Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

Now you're getting racist. That says a lot more about you than me.

I'm all about solutions. I admit I don't care for goats so much though. I'm a rabid goatist.

I realized this height issue doesn't mean anything anymore. Not going to let it bother me. There's just no point of worrying about something I have no control over. It is what it is. Not every woman cares. Just need a different mindset about it.

• Like 1
Yes and short guys like Adam Levine and John Legend are both married to models who are very pretty. There are so many men in the entertainment industry who are considered short who choose to marry models.

you think hollywood is a good example? :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Of course not, but it's interesting to me that short men who can have their choice of women choose taller women.

those are very rich and famous guys. once you have so much money and fame it does not matter what you look like, you could be butt ugly and date gorgeous girls and chalk it up to confidence lol

• Like 2
But why do you think that is that only tall men approach you? Did you go out with the guy you were most attracted to?

I have no clue why I get approached more often by taller men. I do not know why those have happened to turn into long term relationships.

Not exclusively. The shortest guy I went out on a few dates with was 5'6. We ended up both not being interested after 4-5 dates. He did initiate the conversation though.

The guy I was most attracted to, I'm not sure how to answer that. I certainly tried. It didn't end up being a relationship.

I have no clue why I get approached more often by taller men. I do not know why those have happened to turn into long term relationships.

Not exclusively. The shortest guy I went out on a few dates with was 5'6. We ended up both not being interested after 4-5 dates. He did initiate the conversation though.

The guy I was most attracted to, I'm not sure how to answer that. I certainly tried. It didn't end up being a relationship.

True. I'm not going to let this height stuff bother me anymore. Places like this can poison your mind if you let it. All I could hope for is to meet a decent girl one day that doesn't care. I don't know why I let stupid crap like this get to me so much at times.

• Like 1
those are very rich and famous guys. once you have so much money and fame it does not matter what you look like, you could be butt ugly and date gorgeous girls and chalk it up to confidence lol

I agree. But why would these guys chose tall women when they can have any girl they want?

thefooloftheyear
Of course not, but it's interesting to me that short men who can have their choice of women choose taller women.

Who says they went out of their way to choose a taller woman? Is it entirely possible it just worked out that way?

TFY

Who says they went out of their way to choose a taller woman? Is it entirely possible it just worked out that way?

TFY

remember tom cruise and his hussy wife n. kidman. he was like 5 foot 5 and she was almost 6 feet

I agree. But why would these guys chose tall women when they can have any girl they want?

they like tall women? lol i do not know but i will ask them if i ever meet them. lol

That's completely different than the height issue. A man can be really attractive even if he's short but he still won't have as many options as the taller man unless he's deemed as ugly. Didn't you read that one posters comment about how all the women seen a picture of a guy they thought was really handsome, but they than found out he was short so they lost complete attraction to him. Why would I waste a womans time if I'm not physically attracted to her? The face is first thing you see. If there's no attraction there what are you supposed to do?

Why would a woman waste your time if she's not attracted to you? It doesn't matter if the face is the first thing you see, a woman not wanting a short man in no different to a man not wanting a woman with a big bone structure, or big hands like a man or whatever it is that turns him off.

To say women found mugshots of short men's faces attractive but rejected them on the basis of their height is like saying a group of guys found a mugshot of a woman attractive but rejected her because she was a big build or was too tall or 4ft 10, or whatever the full picture is.

You want to reject women on the basis of their looks regardless of the full picture, but you get annoyed when women reject men taking into account the full picture.

• Like 3
Why would a woman waste your time if she's not attracted to you? It doesn't matter if the face is the first thing you see, a woman not wanting a short man in no different to a man not wanting a woman with a big bone structure, or big hands like a man or whatever it is that turns him off.

To say women found mugshots of short men's faces attractive but rejected them on the basis of their height is like saying a group of guys found a mugshot of a woman attractive but rejected her because she was a big build or was too tall or 4ft 10, or whatever the full picture is.

You want to reject women on the basis of their looks regardless of the full picture, but you get annoyed when women reject men taking into account the full picture.

I don't care anymore. I'm changing my mindset about this height thing. I'm not going to let it bother me anymore. There's no point in ranting about something I have no control over. And I've stated I absolutely do not care what a woman's height is. I'd easily date a 4'10" woman if she had a good personality & I found her attractive. Same goes for a 5'9" woman.

So how many women are you wanting to "get"? What is your end goal here? Is it a relationship or just a notch on the old bed post?

I used to be interested in a relationship. However, due to my height, women want me to put in an EXTREME amount of effort for this to happen (likely to compensate for what I lack). Many, however, turn me down for relationships completely, likely due to my height.

So I've decided that it's simply not worth it.

For now, I'm back into casual. Women at bars tend to be pretty receptive to me (for the most part, not all, obviously).

As far as how many women I'd like to get: the obvious answer is anyone that I want. My height is holding me back from this, unfortunately.

Can you cite your evidence and research on the assumption that "women whine more than men" on LS? I would love to see your data.

I never said that women whine more than men.

