Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

Rejected Rosebud
Yes, but you have to COMPENSATE for not being tall. Every single quality that you listed there has to be that much better because you are short (and, even then, it won't help with many women).

Sorry man, but you are in denial.

No he's not, the best people are trying their best in their lives, they are going to try to be their best whether they are tall or short or in a wheelchair or whatever, not be mad because some other person got it easier and didn't NEED to try, that kind of an attitude is not a winning one no matter how tall or short you are. :mad:
Yes, I realize that. However, I have not experienced this personally.

It's not like I don't get rejected at the outset and I do have to put in effort for even something casual.

For example, I do get a significant amount of looks from girls at bars and (very) occasionally get hit on, but I still have to put in effort to get laid.

Damn dude, if only you were just a few inches taller, than you wouldn't have to put in any effort. :(

toolforgrowth

I'm 5'8". Not tall, but not super short either. Virtually all of the men I know are at least one inch taller than me. Yet I've had more women come onto me in the last 2 years than I have in the past 10 before it. They range from 4'11" (my girlfriend) to 5'10". The short women barely outnumber the tall women, but that's because I know more shorter women than tall women.

In other words, I've found that women are simply attracted to me, regardless of height by either person.

There is an attractive married woman at my work. She's at least 5'9", probably closer to 5'10". I can tell agree thinks I'm hot stuff. I've caught her looking at me more than once, and she smiles very big at me regularly. She's married and I'm taken, so I wouldn't touch her with a 10" pole, but the signs are clearly there. The last time I ran into her was when I was walking around a corner just as she was coming the other way, and the look of almost terror on her face at literally almost running into me was priceless. She stuttered insensibly for a couple seconds before recovering nicely. Lol It was cute.

I had a woman who was 5'10" grab me at a party, push me against a wall, and commence with heavy making out. There would have been sex had she not passed out. So I took a different lady home with me instead (this is when I was single). No less than three women flirted with me that night.

What's my secret? I'm really fun, really smart, very sociable, somewhat charismatic, and rather cute. :) Height doesn't even register in my mind. I just go with the flow and have a good time.

IME, women care far more about having a good time with a fun guy than anything else. And I've learned that one doesn't need to be tall to have charisma.

You just have to be the kind of person other people want to be around.

EDIT: Women can sense bitterness or resentment. You may not resent women for preferring tall men, but you do resent your own genetics and are bitter about it. They pick up on it, and I don't blame them one bit. The idea that you have to compensate is entirely in your own head.

It's no wonder why women tease short guys for having Short Guy Syndrome. Lol

Edited by toolforgrowth
Women can sense bitterness or resentment. You may not resent women for preferring tall men, but you do resent your own genetics and are bitter about it. They pick up on it, and I don't blame them one bit. The idea that you have to compensate is entirely in your own head.

Ten character truth assessment. :)

Articles approaching height and biases tied to height:

Positives if one dates a shorter man: Short Men Do More Housework, Earn More, Divorce Less | The New Republic

The impact of height in dating (both genders) and business: https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/fulfillment-any-age/201306/why-women-want-tall-men

The issues with height (both genders): Fact or Fiction?: It's No Tall Tale, Height Matters - Scientific American

Psychologists highlight pitfalls of online dating - CNN.com

http://timothy-judge.com/Height%20paper--JAP%20published.pdf

Why I'm Dating a Shorter Man

So, in some of the guy's defense, there is a real case of the uphill struggle on height and dating. But it is not entirely a lost cause, though I would suggest not doing any online dating (for multiple reasons). But it looks like shorter height is a negative for both genders and personal satisfaction. Something to ponder.

Thank you for making an effort to understand.

I'm tired of hearing "It's not your height, it's you", when it's very clearly my height.

I'm 5'8". Not tall, but not super short either. Virtually all of the men I know are at least one inch taller than me. Yet I've had more women come onto me in the last 2 years than I have in the past 10 before it. They range from 4'11" (my girlfriend) to 5'10". The short women barely outnumber the tall women, but that's because I know more shorter women than tall women.

In other words, I've found that women are simply attracted to me, regardless of height by either person.

There is an attractive married woman at my work. She's at least 5'9", probably closer to 5'10". I can tell agree thinks I'm hot stuff. I've caught her looking at me more than once, and she smiles very big at me regularly. She's married and I'm taken, so I wouldn't touch her with a 10" pole, but the signs are clearly there. The last time I ran into her was when I was walking around a corner just as she was coming the other way, and the look of almost terror on her face at literally almost running into me was priceless. She stuttered insensibly for a couple seconds before recovering nicely. Lol It was cute.

I had a woman who was 5'10" grab me at a party, push me against a wall, and commence with heavy making out. There would have been sex had she not passed out. So I took a different lady home with me instead (this is when I was single). No less than three women flirted with me that night.

What's my secret? I'm really fun, really smart, very sociable, somewhat charismatic, and rather cute. :) Height doesn't even register in my mind. I just go with the flow and have a good time.

IME, women care far more about having a good time with a fun guy than anything else. And I've learned that one doesn't need to be tall to have charisma.

You just have to be the kind of person other people want to be around.

EDIT: Women can sense bitterness or resentment. You may not resent women for preferring tall men, but you do resent your own genetics and are bitter about it. They pick up on it, and I don't blame them one bit. The idea that you have to compensate is entirely in your own head.

It's no wonder why women tease short guys for having Short Guy Syndrome. Lol

5'8 is barely short.

But I'm still shorter than 90% of all the men I know. That puts me at the bottom of the Bell curve.

Have you ever tried online dating?

Man, constantly thinking about this is going to destroy you. Just forget about it, since you can't change what is.

