Women feeling "safe" with taller men.

Now factor in the amount of short women snatching up these tall guys leaving tall women with less options.

I'll go ahead and say that even though it's silly, this always pissed me off, especially in high school.

I am 5'9" or 5'10" (depending on my hair or something I guess?). I don't want to look at my date's crown and have to wear flat shows all the time. And so when some little 5'2" be-bopper has the only 6'0" guy in the place, it annoys the crap out of me.

I've always wanted whine about that :)

• Like 1
I said most, not all. Most bouncers at clubs in my area are tall, in my experience. We all make different observations and that's okay. I said in my own post that there are short guys that could take tall guys, and your reply seems like you didn't even notice that. My point was that it's not about actual physical ability, but about the intimidation factor. In my observation, large size can be seen as a deterrent or perceived as a bigger threat to other men. Not all, but enough of them. You may not feel that way, but I've witnessed it plenty of times, so I thought it may be a factor in the "feeling safe" for some women.

I was just trying to give my opinion on why some women may feel safer with taller men, not trying to insult anyone. I have nothing against short men, but do not think it's right when some short men feel that they are automatically entitled to the short women of the world. If a short woman has a preference for tall guys and likes that "safe" feeling, telling her that it's unfair to short guys or proving that short men can fight won't change that, because feelings of attraction aren't logical. If a short woman wants a tall guy, so what? Is she supposed to ignore the men she is genuinely attracted to just so short guys have more options? There are plenty of short guys that do find plenty of women who are very attracted to them, so there is no reason to be angry about someone's preferences.

Everyone has a right to their own preferences but it rubs people the wrong way when a short woman only exclusively wants tall guys. But that said, if a really short woman has that mindset than she must have some insecurities of her own.

And as said there's only 14.5% of men that are 6 feet or taller in the U.S. & most women want a tall guy. So what exactly are these women doing? Are most of them settling? Do a lot of them just sleep around with taken tall guys? I don't get it.

Edited by NJ123
Everyone has a right to their own preferences but it rubs people the wrong way when a short woman only exclusively wants tall guys. But that said, if a really short woman has that mindset than she must have some insecurities of her own.

And as said there's only 14.5% of men that are 6 feet or taller & most women want a tall guy. So what exactly are these women doing? Are most of them settling? Do a lot of them just sleep around with taken tall guys? I don't get it.

Height isn't the only factor in attraction. There are many other physical, intellectual or emotional qualities that attract womem. So a girl won't be settling if she falls in love with him for his other positive qualities, even if she may have initially been attracted to tall guys.

I'm just looking at this from a purely statistically standpoint. I honestly had no idea how much women liked tall men until I started seeing it on their dating profiles, the studies written and all the guys on the internet complaining. When we are rejected, we don't know why, they usually don't tell us. So now I'm wondering what all is on these women's minds. lol

Well to be fair, OLD is mostly awful anyway. I've come across a profile where the woman literally said she hates short men. I think a lot of women really dislike short men from reading a lot of the stuff I have. Insulting them, and calling most of the ones they dated jerks. My friend the other day said to me being a short man in the dating world is equivalent to being a fat woman. I thought that was harsh to say, but it seems he has a point since most guys realistically don't want a fat woman.

Well to be fair, OLD is mostly awful anyway. I've come across a profile where the woman literally said she hates short men. I think a lot of women really dislike short men from reading a lot of the stuff I have. Insulting them, and calling most of the ones they dated jerks. My friend the other day said to me being a short man in the dating world is equivalent to being a fat woman. I thought that was harsh to say, but it seems he has a point since most guys realistically don't want a fat woman.

I don't hate short men. In fact, there was one person I really did like in college, but he was about 5'5". Like I said, I am 5'9" or 5'10" (pretty much always 5'10" then - your 40's does something to your height). He was also extremely thin. Even though I was a size 6 at the time, I always felt like some awkward amazon woman and I couldn't get past it. So for me it isn't about the man. It is about me feeling like some big oaf (think that blond knight woman on Game of Thrones) instead of feeling feminine.

