Appearing wealthy to attract dates.

Originally posted by loony

You are not?

Why is my cynicism and malevolence relevant to the discussion? Never mind, that's a rhetorical question. Of course, you seem to think that every one of my questions are. Either that, or you just don't have suitable answers and don't want to admit that.

I didn't say an hour's income. If he bought me flowers I would be happy with this. If he bought me a really good book and spent time choosing one that I really like I would also be happy with this. I would not understand it though if he spent less money on me than any of my friends who earns less than he does.

Why on earth would he be competing with your friends in terms of the amount of money he'd need to spend on your gifts?

I doubt that I will ever date such a wealthy man that he doesn't have time for me. Of course he's supposed to have time for me, if not, why would he want a girlfriend?

Okay, I'm going to introduce a novel concept to you. When someone ends a sentence with that squiggly thingy with a dot at the bottom, it's called a question and one is encouraged to respond to it. Try it sometime.

He may want a girlfriend with whom he can spend time two or three times a week. Hopefully she won't need him to prove his love by working less, or sleeping less, to make even more time for her.

Originally posted by MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

So once you find your gold digger who turns out to be a genuine NON-gold digger, will you be any less frugal? IE will you still be a cheap a**h*** who doesn't even want to try to spoil your special lady once in a while?

A special lady is a special lady.

Quick update. I just got the car, it's a pleasure to drive, new cars just feel so tight.

My only feedback is from my employees. The classy one's barely pay it any notice. Some make mention that apparently I could afford to pay them better...a couple were just joking, another is deadly bitter.

3 spent their break period staring and sniffing it. 1 guy spent 10 minutes doing the same, but it was on MY time...gotta talk to that boy.

Most of the above mentioned were male, the ladies from the office on vacation this week. That leaves me kind of busy.

Of course the car saleswomen said it fit me well :)

Updates (as requested, will follow)

Originally posted by Gold Pile

Whaaaaatttt? The Person who sold you the car said it fit you well? :confused:

I can't imagine why?

:lmao:

Commission baby yeah!

whichwayisup

Quick update. I just got the car, it's a pleasure to drive, new cars just feel so tight.

My only feedback is from my employees. The classy one's barely pay it any notice. Some make mention that apparently I could afford to pay them better...a couple were just joking, another is deadly bitter.

3 spent their break period staring and sniffing it. 1 guy spent 10 minutes doing the same, but it was on MY time...gotta talk to that boy.

Most of the above mentioned were male, the ladies from the office on vacation this week. That leaves me kind of busy.

Updates (as requested, will follow)

Originally posted by Merin

Whaaaaatttt? The Person who sold you the car said it fit you well? :confused:

I can't imagine why?

:lmao:

Commission baby yeah!

Yup! Hook, line and sinker. Even if the car DIDN'T fit you, she would have said the samething. It all comes down to $$ in that type of business.

Originally posted by whichwayisup

Yup! Hook, line and sinker. Even if the car DIDN'T fit you, she would have said the samething. It all comes down to $$ in that type of business.

In your haste to dislike Goldpile, you missed the "of course" with which he started the statement. He knew it was nonsense, and is focused on sharpening his antennae to pick up on those sorts of self-serving compliments from women.

A Fly onThe Wall

The classy one's barely pay it any notice.

Go figure...

But remember your not after classy ladies.. Your after trash.. Trash will just love the car..

Originally posted by scratch

In your haste to dislike Goldpile, you missed the "of course" with which he started the statement. He knew it was nonsense, and is focused on sharpening his antennae to pick up on those sorts of self-serving compliments from women.

Interesting that he knew/knows it was nonsense when the sale's Woman stated how perfect the car is for him as it was obviously self serving... but on the other hand the reason he purchased the car was with the idea that he could give off the impression of wealth to lure and/or attract Women to date... self serving... Everyone is happy.

Well unless the Women he is hoping to lure with his car ALSO are able to detect bullsh*t for self serving purposes...

Originally posted by Merin

Interesting that he knew/knows it was nonsense when the sale's Woman stated how perfect the car is for him as it was obviously self serving... but on the other hand the reason he purchased the car was with the idea that he could give off the impression of wealth to lure and/or attract Women to date... self serving... Everyone is happy.

Well unless the Women he is hoping to lure with his car ALSO are able to detect bullsh*t for self serving purposes...

I don't see the contradiction. He opened the thread to learn how to make his facade of wealth as opaque as possible. His objectives and motives are extremely self seriving, but he's honest about it.

Would I do what he's doing? No, because there are easier ways to get pussy. However, given his plan, he's well served to maintain an air of cynical amusement when people try to run his own game back at him, be they dates or salespeople.

I don't see the contradiction. He opened the thread to learn how to make his facade of wealth as opaque as possible. His objectives and motives are extremely self seriving, but he's honest about it.

Would I do what he's doing? No, because there are easier ways to get pussy. However, given his plan, he's well served to maintain an air of cynical amusement when people try to run his own game back at him, be they dates or salespeople.

I'm not saying there is a contradiction, I'm saying that while he was able to detect self serving BS from the sales Woman he would also be wise to understand there will be plenty of Women he may wish to date who are just as sharp... so we agree on this.

Why is my cynicism and malevolence relevant to the discussion?

Because people like you have problems understanding what I'm saying.

Why on earth would he be competing with your friends in terms of the amount of money he'd need to spend on your gifts?

Would you want a girlfriend who treats you less nicely than your friends do? You don't believe that being generous is a sign for someone's affection for you, but I do, therefore it's only logical when I expect him to spend as much money on me as my other friends.

Okay, I'm going to introduce a novel concept to you. When someone ends a sentence with that squiggly thingy with a dot at the bottom, it's called a question and one is encouraged to respond to it. Try it sometime.

Go and ask me something intelligent and I will answer. :p

He may want a girlfriend with whom he can spend time two or three times a week. Hopefully she won't need him to prove his love by working less, or sleeping less, to make even more time for her.

I'd prefer to see my boyfriend more than three times a week and if he wanted to see me less I'd assume that he just isnt that interested in me.

Obviously we don't have the same beliefs, so stop bugging me when I equal generosity with affection (and no, just because someone always pays doesn't mean that he's generous). If you don't see any logic in it, then please trust my experience that men who are tight with their money are also not really giving emotionally (whatever the reason for this is), they always expect something back and I don't think that's how love should be.

Obviously we don't have the same beliefs, so stop bugging me when I equal generosity with affection (and no, just because someone always pays doesn't mean that he's generous). If you don't see any logic in it, then please trust my experience that men who are tight with their money are also not really giving emotionally (whatever the reason for this is), they always expect something back and I don't think that's how love should be.

I think you're going to throw away a lot of good guys with that belief. From the experiences you described, I think you've made a bad correlation.

I agree that if a guy seems to expect something from you or expects you to be eternally grateful that he shelled out a few bucks, you've probably got a loser on your hands. But if a guy just doesn't spend more on you than your friends do, that doesn't say anything. If he's caring, kind, and gives you attention and respect, then who cares how much money he spent on you.

Gold Pile, let us know when you go on your first 'outing' and tell us the results. I think what you're doing is low, but I'm interested to know how it turns out. Just please don't lead the women on. When you're sleeping with them, don't lead them to think it's any more than a one night thing.

Like others have said, I do think you picked the wrong type of car though. It seems everybody's got a BMW. It's becoming about as much of a status symbol as a Mustang. ;)

Good luck to ya. Hope neither you or anyone else gets hurt.

Originally posted by crazy_grl

But if a guy just doesn't spend more on you than your friends do, that doesn't say anything. If he's caring, kind, and gives you attention and respect, then who cares how much money he spent on you.

Generosity is giving freely in a non-commitical way. Surprising someone with a book of her favorite author at times for instance. Or reciting a poem to one's beloved. Nowhere in the concept of generosity it is implied that the most important aspect of the giving is the monetary value of what is given.

You can be generous in many ways, and it does not necessarily imply spending big bucks, if at all. Or should we define generosity and love all in monetary terms? :confused:

Originally posted by d'Arthez

Generosity is giving freely in a non-commitical way. Surprising someone with a book of her favorite author at times for instance. Or reciting a poem to one's beloved. Nowhere in the concept of generosity it is implied that the most important aspect of the giving is the monetary value of what is given.

You can be generous in many ways, and it does not necessarily imply spending big bucks, if at all. Or should we define generosity and love all in monetary terms? :confused:

Ummm... are you arguing with me?? It seems like you are, but you're saying the exact same thing I was. I don't disagree with you in any way. I disagree with loony that you should judge your SO based on whether they spend as much or more money on you than your friends do.

Obviously I don't really explain myself well, but whatever. I feel that when you're in love with someone all you want is to give yourself, your heart, your emotions, all that you have to this person. Money is just a part of this equation. It's not about getting expensive gifts. And even when you're not in love, you try to make this person that you care for happy, with whatever you have which also includes money provided that you can afford it.

Ummm... are you arguing with me?? It seems like you are, but you're saying the exact same thing I was. I don't disagree with you in any way. I disagree with loony that you should judge your SO based on whether they spend as much or more money on you than your friends do.

We're talking about a wealthy man and compare him with my friends who are absolutely not wealthy. If they managed to get me more expensive gifts than he does, then I do wonder about it. If they buy me a nice book or a T-shirt and invite me for dinner on my birthday and my boyfriend doesn't even manage this, then I think I should be allowed to wonder, do I? Please don't tell me that money doesn't count, would you be happy if he invited you to some coffee and ice cream on your birthday and that was it? His gift would lack the thoughts that my friends put behind their gifts for me and I would also find it quite meager.

3 spent their break period staring and sniffing it. 1 guy spent 10 minutes doing the same,

It sounds as if you're getting fast results.

Originally posted by lindya

It sounds as if you're getting fast results.

Yeah, except those were guys doing the staring and sniffing. I don't think that's what he's going for. ;)

A Fly onThe Wall

Yeah, except those were guys doing the staring and sniffing.

Yes but now he is the proud owner of a beamer.. A car anyone can own..

They were staring because they couldn't figure out what he was so hyped up about.. Even their honda has power windows :) and power seats:)

And the sniffing.... Did anyone check their shoes ?? :laugh:

Maybe they were staring because they couldn't figure why somebody would be so so pleased with himself over owning a beemer. So they were trying to figure out what was so special about this particular beemer to make him that happy.

In your haste to dislike Goldpile, you missed the "of course" with which he started the statement. He knew it was nonsense

Thanks scratch. I'm very disappointed in their thickness. You can find traces of humor in some of my posts, but a few are way too uptight.

PS: my wife likes the new car too, but she doesn't know about my gold digger plans.

People, we call this humor.

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

Go figure...

But remember your not after classy ladies.. Your after trash.. Trash will just love the car..

Being materialistic might not be a saintly quality, but niether is it trash.

my experience that men who are tight with their money are also not really giving emotionally (whatever the reason for this is), they always expect something back and I don't think that's how love should be.

You're onto something there. I don't think it's expecting service for money spent, it's more of a fairs fair thing.

keeping everthing 50 50.