The Happy Thread

Flat peaches, yum, I miss Waitrose as they always stocked my favourite goodies, but the local grocer stocks these.

The evil mad cow with the red eyes broke through the fence and started eating my plum tree, it wasn't too impressed by my yip, yip cowgirl impersonation, my little lab added to the mayhem by chasing her tail and trying to eat flies, but my lovely big boy Lab, who is so sweet and gentle gave two macho barks and evil cow thundered back through the fence. Phew was I glad, I am not a fan of cows nor they me. Fence repaired so I am happy.

My new paper and crystals arrived today along with a mahoussive new printer for my wedding invite business. Portfolio to put together and an idea for fabric invites waiting to be done. I love doing new stuff.

I have an old printers tray in which I put a very small thing from our favourite walks, starting a new one which has a few lovely shells and stones and sea glass, love these memory boards.

I have contacted the game dealer who has agreed to sell me deer antlers for making a chandelier with them as a bonus he gave me a bag of pheasant feathers, I have one adorning my battered hat which makes me feel happy even if I look bizarre.

Busy weekend planned, yet more decorating and unpacking, but I am planning a surprise meal out for me and H just so I can do dress up. I miss my heels!!

Happy days all Seren xx

• Author

I'm happy that the News of the World got it's come-uppance! (Though I'd be happier if the entire Murdoch dynasty were to spontaneously combust...)

And I'm happy I remembered to close the sun-roof on the car before the downpour earlier :eek:

donnamaybe

I'm happy my sweet man was so proud to have me on his arm as he squired me about our local festival last night. He told me several times how good I looked in my new dress as he caressed my back lovingly. :love:

• Author
Happy that there's still a happy place to post!

Happy that MM spent 4th of July with me and my kids.

Happy that we're spending tomorrow evening with friends on a double date.

Happy!

I'm really happy that WF is getting her happy back! :love: There's been altogether too much stress and difficulty and no one as sweet and caring as WF deserves that kind of crap!

• Author
Flat peaches, yum, I miss Waitrose as they always stocked my favourite goodies, but the local grocer stocks these.

No Waitrose here in the sticks, but there are a few good markets around!

The evil mad cow with the red eyes broke through the fence and started eating my plum tree, it wasn't too impressed by my yip, yip cowgirl impersonation, my little lab added to the mayhem by chasing her tail and trying to eat flies, but my lovely big boy Lab, who is so sweet and gentle gave two macho barks and evil cow thundered back through the fence. Phew was I glad, I am not a fan of cows nor they me. Fence repaired so I am happy.

I love cows, but it's mostly sheep in these parts. Cows are more interactive, typically - though some breeds of sheep are more inquisitive. Young cows have just moved in next door, and I haven't finished fixing the dry stone wall yet so they may soon be in the garden :eek: eating what fruit the birds and wee beasties have left.

Seren, you do realise that cows just love those japanese quinces, don't you? If you're wanting to keep the cows away, you may need to hide that shrub... :laugh:

White Flower
I'm really happy that WF is getting her happy back! :love: There's been altogether too much stress and difficulty and no one as sweet and caring as WF deserves that kind of crap!
Thank you O!

I'm glad LS STILL has this happy thread to post on. You're a genius for starting it.:D

Silly_Girl

I feel very lucky. My relationship keeps getting better. I feel a little bowled over at times... I'm not one to take such things for granted. So I'm feeling lucky, therefore HAPPY!! :)

• Author
I feel very lucky. My relationship keeps getting better. I feel a little bowled over at times... I'm not one to take such things for granted. So I'm feeling lucky, therefore HAPPY!! :)

Long may that continue! :D

White Flower

So happy to see a different side to fMM. I think I'll now call him SM (Separated Man). We went shopping for a new TV in his hometown and he was all over me like white on rice. I half expected him to be reserved but he was very comfortable in his skin. He's seeing for himself that separation wasn't such a big hurdle, and that makes me very happy.:love:

• Author
So happy to see a different side to fMM. I think I'll now call him SM (Separated Man). We went shopping for a new TV in his hometown and he was all over me like white on rice. I half expected him to be reserved but he was very comfortable in his skin. He's seeing for himself that separation wasn't such a big hurdle, and that makes me very happy.:love:

Maybe he was hoping he'd be seen and word would get back to his BS, who is no doubt hoping he's sitting in a dark hole somewhere sobbing his eyes out?

