The Happy Thread

We have had my nephew to stay. He's 5 and hyperactive and crazy and loveable; a proper tinker! My son and boyfriend are both wonderful with him (3 adults to 1 five year old!!??!) and it's been absolutely brilliant. The 4 of us have had a riot. Almost don't want him to go back. :D:love::love:

Sounds fun SG.

I'm happy that I applied for and was awarded a new position at work with a huge pay raise and added benefits.

After having many things go so bad for me recently, it's good to have something that makes me happy!

I'm happy that the men of the house are getting on with the decorating this week whilst I'm at work. I SAY I enjoy getting stuck in to all that but having it done in my absence is a welcome change!! :D

Up all night glued to BBC and the riots in London. Just had a call from my Met Policeman son to say he has just finished a 36 hour duty and is safe and in his house for 6 hours and then back on the streets. To know he is safe has made me very, very happy.

Thanks SG, he had a tough couple of nights, I saw him on telly, sat all night sobbing as I had just watched my lovely boy with just 7 of his colleagues face down a mob of 200+. If I were nearer to London I would have faced the dammed mob myself rather than he have to, but it's his job and he is good now. Just sent 30 Krispy Kreme's to his station so they will be happy tomorrow.

New woodburner gets put in tomorrow, that will make me happy as it has been pretty cold and very wet this month.

Off for our fish and chips on the beach ritual tomorrow, I have taken to taking my own salt, vinegar and tomato sauce, we are like an old pair of biddy's sat in the Land Rover with our supper watching the sea. But we also have chance for some in car snogs, which makes us laugh.

I have made a dammed river of plum jam and chutney, and now for the Damsons, H laughingly calls me Farmer's wife as I am always cooking something, I tell him just wait until I find a good deli and the cooking stops. I am very happy and content.

Thank you to the Steroid God, my muscle cramps have been a pain in the neck and side and chest, steroids usually give me a few weeks of pain free time. Yay, I might even try a dance in the kitchen.

Happy Days Seren x

Yesterday I went with a friend on a beautiful motorcycle ride way out in the country. Sometimes the beauty of the world makes me want to cry in delight.

*Happy sigh*

Ellie

I'm happy this week is NEARLY over. Month end, our MD delegated a stack of stuff to me whilst he was on hols, I've been working 12-16 hours a day, up early then sometimes still working almost 24hrs later - which is ridiculous in the school hols, I'm glad my son had my boyfriend to hang out with whilst I was out of the house, but it's just not the same. so I'm very happy to back off after today and have a couple of easy weeks with lots and lots of mum/son time. Just 10 more hours to get through!! :)

I'm happy to be staying with the in-laws again this weekend. I really enjoy it but my son gets most out of it. He plays golf and sudoku with the old boy and meanwhile 'grandma' has a constant array of cakes and fizzy drinks at his disposal. Perfect!

:D

I am happy to have finished a whole heap of Heirloom Wedding Garters and stationery. The computer work takes ages, but tis done, tomorrow handbags, probably before dawn given I am on an insomnia drive!! I shall be happy to go to bed, I miss snuggling with my lovely.

I am happy I managed to shoo of a male pheasant from trying to mate with Rita Henworth, one of my chickens. Imagine, Pheashent or a Chickant!! should have gone to Specsaver obviously.

H is happy I am at home during the day, he loves coming home to cooking smells for all his equality talk he sure likes me chained to the kitchen.... and everywhere else ;-)

I was going to go grey/white gracefully, had blonde highlights put in but I am so not a blonde and so, so not a grey. Tomorrow I shall be a flaming redhead again, H loves red hair, which is just as well. I shall be happy, because I am bloody worth it.

Made a river of Plum Jam and spiced chutney, over 100 lbs of Plums. Now the Damsons are all but ready so more dammed jam and some Damson Gin. Then the bloody apples, jeepers creepers all this Suzy Homemaker stuff is tiring, I need Waitrose and I need it now!! nearest one is 400 miles away so no deliveries!!!

