The Happy Thread

donnamaybe
I'm happy that my son made the Dean's List and my parents got to attend the awards ceremony with us last night at his school! :bunny:
Awww, you must've been SO proud! :)

I'm happy that my girlfriend and I are taking a friend out where his ex, who has been stalking him for a year and a half, won't be able to find him and harass him. I'm also happy that we have come up with a legal solution for the stalker which won't also punish my friend (if you get a NCO, then whoever is in a business establishment first gets to stay there, and with my friend's work hours, she would make certain he was never allowed to be at his favorite hangout come the weekend). We'll fix her little red wagon. :laugh:

• Author

I am happy that I get to see one of my bestest friends from home this weekend :)

26pointblue

Since my self-improvement goal for the day is positive thinking, it seems apropo to post in this thread. :-) I am thankful that I am starting over in a new apartment. It's technically a downgrade in that it's less space, but it allows me to save money towards my goal of going into business for myself, & it gets me out of the place that was so tied to xMM. It's just for me!!!! I have already started moving in & the move will be complete by the end of this long weekend. :-)

The BIG decorating weekend beckons, it will be great to make a start on the new house, bedroom is going to be totally over the top, in a tasteful yet slutty over the top way.

I have booked air tickets for my son to visit in June, seeing my lovely boy always, but always makes me happy. Such a fab person he is.

Spent time watching the dogs race around and around the house in a game of tag, they were so happy, made me laugh aloud which is always a good thing.

Adopted a wild dolphin for H, we are going to make time this weekend to go watch them and look for 'ours', need to dig out the waterproofs, walking boots and binoculars. Feels like an expedition.

Just lately, I have a myriad reason and things that make me happy, I am a happy person by nature, but this has increased tenfold. Life in my small corner of the world is bloody great, I wish the same for everyone.

Happy Weekend all, Seren xx

crazycatlady

Seren - sounds wonderful and I can't wait to hear what a tasteful yet slutty room looks like.

I'm happy because tonight is girls' night out! Dinner and then at least two of us are going to karaoke afterwards. Hopefully more will come along for at least a song or two.

White Flower

I realized recently that I think I'm finally over the whole D thing. For a while I hated going to bed alone. Now my bed is my kingdom, I love it! And I had no pattern or routine until recently. Everything is falling into place and though I enjoy a full time R, I am perfectly happy being a single woman.

I'm pretty darn happy.

And I have been tending to my beautiful rose garden this weekend. My goodness, I woke up this morning with achy muscles and just smiled to myself. It feels good to hurt so bad for such a meaningful purpose. Maybe my garden will be featured in House and Garden! It always will be that great to me, and that's all that matters.

We got the pool open and ready to swim in before Memorial Day for a change. So my boys can all bring their girlfriends over tomorrow to swim and I can be happy being a letch. ;)

I realized recently that I think I'm finally over the whole D thing. For a while I hated going to bed alone. Now my bed is my kingdom, I love it! And I had no pattern or routine until recently. Everything is falling into place and though I enjoy a full time R, I am perfectly happy being a single woman.

I'm pretty darn happy.

And I have been tending to my beautiful rose garden this weekend. My goodness, I woke up this morning with achy muscles and just smiled to myself. It feels good to hurt so bad for such a meaningful purpose. Maybe my garden will be featured in House and Garden! It always will be that great to me, and that's all that matters.

Hi my friend. :) I love having my queen size bed all to myself. When my estranged husband was still here we didn't sleep in the same bed. He was impossible with the snoring, pulling the covers etc. So, he would get so tired of me waking him up to bitch that he would leave the room and eventully just quit coming to the room. And yes, for those who don't believe it; he WAS sleeping on the couch for about the last 5 years he was here. I can't imagine sharing my bed with anyone besides my cat now.

So, I'm happy for my nice comfy big bed that I have all to myself and my cat!

Have a good day everyone and I want to add that I'm happy and grateful for the soldiers of the US that gave and give for us.

Hi WF, glad all is good in your world and your roses are blooming. Happy to read you.

I am planning the garden, after all the work in the last house this one will be a challenge, very big, quite bare, though I have a small orchard with apple, pear and plum trees that look very promising.

Garden planning makes me supremely happy, chickens and veggies and a lovely bit with hollyhocks, delphiniums, lupins, poppies and of course gladioli. I shall also plant a raft of old English roses, all fragrant and lovely. Hope the Scottish weather is kind.

