The Happy Thread

Fallen Angel

I am Happy to know on this Memorial Day that guys like these are protecting my freedoms all around the world. :D

pureinheart
I am Happy to know on this Memorial Day that guys like these are protecting my freedoms all around the world. :D

I am happy that you posted this :laugh:

I am happy to be free

I am happy to continue working on being hasppy and appreciating every second of everyday!

Fallen Angel
I am happy that you posted this :laugh:

I am happy to be free

I am happy to continue working on being hasppy and appreciating every second of everyday!

That video makes me giggle because so many of my friends are military (esp marines) and they are JUST LIKE THAT all the time... they make me happy! I am so glad I have so many friends that love to make me giggle!

• Author

I'm happy - and profoundly thankful - to have a H who loves me so much :love: and I wish that everyone's Rs could work out for them as well as mine has for me :love: :love:

White Flower
I'm happy - and profoundly thankful - to have a H who loves me so much :love: and I wish that everyone's Rs could work out for them as well as mine has for me :love: :love:

I am very happy that somebody finally made OWoman's heart melt! I am so enjoying watching you gush with love and adoration for him.:)

• Author
I am very happy that somebody finally made OWoman's heart melt! I am so enjoying watching you gush with love and adoration for him.:)

I'm not on the Pill :)

• Author

I'm feeling smugly comfortable after the most blissful massage from my H this morning :love:

Happy that the sun is shining, not so that Maggie the lab puppy has dug a humungous hole in the lawn

I am happy that our never go to sleep on an argument, still holds true

I am happy, happy that H bought me a surprise beautiful Welsh gold wedding ring (has cariad on inside which is Welsh for beloved, sweetheart) I threw the other into the Irish sea

I am happy that my poorly knee doesn't need ugly support when I am lying down (!!)

I am happy that even after 26 years and all we have been through that my H still makes me go all Aww!! and just blows me away

I am speaking for H but am sure that he is happy that after all this time etc that I sure can still blow him away too ....

Ok so I am having my own Happy thread moment, just keep blaming the chemicals.

I am so happy (and relieved) that I can start dropping some chemicals and can start back down the gym.

I am happy that due to gym inactivity the only muscles I could safely work on are those you can do on the bus, anywhere (think about it) and said muscles are so buff can crack nuts at a 100 paces.

I am happy that we are planning a wild camping trip (really it's what it is called, not orgy camping stuff) to the Highlands of Scotland

I am happy I have designed a more feminine knee support, H's rugby one just looked so wrong

I am happy that the sun is shining, the birds are a singing and I have tracked down a new wine merchant, lots of lovely vino tonight

Have a fab weekend people

White Flower
i am HAPPY I am going on vacation tomorrow!!!! YAY!

Enjoy your time girl!

crazycatlady

I'm so happy that my daughter's 10th birthday party was a smash

I'm so happy that afterwards my husband went and got me stuff to make margaritas and the first batch I made is like perfection in taste. :D

GreenEyedLady

I am so happy that school is almost out (5 more days) and I'm almost done with my finals! Then it's vacay with my honey! Sheesh, I REALLY need one this year!!!

White Flower
I am so happy that school is almost out (5 more days) and I'm almost done with my finals! Then it's vacay with my honey! Sheesh, I REALLY need one this year!!!

I'm happy you're going on a well deserved vacation. Enjoy!:)

I am happy that we have finally booked our 2 weeks in our caravan. We are going to Dartmoor, fab. H has visions of walking, rock climbing. I prefer, reading books and gin.

I am happy that my new designs for vintage tops have orders

I am happy that I finally sorted out my wardrobe, far, far too many clothes (did I really say that)?

I am happy that I have been asked to lecture on an ad hoc basis in an Oxford University, woo woo !!

I am happy that H is looking so foxy with his tan ... mm, eye candy on tap

I am happy that the hairdresser actually listened to what I wanted and have sharp new haircut

I am happy that my larkspur and roses decided to flower together lovely

• Author
I am happy that we have finally booked our 2 weeks in our caravan. We are going to Dartmoor, fab.

prison?? :eek: :eek: Don't they provide accommodation any more - you have to bring your own? :p

Enjoy, Seren - I hope your oesophagus is up to the gin...