Happy days though x

Had an amazing and emotional time tonight with my girlfriends, had some great wine, wonderful conversation, went to a chakra cleansing session, a friend gave me a lovely letter saying how much she appreciated me and overall I had a wonderful "send off party" before I start this new phase of my life and move to a new city tomorrow. It was bittersweet but I felt very blessed to have such amazing and true friends and to be afforded the opportunity to do and experience things that not many get to. I'm very filled with gratitude :love:

Good luck with the move MissBee, onwards and upwards - like Superman (or woman) all the very best with the next chapter of your life x

White Flower
Sounds fun SG.

I'm happy that I applied for and was awarded a new position at work with a huge pay raise and added benefits.

After having many things go so bad for me recently, it's good to have something that makes me happy!

So very, very happy for you ms_red! Nobody deserves this more.

Good luck with the move MissBee, onwards and upwards - like Superman (or woman) all the very best with the next chapter of your life x

Thank you! :D

I am so happy I am going to explode !! I have a new kitten, he is a Savannah and he is Mr Bojangles, he is a little tinker. Big Lab is scared and will not even look at him, Little bonkers Lab is wary and having to have lots of extra attention because her nose is out of joint and she is a Drama Queen.

My new woodburner was put in this weekend and looks lovely. Now waiting for colder weather to burn some wood!! I love cold weather and fires and tea on the coffee table while watching cheesy films.

Am having a steroid jab in my dammed painful shoulder this week, so I shall be happier still.

Happy Days All Seren x

Happy I'm still alive (again). Took a turn for the worse and spent 4 days in ICU. But I'm home now :) :) :) and so very very happy to be.

It's a beautiful day, it rained hard last night so I don't need to fret over my garden (not that I could do anything for it, but no fretting is good, too :p)

Just wanted to say HI - and now I'm going to toddle back to my chair and put my feet up.

Good thoughts sent your way Silktricks, sorry to hear you have had a bad spell. Hoping it's all uphill from now on xx Being ill is such a pain in the everywhere! Hoping your everywhere and in between is pain free soon. Seren x

White Flower

Great big hugs to Silk! I wish I could pour you a cup of tea and fluff your pillows before we got into a good round of chit chat. I hope you are surrounding yourself with RL friends and doing just that.

(((((Silk)))))

Thanks, SG, Seren and WF. Day by day I'm getting better. The good news :) :) :) :) :) :) :) is that they think I'm cancer free now!!!! No more chemo!!!! :) :) :). Still have to take some other crappy stuff, but I think (hope) that life is going to get back on track. :):bunny:

Yay Silktricks :bunny::bunny: I am now almost 5 years out and clear as a bell. The brush with C doesn't half put life in technicolour perspective. I hope yours continues to be full of colour x

I have pickled, jammed and chutney'd so much this past week my house looks like we are in for a dammed siege!! Just the apple tree to tackle and then begins the planting of winter veg and loads of bulbs for the spring. I have a hankering for Lily of the Valley, Narcissus and lots of Parrot Tulips. I love flowers.

Mr Bojangles is proving to be a noisy little kitten, he has to go out on his lead for now as he is so wee and the foxes would love a munch on him. Watching my hunky, macho H take him for a walk was so funny. My kitty makes me happy, muchly. My dogs are still deciding!

We have bought a fishing rod each, hmm, I shall take a flask of tea and a good book and my ipod, fishing seems like a waste of good sofa time to me, but we are trying to be as self sufficient as we can, so fishing it is then. if it makes him happy it makes me happy .... sorta

This weekend is going to be spent finishing off my 'other room' our son is home in a week, just for a few days, but I plan an old fashioned Sunday tea in front of the fire, with my best china, old cloths and lots of cake, trifle and sandwiches while watching a cheesy film. It's what I remember doing when I was young and my son needs TLC after all the riots he had to police in London. Time for some Mummy spoiling. Now that makes me happy.

Happy times all x

I'm happy that I have changed so much this year. I love who I am! No matter what my future holds, I am stronger than I've ever been.

I'm happy that I have learnt so much!

I may be in free fall... but I am the master of my fate and there are so many beautiful things in life for me to find and experience! :bunny:

4 days of fun and frolicks with my men, and my lad has a wee party and sleepover in there somewhere too. I'll be on dinner lady duty, I suspect a midnight feast is on the cards. He'll have a great time :D:D