• Like 1
Height isn't the only factor in attraction. There are many other physical, intellectual or emotional qualities that attract womem. So a girl won't be settling if she falls in love with him for his other positive qualities, even if she may have initially been attracted to tall guys.

That to me is still technically settling though. What guy wants to not be her desired preference? I mean would a woman tell the guy she's dating "I really prefer tall guys but I can look past that with you." If she does than I'm sure the guy would start to feel like **** about it.

I'm going to bring in a little reality here. I'm not attractive by conventional standards. I'm not attractive the vast majority women, close to all to be truthful.

I do see short guys with pretty girls all the time.

Who do you think is more screwed, short guy or ugly guy?

I'm 5'8" BTW.

• Like 1
I don't hate short men. In fact, there was one person I really did like in college, but he was about 5'5". Like I said, I am 5'9" or 5'10" (pretty much always 5'10" then - your 40's does something to your height). He was also extremely thin. Even though I was a size 6 at the time, I always felt like some awkward amazon woman and I couldn't get past it. So for me it isn't about the man. It is about me feeling like some big oaf (think that blond knight woman on Game of Thrones) instead of feeling feminine.

But there's no problem in your case for not wanting a short guy since you're a taller woman. That's where it makes sense so there's nothing odd about it.

• Like 1
I'm going to bring in a little reality here. I'm not attractive by conventional standards. I'm not attractive the vast majority women, close to all to be truthful.

I do see short guys with pretty girls all the time.

Who do you think is more screwed, short guy or ugly guy?

I'm 5'8" BTW.

Well, fair enough. But it's still hard for both.

But there's no problem in your case for not wanting a short guy since you're a taller woman. That's where it makes sense so there's nothing odd about it.

HA! I now have it in writing that I am NOT odd. Wait till I tell my teenager! :)

It's off topic, but I always wonder what people mean when they say they are not conventionally attractive. Sometimes that is MORE attractive - they aren't cookie cutters.

• Like 1
I would swap places with you any day.

I highly doubt it in my situation right now lol. I consider myself pretty decent looking though & am in decent physical shape. I might only be 5'6" without shoes as well. License says 5'7" but that might be with shoes on.

HA! I now have it in writing that I am NOT odd. Wait till I tell my teenager! :)

It's off topic, but I always wonder what people mean when they say they are not conventionally attractive. Sometimes that is MORE attractive - they aren't cookie cutters.

I don't think most people have any problem with it. It makes sense for tall women to want tall guys. No one can argue or complain about that.

I have a narrow face, really bad receding hairline, so I shave my head. I don't have much of a jaw and a bit of an underbite.

All I have going for me is my kindness and intellect. I'm usually the guy that girls like only as a friend. You know the friend zone.

I don't think most people have any problem with it. It makes sense for tall women to want tall guys. No one can argue or complain about that.

I meant odd in general....

Yeah, I agree. I remember when one of my best friends went on and on about this guy she met at a ballgame. She talked about how great he was and how tall he was, which kinda annoyed me because she was 5'3".

They got to the party, and this guy who was sooooooo tall was just a bit shorter than me. Tall is relative.

Of course, if I get bad osteoporosis in the nursing home, I can date that 5'5" guy. I wonder where he is......

We live in an age where you can be gunned down in a movie theater watching a Batman movie or for honking your horn at the wrong person.

When do women think being with a tall man will mean they're safe?

women like tall men because in general they have longer c0cks, just like they have longer feet, hands, arms, legs, etc...

organizedchaos

And as said there's only 14.5% of men that are 6 feet or taller in the U.S. & most women want a tall guy. So what exactly are these women doing? Are most of them settling? Do a lot of them just sleep around with taken tall guys? I don't get it.

Just how do you correlate a short woman who only wants a much taller guy as having some deep insecurities or personality issues? It's a preference, that's all. If anyone is projecting deep insecurities it's the short guys around here that blame their lack of success with women on their height rather than looking at their own issues.