Anyway, happy things are going well for you :love:

I'm happy my new shoes fit so comfortably :)

White Flower
Maybe he was hoping he'd be seen and word would get back to his BS, who is no doubt hoping he's sitting in a dark hole somewhere sobbing his eyes out?

Anyway, happy things are going well for you :love:

I'm happy my new shoes fit so comfortably :)

Thanks O, and I'm happy your new shoes fit.:)
silktricks
I'm happy that the News of the World got it's come-uppance! (Though I'd be happier if the entire Murdoch dynasty were to spontaneously combust...)

I'm happy that someone agrees with me on this!!! :)

Aaaannnnndddd, I'm happy because I got some good news from my doctor. Things are looking up... (though the side-effects of my current medicine is still kicking my butt :()

• Author

Aaaannnnndddd, I'm happy because I got some good news from my doctor. Things are looking up... (though the side-effects of my current medicine is still kicking my butt :()

I am embarrassed at a misplaced apostrophe in my post that Silk quoted! :o

Happy about Silk's good medical news, but less happy about the continued side effects. :(

White Flower
Double rainbows.:love:
Happy to see that your avie is of a strong woman who overcomes personal struggle. Keep on keepin' on bent!
bentnotbroken
Happy to see that your avie is of a strong woman who overcomes personal struggle. Keep on keepin' on bent!

I like you interpretation. Right now it is of a strong woman who trying her damnest to run as fast as she can from the house full of kids getting on my last nerve, eating everything in site, playing video (Micheal Jackson)games and playing music too dag gone loud. :mad:

White Flower
I like you interpretation. Right now it is of a strong woman who trying her damnest to run as fast as she can from the house full of kids getting on my last nerve, eating everything in site, playing video (Micheal Jackson)games and playing music too dag gone loud. :mad:

Tee hee, BTDT. I'd run too except for the Michael Jackson music. Always makes me wanna get my groove on!

bentnotbroken
Tee hee, BTDT. I'd run too except for the Michael Jackson music. Always makes me wanna get my groove on!

Not when you have heard the same song for the last hour and a half. They are at one of the higher levels and trying to beat the game. If I hear Momma BNB do you have........one more time, I am going to beat somebody :p

I am happy that Whiteflower is very happy and beginning a new chapter, I so hope it has a happy ending for you xx Much love.

Today was spent moving boxes, moving the chickens onto the new veg plot, well it will be when they have scratched it up. They have their little jumpers on as today was too cold for two of the baldy one's. I forgot to close the coop door and they got out so spent ages rounding them up with a long dock plant. H all but peed his pants at my falling over my undone laces. A happy time x

I have an invite to the big house for a day where people get together and offer services in return for another (not those services) a sort of barter system. I am wondering what I can barter, I am thinking a cake or two and the promise of oodles of jam or chutney as long as it's plum. Meeting new people always makes me happy.

My son's biological father is visiting the UK from the States, he dropped out of his life over 20 years ago and now wants to see him. My heart says no, please don't hurt him, my mouth is saying yes you should go, he his your family .... if he hurts my boy I shall unleash seven shades of hell on him. His wife is nice and so I am hoping she keeps it all nice. If so, I shall be happy for him to have more people who love him. How can they not?

Little Lab won the waggiest tail competition and Big Lab Best in Show at the local dog show. he is a beauty and so gentle, she is just mad as a box of frogs. So proud of my lovely dogs. Lovely picnic, much laughter and I found myself wanting a horse .... oh no!!

H has been the sweetest man today, he is always lovely but today he surpased himself. He showed me the forget me not I gave him 24 years ago, all safe in his wallet, he gave me one pressed in a frame ... as if I could or would ever forget my lovely man. Great big gentle bear that he is. To be in love and loved is the best.

Happy Days all x Seren

White Flower
I am happy that Whiteflower is very happy and beginning a new chapter, I so hope it has a happy ending for you xx Much love.

Today was spent moving boxes, moving the chickens onto the new veg plot, well it will be when they have scratched it up. They have their little jumpers on as today was too cold for two of the baldy one's. I forgot to close the coop door and they got out so spent ages rounding them up with a long dock plant. H all but peed his pants at my falling over my undone laces. A happy time x

I have an invite to the big house for a day where people get together and offer services in return for another (not those services) a sort of barter system. I am wondering what I can barter, I am thinking a cake or two and the promise of oodles of jam or chutney as long as it's plum. Meeting new people always makes me happy.

