The Happy Thread

White Flower
Drop by our place on the way then. We have a quince bush in our garden - it produces so much fruit each year that we don't know what to do with it all :)

Thank you anne! I have so many Brits to visit now when I jump over the lake!

fooled once
Wow, I had to go a couple pages back to dig up the Happy Thread. :(

I am happy to have a beautiful new husband. I am happy that he agreed to move into my house until we can build one of our own, instead of buying one that we liked but were not totally in love with. I am happy that today is moving day, and that he agreed to leave some of his bachelor pad stuff with his brother, the Ultimate Ladies Man.

I am so happy to be starting a new chapter in my life. I hope I get it right.

I am happy that someone I love very much is getting two more months off of chemo. I am happy this person knows how much I love them.

I am happy that I have met so many special people here. Fooled Once, you have been a great supporter and friend. I am so happy to have met you here. I am also happy to have met some great other people, such a Bentnotbroken, Owl, jwi, TaraMaiden, 2sure, seren and Spark amongst others. Your posts have been so helpful.

I am happy to have been a LS member. I'm even happy for some of the infractions I have received from Tony, as some of them have taught me the value of holding my tongue. I hope he doesn't get mad at me for naming specific people here, because after all, it's the Happy Thread.

I wish everyone peace and happiness, and for all your dreams to come true.

jthorne ((hugs))

I am happy YOU are so happy -- I can feel it when we communicate!! You deserve to have this wonderful man who loves you so much! I am also very thankful to LS for allowing me to meet you, someone I know I will know for the rest of my life!

I am happy my mom made it through surgery and is healing. I am happy to be here with her, waiting on her and taking are of her. I am happy that my H loves his mother in law so much that his vacation is spent here, with me, helping take care of her.

I am happy I have a new job! I am happy I am leaving my current place. I am happy I got a raise :)

I am happy my son is doing well. I am happy I have been so blessed. :love:

crazycatlady

I am happy that tomorrow my kids go to camp and I have 10 days alone with my H to do wicked things with anywhere we wish without having to be late at night or locked in a room. :laugh:

I'm thrilled that I had a wonderful night out with my best gal pals and we all got a chance to pour out all our garbage to each other and just built each other up to be stronger! I love my gal pals. They ROCK.

CCL

Drop by our place on the way then. We have a quince bush in our garden - it produces so much fruit each year that we don't know what to do with it all :)

Oh you lucky thing you!! Make some Quince and Rose Petal Jelly, very, very good, so nice with cheese, especially the really ripe smelly stuff. We had some today, decided on a picnic after Oxford, lovely day. Loads of wasps though and thunderbugs!!

How do such small, wee creatures feel so itchy? Just one and I swear he was stomping on my head with little hobnail boots. grr

• Author

apologies for the t/j - but where do you find quinces? I've been looking everywhere since I arrived on this forsaken island, and I can't find any anywhere! No quinces, no quince trees... and I love quinces so much I've had to import quince puree from Europe :(

apologies for the t/j - but where do you find quinces? I've been looking everywhere since I arrived on this forsaken island, and I can't find any anywhere! No quinces, no quince trees... and I love quinces so much I've had to import quince puree from Europe :(

Sorry - can't help on that one. It was already here when we bought the house.

OWoman, or other secret quince lovers - I have found fresh quince at Waitrose now and again. But in the absence of fresh, buy from my local farm shop or Waitrose, who also sell quince paste. Links below for trees and for produce. The Quince and Rose Jelly is particularly lovely. I am going to try make elderflower jelly this year as my trees are groaning with fruit.

http://www.blackmoor.co.uk

http://www.quinceproducts.co.uk

White Flower

I'm noticing ladies on this thread who seem to have one thing in common: sophisticated taste. That's a good thing!

Fallen Angel
OWoman, or other secret quince lovers - I have found fresh quince at Waitrose now and again. But in the absence of fresh, buy from my local farm shop or Waitrose, who also sell quince paste. Links below for trees and for produce. The Quince and Rose Jelly is particularly lovely. I am going to try make elderflower jelly this year as my trees are groaning with fruit.

Okay, as an American who has not traveled to Europe, I have never had the apparently semi-orgasmic experience that is Quince and Rose jelly. Now I am going to have to buy some.

I have a lovely gourmet food shop just down the street from me a few blocks, I am certain he would be glad to order some for me if it is not something he normally stocks. :)

(I also have a cousin who is currently living in Paris, and frequently travels Europe. Is this something she may be able to send me I wonder? *I must look into the laws about sending food items from Europe into the United States via the postal service/Fed Ex.)

White Flower

My MIL, excuse me, exMIL used to make jelly out of jasmine blossoms and, separately, jelly out of quinces. MMMMMM. I think if we all tried it and came back to report here we'd carry the Happy Thread into the next century!:p

• Author

Thanks for this - will definitely follow it up!

Sadly, we don't have Waitrose in this part of the world - but I'll keep my eyes open for one next time I travel :)

I love quince jelly too :) Real traditional fayre! My auntie makes it and like everything else she touches, it's delicious. I guess I'll have to ask her to teach me as I'm still only on the homemade strawberry jam... though I do grow the strawbs myself (they're rampant in my garden, the buggers!)

Is it okay to switch back to the thread here, though? I'm happy that I can finally feel myself moving on. Six months ago I was a bit of a mess (understatement) and thanks to those close to me and you fab guys here on LS, I pulled myself out of it. I now am so happy with life at the moment, for so many reasons. :)

Cheers to my LS buds! The future's bright... :cool:

I am happy that I am in the airport with my love :love:, waiting to board the plane home after he surprised me with a weekend trip to this beautiful western state.

I am happy I have finally met DM's kids. :) This past weekend. Very casual, as we decided would be best... just one day of the weekend with their dad so I wasn't stealing "Dad" time. Have to push this on my love a little bit because he thinks I'm being hyper-vigilent and overly concerned, but better safe than sorry and have the kids hurt or feeling like they're losing their dad! We all got along well. Was really worried about the oldest because of the age differences of their dad and me, but didn't seem to be a problem and he said nice things after I was gone. The younger boy was the toughest, he is quiet and sensitive and didn't seem to open up so we'll see going forward. I know they have a lot going on and don't want to force anything. The youngest girl and I were tight quickly... They all seem to be getting along okay with their mom's new fiance too. What a resilient group of kids. We are still waiting on the announcement of our marriage and the marriage itself as we originally agree. I still feel it is most prudent for all involved.

I am also happy that I didn't give in to some of the all MM are lying and get out messages when I first came here because as time move forward, despite the stressfulness of some of the situation (and I will not say it didn't get super stressful at points, it definitely did and it was way harder than if we had met, same two people, when we weren't both otherwise involved. At times I thought it was all going to fall apart and there were tears and fears I hadn't felt before, just under the stress of the situation) - it has been more than worth it already and things seem to get better every day as things smooth out.

I am happy I have finally met DM's kids. :) This past weekend. Very casual, as we decided would be best... just one day of the weekend with their dad so I wasn't stealing "Dad" time. Have to push this on my love a little bit because he thinks I'm being hyper-vigilent and overly concerned, but better safe than sorry and have the kids hurt or feeling like they're losing their dad! We all got along well. Was really worried about the oldest because of the age differences of their dad and me, but didn't seem to be a problem and he said nice things after I was gone. The younger boy was the toughest, he is quiet and sensitive and didn't seem to open up so we'll see going forward. I know they have a lot going on and don't want to force anything. The youngest girl and I were tight quickly... They all seem to be getting along okay with their mom's new fiance too. What a resilient group of kids. We are still waiting on the announcement of our marriage and the marriage itself as we originally agree. I still feel it is most prudent for all involved.

I am also happy that I didn't give in to some of the all MM are lying and get out messages when I first came here because as time move forward, despite the stressfulness of some of the situation (and I will not say it didn't get super stressful at points, it definitely did and it was way harder than if we had met, same two people, when we weren't both otherwise involved. At times I thought it was all going to fall apart and there were tears and fears I hadn't felt before, just under the stress of the situation) - it has been more than worth it already and things seem to get better every day as things smooth out.

I'm really happy for you and wish you both all the best. The way you've coped is admirable:)

TinaniT - congratulations on meeting the kids and having things move forward!

I'm glad you didn't give in the "all MM are lying and get out messages" either. Things happen for a reason and some things are meant to be (ie. the two of you together). Some M's are meant to end and some A's are meant to live.

Keep us posted!

From a lovely sunny Oxford morning

The Red Kites have made a home in the tree in my garden, the squirells are so not happy.

H and I are off to The Four Seasons (translated from French name) for dinner tomorrow. 'tis very swanky, waiting list of forever, food to die for, but H managed it.

I am going to the mess for drinks tonight with friends, always messy but fun. Will remind self - decorum, decorum, oh bugger it, cocktails at 6 folks.

H is away for 3 weeks from Monday, but weekend of fun and frolics planned, ooh la la :love:

I am applying for a new job after 2 years or so medically retired - yay!! and it's in Cyprus and H may put in to leave the military after 27 years, mega yay!! no more Afghan, Iraq or anything, just normal 9 - 5. better still, if I get the job, it is very well paid, with house so he can just be a house husband and he looks so sexy in a pinny!!

Happy Day peeps x

White Flower

I'm so happy about so many things today!

I have VERY good friends, yay!

