The Happy Thread

H had an unexpected morning off work, which meant an unexpected lie in, with the rain lashing down and us being all snug and cuddled up in our lovely new bed. I love long lie in's and the ritual of breakfast in bed with my lovely man. Happy start to the day.

Last day before our son heads off back to London, he won't get home for a good few months so am planning a lovely meal for later. Having him home has been lovely, I love having my two men home, much fun and laughter. We have had a lovely happy time, I shall so miss my boy.

Unpacked the dresses today and reflected that I have far too many, will probably not wear most of them again so am packing them up and storing in the hope that one day I will have a grand daughter who will love them. Told H I will sell them but he says to keep them and remember the good times they have represented. I may keep a few and plan some lovely at home dress up dinners.

I have discovered cashmere socks, how did I manage without them? it helps there is a cashmere factory not too far away with a lovely shop. Hmm, I predict many happy hours 'browsing'.

Off to bed, insomnia again! but prefer counting sheep snuggled up with H than sat on the sofa watching the clock tick.

Happy Days Seren xx

I am so happy. We are expecting! I'm in my third trimester. The baby is healthy and progressing very nicely. It took me awhile to get over the shock but once I did, I haven't been able to stop smiling. We weren't trying. Heck we were thinking about all the traveling we were going to do now that DS is an adult.

I can't even come up with the words to describe how it feels when the baby kicks me. Amazing is the best word I can come up. It is just incredible. We're waiting for the baby to arrive to find out if it is a boy or a girl.

I'm happy being myself now after my break up :-)

Very happy to meet someone who have positive attitude and keep it healthy life...

Fascinating to travel around the world, and meet new people..

but if I meet someone special from LS, why not....

We live once, don't ever feel regret what past bring us till we are now...

keep smiling for who you love...life is too short to be sad

:)

• Author

I am happy at a friend's good news, excited at future prospects and hopeful of positive outcomes.

I'm happy to be seeing dear friends tonight. Happier to be returning home with my beloved H. :love:

I've survived a biatch of a working week, and now my gorgeous men and I are going to journey-plan the holiday we just booked for next month.

One of them will cook, one will fetch me a glass of plonk.... Bliss! :love:

• Author

I had a wonderful weekend with my wonderful H :love:

I'm happy that we finally had a bit of sunshine, and a bit of warmth. Perhaps summer will finally arrive one day.

I'm happy that I beat the local wildlife to the ripe raspberries :)

I'm thrilled to be bursting with inspiration and eager to get going...

White Flower
I am happy at a friend's good news, excited at future prospects and hopeful of positive outcomes.

:love:

I'm going to pretend that you are talking about me here, and with that I am happy to have friends like you who would be happy for me, who would cheer me on, and who would support me through the ups and downs.

I'm so happy to have a friend like you Owoman.:love:

• Author
I'm going to pretend that you are talking about me here, and with that I am happy to have friends like you who would be happy for me, who would cheer me on, and who would support me through the ups and downs.

:o Busted! I was indeed speaking about you, WF :love: But I didn't want to speak out of turn so kept it nameless. But no less happy for all that :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I'm so happy to have a friend like you Owoman.:love:

Entirely mutual :love: I just wish you were nearer!

White Flower
:o Busted! I was indeed speaking about you, WF :love: But I didn't want to speak out of turn so kept it nameless. But no less happy for all that :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Entirely mutual :love: I just wish you were nearer!

Be careful what you wish for. I'm busting out both piggy bank and calendar and planning to buy two tickets to Paradise:bunny:

• Author

I'm happy because I had a really good day of work. Got some great data and met some lovely people.

I spent far too long (and far too much... :o ) at the hardware shop, but am now ready to tackle the neglected bathroom and to start stretching some canvases. I'm looking forward to a busy day tomorrow :)

The rest of the UK has been sweltering in heatwaves, we have had to chop wood like crazy to feed the woodburner to keep warm. It is Summertime Scotland!!

We have bats in the workshop! The chap who was to convert it into my new workshop has said we aren't allowed to move them. Bat Guano on my vintage fabrics just will not do. Time to call out Batman to tell me what to do next.