• Like 1
CrystalCastles

I feel like I've said this a million times on here already but I'll say it again.

There are a lot of other factors that play into how a woman chooses a man. And there are women who don't care about height at all.

I'm 5'11. I'm dating a man who is 5'5. He's got two black belts. Now tell me how that makes me feel "unsafe". :rolleyes: Plus he's gorgeous, intelligent, respectful, attentive, loving and thoughtful. I wouldn't change a thing about him.

• Like 1
Not this bs again. A woman can get breast implants & can lose weight. A guy can't change his height unless he wants to risk not being able to walk again or be in severe pain.

And a man can just go make a ton of money and get women that way. By your logic, if a woman doesn't get breast implant, she will be at a disadvantage as a man who is short if she has small breast.

When in the real world (not online where people complain, make up stuff, or take few experiences to mean "most") height is just one of SOOOOO many other factors that contribute to attraction. A person could not like you due to the way you speak, your education level, your facial bone structure, the amount of body hair you have, if you are balding, your race/ethnicity, eye color, etc....

And on the same spin, someone could like you for many other reasons. The notion that someone has to be "settling" since they don't get just 1 requirement is very silly and just a reflection of someone being hung up on that aspect. By that very definition, almost the entire population is "settling" because any relationship has a few things they wish or would like that could be a bit different about their partner. They snore, type of food they eat, smell of their gas, a pet peeve, watches a bit too much sports tv, talks too much at time, doesn't give me enough head, anything really. But they "put up with it", so they must be settling right? That's what you are saying, these women with guys not in their tall preference are settling, so in essence just about everyone else is.

• Like 2
And a man can just go make a ton of money and get women that way. By your logic, if a woman doesn't get breast implant, she will be at a disadvantage as a man who is short if she has small breast.

When in the real world (not online where people complain, make up stuff, or take few experiences to mean "most") height is just one of SOOOOO many other factors that contribute to attraction. A person could not like you due to the way you speak, your education level, your facial bone structure, the amount of body hair you have, if you are balding, your race/ethnicity, eye color, etc....

And on the same spin, someone could like you for many other reasons. The notion that someone has to be "settling" since they don't get just 1 requirement is very silly and just a reflection of someone being hung up on that aspect. By that very definition, almost the entire population is "settling" because any relationship has a few things they wish or would like that could be a bit different about their partner. They snore, type of food they eat, smell of their gas, a pet peeve, watches a bit too much sports tv, talks too much at time, doesn't give me enough head, anything really. But they "put up with it", so they must be settling right? That's what you are saying, these women with guys not in their tall preference are settling, so in essence just about everyone else is.

I didn't mean it that way. I meant that if a woman really wants bigger breasts she has the option to do that. Or if she's heavy, she has the chance to lose weight. A guy can't change his height unless he wants to risk severe health complications.

And those other things you mentioned are extremely minor compared to something like height. They don't even compare in importance in dating. So those things are hardly settling compared to something as important to women as height.

It's not a big factor by any means, but it is no different than men feeling more confident or adequate with small women, and there are quite a few of those.

• Like 1

I'm 5'11. I'm dating a man who is 5'5.

you two must be quite the sight to behold, especially if you are wearing heels

I do find taller guys attractive but that certainly doesn't mean shorter men cannot be attractive. My ideal is a guy 6'1 or over BUT if my mister ends up being shorter, I won't cry over it.

Men are hot, tall or short!

• Like 1
I do find taller guys attractive but that certainly doesn't mean shorter men cannot be attractive. My ideal is a guy 6'1 or over BUT if my mister ends up being shorter, I won't cry over it.

Men are hot, tall or short!

This seems to be the case with a lot of women. Where they say they prefer taller men, but still wouldn't mind being with a shorter guy. But would you be willing to admit to the shorter guy that you prefer tall guys but could overlook it with the short guy? I'd prefer to be with a woman that is just completely neutral about height.