I'm pretty short at five seven and a half and never had a problem.Step outside and live a little and see who's in relationships as opposed to filling yourself with online garbage

• Like 1
toolforgrowth

Look Duke, it's your choice to sit in pity and bitterness over your height. You consciously choose to do that. That's perfectly okay for you to do, but that means that you accept the consequences of that choice: women sense it and it turns them off.

I'm literally telling you I've had multiple women taller than me either flirt with me or directly engage in sexual acts with me. Clearly, height is not that big of an issue as you make it out to be. And I'm not doing anything that you can't do.

Instead of constantly b!tching about how you dislike being short, try being grateful for what you DO have. You're healthy, you're reasonably intelligent, and you're not ugly. It can ALWAYS get worse, dude.

• Like 1
Man, constantly thinking about this is going to destroy you. Just forget about it, since you can't change what is.

I don't constantly think about it.

I do, however, think it's important that the plight of the short man is not invalidated. It offends me that people constantly tell me (both in real life and online) that being short isn't a problem. It is. And it's a BIG one.

toolforgrowth

Yes I have. And the first woman I got a date with was 10 years younger than me and exactly my height. So I was not taller than her at all.

Listen to Content. OLD is not representative of real life. I gave real life examples of me having success with tall women, or with tall women finding me attractive. All you can come up with is OLD.

Get out from behind the computer and actually MEET women.

Look Duke, it's your choice to sit in pity and bitterness over your height. You consciously choose to do that. That's perfectly okay for you to do, but that means that you accept the consequences of that choice: women sense it and it turns them off.

I'm literally telling you I've had multiple women taller than me either flirt with me or directly engage in sexual acts with me. Clearly, height is not that big of an issue as you make it out to be. And I'm not doing anything that you can't do.

Women flirt with me too and they have sex with me. So what? It doesn't mean that height doesn't matter. It also doesn't mean that height isn't the most important thing to women.

Again, you are not really short. So you have no idea what I'm talking about. The discrimination is there and it's obvious. Even with women that I am successful with, I have to put in more work than the average tall guy.

Even in your response, you qualified yourself by saying that you have a million other good qualities. Do you think tall guys would need to do that?

Instead of constantly b!tching about how you dislike being short, try being grateful for what you DO have. You're healthy, you're reasonably intelligent, and you're not ugly. It can ALWAYS get worse, dude.
Sure, it can always be worse. But that doesn't mean that I can't complain about what IS wrong with my situation (that I'm unable to fix). Edited by DukeNukem47
I don't constantly think about it.

I do, however, think it's important that the plight of the short man is not invalidated. It offends me that people constantly tell me (both in real life and online) that being short isn't a problem. It is. And it's a BIG one.

But what is that going to do? It's not going to change that women prefer tall men. It is what it is. There's billions of women out there, all it takes is one you come across that doesn't care.

toolforgrowth
But what is that going to do? It's not going to change that women prefer tall men. It is what it is. There's billions of women out there, all it takes is one you come across that doesn't care.

Seriously, 1000x this.

Not every female is going to find you attractive for whatever reason. That's life.

My suggestion is to accept it and get used to it.

It's worse to try to suppress these feelings, man. Trust me, I know.

I don't run around IRL talking about it. And women IRL actually do respond well to me and flirt with me. They can't sense bitterness or anger (contrary to popular belief, women are not all powerful beings that can read your mind).

I don't see why I can't be angry about it in my personal time and vent on anonymous online forums.

Seriously, 1000x this.

Not every female is going to find you attractive for whatever reason. That's life.

My suggestion is to accept it and get used to it.

Again, we will get rejected more than tall men. I promise.

It's okay to be angry about it.

toolforgrowth
Again, we will get rejected more than tall men. I promise.

It's okay to be angry about it.

And again, I disagree with you.

• Like 1
It's worse to try to suppress these feelings, man. Trust me, I know.

I don't run around IRL talking about it. And women IRL actually do respond well to me and flirt with me. They can't sense bitterness or anger (contrary to popular belief, women are not all powerful beings that can read your mind).

I don't see why I can't be angry about it in my personal time and vent on anonymous online forums.

If women flirt & respond well to you, than what is the problem?

I realized it's so stupid to worry about something like this. It's pointless when it won't change anything.

• Like 1
If women flirt & respond well to you, than what is the problem?

I realized it's so stupid to worry about something like this. It's pointless when it won't change anything.

The problem is that it takes more effort to get them than actually just showing up.

The problem is that it's way more difficult to get dates online.

The problem is that I'm being discriminated against for something that I can't control.

The problem is that everybody thinks that this is not a problem for some reason.

The problem is that it takes more effort to get them than actually just showing up.

The problem is that it's way more difficult to get dates online.

The problem is that I'm being discriminated against for something that I can't control.

The problem is that everybody thinks that this is not a problem for some reason.

Well just forget about OLD. And just think of it like this, if a woman is so shallow to not want to get to know you just due to height & has a big problem with it, is that someone you want to be with anyway?

Well just forget about OLD. And just think of it like this, if a woman is so shallow to not want to get to know you just due to height & has a big problem with it, is that someone you want to be with anyway?

You do realize that this is the vast majority of women out there, right?

Height is very important to most women, even here on this forum. If you don't believe me, see how many women liked stupid comments like "Tall men make me feel protected" or some other such nonsense. That will show where their true beliefs lie.

Don't buy the BS.

Ah yes, more guilt tripping women for their preferences.

I'm 5' 10.5" and I'm not missing out on anything by being right under six feet.

There's hot girls in all heights. :cool:

Trust me, there's options no matter your height.