The Happy Thread

Yesterday I went to the phone store to report problems with my old iPhone and/or service. They gave me - totally free - a brand new iPhone 4, 32gb! I didn't rant or rage, didnt ask for anything. The store mgr. called a higher-up at another office, who told him to give it to me to fix my problem. Not an upgrade, not a trade-in, not an insurance exchange, no contract change, just a brand-new, free phone! 8D

Then (Brag Alert) my grandson got his grades from two college classes he took this semester. He made A's. He's in 9th grade and not had the high school equivalents yet. He's one of those kids like the others mentioned here; he got bored with his schoolwork so we enrolled him for two classes at the local college. He loved it, ended up leading a study group and tutoring his classmates in the science class!

I was thinking last night how much I am grateful for - not how much I "have to be grateful for" but how much I am grateful for. Then logged on tonight, and the happy thread is resurrected!

Besides the above, I am grateful/happy that I am not in a painful relationship. I am grateful that I don't have anything I have to hide, don't have to worry about being found out. I'm grateful I can live openly in my relationships. Most days, it just breaks my heart to read about the pain some people on LS go through.

I'm grateful for the close relationship that I have with my daughter and grandson. I'm grateful I don't have to hide anything from them.

I'm grateful for their personal moral standards, for their deep level of spirituality, and for their strength of character. I'm so very proud of the people they are.

I'm grateful for my comfortable home, for the beautiful view from every window, for the peaceful environment, both physically and emotionally.

I'm grateful for the financial and personal goals I've achieved the past couple of months. Beyond what I could even imagine three months ago.

I'm grateful for my friends, both local and cyber. I haven't been available much lately, but my heart has been with you. I am grateful for your support and understanding when I need you. I'm grateful you are here when I don't need you, too.

I'm grateful for my belief in G-d. I'm grateful for my faith based on G-d's Word and my personal experiences. I'm grateful to know that my prayers are heard and regarded, I'm grateful for G-d's mercy, love, blessing and protection over us.

There are so many things I am grateful for.

Life is not always easy, but it can be very good. And happy.

Nailed it Pure. He gets GREAT test scores, but just doesn't get his homework in. What do you do with that? I actually asked him last year if he wanted to just take his GED and get it over with. He always scores in the high percentiles as related to his peers in those yearly tests. He didn't want to miss out on the rest of the HS experience though. I get that. Thing is, when it comes to getting in the Naval Academy, which he wants, they aren't going to take him with his GPA. Sad thing is, my boss could get him the letter from a senator or congressman that he would need to be considered. AND he is nearing completion of the requirements for Eagle Scout. He's SUCH a good boy, and I want good things for him.

Now, back to the fun stuff - again! PURE - I am SOOO glad you quit smoking too!!! :)

Wow, does that mean he could go NCO first then Officer, bypassing the ranks!!!! That is extremely encouraging! That makes me happy!

Home boy (lol 2nd grade) got honor role and doesn't even try...takes him 5 min to do an hours worth of homework, but hates that 5 min!!!

I am happy he got honor role and outstanding achievement in reading!

I am happy that there is 22 PAGES of HAPPINESS and happy things!

I am happy that OWoman is the only one that her H has been able to get it up with!!!!!

I am happy that everyone is happy...I love happy!

Morning Coffee ((((((((((hugs)))))))), I never knew, you speak of her like she's here (she is, but you know)....I am happy that you are ok...Merry, Merry Christmas:)

I am happy that I can cry at the drop of a hat now, I couldn't cry for years.

I am happy that my son just got offered a job making an obscene amount of money.

I am happy that we all have been working for days on a home improvement project and it is the last one that is major, which also includes organizing my daughter and myself.

Snowy but not snowing Oxford, the roads are chaos so happy I am stocked up and not having to go anywhere.

I think I have finally found THE house for us, overlooking Culloden Moor, very lovely, very old, probably very dammed cold too!! But just perfect for he and me come the spring.

