The Happy Thread

I am happy that I babysat for 9 month old twins today, one like a little buddha, other all arms and legs. Love smelling babies

I am happy that my son is home for a few days and we sat outside drinking cocktails, eating olives and just catching up. I asked if he has happy memories to put in his memory box for when he is older and he hugged me and says yes. Aww I love being his Mum.

I am happy we have made new friends and are invited to a Mexican meal tomorrow night - I am taking tequila, limes, fresh mint and a pavlova (yay for Waitrose pavlovas)

I am happy that H is smiling again and has nearly stopped beating himself up about ... hmm .. now what was all that about.

Happy for Ana Igma and her forthcoming baby, I need to be a Granny !!

She told me I make her a better mother, because i make her so happy and she can pass it on to her. She loves me even more for that. Im sad we both may be losing that feeling.

White Flower

I am happy to have so many blooms all over my gardens this year. I am finally feeling that I am getting back to 'myself' after D. Life is good.:)

Wow! I love this thread :)

I am happy that when I took my youngest to the strawberry patch and he told everyone that I was the nicest mommy ever and told me he would love me for infinity, for all his lifetimes to come.

I am happy that my boyfriend is coming over tonight to make chocolate cake with me.

I am happy that my husband is. I'm just happy that he is!

I am happy that my husband's boyfriend invited us to his party on Saturday. I had a great time.

I am happy that my eldest son came up to me in his jujitsu class and gave me a hug and a kiss.

SavannahSmiles

I am happy that my H loves me.

I am happy that I have 2 weeks of summer school left and then I'm off for two months!

I'm happy that I have no health problems right now.

I'm happy that LS is a place where people have a place to come to when they are at their lowest. It's very hard to discuss infidelity and other marital issues with just anyone in your life. This is by far my favorite forum community.

White Flower

I am so happy OWoman started this thread. It's a damn happy thread.:):cool::p:D

Happy Sunday all!

From a puppy destroyed garden in lovely sunny Oxford.

I had such a good night, nothing spectacular just laughs with H and lovely cuddly love.

I am happy because I have found fab gold shoes for Friday's Ball. Flat (!!) but lovely. I originally typed golf shoes and thought about leaving it in, but didn't want your idea of my attending a ball in golf shoes to linger :laugh:

I am happy because one of the rambling roses has bloomed all over my front window so I have a lovely view every time.

I am happy, happy because I have finished a lovely memories book for my son (he's 26) full of photos, memories and such and he loved it.

I am happy that I have a day planned of making wee bags with my vintage material.

I am happy that latex makes me look sleek, but cannot help feeling a bit like a seal.

Happy Monday everyone x

White Flower

Hey Seren, what's a wee bag?

I'm happy to hear about the rambling roses. Blooms always make me smile.

Ha Whiteflower !!

A wee bag is not a bag for relieving yourself in, nor is it a bag to discretely hide Tenna ladies in, but a very small bag for wearing around your neck to carry mobile, lipstick etc when out. Saves dancing around your handbag.

Saying that, the menopause has made me wonder if a waterproof wee bag might be a good idea!!

I have made a lovely wee bag for the ball to go with my lovely frock. Champagne silk with black lace overlay and gold corded drawstrings. oh I am so excited. the balls start at 7 pm have a fairground, champagne, drinks free all night, and loads and loads of scrummy food tents including a whole room dedicated to cheese and liquers, oh and a dessert room. Just hope the knee and dodgy throat holds up ... and my ramblers are old English roses, lots of lovely scent and flamboyance.

White Flower
Ha Whiteflower !!

A wee bag is not a bag for relieving yourself in, nor is it a bag to discretely hide Tenna ladies in, but a very small bag for wearing around your neck to carry mobile, lipstick etc when out. Saves dancing around your handbag.

Saying that, the menopause has made me wonder if a waterproof wee bag might be a good idea!!

I have made a lovely wee bag for the ball to go with my lovely frock. Champagne silk with black lace overlay and gold corded drawstrings. oh I am so excited. the balls start at 7 pm have a fairground, champagne, drinks free all night, and loads and loads of scrummy food tents including a whole room dedicated to cheese and liquers, oh and a dessert room. Just hope the knee and dodgy throat holds up ... and my ramblers are old English roses, lots of lovely scent and flamboyance.

