Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

CrystalCastles
you two must be quite the sight to behold, especially if you are wearing heels

I hate heels. I can't walk in them. So that's never a problem! :D

Our friends sometimes point it out as a joke but it's all in good humour and it's never bothered neither me nor him.

i don't share that opinion. i'm 5'10 and have never really felt "safe" with a short guy, i always feel like i have to be more aware because i won't be able to rely on them if i needed to. my brother is 6'4 and looks like a linebacker - he's a huge guy - when i walk down a street with him he looks imposing and that makes me feel safe, because who is going to approach him and cause trouble? height/body frame on a guy definitely makes me feel safer. i work with a guy so short and petite he looks like tinkerbell (seriously) - who is he going to protect? what women will feel safe with him? i asked him to kill a bug for me once and he picked it up and took it outside, lol. i still tease him about that 4 years later, and 4 years later he's still girlfriendless.

Ever heard of wing chun?

Thought not ;)

my personal experience is that it's the men who have more problems being with a taller woman than it is the other way around.

Every guy I've dated who was close to my height got a little weird when I wore heels. I'm 5'6", so no Amazon.

My ex-H didn't want me to wear high heels to our wedding, for instance. That should have been a dealbreaker considering his other insecurities that led to his cheating ;)

Just like I get tired of dealing with some men's insecurities about my education, finances, etc... I get tired of dealing with some men's insecurities about their height too. WTF, I'll just date a rich, well-educated, tall guy... Maybe he'll be insecure about something else for a change *shrug* Probably his age. That's where I'm at these days, lol.\

p.s. I'm small breasted. You won't find me whining about it to any guy... In fact, on my Match profile, I tell them if they are a boob man, they are out of luck, haha Sheesh people, if you want to be insecure about something, there is always something to gripe about if you want to...

Edited by RedRobin
  • Like 2
This seems to be the case with a lot of women. Where they say they prefer taller men, but still wouldn't mind being with a shorter guy. But would you be willing to admit to the shorter guy that you prefer tall guys but could overlook it with the short guy? I'd prefer to be with a woman that is just completely neutral about height.

I'm 5'10, very close to 5'11 so I'd like someone within a few inches of my height. But looking back over crushes and the few boyfriends I've had they ranged from about 5'6 to 6'6.

i don't see it as "overlooking" his height. We aren't talking about something disfiguring. His height just wouldn't figure into the equation. His face, his attitude, his love of Xbox would. :p

• Like 2
I'm 5'10, very close to 5'11 so I'd like someone within a few inches of my height. But looking back over crushes and the few boyfriends I've had they ranged from about 5'6 to 6'6.

i don't see it as "overlooking" his height. We aren't talking about something disfiguring. His height just wouldn't figure into the equation. His face, his attitude, his love of Xbox would. :p

Well in your case than there's no argument. As said, men have no problems with tall women wanting a guy that's tall. But a lot of women who prefer tall men, it is considered overlooking it when their short themselves & still mainly want a tall guy. Men really don't understand that logic & always just get the answer of "we like what we like". Even if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. While for you, it isn't considered overlooking since you still date or have dated guys a lot shorter than you.

women like tall men because in general they have longer c0cks, just like they have longer feet, hands, arms, legs, etc...

Plenty of research shows that there is no correlation between height and c*ck size.

My last BF was 5'-7" and his c*ck was bigger around than my wrist, and longer than average too.

I dated a guy who was 6'3" and probably had the smallest c*ck I've ever been with. A much better lover than Mr. Huge C*ck though... by far.

In the case of the most recent BF... I don't miss having to stare down that anaconda every day. I'll leave that to the size queens, and the ladies who have pushed out, like 10 kids from their vaginas... There's someone for everyone...

• Like 4
And women who usually have those preferences do tend to have some hatred towards shorter men. I hear so many times where some say they think of men as tall & boys as short. And flat out saying they hate short guys like they wish they didn't even exist.

Yep, Ive noticed that an opportunity to be a bit toxic is rarely missed. Why make your point eloquently when you can just be catty instead? Not that guys are much better, single mothers and weight being the main target. For women, it seems pretty much everything about a man's character is worthy of ridicule rather than just objective debate. I cant say the women I know IRL are this bad so maybe its just an internet thing.

Well in your case than there's no argument. As said, men have no problems with tall women wanting a guy that's tall. But a lot of women who prefer tall men, it is considered overlooking it when their short themselves & still mainly want a tall guy. Men really don't understand that logic & always just get the answer of "we like what we like". Even if it doesn't make any sense whatsoever. While for you, it isn't considered overlooking since you still date or have dated guys a lot shorter than you.

You want sexual attraction to be logical and it just isn't for most people. It's primal, emotional, hormonal.

• Like 4
It's not a big factor by any means, but it is no different than men feeling more confident or adequate with small women, and there are quite a few of those.

Really, is that a thing? I wouldnt mind dating a tall woman or a larger one (as long as she is in proportion), makes no difference to me.

