The Happy Thread

• Author

I'm happy that I managed to restore some order in my H's precious veggie patch before the rains started, but happy that they've come to save me the hassle of watering! Happy too that I remembered to take the dry towels etc off the line (from soaking in the hot tub yesterday) before they got wet again. And happy that I got to fill the bird feeders before my motivation ran out, so now I get to watch the young woodpeckers stuffing their faces while the goldfinches hover about nervously.

I'm happy to have closed the loop and reconnected two old friends, in their 80s, who'd lost touch. It really is a small world!

I'm happy my mangoes are finally ripe enough to eat!

JaneyAmazed
Bent, someday, I know you do not believe it, you will miss the noise and aggravations of having them home. The house grows a little too clean and becomes a little too quiet....

I'm so glad you said this. I've been getting stressed out lately with my kids...especially being home all sumer. This was a wake up call to appreciate every crazy moment. I know I will miss it one day too. I stress about the house never being clean, and now I believe I would even miss that too...maybe. :laugh:

Enjoy your vacation!

I love having our son home, he takes up all the sofa, managing to fill two of them at the same time with him and his stuff. My ipad is filled with weird music which is played loudly, my good wine disappears, the beer goes, the glass bin is full, the fridge is left empty, I am cooking all his favourite meals, he and his Dad get all competitive playing games, we stay up till the wee hours talking, talking, putting the world to rights. Then I go in to his room to turn of the telly he has fallen asleep in front of and still see the small boy my 27 year old policeman son was.

His arm above his head, one leg flung out and I put the duvet over him, kiss his forehead and creep out to hear Nos Star Mam (goodnight Mam) love you and I go to bed all teary.

When he goes back to London my house is empty and I miss him like crazy, worry like crazy about the crazies he deals with and thank the Lord for such a lovely son. He makes me supremely happy and proud ..... wish he would settle down and make me a Grandma, he tells me too many women, too little time, but I know he is just waiting for The One. I love both my men muchly, they make me very happy.

Edited by seren
added a little bit
fooled once
I like you interpretation. Right now it is of a strong woman who trying her damnest to run as fast as she can from the house full of kids getting on my last nerve, eating everything in site, playing video (Micheal Jackson)games and playing music too dag gone loud. :mad:

Oh Bent, I will second it that one day you will look back and the house will be quiet and you will look around for one of them and they will be out living the next chapter of their life.

It sucks :( As much as I should be so proud of my son, I miss him. I am glad he still knows, almost 4 years after moving out, that I need to hear from him, regularly :laugh: I am so happy he let me take him shopping this past weekend for clothes. I received a huge bonus at work and I am more than happy to share it with him and my stepdaughter. The only rule was "no bills' were to be paid with the money I gave them :laugh: ! So my wonderful young man let me take him clothes shopping and he got a ton of new clothes and he was very grateful.

So I am happy my son is happy; happy I am going to be an aunt again in November, happy that I have the best husband in the world who knows how to take my mind off pain and how to make me smile. I am very blessed :love::love::love:

I love having our son home, he takes up all the sofa, managing to fill two of them at the same time with him and his stuff. My ipad is filled with weird music which is played loudly, my good wine disappears, the beer goes, the glass bin is full, the fridge is left empty, I am cooking all his favourite meals, he and his Dad get all competitive playing games, we stay up till the wee hours talking, talking, putting the world to rights. Then I go in to his room to turn of the telly he has fallen asleep in front of and still see the small boy my 27 year old policeman son was.

His arm above his head, one leg flung out and I put the duvet over him, kiss his forehead and creep out to hear Nos Star Mam (goodnight Mam) love you and I go to bed all teary.

When he goes back to London my house is empty and I miss him like crazy, worry like crazy about the crazies he deals with and thank the Lord for such a lovely son. He makes me supremely happy and proud ..... wish he would settle down and make me a Grandma, he tells me too many women, too little time, but I know he is just waiting for The One. I love both my men muchly, they make me very happy.