Too cute a name for such an elegant sounding bag. You should sell them on ebay, I'd buy one for sure! I always carry similar bags (the name should carry over in the states) because while dancing I hate leaving my essentials (money, cc, phone, toys <kidding>) on the table.

Your ball sounds similar to the great date I posted about recently. I hope you have a wonderful time!

I cut back hundreds of roses yesterday and now the rooms in my house are scented with Double-delights and Blue Girls. Mmmm, love it!

Fallen Angel

I am happy that my sweetheart spent the last three days/nights nursing me back to health as I have been very sick.

I am happy that since the AC in my apt has been broken we sent my kids to spend the nights with their friends (whose ACs are NOT broken) and he got us a motel room so I could recover in cool comfort.

I am happy that he spent the evenings wiping sweat from my fevered forehead and making sure that I was getting plenty of fluids and holding me and stroking my hair while I felt so bad. I am happy I am finally on the mend.

I am happy my daughter turned twelve and while I am not 100 percent I finally feel up to having cake and ice cream.

I am happy I have to go now so we can enjoy celebrating her birthday together. :love::bunny:

I am happy that the sun is shining, the little birds nesting in the tree opposite my house are twittering like mad and the big ginger tom has fallen out the tree at least 9 times, so now avoids climbing it to get to birdies.

I am happy that when I went to the shops someone noticed my new bag and asked where I got it from. ME, I made it, wanna buy one? Yes ... result!!

I am happy that H picked the most beautiful fragrant rose for me this morning before he went to work and left it with a note letting me know how much he loves me.

I am happy that I have agreed to volunteer for abuse crisis centre work, have long buried my demons, glad to help others.

I am happy happy that I found a whole suitcase of shoes I forgot I had in the attic. Yay!!

Glad to hear that FA is feeling better and hope the party went well.

Glad that WF has such beautiful roses to enjoy, read somewhere that blue roses can be made to look bluer if you put food colouring (blue of course) in the water after they have been cut. Don't know if I would like the artifice, but I might try it with a pink one just to see.

I always think that if I were a flower I would be a peony, rounded, blousey, fragrant, but slowly dropping my petals ... I would rather be a gladioli, such loud flowers. Off to take the meds ...

Just a stone's throw

I am happy to wake up and read Seren's posts in the morning. Seren you could write a book and I would read it. I enjoy your written dialect (not sure if that's the right word) and your description of your garden and your love of life.

I hope you enjoy your day for the happiness you've brought to others!

JAST

Fallen Angel

I am happy today.

12 years ago today, I would have never thought that would be possible.

12 years ago today my sweet daughter Cassandra passed away and joined the ranks of angels in heaven.

Each year on this day since then, I have stayed in bed and mourned her loss again as though it was that day 12 years ago again.

Today I woke up, and while still quite sick, I went in and kissed each of my children on the forehead. I told them how much I love them. I told them how special and unique they are, and how blessed I am to have such amazing and wonderful little souls as a part of my life.

Today I woke up and told them how happy they make me.

I am happy that I was able to do this. I am happy that the lesson my sweet Casey was able to teach me was to NOT spend my life in mourning, but in enjoying each and every minute of the life we are given.

I am happy that I finally learned the lesson she had to teach in her short time here with me.

I will be even more happy if other people can use this day to also tell their children how special and wonderful they are. If even just a few of you take a few moments to hug your kids, call them, email them, text them and tell them how grateful you are that they are yours, then Casey's lesson will have touched the lives of more than just those of us who had the gift of knowing her.

Today, I am happy.

FA- Beautiful post. I am happy for you.

I too lost someone dear several years ago. I learned then through a dear friend that I did not honor my loved one with my tears and my grief. I honored them by living, being the best person I could be, someone they would be proud of. I've not always done that to the best of my ability, so your post is a good reminder.

FA, I am so very sad to hear about your Cassandra, how lucky you and yours were to have known her. I hope you all have a day of happy rememberings and shared memories. Much cwtch's to you all x

A cwtch is Welsh for a hug that helps you to feel safe and all wrapped up.

Thank you JAST, yep, I love life, always have, don't sweat the small things and try to find something new to add to my box of bright sparkly things called memories every day.

• Author
I am happy today.