I am getting a cat, a lovely Norwegian Forest cat who I shall call Olaf, I predict my youngest Lab will be a bit put out, but she has a loving nature so hopefully not too many territory fights, in my experience the cat always wins out. I love cats (and dogs) and am looking foward to furry cuddles.

Happy Days Seren x

• Author

I had a wonderful long weekend! A long walk in the fells, preparing for the party, seeing my friend, and the party! I am so blessed!

Today the sun is shining, the garden is full of babies (hatchlings, bunnies, even a young squirrel) and the house back to normal and the happiness is just seeping into my bones :love:

• Author
Hope the Scottish weather is kind.

I hope your garden survived all the storms... :eek:

I am happy to have gotten the project report off :)

The sun is shining and there is no wind!! which is majorly different from the past few weeks of gales and rain. I had forgotten how damn cold it can be here, but for today and the next few days will enjoy the sunshine.

We had to buy a sit on mower for the garden, H is like a small child with a new toy, if he uses it anymore we shall have bald lawns, I swear I heard him making yeawww noises, I think he thinks he is still flying helicopters!! Silly, lovely man.

I have become lazy, and neglected the usual beauty treatments, so have booked to have hair, hands and feet pampering next week. It is so easy to hide under layers of warm fleeces and forget there is a body under it all. Hmm am going very native, time to stop.

Have sourced some very lovely antique Brussels lace for the making of bridal cuffs along with white kid and mother of pearl buttons - making makes me happy.

I have also been approached to join the Women's Crisis centre, will think about this as it requires commitment that I am not sure I have and just writing that has made me realise I shall make time for it.

I am feeling like my brain is getting underused so am looking at taking a degree just for me, not to do with work at all. Thinking History and Politics (no, no, not politics tis work). Learning makes me happy.

Happy Weekend all Seren xx

donnamaybe

I am happy to have a man who is so giving! He is fixing up the house of a friend's BF (who doesn't possess the skills my guy does) so her daughter and grand daughter can live there. Yes, she could have hired someone to do it, but it would have cost her 10 times as much. He has a lot to do on our house as well, but he is giving his time for my friend and her daughter out of the goodness of his heart.

I SO love that man! :love:

White Flower
The sun is shining and there is no wind!! which is majorly different from the past few weeks of gales and rain. I had forgotten how damn cold it can be here, but for today and the next few days will enjoy the sunshine.

We had to buy a sit on mower for the garden, H is like a small child with a new toy, if he uses it anymore we shall have bald lawns, I swear I heard him making yeawww noises, I think he thinks he is still flying helicopters!! Silly, lovely man.

I have become lazy, and neglected the usual beauty treatments, so have booked to have hair, hands and feet pampering next week. It is so easy to hide under layers of warm fleeces and forget there is a body under it all. Hmm am going very native, time to stop.

Have sourced some very lovely antique Brussels lace for the making of bridal cuffs along with white kid and mother of pearl buttons - making makes me happy.

I have also been approached to join the Women's Crisis centre, will think about this as it requires commitment that I am not sure I have and just writing that has made me realise I shall make time for it.

I am feeling like my brain is getting underused so am looking at taking a degree just for me, not to do with work at all. Thinking History and Politics (no, no, not politics tis work). Learning makes me happy.

Happy Weekend all Seren xx

Just reading your posts seren makes me happy. I love your personality!

I'm happy we're having beautiful weather this weekend. I have 6 invitations for tomorrow and my head is spinning. I'm blessed with so many friends.

Health has been an issue recently but I'm happy the biopsy results are being delayed. I know this must have happened in order that I enjoy this weekend without worry. I think the heavens or somebody in them must love me.:love:

Sometimes in the midst of really awful stuff we are reminded of how blessed we really are.

Happy days all.:)

Just reading your posts seren makes me happy. I love your personality!

I'm happy we're having beautiful weather this weekend. I have 6 invitations for tomorrow and my head is spinning. I'm blessed with so many friends.

Health has been an issue recently but I'm happy the biopsy results are being delayed. I know this must have happened in order that I enjoy this weekend without worry. I think the heavens or somebody in them must love me.:love:

Sometimes in the midst of really awful stuff we are reminded of how blessed we really are.

Happy days all.:)

A huge hug for you WF and the first open California Poppy from my wilderness of a garden, I love them, beautiful flowers with the most amazing display inside, bit like yourself. Take care honey and I hope all goes well. Enjoy your weekend xx

crazycatlady

I have to second the comment about Seren's posts. They always make me smile! But then so does White Flower's post for the most part.