This is so beautiful :love:

Your post makes me happy :)

• Author

I'm happy this thread is still going, happy almost everyone has managed to stay on topic and keep it a happy place for all of us.

I'm happy to share the bounty in the garden with the birds and beasties, and happy to see so much life and growth around me. :)

White Flower
How did I miss this wonderful thread?

Whiteflower, I am so happy for you! You exhibited so much patience and grace in your wait. God, you deserve every happiness.

Thank you Spark! And TBH I made (and still make) him wait a little too. It's not always about us waiting for them, more often both parties fight for each other.

And I'm so happy things are going well in your own life Spark:)

I want to thank everyone who wished me well, but don't want to quote everyone and make it 'all about me', so... thanks everyone!

Ms_red, I am especially happy that you are doing well. Great big happy face here!:D

And to the Great Miss O., my hat's off to you for starting a thread that would cross all boundaries and unite everyone on a single theme. If only we could all see that striving to be happy is what drives us all.

There are pheasants setting up home in my garden, funny birds with their important waddly walk. Mr Pheasant is being all macho, Mrs Pheasant is having dust baths on the molehills and being all sassy. There is another male watching from the field, methinks he is trying to get in there. He is a big Golden Pheasant beautiful and showy ... I hope she goes for the first one.

Madam Little Lab is being very protective over a slipper, she grooms it and makes funny little growly noises at it. I think she is broody, but has been spayed, so no puppies for her. I am thinking she better not try this on the kitten, he is more your leap at the ankles type than snuggler. I am being used as a surrogate puppy. It just gets more bonkers by the day, but I am so happy.

One of my friends has finally taken the big leap to leave her job, her horrible husband and work for 2 years with the VSO. I am so proud of her and wish her so much happiness.

H has the afternoon off, we are going shopping for shelving, well he thinks this is the sole reason for venturing to the shops. For me, there is a new lingerie shop which I am hoping to splurge in .... I sell it to him by saying they are really for him and he usually says OK and then thank you! Sometimes they just don't get it do they? Much love and happy thoughts.

Seren xx

bentnotbroken

Girlfriend having a 70's disco party this weekend. Got my platforms, my wrap dress, now where are my afro puffs?:D Can't wait to get in that soul train line. :love:

For me the Happy Thread means that I am now OUT of the A. And happier now than I have been in 3 years... happy with myself. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

For me the Happy Thread means that I am now OUT of the A. And happier now than I have been in 3 years... happy with myself. :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:
Very happy for you TG that you are putting yourself first now!

I'm happy my sweety is coming up after I get off work to meet me at our favorite hangout to have fun with our friends, then out for a romantic dinner! :love:

Happy I got treated like a princess on my birthday by my two handsome men.

Happy we had a fab time at The Open (excited to have more tickets to use - how clever of me to buy my loved one gifts that give the giver as much pleasure as the recipient! ;))

Happy school hols are almost here.

Lately I have recognised that I am finally happy to say I am content with my lot. I am no longer part of the rat race, that I am happy to just be where I am at, not just the location, but the whole shebang. My competitiveness regarding my professional life just seems like such a dammed waste of my time and energy and I never thought to feel that. I have learned to accept what has gone before, not just the A, but everything warts and all and I just feel so lucky to be where I am at personally.

Happiness means different things to different people, but standing in my garden with my first coffee of the day watching the chickens with their feathers just growing and jumpers off because the sun was shining, watching little Lab tear around snapping at flies, big Lab mooching about and H trying to chase an escaped chicken in his underpants (the chicken wasn't in his underpants) just made me feel that I have cracked it. Much happiness, finally. My cup is a mug and it runneth over, muchly. Long may it continue.

I hope everyone finds their happiness levels full.