32 days to go till H comes home from Afghan and the very very last det to awful places - this makes my happy meter go ding, ding!! I am hiring a snow making machine so when he comes home he can have a white christmas!! friends are going to come carolling, so will have a Christmas homecoming for him.

My neighbour has given birth to two of the hugest twins I have ever seen, they are like little buddha's - I got to babysit last night, I am longing to be a Granny, but my son says too many women, too little time :-) so I get my baby fixes by proxy. The smell of baby's always makes me happy.

I have bought an old hippy caftan circa 1960's, it came from San Francisco - have spent a happy few hours daydreaming of the sixties when I was growing up and wondering what sights it has seen!!

What do you have to do for the residency test? I am sure most of us Brits would fail if we had to do one!!

Happy Days to All

Snowy but not snowing Oxford, the roads are chaos so happy I am stocked up and not having to go anywhere.

I think I have finally found THE house for us, overlooking Culloden Moor, very lovely, very old, probably very dammed cold too!! But just perfect for he and me come the spring.

32 days to go till H comes home from Afghan and the very very last det to awful places - this makes my happy meter go ding, ding!! I am hiring a snow making machine so when he comes home he can have a white christmas!! friends are going to come carolling, so will have a Christmas homecoming for him.

My neighbour has given birth to two of the hugest twins I have ever seen, they are like little buddha's - I got to babysit last night, I am longing to be a Granny, but my son says too many women, too little time :-) so I get my baby fixes by proxy. The smell of baby's always makes me happy.

I have bought an old hippy caftan circa 1960's, it came from San Francisco - have spent a happy few hours daydreaming of the sixties when I was growing up and wondering what sights it has seen!!

What do you have to do for the residency test? I am sure most of us Brits would fail if we had to do one!!

Happy Days to All

I am very happy for you, that your DH will be home soon! And that you will have a lovely belated Christmas with him. The house/location you describe sounds incredible. I've never been to Scotland, but an uncle, a cousin, and my brother lived there at various locations and times, so I've seen many photos and heard wonderful first-hand descriptions.

I love that you are having Christmas in January with your husband. One year when my daughter was a teen, she was in the hospital with a life-threatening illness the whole month of December. I couldn't even think about decorating and having Christmas. When she recovered and returned home in January, I pulled out all the stops, decorated the house inside and out, and we had a wonderful January Christmas.

I think your interest in heirloom fabric is fantastic. I have lots of old quilts and comforters, some were made by my great-grandmother, circa 1900. I had an old 1970's hippie caftan. Loved the thing! Slick, satiny material, lots of golden orange and yellow with reds, greens, and black in a tribal print. I had a big old 'fro then, too!!! And jeans I split part-way up the outer seams and laced up with fake rawhide strips, and flowers embroidered all over, and a huge smiley face patch on the seat of the pants. omg - I can't believe I'm admitting this. I had tiny oval amber-lense glasses, and a little homemade drawstring pouch to hang around my neck - the hippie equivalent of an asphidity bag, I guess! It makes me laugh out loud just to remember!

Your neighbor's little "fat Buddha" babies sound precious. I love the smell of babies, too. :)

and horses. I love the smell of horses. Is that strange?

I am so happy that you and your husband are so much in love and so happy together.

I am loving the happy thoughts everyone is posting, and that I am focusing on, too. (my SIL would call this schmaltzy - but schmaltzy is good sometimes)

It's a beautiful day here. 26 degrees right now, with a heavy frost, but a high of 60 predicted. The sun is blindingly brilliant and gleaming on the lakes (my house sits on a hill between two), there is a heron wading in the shallows of the south lake, and ducks on the north lake. There are several deer and a flock of wild turkeys grazing the pastures alongside our horses. My little dogs, along with two yellow lab mixes that adopted us, are having a time playing chase. I've stirred up a small fire in the fireplace, fixed a steaming cup of tea, and am snuggled up on the sofa enjoying the tranquility. Soon my grandson will be coming over for breakfast, so the tranquility won't last for long! I've lived here for several years, but every day when I look outside, I feel like I'm on vacation at some lovely nature preserve. I am really grateful for my home. I wish I could post pictures of the outdoor scenery, and of the fire this morning.