As always it comes down to options, guys might like big breasts but natural DDs are as rare as rocking horse crap so its a 'nice to have' as are body proportions in general (drawing the line at obesity). Tall well built guys are far more prevalent than girls with natural big boobs so women can demand it as a requirement and usually get it

For most men the reality is they arent in a position to have hard and fast deal breakers- women are.

You want sexual attraction to be logical and it just isn't for most people. It's primal, emotional, hormonal.

Yeah, that's why women always go for the most attractive guys for casual sex. Women know what's attractive, but sometimes due to different things they have to make exceptions in relationships on some things even if they really don't want to.

toolforgrowth

I'm 5'8". Not short, but not tall either. If ladies want a "tall" man, I wouldn't qualify. But I don't think I qualify as a "short" guy either.

I guess I could be described as "smedium". lol But granted I'm 141 lbs fully clothed, so I'm pretty skinny too.

With all that being said, you've never seen me with a 6' rattan wood bo staff in my hands. Or two escrema sticks. Or kicking and punching the 6' punching bag in my garage. I have some martial arts training, and I know exactly where to strike to incapacitate, or even kill, another human being.

Am I Bruce Lee? Heavens, no. But could I hold my own in a street fight? You betcha.

I once sparred with a friend who is about 6'3". The look on his face when I ducked down low and threw an upper ridge hand right to his face that actually connected directly to his mouth (but didn't hurt him...it was sparring after all) was priceless. He looked down on me, and there was respect shining in his eyes. After that, he hunkered down and widened his stance, so his legs were quite far apart.

That's when I went for his knees with kicks.

Never judge a book by its cover.

• Like 1
Really, is that a thing? I wouldnt mind dating a tall woman or a larger one (as long as she is in proportion), makes no difference to me.

As always it comes down to options, guys might like big breasts but natural DDs are as rare as rocking horse crap so its a 'nice to have' as are body proportions in general (drawing the line at obesity). Tall well built guys are far more prevalent than girls with natural big boobs so women can demand it as a requirement and usually get it

For most men the reality is they arent in a position to have hard and fast deal breakers- women are.

As a woman, I would not want to be with any man who listed big breasts under "hard and fast dealbreakers". And for the record, my cup size is not too shabby.

If I were a man, any unchangeable (and by unchangeable I mean anything that cannot be corrected except by miracle or surgery), that a woman considered "a hard and fast dealbreaker" would take that woman off the table for me.

Just like a man who would require a boob job is a shallow cad, a woman who would reject an otherwise amazing man solely based on a moderate height discrepancy is not a woman I would think you'd want to date anyway.

todreaminblue

Thats a ridiculous notion to feel safe with a tall man...i have been told that guys feel safer with me...i am female......its not anything to do with height....its to do with the size fo the spirit within....which often is cramped in shorter guys....and when that spirit comes out.....its more than ten feet tall...i feel safe with that guy ...short or tall....a guy i know would stand beside me..not abandon me in that movie watching batman..even if he was the same height as me....together....we are taller than anyone else...dont mess with shorties...and think you have a height advantage.....recognise the size of the spirit...to do otherwise....would be a mistake....just ask bruce lee when you get to the other side.....he will tell you ...height is nothing.....be water my friend...be like water.....i appreciate watery....as everyone should........deb

I'm 5'8". Not short, but not tall either. If ladies want a "tall" man, I wouldn't qualify. But I don't think I qualify as a "short" guy either.

I guess I could be described as "smedium". lol But granted I'm 141 lbs fully clothed, so I'm pretty skinny too.

With all that being said, you've never seen me with a 6' rattan wood bo staff in my hands. Or two escrema sticks. Or kicking and punching the 6' punching bag in my garage. I have some martial arts training, and I know exactly where to strike to incapacitate, or even kill, another human being.

Am I Bruce Lee? Heavens, no. But could I hold my own in a street fight? You betcha.

I once sparred with a friend who is about 6'3". The look on his face when I ducked down low and threw an upper ridge hand right to his face that actually connected directly to his mouth (but didn't hurt him...it was sparring after all) was priceless. He looked down on me, and there was respect shining in his eyes. After that, he hunkered down and widened his stance, so his legs were quite far apart.

That's when I went for his knees with kicks.

Never judge a book by its cover.

This is what women don't understand. They think automatically if a guy is shorter than he's less tough which is far from the case.

toolforgrowth
This is what women don't understand. They think automatically if a guy is shorter than he's less tough which is far from the case.

There is truth to this statement. But I would never judge a woman for simply having a preference for taller men. If her sole purpose for overlooking shorter men is because she doesn't think she'd be safe with them, I'd say her logic is flawed.

But if she simply prefers taller men because that's just want she finds sexually attractive, then I can't argue with that. I have my physical preferences in women too...I can't begrudge anyone for having theirs as well.