My son's biological father is visiting the UK from the States, he dropped out of his life over 20 years ago and now wants to see him. My heart says no, please don't hurt him, my mouth is saying yes you should go, he his your family .... if he hurts my boy I shall unleash seven shades of hell on him. His wife is nice and so I am hoping she keeps it all nice. If so, I shall be happy for him to have more people who love him. How can they not?

Little Lab won the waggiest tail competition and Big Lab Best in Show at the local dog show. he is a beauty and so gentle, she is just mad as a box of frogs. So proud of my lovely dogs. Lovely picnic, much laughter and I found myself wanting a horse .... oh no!!

H has been the sweetest man today, he is always lovely but today he surpased himself. He showed me the forget me not I gave him 24 years ago, all safe in his wallet, he gave me one pressed in a frame ... as if I could or would ever forget my lovely man. Great big gentle bear that he is. To be in love and loved is the best.

Happy Days all x Seren

Did I hear somebody mention plum chutney? Mmm!

Thank you for the kind wishes, and I send them right back as I think of your son spending time with his natural father. Perhaps a positive new chapter for them both, I sure hope so.

I love hearing about the silly moments you and your lovely man share in the garden. I can just picture it all!

Last week my guy took on the task of resetting the timers on my sprinkler system. He's so serious, and so methodical in his work, and a week later I have a much greener lawn! Love that man!

Happy you're happy. :)

Happy for you my friend. I'm happy you're feeling so good with you SM and life is falling into place for y'all. :)

Yay on the good news! Side effects are a bitch. And yanno, a lot of drugs entered the market as a new drug based on the side effects that were unexpected. So consider yourself a possible medical discovery if that happens!

Did I hear somebody mention plum chutney? Mmm!

Thank you for the kind wishes, and I send them right back as I think of your son spending time with his natural father. Perhaps a positive new chapter for them both, I sure hope so.

I love hearing about the silly moments you and your lovely man share in the garden. I can just picture it all!

Last week my guy took on the task of resetting the timers on my sprinkler system. He's so serious, and so methodical in his work, and a week later I have a much greener lawn! Love that man!

Happy you're happy. :)

I know what you mean bout Seren's posts. Though I don't say it, I read and always smile when I read her Happy posts. I picture her too in the scenarios she posts. Keep it up Seren!

I'm slowly getting happier day by day for reasons I can't post atm.

That's my Happy post! :bunny:

• Author
I'm slowly getting happier day by day for reasons I can't post atm.

That's my Happy post! :bunny:

I don't care WHY you're happy, Red, but I do care THAT you are. This is good news :love:

I'm happy I had such a wonderful day with friends yesterday. :)

I'm happy for White Flower. I hope everything goes well for her and their future is rosy. I'm happy, too, for Ms. Red, and hope things continue to make her even happier. :)

I'm happy reading this happy thread, and happy that OWoman started it (and that the moderators let it keep going).

I'm happy that it's a beautiful day today. The clouds look like a zillion little puff balls in the sky. I'm happy that my hubby and I had a great weekend, spending time together on the water with our lines dangling down trying to entice fish - but I'm also happy that we didn't actually catch any :laugh: (I'm too lazy these days to can anything... ;))

How did I miss this wonderful thread?

Whiteflower, I am so happy for you! You exhibited so much patience and grace in your wait. God, you deserve every happiness.

Seren, good luck with the critters. I too had a houseful of animals once, and today they all run free in heaven, leaving me when they reached a healthy old age of natural causes. I am proud of that.

Silk, good luck with the new meds. Your strength inspires me.

My baby boy (23) returned from the UK last week after completing a college externship. We so missed him. We always do, but I have to keep reminding myself that if you do parenting right, you raise them to leave you to live independent lives of their own.....sigh....

Bent, someday, I know you do not believe it, you will miss the noise and aggravations of having them home. The house grows a little too clean and becomes a little too quiet....

We leave for vacation tomorrow having been given last minute access to my uncle's lake house and the whole kitnkaboodle are coming; my grown children, their spouses and SOs, my first grandchild (4 months old and his smile sends us right over the moon!) and my mother who now suffers from dementia and cannot be left alone.

While I will probably NEED a vacation when I return from all this family togetherness :cool:, I am grateful that we will have this time together. It becomes most rare as they have their own lives to attend to.

My H had the entire first floor of our home redone as a surprise for me! They started after Easter and hopefully will finish while we are away. It is beautiful, and we speak of all the holidays, birthdays, and barbecues and future events we want to host.

I am so grateful for where I/we are today. I feel like one of the truly lucky ones.