I have had so much fun watching the chickens, we have had an enormous run built to stop my mad dog wanting to play with them. Rita Henworth is the top bird, much fluffing up of baldy feathers and sashaying around. Now girls, time for eggs for me please.

I have discovered a bush with small apple like fruits on it, tisn't an apple, I am a bit stumped, will have to wait until they grow some.

Ordered a whole heap of David Austin English roses today, now all I have to do is weed the flower garden. Cutting the hedges took a whole weekend, it's like cleaning out the Aegean stables, but we are so, so happy.

It is so lovely that H is no longer in the military, comes home for lunch each day and gets home early enough for a beer and chat while playing with the dogs.

Just ordered a huge amount of fabric to make vintage wedding garters, won't use my leg to model as I am sure I would run out of lace!!

Happy Days seren x

• Author
The rest of the UK has been sweltering in heatwaves, we have had to chop wood like crazy to feed the woodburner to keep warm. It is Summertime Scotland!!

We have bats in the workshop! The chap who was to convert it into my new workshop has said we aren't allowed to move them. Bat Guano on my vintage fabrics just will not do. Time to call out Batman to tell me what to do next.

I have had so much fun watching the chickens, we have had an enormous run built to stop my mad dog wanting to play with them. Rita Henworth is the top bird, much fluffing up of baldy feathers and sashaying around. Now girls, time for eggs for me please.

I have discovered a bush with small apple like fruits on it, tisn't an apple, I am a bit stumped, will have to wait until they grow some.

Ordered a whole heap of David Austin English roses today, now all I have to do is weed the flower garden. Cutting the hedges took a whole weekend, it's like cleaning out the Aegean stables, but we are so, so happy.

It is so lovely that H is no longer in the military, comes home for lunch each day and gets home early enough for a beer and chat while playing with the dogs.

Just ordered a huge amount of fabric to make vintage wedding garters, won't use my leg to model as I am sure I would run out of lace!!

Happy Days seren x

No heatwave here either :( Though we did have a day or two of OK weather (ie, no rain. My standards have had to adjust to UK climate).

Your bush sounds familiar. We have one too - the cows love eating it, I've no idea what it is and a friend who's a horticulturist had never seen it either. A Dutch friend recognised it but couldn't remember the name, so I'm hoping it comes to him at some point.

You are so lucky to have bats! We have some in the hedgerows, but have had no luck attracting them to our bat boxes.

I'm happy that I managed to get some sleep last night, despite the racket the sheep were making :rolleyes:

I'm very happy that the physio thinks the prognosis is good. I reckon my golf game will improve and I've so missed summertime badminton with my son.

Happy our climbing roses are starting to look at home.

Happy my son got grade A for his first piece of GCSE work (in his least favourite subject!).

Happy to be planning a big birthday BBQ.

Happy the sun is shining.

:D

Silly_Girl

It's the most beautiful morning here. Haven't seen a morning this gorgeous for a VERY long time. Roll on the weekend! :D

donnamaybe

My baby is taking me out tonight for a nice dinner after he gets off work, then fun with a large number of mutual friends at our favorite hangout. The sun is shining, the birds are singing, my new hanging baskets that I planted are beginning to flourish, and the hummingbirds are swarming my feeders. It's a BEAUTIFUL day! :)

Insomnia has me still awake and it's 5 ish in the morning, boy am I tired, but we have decided to take an early trek to the beach with the dogs. Little Lab has never seen the sea, so I am anticipating much excitement from her and much wet dog later.

We sat on the harbour wall last night eating our Friday night fish and chips watching dolphins leap and twirl in a lovely calm sea. Followed by an ice cream , it still feels like we are on an extended holiday and I am feeling that nothing will go wrong. I have a reality check when life gets dammed good that says, don't get too comfy, but I am finally getting to understand that life really is this good. Happy, muchly

The old man came back yesterday he brought an old photograph from around 1860 of the people who used to live here. We had tea and cake in the garden while he told me stories about him and his now deceased wife. It was lovely, but so sad for him as he obviously gets comfort being here. He is bringing people who used to live nearby, before long I shall be on the old person's day centre trips!! must stock up on the custard creams.

