The Happy Thread

Happy Christmas to everyone, I hope that you all have the best time, remember what it is all about, but also enjoy the goodies too.

I have gone for home crafted gifts for everyone this year (except for H's Banjo), tomorrow is truffle, Brioche, Cranberry and Port jelly making in preparation for making up gifts for friends and neighbours. The Laird has given all his 'people' a side of beef, which was kind, and a shared fishing permission for a very exclusive river beat, so fishing will be my next thing to learn.

Me and he are as happy as pigs in poo and go on and on making our future bright and lovely. I think love, happiness and laughter are what I wish for all, 2012 is going to be my year for pay it forwards.

Happy times all. seren xx

• 3 weeks later...
White Flower

My life is abundantly full. Receiving accolades at work, being praised by my kids, and spending more time with my honey than I could ever want or need. Just very blessed.

Also very grateful that my kids and family enjoyed getting to know my sweetheart over the holidays. He's fitting in so well.

Best holiday season ever. Lots of friends and family over on Christmas Eve enjoying the large assortment of good food and Christmas cookies I prepared. We had drinks and played games all day and evening and exchanged gifts.

Also just did a refinance on the property and got an incredibly low interest rate which will give us more disposable income for the ongoing remodeling. Next is the bathroom now that the livingroom, bedroom, and dining room are completed.

My sweetheart and I are so very happy together and are going to take a break from the renovations for a bit to start playing music and getting some songs ready to play at some local venues. Life is good!

We had a lovely Christmas, all very traditional. Just me, he and the animals, we had an early Christmas too when our son came home for a few days. Neighbours and friends loved the home made pressies and orders have followed, so all good there. I got my viola, a lovely toned one too, well it is when I get it right, haven't played for eons so much practising going on which pees the cat off much, however, I tend to get an audience of pheasants, at least that means they are escaping the shoots that are going on.

H had his banjo, hmmmm, much practising needed methinks. We spent 3 days just us and then had open house. new Year's Eve was at a Ceilidh and was great to dress up once again.

My business is slowly taking off, I have introduced cashmere stuff into my stock, still hate using my old fabric, but I take a deep breath and then cut. All in all a very lovely time with my very lovely husband.

Happy Days x

After nearly nine months, this thread is very tired, with many off topic posts. Let's let it rest. Thanks to all who participated.