My ex-H handed over a check today so that I could pay my lawyer off. Says we'll deal with the specifics later. I'm starting to like him again, as a friend of course. We've made so many strides in the last few weeks.

The insurance adjuster FINALLY called me and says he'll cut me a check for the damages on my car Monday.

Ex-H is going to sign all quit-claim deeds on Monday, so everything will finally be in MY name.

My tootache has disappeared. The dentist said it wasn't infected, it was mysteriously dark in the ex-ray so he gave me an antibiotic for the heck of it and I took megadoses of advil for the pain. After 10 days I have no more pain. Compared to waking at 3am with the moans and growns, this is cause for hysterical laughter!

I'm so damn happy that I'm looking forward to paying bills tonight...and it's Friday night! I've turned down two dates with friends in order to do that and spend time with my youngest daughter who needs some TLC.

I'm so happy to have three precious children. They are the song in my heart.

And the grand finale...

ExMM, or STBDMM? surprised me with an unexpected visit today and told me he was going to ask his dad if he could move in with him and start D proceedings. I don't know what to expect, but since I never expected THIS much, I'm cautiously ecstatic!

crazycatlady

Seren - good luck on getting the job, that sounds cool.

WF - I've not followed everything with you as well as I should since it all seemed to happen while I was on vaca but sounds like things are turning around for you.

I'm happy with a little white and orange kitty snuggled in my lap. Enjoying the quiet of the house. Now I just need coffee lol.

CCL

• Author
I'm so happy about so many things today!

I have VERY good friends, yay!

My ex-H handed over a check today so that I could pay my lawyer off. Says we'll deal with the specifics later. I'm starting to like him again, as a friend of course. We've made so many strides in the last few weeks.

The insurance adjuster FINALLY called me and says he'll cut me a check for the damages on my car Monday.

Ex-H is going to sign all quit-claim deeds on Monday, so everything will finally be in MY name.

My tootache has disappeared. The dentist said it wasn't infected, it was mysteriously dark in the ex-ray so he gave me an antibiotic for the heck of it and I took megadoses of advil for the pain. After 10 days I have no more pain. Compared to waking at 3am with the moans and growns, this is cause for hysterical laughter!

I'm so damn happy that I'm looking forward to paying bills tonight...and it's Friday night! I've turned down two dates with friends in order to do that and spend time with my youngest daughter who needs some TLC.

I'm so happy to have three precious children. They are the song in my heart.

:) :) :) Great news!

ExMM, or STBDMM? surprised me with an unexpected visit today and told me he was going to ask his dad if he could move in with him and start D proceedings. I don't know what to expect, but since I never expected THIS much, I'm cautiously ecstatic!

Potentially wonderful news!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

jennie-jennie

:bunny::bunny::bunny:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author

I am happy after a glorious weekend away. I am happy that old friends of my H (a couple) went to visit his xW too after staying with us. I am happy that our social calendar is pretty full and I am happy that I now have a :bunny: quince tree :bunny: (thanks, Seren!!) - with quinces on it :bunny: :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

crazycatlady

I was just thinking this thread needed to be bumped back up but when I looked for it I couldn't find it. I guess I didn't go back far enough.

I'm happy I got my first full time job in almost 12 years! Money sucks, but its not about the pay. I'm rather excited to be working.

I'm happy that my cat seems to have discovered that he's young and can play. Not sure why he wanted until he was 2 to start acting kittenish, but its great fun watching him.

From a very rainy Oxford afternoon

Not so happy H is away for 3 weeks, but happy he managed to get home over the weekend.

Happy that OWoman has found her quince tree and that it is fruitful

Happy that my application form for fab job is in the post and me and H have decided if successful he can leave military after 26 long years and be a house husband, all he now needs to do is learn to cook!!

I have dusted off my saxophone, I sound pretty dire, but the dog howling makes me laugh.

Hope it all works out WF and that you remain in a happy place. Some frilly sweet peas for ya!!

Just generally happy with my lot, congrats CCl on job and happy times for all.

White Flower
From a very rainy Oxford afternoon

Not so happy H is away for 3 weeks, but happy he managed to get home over the weekend.

Happy that OWoman has found her quince tree and that it is fruitful

Happy that my application form for fab job is in the post and me and H have decided if successful he can leave military after 26 long years and be a house husband, all he now needs to do is learn to cook!!

I have dusted off my saxophone, I sound pretty dire, but the dog howling makes me laugh.

Hope it all works out WF and that you remain in a happy place. Some frilly sweet peas for ya!!

Just generally happy with my lot, congrats CCl on job and happy times for all.

And I am happy for you!

I was watering and cutting plants in the back garden yesterday and thought about you. Yes you. I thought how lovely it would be to buy things in your shop. Even better, to make pretty things with you.

Enjoy it!