Another big gardening day today, it's never ending and the house is nowhere ready yet, but we take advantage of the fine weather and I enjoy seeing it all done. Happy weekend anticipated.

Great thread this, so nice to share happiness, it's infectious.

Happy Weekend all Seren xx

Little Lab has never seen the sea, so I am anticipating much excitement from her and much wet dog later.

Eugh the smell of wet dog :sick: but do they care? No - your Lab will just show her thanks by shaking herself all over you. Have a lovely weekend Seren :)

• Author

The garden is full of newly hatched baby birds, of all kinds, and all kinds of wee beasties that come out during the long twilight. The trees are full of fruit and there is enough to share with the birds and the beasties, even the magpies are welcome.

I have wonderful neighbours and good friends and even the weather is being good at the moment :)

OWoman, I think the mysterious bush is a Japanese Quince, how happy will I be if this is indeed the case. There are some small fruits on it, but I have pruned it back a wee bit enthusiastically so fingers crossed it isn't too shocked.

We found a beautiful mole crawling back to his escape hatch, well Little Lab did, H was on hand with a spade, no not to whack a mole, he gently let it loose in the cow field, but I suspect he has a homing instinct as the molehill is back, freshly turned over. I have called him Arnie as I supect he will be back and I shall learn to live with a bumpy lawn.

I never, ever sunbathe, so bad for the skin especially a pale redhead like me, I also take pains to ensure my neck and cleavage are covered in sunscreen to avoid the horrible crepey chest, so I was peed off to wake up with a bright red T shirt burnline after the hot day gardening yesterday. Grr now slathering on the Clarins to rescue my skin.

Under the overgrowth we have found a pile of Victorian tiles, which is mighty exciting as we are uncovering a boarded up fireplace and should be able to salvage them, that they are blue with an Iris decoration is a bonus as my walls will be blue. Result!! happy me.

Sat up till quite late burning the stubble on the new veggie patch, so romantic watching the late sunset with a whisky - a sort of X rated Kumbya moment ensued, without the singing and boy scouts of course!!!!

Today is sunny but cloudy so not so hot, a day of workroom sorting beckons in wait for my new stuff and new orders. However I shall probably get distracted by the outside world.

Happy Days all hope your lives are full of joy Seren xx

crazy love

I am happy for this thread!!!! Best thread EVA!!!!

Also I am happy becaaaaaaauuse:

I am in LoVe!! From the tips of my toes to the top of my head!

The beautiful man that I am in love with loves me too and shows it all the time. He even says it everyso often and with out prompting! LOL!

I even love that manish way that he tries not to melt when hes upset with me and i lay the big ole girl puppy eyes on him and seal it with a kiss. Works everytime! :love:

Most of all am happy to see my beautiful children growing and glowing as they are happy too and they bring me more joy than i ever imagined possible!

Happy fourth to all of you LS'ers!

Have fun and be safe!!!!

CL

Happy to be happy... by default... house move is progressing, ex is being kind since my accident, DD is accepting how her dad is, DS is growing in confidence... Life is good, Head injury getting better, slowly, happy...

Silly_Girl

Happy that SP is happy!

Happy that a treasured friend's mum had good medical news.

Happy and proud that another treasured friend has turned the corner of her break-up.

Happy to not have to have anything to do with my bitter, twisted ex who still can't move on despite being married to 'the love of his life' just 6 weeks :mad: Life is just TOO short!!!!!

Happy to have lots of lovely places to go to and family events coming up with my boys - July is a great month! :D

White Flower

Happy that there's still a happy place to post!

Happy that MM spent 4th of July with me and my kids.

Happy that we're spending tomorrow evening with friends on a double date.

Happy!

• Author

I'm happy I didn't get too lost on my way to the conference, and happy my presentation went well. Happy too about all the new contacts and finding out about some interesting work being done elsewhere.

I'm happy I've restocked my paints so that I can finish my painting, and happy the whole house smells of paint and linseed oil and creativity. I'm happy I found flat peaches at the market and happy that my fridge is full of fruit juice.

I'm happy every time I see my H's face and lose myself in the love in his eyes :love: