The Happy Thread

I am soooo happy! Love is in the air, it's summer and my family is having a reunion/birthday this weekend.

I am blessed beyond words! I hope you all have a good weekend!

It has rained constantly for weeks now, so much for summer, there is a little ray of sunshine peeking out the clouds and it feels so lovely. Love living up here, but wish the sun did too. It would make me happy, going to get rickets if this carries on!

We were getting the last of the Damsons off the tree last night, dogs were tearing about going bonkers, chickens clucking away, I looked like a mountain woman and out of the blue H just comes out with this whole, I love you because ... and a lovely stream of words came out that had me in tears. He just makes me so happy after 27 years you would think there was nothing he could do to suprise me, that that did, and meant lots.

My Vintage Garters are doing really well I am rather pleased with myself, lots of lovely handmade cream velvet roses coming today, I am branching out into hats!! beside myself in fabric happiness.

Roast chicken dinner with roast potatoes, sprouts, carrots and a lovely steamed spotted dick pud with custard to follow. My man's absolute favourite food for dinner, the way to his heart is through his stomach and he deserves some comforting love. Looking at him just makes me smile.

Just happy, muchly. Hope everyone else gets happy too. Seren x

Happy I've decided to go NC with exMM. Happy about how strong I feel about the decision. Happy that I struck out on my own in my profession and things are going quite well.

Happy I've stopped beating myself up over my missteps. They were just that, missteps. Still on course. :)

• 3 weeks later...

sshhhh!! my muscle spasms have stopped after 2 months of chest cramping, today seems to be a spasm free day!! Happy me. H was rubbing muscle rub into my back, I am crying, not from pain, but because I am sick to death of smelling like a rugby changing room, I like perfume smells. H says he likes the smell, in fact, he loves it ..... which I know isn't true, but we had a laugh thinking that in our early days 27 years ago, me, naked from the waist up would have had a whole different outcome than the smelly muscle rub!!! Oh how times change, feelings however do not!!

We have a ritual around 5 in the afternoon, H finishes work, we have a coffee sat outside watching the dogs and the world, it is when I feel at peace with life and realise I am where I want to be. So happy here in our house in the wilds, just me and he and the mayhem, I feel blessed that we feel the way we do after all this time and after all that has happened. Happy, just happy.

x Seren

• 1 month later...
  • Author

I'm happy I found this thread, after so much searching!

I'm happy our globetrotting was so mindblowing, happy it's stopped for a while so we can catch our breaths and recover (airplane flu :( blech!) and happy that it's not too long before we'll be setting off again!

I'm happy to read that others are happy too, even amidst so much sadness and wrongness in the world.

:bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny::bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

This is a totally cool thread! Great idea!!!

What am I happy about? So much...peace in my heart, great health, children who all get along and who still want to come home and see their old mum, Yoga!, mindful meditation, my occupation, getting over my A and getting my groove back, simple food that I make myself, wonderful memories of 5.5 decades on this planet, fantastic parents who are still alive, my homey little home, my labrador retriever who snuggles up to me at night, just enough money in the bank to pay the bills and eat decent food, being vegan, living in a free and democratic society, not coming from a dysfunctional home, friends, family, garlic bread, all the wonderful places in the world I've travelled, LS and all the "friends" I've made here, the weather now, clean water....I'm sure there's more but that's a great start!

Who's next?

B

This is a totally cool thread! Great idea!!!

What am I happy about? So much...peace in my heart, great health, children who all get along and who still want to come home and see their old mum, Yoga!, mindful meditation, my occupation, getting over my A and getting my groove back, simple food that I make myself, wonderful memories of 5.5 decades on this planet, fantastic parents who are still alive, my homey little home, my labrador retriever who snuggles up to me at night, just enough money in the bank to pay the bills and eat decent food, being vegan, living in a free and democratic society, not coming from a dysfunctional home, friends, family, garlic bread, all the wonderful places in the world I've travelled, LS and all the "friends" I've made here, the weather now, clean water....I'm sure there's more but that's a great start!

Who's next?

B

Awesome post OWoman and Barrsitter!

I am already missing summer because this was an awesome summer..the reuniting of family and friends has been a true blessing. I am happy that this will be the best winter ever (and will pass quickly so that I can get back to summer!).

Glad to see this thread!

I'm enjoying school hols, we've just sorted out the Christmas stay with the in-laws, work is exhausting yet fulfilling and my best friends and sister are all doing grand. Best wishes to all :)

Hoorah! the best thread on this site is back. Hi OWoman, the trip sounds fantastic. We have been busy cutting wood for winter, well H has, I stack. We have a Savannah kitten who is a lovely, furry creature, but a bit of a monster for killing small things. We have been lucky with the seal and dolphin trips and have had loads of sightings, my illness has calmed down a lot, business is going well and I have managed to acquire a lovely stash of Harris Tweed just waiting for a project.

H loves his new job, the shooting season gets underway big time this weekend, so we all very busy, I am hoping my friendly pheasants find their way into my garden to hide the guns. Today is a lovely, gentle morning. This weekend we are off to market where we have taken a stall and then photograph taking on Sunday.

Hope everyone is happy and that this thread doesn't slip again.

Seren x

A rare sunny day, and great prospects, are making me happy today!

Sunny days have a way of lifting spirits! It happens to be a bright, sunny day here too. I'm happy because I've started working out again and getting back into shape. I had put on a few pounds this year. It's amazing how much exercise relieves stress. I can almost feel the stress and anxiety coming out of my pores when I sweat! :laugh:

I'm very happy that my dad fixed my central heating today (my bedroom radiator hasn't worked for 3 years :rolleyes:) :bunny::bunny::bunny:

Happy my sister is on her way to getting some treatment she needs, and that boyfriend's new job is going really well :D

I am truly happy that STBDMan has found the love and support from his kids and friends when he always believed that BW would poison them against him during the D process. She tried and failed but now even she is coming around, realizing how futile that behavior was. I never thought I'd see the day but life is full of surprises.

Elizabeth Southerns
I am truly happy that STBDMan has found the love and support from his kids and friends when he always believed that BW would poison them against him during the D process. She tried and failed but now even she is coming around, realizing how futile that behavior was. I never thought I'd see the day but life is full of surprises.

Good news, WF! :bunny: :bunny:

Hi WF, I am really pleased for you and wish you and he all the very best and much happiness. I often think we (general) expect people to behave one way and when they don't are pleasantly suprised. So glad it has all worked out. xx

My garden is looking all bedraggled, but my roses are still blooming, H picked one for me today which adorned my messy hair at breakfast.

The day was spent chopping wood to store for winter, looking at literally thousands of curlews mass ready for their winter jaunt. Just finished dinner and now settling down in front of a lovely fire for tea and pudding.

H suprised me with a caravan, which is to be my new workshop, all fabric, ribbons and stuff transferred only to be messed up by my very naughty kitten. But it has been a lovely, lovely day. Much happiness here.

Hoping everyone has happy times, oh and SG, glad your sister is getting treatment, hope it all works out.

Seren x

Hi WF, I am really pleased for you and wish you and he all the very best and much happiness. I often think we (general) expect people to behave one way and when they don't are pleasantly suprised. So glad it has all worked out. xx

Thank you seren, and I'm happy to hear about your caravan and fire and tea and that life is good:-).

Best to your sister SG.

Wow, haven't been around too much but was passing and had to log in to respond to this. I'm so pleased for you WF. Hopefully, in the end, everybody will benefit from the changes. I wish you so much happiness. :bunny:

Wow, haven't been around too much but was passing and had to log in to respond to this. I'm so pleased for you WF. Hopefully, in the end, everybody will benefit from the changes. I wish you so much happiness. :bunny:

Very nice of you to log in and say so Hazy, very nice! Thank you. I hope all is well with you.

For some reason, this made me think of

this...

Very good ES, if only it were so tranquil, my caravan/workshop is usually invaded by the chickens at some point after the heat from the gas fire. My killer kitty tries to drag some poor rodenty creature in, which has me chasing him out so he doesn't spoil my fabrics and I am so bundled up in woolies and yard boots I more resemble a weeble than Esmerelda, but it is a lovely workspace. I am loving Harris Tweed at the moment, lots of things to make, which makes me money so am happy about that.

Our son is working Christmas, but is home for 4 days mid December, so Christmas twice this year. Last year H was in Afghanistan, this year he is home and never to go away again, this makes me happier than I can say. He is having a Blues Banjo for Christmas and I am angling for a viola - we shall be like the Von Trapp's soon.

Elizabeth Southerns
Very good ES, if only it were so tranquil, my caravan/workshop is usually invaded by the chickens at some point after the heat from the gas fire. My killer kitty tries to drag some poor rodenty creature in, which has me chasing him out so he doesn't spoil my fabrics and I am so bundled up in woolies and yard boots I more resemble a weeble than Esmerelda, but it is a lovely workspace. I am loving Harris Tweed at the moment, lots of things to make, which makes me money so am happy about that.

Our son is working Christmas, but is home for 4 days mid December, so Christmas twice this year. Last year H was in Afghanistan, this year he is home and never to go away again, this makes me happier than I can say. He is having a Blues Banjo for Christmas and I am angling for a viola - we shall be like the Von Trapp's soon.

What a difference it makes having your loved ones close! Enjoy them! :love:

• 5 weeks later...
MorningCoffee

I am happy that I am finally once again finding some joy in the season, and am looking forward to times with family and friends. The last several years, since I involuntarily became "single" again when I lost my wife to illness, Christmas times have been less joyful than mournful, so this is hugely refereshing.

All the best of the season to everyone on LS, whatever persuasion may be yours.