• Like 1
There is truth to this statement. But I would never judge a woman for simply having a preference for taller men. If her sole purpose for overlooking shorter men is because she doesn't think she'd be safe with them, I'd say her logic is flawed.

But if she simply prefers taller men because that's just want she finds sexually attractive, then I can't argue with that. I have my physical preferences in women too...I can't begrudge anyone for having theirs as well.

This is what a lot of women believe. I've been told this before that subconsciously they feel "safer" and more "secure" due to the tall height. I don't understand that safe thing in general anyway. Since there's an extremely low chance of something bad happening to you. And what if weapons are involved? It doesn't matter how tough you are in that case.

I've actually come across quite a few guys that exclaim in dismay "you're tall!" And they have this disappointed look on their face. I also had a friend tell me in high school I'd be much cuter if I was shorter.

Lots of guys don't want a girl who towers over him. I used to get hurt by that but I can't be everyone's cup of tea. I refuse to see my height as something UGLY. It just IS.

• Like 1
toolforgrowth
This is what a lot of women believe. I've been told this before that subconsciously they feel "safer" and more "secure" due to the tall height. I don't understand that safe thing in general anyway. Since there's an extremely low chance of something bad happening to you. And what if weapons are involved? It doesn't matter how tough you are in that case.

Then forget these women. Why would you waste your time lamenting about the flawed logic these women have? It's their loss for writing off what could a be a great guy because they have incorrect assumptions.

A funny thing happened to me last week. I walk during my breaks and lunch at work, I have to get out of the office and get in some movement during the day. On my way back to my building during lunch, there as a guy who was about an inch taller than me, wearing baggy pants and a hoodie, who looked kinda rough. He had a pretty sullen look on his face.

Then here's me: a classic nerdy looking guy, complete with the black nerd glasses, wearing a professional outfit, who's shorter and reeks of geekiness, and who's 35 but easily looks 25.

When we approached, he glared right at me. And I looked him square in the eyes as I walked past him and held his glare.

He looked down at the sidewalk and kept right on walking.

Bullies smell weakness. Could he have kicked my ass? Maybe. But I'd have stood toe to toe and made him work for every inch of it. Bullies don't want to work for it, they want easy prey and stay away from other predators.

• Like 1

Several of the taller ladies in this thread and others have pointed out men's discomfort with their height. I'm curious if this preference is prevalent on OLD. Do a lot of men put in height requirements that you don't meet? I don't have any height requirements myself, but I don't look at many male profiles, so I don't know what's common.

It's all about appearances. Many confrontations never advance to fisticuffs. Even in nature, animals try to appear larger and meaner when threatened by a predator or rival. Bears will stand on their hind legs to appear larger and sometimes bluff charge.

The point is, women don't want a guy that others THINK they can push around.

• Like 1
toolforgrowth
Several of the taller ladies in this thread and others have pointed out men's discomfort with their height. I'm curious if this preference is prevalent on OLD. Do a lot of men put in height requirements that you don't meet? I don't have any height requirements myself, but I don't look at many male profiles, so I don't know what's common.

I didn't have any height preferences. I would have dated a taller woman just as easily as I would a shorter woman (and my GF is 4'11"!). I mean, how could I complain if me standing at my normal height placed my face right in her bosom?? :lmao:

I once had an almost ONS with a woman who is 5'10", and she was the one who came onto me...hardcore. And her BF is about 6' tall! Before anyone judges, I didn't know she had a BF at the time.

Ever heard of wing chun?

Thought not ;)

a chinese dish, right?

the point is not that a small guy can't be tough or muscular, sure they can. but i'd never rely on a short, muscular guy helping me out of anything. they kinda look funny, actually. at 5'10 i'd probably have to protect them, at least psychologically, that's how it feels. it might not be true at all, but the feeling that a shorter guy could protect me? it's not there. i swear i see really short guys stare at me with envy sometimes - they'd probably give quite a lot to have my height.

I'm at the top of the height range for lots of guys who are 5-6" to 5-9" or so on OLD.

They want someone who is shorter than them. Just like lots of guys won't go even one year older than them in age *shrug*.

toolforgrowth
a chinese dish, right?

the point is not that a small guy can't be tough or muscular, sure they can. but i'd never rely on a short, muscular guy helping me out of anything. they kinda look funny, actually. at 5'10 i'd probably have to protect them, at least psychologically, that's how it feels. it might not be true at all, but the feeling that a shorter guy could protect me? it's not there. i swear i see really short guys stare at me with envy sometimes - they'd probably give quite a lot to have my height.

Don't feel bad. I'd never rely on a tall woman to to help me out of anything, either. Their size makes them overconfident, and coordination is more difficult to develop the farther your center of gravity is from the ground. :)

They probably just think dating a short guy means they have to deal with him being all insecure about being short and talking about how unfair it is (ALL THE TIME!!) and how he can kick taller guys ass easily anyway. Or how he always packs a gun, so it doesn't matter how much stronger any guy is.

Edited by Endles
added ALL THE TIME!!