I'm happy because I had a spur of the moment dinner out with the best friend, and against today when we took our kiddos to the pool for a few hours. Love that woman and I'm going to be so sad when she moves soon.

I'm also happy because hubby suggested an early bed time tonight :love:

And its the weekend. And monday is my baby girl's 11th birthday and she is going to be THRILLED with her gift. I can't wait to see her face. I am very excited.

White Flower
A huge hug for you WF and the first open California Poppy from my wilderness of a garden, I love them, beautiful flowers with the most amazing display inside, bit like yourself. Take care honey and I hope all goes well. Enjoy your weekend xx
Thanks a bunch, seren. I'll pick some roses for you this weekend, and arrange them in a lovely vase, and every time I look at them I'll think of you.:)

I have to second the comment about Seren's posts. They always make me smile! But then so does White Flower's post for the most part.

What do you mean for the most part??? (just kidding, I heart you too):love:

Enjoy your early bedtime:cool: and your daughter's 11th tomorrow.:)

bentnotbroken

Met my goal weight and blood pressure is normal:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:. Now to keep all the medical issues in balance. But today....is a good day.

Silly_Girl

Health issues ladies - lots of luck... Hope all is/will be well

I'm happy that I have had a headache free day for the first time in nearly two weeks, that's enough!

But I'm happy that the house and garden improvements all three of us have worked hard on are looking good, that I have lots of lovely things/events coming up over the next couple of months and that my son learnt three new dishes to add to his repertoire this school holiday. A chef for a son.... I could live with that :D

• Author
Met my goal weight and blood pressure is normal:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:. Now to keep all the medical issues in balance. But today....is a good day.

Well done!! :bunny:

I'm happy because it's still sunny outside, and it looks like another day of lazing in the garden drinking cocktails :)

Brrr, it's cold again, I love my Uggs they are so toasty, but so ugly too, but toasty feet are soooo good.

I had a strange day, decorated the bedroom in lovely toile paper, going for the French boudoir look, then two lots of strangers knock at different times. They used to live in this house at some point. One lovely old man in his 90's met his wife here, she was one of 8 children born in what will be my music room (well where I practice the sax and H the guitar, both badly) his wife has now died and the house had lots of memories for him. He asked if his ashes could be interred in the garden when he dies. Hmm, OK says I, then agreed to plant a rose for his wife, he tells me the shed was where his wife's father used to make coffins ..... very, very bizarre. We exchanged numbers and I predict having lots of interesting talks, I seem to have adopted an older man!!!

Others were a fmaily who lived here about 10 years ago, she told me all about the plants and when they were planted, much cutting giving later. I mused that these things happen to me a lot, I am beginning to feel I am living in some strange Gothic later reality show.

But, learning the history made me happy .... not sure about the coffins though.

crazycatlady
Brrr, it's cold again, I love my Uggs they are so toasty, but so ugly too, but toasty feet are soooo good.

I had a strange day, decorated the bedroom in lovely toile paper, going for the French boudoir look, then two lots of strangers knock at different times. They used to live in this house at some point. One lovely old man in his 90's met his wife here, she was one of 8 children born in what will be my music room (well where I practice the sax and H the guitar, both badly) his wife has now died and the house had lots of memories for him. He asked if his ashes could be interred in the garden when he dies. Hmm, OK says I, then agreed to plant a rose for his wife, he tells me the shed was where his wife's father used to make coffins ..... very, very bizarre. We exchanged numbers and I predict having lots of interesting talks, I seem to have adopted an older man!!!

Others were a fmaily who lived here about 10 years ago, she told me all about the plants and when they were planted, much cutting giving later. I mused that these things happen to me a lot, I am beginning to feel I am living in some strange Gothic later reality show.

Ohhh, I think its touching the old man wants to be buried where he met his wife. However the coffin thing is weird!

I couldn't imagine knocking on the door of a place I use to live years ago.

White Flower

Good for you Bent!!! High fives all around the room.:cool:

White Flower

I love it! Everything from the French budoir to the coffins! I love the old man visiting too. We could be living each other's lives seren. I attract the old as well, and some of them even bring me flowers to plant in my garden. My mother's ashes will be going into my rose garden soon as well.

Uggs are ugly, but cute too. Enjoy them!