman that can have almost any guy she wants doesn't give a **** about the women with not many options because it doesn't concern her. Or just like tall men don't care that shorter guys have it harder in dating. It's better for them since they have more options that way so why would they care about something that favors them?

Okay.... Like an internet forum is the end all be all of a person? There's people who post 10x worse stuff than I do through things they've actually done. Just go on the infedelity forums or cheating forums. Some feel they haven't even done anything wrong. So if you think I'm a piece of ****, what are they?

I didn't say it is the be all and end all. I did say it is good insight. And again, why are focused on other people? You constantly bring in others as your comparison so as long as you aren't the worst possible person it negates the whole comment. That is a strawman, and an avoidance tactic.

So, again, like the woman you mentioned before and the people are mentioning now, we aren't talking about them. I am talking about you. If you would stop looking outward and start looking inward you will get the answers to your questions and solve this sex/companionship issue that seems to permeate your life.

And in case you haven't learned this lesson yet, in life there will always be people worse than you and there will always be people who are better. That isn't the focus. Focus on you.

• Like 1

The thing is, in addition to men not caring about height, women also have EXTREME privilege in dating. What's worse is that most don't even understand their privilege. They seem to think that easily getting dates and being able to choose the best of the best is something that both men and women are able to do, when, in reality, men don't have these kinds of options.

Basically what it comes down to is whether it affects the individual person. An attractive woman that can have almost any guy she wants doesn't give a **** about the women with not many options because it doesn't concern her. Or just like tall men don't care that shorter guys have it harder in dating. It's better for them since they have more options that way so why would they care about something that favors them?

I think taller men realize how much it sucks for short men. They don't really care though. Why would they? They have the advantage and they know it.

Everyday I see a new height thread on here.

I ant to see stats to back this up. You only have to go back 30 days. Please list all 30 threads here.

To Mr. Duke

I don't do the "let's see how fast I can find an anonymous penis" game. I want an actual relationship. So save the stuff about ho easy I have it because I am a woman.

Do women like tall guys? Maybe. Are you going to magically grow more? Probably not.

Y'all can be baby boys and whine about how unfair life is, or you can be men, deal with reality AS IT IS, and get out there.

I have zero sympathy, and no woman worth having is going to want an entitled whiner who blames women for his ineptitude.

THOSE are the fact about real life.

Grow up.

• Like 3
To Mr. Duke

I don't do the "let's see how fast I can find an anonymous penis" game. I want an actual relationship. So save the stuff about ho easy I have it because I am a woman.

Do women like tall guys? Maybe. Are you going to magically grow more? Probably not.

Y'all can be baby boys and whine about how unfair life is, or you can be men, deal with reality AS IT IS, and get out there.

I have zero sympathy, and no woman worth having is going to want an entitled whiner who blames women for his ineptitude.

Grow up.

*mike drop* :laugh::laugh::laugh:

To Mr. Duke

Grow up.

Take a look at my post from the previous page. I AM out there and I do okay with women. In fact, I believe that I maxed out, as far as the quality of women that I can get, due to limitations from my height.

Just because I am stating facts does mean that I am whining. I am stating how it is.

In fact, one could argue that women here whine far more than the men in proportion to their real world dating problems (of which women don't really have any).

As I said, I'm a short guy and I've done as well with women as any short guy can. However, there's a real and systemic bias against short men that I do not believe is evolutionary, but culturally based. Being that I am in a class that is discriminated against (especially due to the fact that no one will acknowledge such discrimination), it is my obligation to speak out against this discrimination.

If that bothers you, then so be it.

To Mr. Duke

Grow up.

#

The men on here probably are whining although they might have reason to. Women who do not like short men will probably let them know abruptly and reject them in a harsh way even if they do "get out there".

For what it's worth I am very tall and on the slim / athletic side and it has not made a massive difference to me. Height alone is only one part of the equation and unless a guy is tall and wide shouldered height alone doesn't mean that much.

However, one woman I approached in the street and later went on a date with told me that if I had been short and come up and talked to her she would have slapped me, but she said it in a joking way.

It's tough on less attractive women that guys like some of those in this thread will not even consider them based on looks, and it is tough on those short guys that women will do the same based on height.

The world is a tough place. Everyone needs to man up.

To be fair, if an obese woman came to LS and started a dozen threads about how awful men are for wanting fit women, I would tell her "That is how it is. Either look for someone who wants an obese woman or lose weight."

I am not a hot babe who gets any man she wants. I practically memorized every episode of The Love Boat on Saturday nights in my younger days lol. I am typically the woman WITH the woman all the guys cross the room to meet. :)

I'm okay with that. I know my strengths. And there's no sense lamenting the other stuff.

• Like 2
I practically memorized every episode of The Love Boat on Saturday nights in my younger days lol.

yea i watched that too, lots of good looking chicks

To be fair, if an obese woman came to LS and started a dozen threads about how awful men are for wanting fit women, I would tell her "That is how it is. Either look for someone who wants an obese woman or lose weight."

I am not a hot babe who gets any man she wants. I practically memorized every episode of The Love Boat on Saturday nights in my younger days lol. I am typically the woman WITH the woman all the guys cross the room to meet. :)

I'm okay with that. I know my strengths. And there's no sense lamenting the other stuff.