12 years ago today my sweet daughter Cassandra passed away and joined the ranks of angels in heaven.

Each year on this day since then, I have stayed in bed and mourned her loss again as though it was that day 12 years ago again.

Today I woke up, and while still quite sick, I went in and kissed each of my children on the forehead. I told them how much I love them. I told them how special and unique they are, and how blessed I am to have such amazing and wonderful little souls as a part of my life.

I am happy that I was able to do this. I am happy that the lesson my sweet Casey was able to teach me was to NOT spend my life in mourning, but in enjoying each and every minute of the life we are given.

I am happy that I finally learned the lesson she had to teach in her short time here with me.

I will be even more happy if other people can use this day to also tell their children how special and wonderful they are. If even just a few of you take a few moments to hug your kids, call them, email them, text them and tell them how grateful you are that they are yours, then Casey's lesson will have touched the lives of more than just those of us who had the gift of knowing her.

Today, I am happy.

This is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it :love:

• Author

I am sad that I had to say goodbye to one of my dearest, closest friends at the end of his visit, but very very happy that he came all the way to visit!

I'm happy that our social calendar is completely full - just hope I can still meet all my deadlines.... :eek:

I'm happy everyone is enjoying their gardens, and not suffering too much hayfever!!

From a lovely Sunny Oxford

I am happy to report that I have finally managed to play Baker Street on my sax, previously, I only knew the tune from Hovis (Brits will know what I mean. It sounds like Baker Street to me, to my dogs, it just makes them yowl, puppy almost pees her pants when I take the sax case out.

I am also happy that OWoman started this thread and we can all share in what makes us happy.

Happy days people's.

Hope it's okay to gatecrash. I've not read this thread because it started at a time I wanted to bury myself in bed and never come out again. Ever!! But I'm not like that now.

- I'm happy that I took my music in to the bathroom today and had my first singalonga shower in yonks.

- I'm happy I have my second counselling session today and that it cannot be anywhere near as harrowing as Operation Blurt-Snivel last week.

- I'm happy my son is doing well at school and his keeping his 2 chosen sports up and is still a bundle of love and fun to be around.

- I'm happy I have started dealing with bills and letters and things that I have been 'pretending not to notice'.

- I'm happy that a good friend of mine came to do some gardening for me AND he secreted a supermarket 'takeaway package' in my fridge so I wouldn't have to cook tonight.

- I'm happy that now my priorities are re-aligning post-relationship, I seem to be getting more done at work and feel my passion for the job/company very slowly coming back.

:)

I am happy to report that I have finally managed to play Baker Street on my sax

Wow! Well done!

Happy very early Sunday Morning.

I am happy that ball went brilliantly, my ballgown looked lush, but had so many comments on my breasts (all good) that I ended up pulling my top up all night (except for later on when cocktails meant I really didn't give a toss who looked at them) .. it wasn't that low.

I am happy that H was on top form and had me laughing all night - God I love MY MM (well it is me he is married to). He also looked tres sexy in his mess dress.

I am happy that I took my fit flops to wear after shoes totally did my knee and feet in.

I am happy that Mac Donalds make yummy hangover breakfasts, even ignored the sloppy service which usually leaves me in a menopausal rant, just got to love those hot flush rages!!

I am now off to bed for a lovely sleep and our traditional Sunday morning lie in snuggles ...

Ahh life is sooooo good. Happy Days

GreenEyedLady

I am happy that I get to see my dad tomorrow because he is the best dad in the entire world!

I am happy that whenever I had a flat tire or a blow out or needed help (like moving for the umpteenth time) my dad was there to help me out! (Unfortunately, this happened more than a couple times.)

And I bet that he is happy that I'm someone else's problem now!

I am happy that I have two interviews this week and if it works out, I'll be closer to my family! I miss them!

Hug your dad's tomorrow if you're lucky enough to still have them around!

GEL

White Flower
I am happy today.

Today, I am happy.

What a beautiful post. Your children are very lucky to have you as their mother.

I am lucky myself. My youngest daughter at 15 still likes to kiss me on the lips and hold my hand in public. She looks like she's ten (I wish her body did too!) and she is still so so innocent unlike many of her friends.

I am very happy to have such wonderful, beautiful children. Thank you for reminding me of that FA:)