Seren x

Seren, that's sooo lovely! You're very lucky... Except it's not luck is it? ;)

I am very happy to have one day of stress and nonsense (aka work) left before we're all off on holiday. It is my absolute favourite kind of busy yet relaxing holiday (I'm definitely not a 'read Jilly Cooper beside the pool' kinda gal) and I'll get so much quality time with the two people I love and adore most in the world. It's going to be wonderful and seeing them happy and relaxed and having fun will make me happier :D

Why Thank You SG and no, you're right it isn't luck, took a lot of hard work, but I sure feel lucky!! Have a lovey holiday I hope the sun shines for you x

H was putting our television on the wall, peering over his glasses to see the drill hole, muscles straining to hold the heavy telly and I just thought, OMG, he is such a dammed fine looking man. So I told him, which made him very happy which in turn meant he flattered me lots, so it was reciprocated. Vanity happiness all around.

We are taking a day off on Friday, me from my creating stuff for my business, H from gardening and just going to look for dolphins, take loads of pics and have a lovely lunch out. I love aimless days, I hope it is sunny, but if not, well we shall make our own sunshine.

I am so glad to be out of the political circle I used to work in, watching the news and the whole press hacking debacle just made me want to go take a bath. What a shabby lot.

Today is the making of heirloom wedding garters, time for my first cup of tea for the day, a boiled egg and soldiers (I wish) then making. Have a lovely day all.

Seren xx

• 2 weeks later...

I still smile at this thread!

I'm a really, really, REALLY happy mum right now. Nothing beats that for me. :)

Hoorah! for The Happy Thread and multiple bunnies for OWoman.

I am happy the electric fly zapper is working nicely, nothing like the zap of an electrified horse fly to brighten my day. Bloody awful things.

We found a little ferret in our garden, little lab was going potty doing a funny dance when she found it, big lab decided he wasn't going near it. We gave it milk and chopped up fruit then called the rabbit man who has promised to give him a nice new home. His name is Idris, the ferret not the man!

H is going all native, first time I have seen him with a non military haircut for 27 years, I don't like it. I called him a caveman, he thought I said King of Men (vain sod) and so he now refers to himself as such which makes me all but pee my pants laughing. Love him so, my King of Men caveman that he is.

It is permanently raining, I am developing webbed feet which given it is not flip flop weather is not too bad, but am sure I shall get rickets if the sun don't shine soon, I need Vitamin D, via sunny days please.

Happy Days Seren x

Happpy that I had an amazing conversation with a great friend of mine that has put a lot of things into perspective for both of us. We reminisced on who we used to be, where we are now and where we're headed and it is exciting! :bunny::bunny:

We discussed future travel plans, my upcoming move to a new city, long term potential business plans....exciting stuff :bunny:

I am happy that I had a run in with my ex, that highlighted to me how far I have come, how much I have grown and it was an empowering experience! I was allowed to own my power and say no thanks and mean it with every fiber of my being :D

I am happy about this decadently smooth chocolate bar I'm eating :love:

I just feel very energized about where I'm at, where I'm going, and what I can create for myself, the world is my playground and I plan to make use of it! :bunny:

Gonna take a relaxing shower with some luscious new body wash now and then curl up with this book I've been planning to read :D

• Author
It is permanently raining, I am developing webbed feet which given it is not flip flop weather is not too bad, but am sure I shall get rickets if the sun don't shine soon, I need Vitamin D, via sunny days please.

Here too :( Still, I went south yesterday where it was 28 and sunny :) and got great data too :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

I'm happy that tomorrow's weather should improve :)

Hubby took my out for breakfast this morning before putting me on the later commuter train for my daily trip to the city. It was so nice being able to just sit and chat for awhile instead of our normal morning rush.

Also, so happy that we're actually in a stretch of good weather. The sun is shining and we're planning a sailing trip this weekend. :bunny:

After 8 months NC with xMM I wake up every morning and thank God for a good night's sleep. I also thank God for the Dday that tookxMM out of my face and out of my life.

For the past almost 3 years, I had gotten into the habit of thinking of myself as the OW...it became my secret persona. Just recently, I have ceased feeling like that and now I am just ME.

Somehow, a weight has been removed from my heart and I'm happy.

Gentlegirl