Did I mention that I'm grateful for the peace in my life? That I am living free of turmoil. That I am surrounded by people who love me.

It's blowing a gale, the snow is swirling so much I feel I am living in my very own snow globe.

I am happy that I reported my neighbours to the RSPCA, they have their poor dogs out in this freezing weather and they have been crying for the past few days and nights - now to tell the neighbour what I have done.

Comms have been really good to Afghan this past few days, spoke to my H and he is counting the days, as am I. I have had my orders for Christmas dinner when he comes home - boy will he be suprised. I have asked the local Salvation Army if, for a handsome donation, if they will come carolling in January. yay, result.

I have popped the hugest stone out of my salivary gland today!! took a lot of lemon sucking and it hurt like hell, but it has gone - stone popper extraordinaire, does it make me happy Nope but it makes me unique amongst my friends. If only I could have managed the Tequilla and salt too!

My son is home tomorrow for the holidays, he is a London Bobby, glad he managed Christmas leave - for those who worry about exam results and their children - mine was so sport foccused he couldn't be bothered with his exams. Left school, went abroad teaching children with autism to swim and gym for a few years, came back, managed a gym then joined the police. He is a really fine man. They all find their place at some point.

Happy days for all ... I hope.

• Author
I am happy that I reported my neighbours to the RSPCA, they have their poor dogs out in this freezing weather and they have been crying for the past few days and nights - now to tell the neighbour what I have done.

I am happy you did that too - how awful!

Glad you sorted your stone out - it sounds really nasty.

I'm happy that some airports in the UK and Europe are open...

It's 1:20 am here, 58 degrees outside, and we (family and a few friends) are outside watching the lunar eclipse. It's about 3/4ths of the way covered. Lots of heavy clouds, but enough breaks that we can see it well. Our hill is great for sky-watching. Wide open space for about 200 acres, no neighbors and no lights of any sort, except what we turn on. The temp is so mild, perfect for being outdoors tonight. I love being outdoors at night. When I was a little kid, I used to go outside and play in the middle of the night. (I still do)

Just a sliver of moon still showing. A little breeze is picking up, and my daughter just brought out hot peach tea. :)

I'm happy I got to see the lunar eclipse thanks to FOG. I read your first post and grabbed my kid and best friend and went outside and got to see it good. Clouds are now covering it completely.

I'm happy I got to see the lunar eclipse thanks to FOG. I read your first post and grabbed my kid and best friend and went outside and got to see it good. Clouds are now covering it completely.

Now that makes ME happy! I'm glad to know at least one of my posts on LS was helpful to someone!':laugh:

I am happy to be really stressed out (2 doctors appts in one day)...

Well, I could not go off topic, and am working really hard to stay on topic and wanted to post in this thread today:D

We had a lovely day last minute shoping in Oxford. There were carollers dressed in Dickensian clothes, there was snow, we had hot chocolate and it was just so festive and lovely. It made me feel very comfortably happy.

Spoke to my H, the countdown to him coming home is now less than 30 days!!

Managed to stuff the turkey into the fridge!! there are just two of us and the turkey is massive. I have gone totally overboard on food, as usual, but had friends around for drinks and nibbles it was a lovely happy night. So many of us have husbands or wives away this year.

I had acupuncutre for my muscle spasms, it seems to have done the trick. So very happy to have a relatively pain free Xmas.

Madam Madpants, the naughty younger labrador loves snow!! just watching her hoovering the stuff up and rolling around in it is such a lovely joyous thing to watch.

Happy Days to everyone x

Im about to go food shopping with my mom and its 2am, we do it every christmas to avoid to panic shoppers...she made my dad open a bottle of champagne earlier when they both got in from work.. I like seeing them happy!

Even at 23, I'm never too old for cuddles from my mom, I love her shes my angel xxxx

I've been AWOL for a few months and just came back today to say hello. Life has been pretty good.