Loveshack is my new show, it is crazier than anything on TV. Lol

• Like 2
Take a look at my post from the previous page. I AM out there and I do okay with women. In fact, I believe that I maxed out, as far as the quality of women that I can get, due to limitations from my height.

Just because I am stating facts does mean that I am whining. I am stating how it is.

In fact, one could argue that women here whine far more than the men in proportion to their real world dating problems (of which women don't really have any).

As I said, I'm a short guy and I've done as well with women as any short guy can. However, there's a real and systemic bias against short men that I do not believe is evolutionary, but culturally based. Being that I am in a class that is discriminated against (especially due to the fact that no one will acknowledge such discrimination), it is my obligation to speak out against this discrimination.

If that bothers you, then so be it.

So how many women are you wanting to "get"? What is your end goal here? Is it a relationship or just a notch on the old bed post?

Can you cite your evidence and research on the assumption that "women whine more than men" on LS? I would love to see your data.

We all have traits that are "discriminated against" in different areas. Few of us possess the lucky combination of traits where they are in the "winning category" in all areas. This is life. You learn how to make what you have stand out.

But if you want to be an Adonis it may not happen and that is just the reality. Just like I am never going to have the facial and structure of Cindy Crawford. That is my lot in life. So I make due with what I have and I "sell" it. It won't work for everyone but I am not trying to work with everyone. I am looking for the quality not quantity. Dating is a niche market. So being upset that one's niche market is small is a pointless endeavor. What you can do is figure out how to sell you more.

You are right, the preference tends to be average to tall men. I am not sure what you all are constituting as small but anything under 5'5 is probably going to fall into that market. So, you are right, you are going to have to push to overcome that.

Personally I think I would focus on the impact of height in the business place and study the number of successful CEO and business owners and their height. You will see that height is as big, if not bigger, impact in the work place.

But, it is not a protected characteristic so there isn't anything illegal in it. One is allowed to discriminate on height.

Rejected Rosebud

If you would like your lives to be different in a good way! where women are concerned you might try paying attention to what women are saying instead of drawing all of your conclusions from what you see on OLD preferences or wherever you are getting them from. Yes I know that not all women (people) are honest but if you will stop using this height thing as an excuse and open your eyes you really will see that bazillions of short guys are in relationships and appear to be happy guys!!

Edited by a LoveShack.org Moderator
To Mr. Duke

Grow up.

This is true. But as I said what it comes down to is whether it affects the individual person or not. You won't hear tall men complain about having little options, & if they do than there's something about his personality that turns women off. A lot of women wouldn't even want to get to know a short guy even if he's the nicest guy in the world. People only care about their own predicaments & if things are unfairly not going there way than they talk about it. An outsiders perspective doesn't mean much if they don't experience it themselves. It's like a really attractive woman with tons of options telling a short man struggling due to his height to shut up & not complain about it.

Right, but the short guy cannot grow.

• Like 1
I think taller men realize how much it sucks for short men. They don't really care though. Why would they? They have the advantage and they know it.

That was exactly my point. It doesn't affect them so it's not even on their mind. They could give an outsiders perspective but it won't mean anything.

This is true. But as I said what it comes down to is whether it affects the individual person or not. You won't hear tall men complain about having little options, & if they do than there's something about his personality that turns women off. A lot of women wouldn't even want to get to know a short guy even if he's the nicest guy in the world. People only care about their own predicaments & if things are unfairly not going there way than they talk about it. An outsiders perspective doesn't mean much if they don't experience it themselves. It's like a really attractive woman with tons of options telling a short man struggling due to his height to shut up & not complain about it.

NJ123 we keep going in circles. Tall ugly guy does not have many options. Short handsome with big muscles usually does, occasionally with a taller girl. Tall average girl has it a little tough too. Tall ugly girl is screwed because she has to find a tall single guy who is attracted to her and she him.

• Like 2
Right, but the short guy cannot grow.

Usually the response to this is something like well a lot of men want big breasts. When it comes down to it, height is the one thing you cannot change physically about yourself unless you want to risk severe health complications. You could get shoe lifts but that's pretty much lying to the woman if they want a tall man. But it is what it is. These threads just go around & around with the same arguments. Nothing is ever going to stop women from prefering tall men. Just won't magically change to "short, dark & handsome".

NJ123 we keep going in circles. Tall ugly guy does not have many options. Short handsome with big muscles usually does, occasionally with a taller girl. Tall average girl has it a little tough too. Tall ugly girl is screwed because she has to find a tall single guy who is attracted to her and she him.

This is true. The short guy needs to have a lot going for him to have a lot of options. The rest of your examples have it worse, maybe with acception of tall average girl.

Yes, there are many many categories of people with restricted options, even tall handsome guys can find it difficult if they have an awful personality or a high pitched voice or are too tall.

Older men, ugly men, fat men, "loser" men, men with strange personalities, men who are a bit camp, men who are always friendzoned... etc, etc.

Very tall girls, stocky girls, girls with strange laughs, girls who look masculine, girls with awful personalities, ugly girls, older women...etc.etc.

BUT on Loveshack it seems it is all about short guys.

Short guys who do seem to spend a lot of time whining, who do feel entitled; no-one else has it hard, only short guys...

• Like 2
This is true. The short guy needs to have a lot going for him to have a lot of options. The rest of your examples have it worse, maybe with acception of tall average girl.

No dude, how many single guys are 6+ now how many is she attracted to/average looking? Now how many single girls are under 5'5"? Way more