We all have traits that are "discriminated against" in different areas. Few of us possess the lucky combination of traits where they are in the "winning category" in all areas. This is life. You learn how to make what you have stand out.

Height is the most important thing to women. All else is secondary.

But if you want to be an Adonis it may not happen and that is just the reality. Just like I am never going to have the facial and structure of Cindy Crawford. That is my lot in life. So I make due with what I have and I "sell" it. It won't work for everyone but I am not trying to work with everyone. I am looking for the quality not quantity. Dating is a niche market. So being upset that one's niche market is small is a pointless endeavor. What you can do is figure out how to sell you more.

I could be upset all I want. It doesn't mean that I don't try. It doesn't even mean that I don't succeed.

Am I upset that I wasn't born with better height. HELL YEAH!! It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the things that I do have. I just acknowledge that height is the most important aspect of a man in dating.

You are right, the preference tends to be average to tall men. I am not sure what you all are constituting as small but anything under 5'5 is probably going to fall into that market. So, you are right, you are going to have to push to overcome that.

I'm 5'6 and I am definitely considered short and it has been a detriment to my dating life.

Personally I think I would focus on the impact of height in the business place and study the number of successful CEO and business owners and their height. You will see that height is as big, if not bigger, impact in the work place.

I make 6 figures in my late 20s. I also am a business owner. I've never encountered any discrimination based on my height. It's been mostly smooth sailing (I don't have connections either). I find that employers and customers don't care about my height as long as I'm good at what I do. Women, on the other hand, :laugh:.

But, it is not a protected characteristic so there isn't anything illegal in it. One is allowed to discriminate on height.

Exactly. This is why it's WORSE for short men in this day and age. All other minorities are protected. We're not even considered a minority (even though we are, by definition).

Here's a good article on height discrimination:

Whats Up With All Of The Hate For Short Dudes? | Short Guy Central

In December of 2013, AYI (Are You Interested) published a study illustrating that a collection of data from some of the most popular dating sites showed that men 96% of women were opposed to dating men under 5’9 in New York City. Studies from other cities displayed the same results.

The fact is that height discrimination is at an all-time high and it will likely get worse.

For us short men, our best options to have children are either going overseas or doing something like Growing Generations (if you have the money) and have a child with a donor egg and surrogate.

I used to be interested in a relationship. However, due to my height, women want me to put in an EXTREME amount of effort for this to happen (likely to compensate for what I lack). Many, however, turn me down for relationships completely, likely due to my height.

So I've decided that it's simply not worth it.

For now, I'm back into casual. Women at bars tend to be pretty receptive to me (for the most part, not all, obviously).

As far as how many women I'd like to get: the obvious answer is anyone that I want. My height is holding me back from this, unfortunately.

I never said that women whine more than men.

Height is the most important thing to women. All else is secondary.

I could be upset all I want. It doesn't mean that I don't try. It doesn't even mean that I don't succeed.

Am I upset that I wasn't born with better height. HELL YEAH!! It doesn't mean that I don't appreciate the things that I do have. I just acknowledge that height is the most important aspect of a man in dating.

I'm 5'6 and I am definitely considered short and it has been a detriment to my dating life.

I make 6 figures in my late 20s. I also am a business owner. I've never encountered any discrimination based on my height. It's been mostly smooth sailing (I don't have connections either). I find that employers and customers don't care about my height as long as I'm good at what I do. Women, on the other hand, :laugh:.

Exactly. This is why it's WORSE for short men in this day and age. All other minorities are protected. We're not even considered a minority (even though we are, by definition).

First off, research height in business.

Secondly, if you think height is the most important thing for a woman in dating then that is your major issue right there and why you are failing at it. This is probably why you are finding more success in casual than in progressing things forward. There are other things lacking that are stopping you from being seen as more than a short term fun.

If height was really the issue you have a lot more issues 'getting your foot in the door" and would have a harder time at just the casual, because casual is just surface/superficial. A relationship prospect must encompass more than just good looks.

Maybe you are seen as just "arm candy" good on the arm but not someone a girl would take home to mom or dad. I dated a guy one summer in college like that. Good looking but dumb as a box of rocks and no real sense of humor. So good to make out with but not someone I would actually want to introduce to family and friends.

And no, not all other minorities are protected as height is not considered a minority. minority is based on ethnicity so height transcends ethnicities. There are more things covered than ethnicities as a protected characteristic but since there is no real evidence of acute and aggressive discrimination that has grossly impacted one's earning and life potential it is not protected. Just like other areas. One is free to never hire someone shorter or taller than x. One is allowed to discriminate on sports affiliation, etc.

Personally, my observations has been that women make far more concessions on physical attractiveness than men do. I would have to pull up the links but there is research tied to that as well. I think one sees far more couples were the woman is the more attractive person in the relationship and I believe there is research showing mutual marital happiness is greater when the woman is more attractive than when the man.

I don't care anymore. I'm changing my mindset about this height thing. I'm not going to let it bother me anymore. There's no point in ranting about something I have no control over. And I've stated I absolutely do not care what a woman's height is. I'd easily date a 4'10" woman if she had a good personality & I found her attractive. Same goes for a 5'9" woman.