I'm happy to see The Happy Thread is still alive and well.:laugh:

A very special hello (and goodbye) to Jennie-Jennie who I hear has been banned for alarming the mod. We'll miss the excellent posting and support she offered. Send her an email or PM me and I'll forward what I can to her. I sincerely hope I don't get in trouble for this; I just hate seeing someone so loved be cut off so suddenly. I'm sure she needs support at this time.

Merry Christmas to all.

xoxo

White Flower.

PS. I'll be back to post more.:cool:

I've been AWOL for a few months and just came back today to say hello. Life has been pretty good.

A very special hello (and goodbye) to Jennie-Jennie who I hear has been banned for alarming the mod. We'll miss the excellent posting and support she offered. Send her an email or PM me and I'll forward what I can to her. I sincerely hope I don't get in trouble for this; I just hate seeing someone so loved be cut off so suddenly. I'm sure she needs support at this time.

Merry Christmas to all.

xoxo

White Flower.

I am very happy to see you WF as my heart was literally broken when I got the word about Jennie.

I am happy that my life was changed forever thanks to her. I know now that I don't have to be hateful and angry to exist in this life.

Merry Christmas to all.

xoxo

White Flower.

Is "alarming the mod" something disallowed in the TOS? She must have specifically done something against the TOS to be permanently(?) banned.

Personally I have never minded Jennie's slant on things. Even her regular and frequent accusations to other posters of "twisting my words" were indicative of her views on life, and how other people have treated her in her life. It was a real pity in my view, how she felt entitled to dish out pretty awful treatment to the wife and family of her MM.

Edited to add: Oops I thought I was in the other thread, something like "why expect more if it's just an affair". So to keep on track with the happy bit: It's boxing day afternoon here. We had a wonderful Christmas day yesterday. Although we are secular, we go all out to celebrate with our own version of Christmas and we have lots of family rituals which all the kids (both little and adults) really enjoy. We always finish off the night with hilarious games of charades.

Edited by SidLyon

Merry Christmas everyone. I am happy that I was able to spend the day with much of my family and my loved ones. Still a little sad that not everyone could be there. The holidays have been tough for me since my mom passed away but I seem to be coping better this year. I think I've finally made it to the acceptance stage.

I hope everyone is finding joy and happiness in their lives tonight. If you're sad tonight know you're not alone and give yourself a big hug.

Merry Christmas to all.

xoxo

White Flower.

[inbeforethedeletesweep=Ms. Red]

Just got home from work. I'm happy I got to work today and get paid 2.5x's my pay! And, I basically sat around in the patients waiting area and watched t.v. and browsed the Internet on my phone without one Out-patient coming in all shift.

Good to see you WF. I was just wondering about you the other day when I saw one of your old posts somewhere.

Bolded: Yes, it's sad to see that happen. I will miss her. It really seems this forum is only for "Support and discussion for those who find themselves involved with a committed partner and don't like it" Any of those who are content don't last. *sigh*

I'm happy my kid had a good day with his family (my in-laws). Now he just called for me to pick him up and it's time for me to go down and finally meet my ES (estranged husband)'s married woman girlfriend. Blarg! [/outbeforethedeletesweep]

Merry Christmas everyone. I am happy that I was able to spend the day with much of my family and my loved ones. Still a little sad that not everyone could be there. The holidays have been tough for me since my mom passed away but I seem to be coping better this year. I think I've finally made it to the acceptance stage.

I hope everyone is finding joy and happiness in their lives tonight. If you're sad tonight know you're not alone and give yourself a big hug.

I am so sorry Awkward ((((((((((hugs)))))))))), I understand how you feel...I really do hope it gets much better in that area:(

Happy Christmas is over.

Happy my son is alive

Happy my sister-in-law and niece stopped by for a couple hours.

Happy the snow came.

Happy that by next weekend, I will have my house back and it will be just H and I. :love:

Happy that I have awesome friends who have been my rock the past week.