• Author

I'm happy because I'm warm indoors, not out in the grey blowy outside.

And my H should be back soon :)

crazycatlady

I am happy because when I got up this morning I discovered my H left me something on the computer, something personal that he knew I would enjoy wearing. ;)

OK CCl, was it placed on the computer, or a picture of something? I am intrigued and nosey.

OWoman - yes Dartmoor and my son also said not the prison!! H has images of hiking, sitting outside in great big walking boots and much bracing fresh air. I, on the other hand, have an image of me sitting outside in the sunshine (sans sunhat) in my new sparkly fit flops, a few really good books on the e reader, olives, picnic food and huge G&T's, complete with ice and lemon.

One of us is going to be disappointed, I will have to hide the Lands End and Blacks catalogues from him. I'm thinking more Boden woman than fleece and velour.

I am now distracted by the local footie team training in the field behind my house ..... ahh, nubile young, fit men, I remember it well.

I am so excited!

So, I am very close to done with my bachelor's degree in terms of credit hours left. When I originally went in (eight years ago, yes, it has taken me this long. I was working 40-60 hours a week until my son was born, and then, of course, my son...), I wanted to go on to med school.

Years, and years later... I was sure I would never go. My husband had told me time and time again there was no way because I am not intelligent enough. School was taking me longer than I expected, dropping back to half time, my GPA wasn't great. There were lots of missed classes when my husband told me he wouldn't watch our son last second.

So, shortly after I met my MM (soon to be not married!) he encouraged me to keep studying for it. I had quite a bit in the background through the years, because this has always been my interest. Even if I were to never pursue it as a career, I wanted to immerse myself in it. We did some studying together, and he would take my son out to the park, or take the day off and take him to the zoo, etc. The support was amazing.

In May, I took the mcats for the first time.

Scores were released a week ago. Hard to believe with my impatient waiting, but I totally forgot. Everything going on, and I didn't even remember.

He reminded me, and we logged in together this morning when we got back in.

I did really well!!! Obviously, there's a lot that goes into admissions, but it looks like I will be able to get in even with a GPA that is not quite as high as my peers. Physical sciences was my weakest, which is no surprise, but it was still much higher than I was expecting, and well above where it would be considered a handicap.

Also, because of the support of my wonderful love, if I want to now, or want to later (Later has the benefit that I can wait until my son is older and I want less to be at home with him; though, it will require retaking the mcats), I can attend. I am sure my stbx-husband would never allow that, and as a single mom it would be very impossible... not to mention, I can't imagine the support as great as my sweetheart has shown consistently.

For the longest time, things felt really dark in my life, except for the shining ray of my son. All of the sudden, things seems to be coming up in my direction left and right. Everything is going my way. Having him in my life has a lot to do with that. I am so very, very happy.

(By the way, "MM" says hi! He's reading over me before heading off to work.)

crazycatlady
OK CCl, was it placed on the computer, or a picture of something? I am intrigued and nosey.

OWoman - yes Dartmoor and my son also said not the prison!! H has images of hiking, sitting outside in great big walking boots and much bracing fresh air. I, on the other hand, have an image of me sitting outside in the sunshine (sans sunhat) in my new sparkly fit flops, a few really good books on the e reader, olives, picnic food and huge G&T's, complete with ice and lemon.

One of us is going to be disappointed, I will have to hide the Lands End and Blacks catalogues from him. I'm thinking more Boden woman than fleece and velour.

I am now distracted by the local footie team training in the field behind my house ..... ahh, nubile young, fit men, I remember it well.

Seren - it was placed on my laptop because he knows its the first thing I go to in the morning when I get up. I log into FB and shoot off the first email of the day to him. Anyway, it was physically on the computer.

I'm happy that my trip back to my hometown is getting closer even if it means I will miss my H during that time.

CCL

I am happy that I am two weeks from my due date, and so far the baby seems healthy. :bunny: Can't wait to see his face!

Also, my H bought me flowers for no reason the other day. :D He's slowly but consistently becoming more and more like the man I knew before this past year.

• Author

I'm happy because my H is taking the earlier train home :)

I'm happy because an old, very dear friend from home just logged on to Skype and chatted with me all afternoon (deadlines be damned!)

I'm happy because there is finally some sunshine in the garden and the bunnies are playing :)