^^^^ Amen^^^^

Height is the most important thing to women. All else is secondary./QUOTE]

Thank you so much for volunteering to be our spokesperson. However, you are wrong.

Stop blaming women. This is clearly about your attitude.

• Like 5

Articles approaching height and biases tied to height:

Positives if one dates a shorter man: Short Men Do More Housework, Earn More, Divorce Less | The New Republic

The impact of height in dating (both genders) and business: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201306/why-women-want-tall-men

The issues with height (both genders): Fact or Fiction?: It's No Tall Tale, Height Matters - Scientific American

Psychologists highlight pitfalls of online dating - CNN.com

http://timothy-judge.com/Height%20paper--JAP%20published.pdf

Why I'm Dating a Shorter Man

So, in some of the guy's defense, there is a real case of the uphill struggle on height and dating. But it is not entirely a lost cause, though I would suggest not doing any online dating (for multiple reasons). But it looks like shorter height is a negative for both genders and personal satisfaction. Something to ponder.

• Like 1
thefooloftheyear

Bottom line....

Height never stopped me from doing anything in my life.. Nowhere does it say that because I am pretty short, I cant be intelligent, humorous, hardworking, compassionate, considerate, family oriented, physically fit, take good care of myself, inventive, creative, financially savvy, wealthy, handy...etc...etc...And these are the things that make people more successful in general life....and...er...interactions with the opposite sex

In the course of my life and because if the type of work I am involved in, met some very powerful and influential men...The three that stand out the most are Mike Bloomberg, and two others who's names Id rather not mention...Anyway, you know them..everyone does...NONE of them are tall..Not even close..

So you can sit around, b!tch and moan, make excuses, set yourself up for failure, and cry in your beer,

...... or prove everyone wrong..

The choice is yours..

TFY

• Like 4
First off, research height in business.

Yes, I realize that. However, I have not experienced this personally.

Secondly, if you think height is the most important thing for a woman in dating then that is your major issue right there and why you are failing at it. This is probably why you are finding more success in casual than in progressing things forward. There are other things lacking that are stopping you from being seen as more than a short term fun.

If height was really the issue you have a lot more issues 'getting your foot in the door" and would have a harder time at just the casual, because casual is just surface/superficial. A relationship prospect must encompass more than just good looks.

It's not like I don't get rejected at the outset and I do have to put in effort for even something casual.

For example, I do get a significant amount of looks from girls at bars and (very) occasionally get hit on, but I still have to put in effort to get laid.

Maybe you are seen as just "arm candy" good on the arm but not someone a girl would take home to mom or dad. I dated a guy one summer in college like that. Good looking but dumb as a box of rocks and no real sense of humor. So good to make out with but not someone I would actually want to introduce to family and friends.

I actually take this quote as a compliment, but no. My career requires significant intelligence. And, while I am "cute", I am certainly not arm candy. I'm too short to be arm candy and I certainly don't have model looks.

And no, not all other minorities are protected as height is not considered a minority. minority is based on ethnicity so height transcends ethnicities. There are more things covered than ethnicities as a protected characteristic but since there is no real evidence of acute and aggressive discrimination that has grossly impacted one's earning and life potential it is not protected. Just like other areas. One is free to never hire someone shorter or taller than x. One is allowed to discriminate on sports affiliation, etc.

I realize that height is not CONSIDERED to be a minority. However, it most certainly is (by definition, a minority of people are out of the normal height range).

In some states, it actually is illegal to discriminate based on height and there is legislation in others.

Also, it's the only thing that's really acceptable to make fun of these days (race, gender, sexual orientation, and even weight are off limits.....height is certainly not though).

Personally, my observations has been that women make far more concessions on physical attractiveness than men do. I would have to pull up the links but there is research tied to that as well. I think one sees far more couples were the woman is the more attractive person in the relationship and I believe there is research showing mutual marital happiness is greater when the woman is more attractive than when the man.

This may be true, but women are more likely to compromise on looks than height. How many couples have you seen where the woman is significantly taller than the man. I have not seen many at all. There are plenty of studies that show that this percentage is far below what one would expect from random chance (not a bit below, but FAR below, suggesting very limited compromise among women).

Bottom line....

Height never stopped me from doing anything in my life.. Nowhere does it say that because I am pretty short, I cant be intelligent, humorous, hardworking, compassionate, considerate, family oriented, physically fit, take good care of myself, inventive, creative, financially savvy, wealthy, handy...etc...etc...And these are the things that make people more successful in general life....and...er...interactions with the opposite sex

In the course of my life and because if the type of work I am involved in, met some very powerful and influential men...The three that stand out the most are Mike Bloomberg, and two others who's names Id rather not mention...Anyway, you know them..everyone does...NONE of them are tall..Not even close..

So you can sit around, b!tch and moan, make excuses, set yourself up for failure, and cry in your beer,

...... or prove everyone wrong..

The choice is yours..

TFY

Yes, but you have to COMPENSATE for not being tall. Every single quality that you listed there has to be that much better because you are short (and, even then, it won't help with many women).

Sorry man, but you are in denial.