Appearing wealthy to attract dates.

Originally posted by A Fly onThe Wall

My ex wife owns a Texaco C-store and her gas drive offs are always the rich guy in the bmw or the corvette..

cause they need the money to make the car payments :laugh:

I have dated several wealthy men and they are the cheapest SOB's ever. 2 of them we're mulit millionairs and dressed is cargo shorts and drove older car's. You just never know

whichwayisup
ETA: WWIU, you seemed outraged because you criticized the guy for pursuing a strategy where he will end up alone, although he specifically said he wanted to end up alone.

I'm not outraged. Obviously putting down my thoughts and opinion doesn't count. I couldn't give a crap either way, but please stop saying I'm outraged. I'm not. You're reading into what I'm saying and putting your own personal spin on it.

If a woman wants to fall into his trap, I pity her as she will get hurt. This guy seems like a player and is only out for one thing. That's fine, it's what he wants, and doesn't care he'll end up alone! I made a point, you disagreed and that is that.

Originally posted by Stone

I have dated several wealthy men and they are the cheapest SOB's ever. 2 of them we're mulit millionairs and dressed is cargo shorts and drove older car's. You just never know

My favorite pair of jeans have about 30 holes in them, and my favorite shirt is a very faded blue with white spots here and there from cleaning the pool and spilling chemicals on it......if I'm running into town for a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread, I'd rather hop in the farm truck and let my lab ride in the back.

You'd never tell how well Mrs. Moose and I are doing.

Originally posted by UltimateZen

Women lie every day when they get out of bed. They wear makeup to hide blemishes, they wear tall heels to appear taller, they wear push up bras to make their breasts look bigger. They buy expensive clothing to make them appear desirable.

You know, this actually offended me. I know what you meant, and on one level I can agree with it. But that's a mighty broad brush you're using to tar all women with. Most of my friends wear jeans and Ts everyday, don't use makeup, wear flats, and often don't wear bras. The only times we *do* dress to the nines are for a special occasions, a boardroom presentation, or to have some fun with looking extra pretty.

Honestly, I see guys primping and preening as much or more than most of my women friends.

Back to the topic at hand. Some of the wealthiest guys I know dress in cargo pants and drive 10-year old Subaru Outbacks. One guy, who is a billionaire, wears Hawaiian shirts, dockers, and drives a Ford pick up. Go figure. Many of the wealthiest men I know didn't even finish college. I've never dated any of these men, but I'm good friends with them and hang out with them. I suppose I *would* have dated them *if* they'd asked -- but I'm nowhere near their level of wealth, and that probably put me into the "friends" category. The ones that are married found wives who weren't into the money and who were genuinely interested in their work. And the wives are rather plain looking, don't wear makeup, etc. The common factor in these marriages was mutual interests (flying planes, making movies, starting companies, etc.) and being well off enough that the incomes of either partner just didn't matter anymore. The truly wealthy really don't even think about money. Must be nice. :confused:

I think there's a real difference in attitude between the wannabes and the truly wealthy. The truly wealthy can afford to be authentic, to let all the quirks and idiosyncrasies just hang out there and not worry what people think. So be careful what you wish for! If you're after money, or someone attracted to wealth, you might wind up with a wannabe and not the genuine article.

Originally posted by Moose

according to stats, we cannot identify 70% of millionaires because they keep such a low profile.

whichwayisup

Great post reply Centered!

I don't wear makeup, I don't like highheels (I'd kill myself walking in them! :laugh: ), and I have self confidence and I feel GOOD without makeup. I'm sure, like many women, I'd look alot prettier with it on, bringing out my blue eyes and enhancing features, but I don't feel the need to. My husband prefers me with no makeup and I'm fine with that.

I do wear it on certain occasions, weddings etc, cuz that is what is expected.

Ha, I only wear bra's when I HAVE to...Most of the time, I let 'em be free! :laugh:;)

Originally posted by alphamale

according to stats, we cannot identify 70% of millionaires because they keep such a low profile.

Funny that Thurston Howell never hooked up with Ginger OR Mary Ann... :confused::lmao:

A Fly onThe Wall
Originally posted by alphamale

The people that are easy to identify are the ones that don't have money but are trying to look like they do..

The guy in the 911 next to you driving down the road most likely doesn't have a pot to pis* in.

By the way moose.. I wear levis to work with hiking boots, shop at target and walmart drive a Sequoia and you'd never know

that I have several decent sized companies and property in several states.. and do quite well personally

I call people like us " sleepers "

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

If I stumbled across a rich dude it would be by accident cuz I'd be attracted to the one in the old jeans, beer shirt, unshaven face, (but a nice truck!) who looks like he just cleaned the dog poo up in his backyard himself.

The guy sitting in the lounge in a Ralph Lauren polo shirt sipping a brandy would not get a 2nd glance from me.

He's gotta be approachable and easy to talk to.

Originally posted by MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

The guy sitting in the lounge in a Ralph Lauren polo shirt sipping a brandy would not get a 2nd glance from me.

Hey! WTF...that's me, except I'd be drinking a Jack on the rocks :lmao:

By the way moose.. I wear levis to work with hiking boots, shop at target and walmart drive a Sequoia and you'd never know
Don't get me totally wrong though.....we do like to dress up and drive the Lambo replica or the old jag when we go out to eat with our friends or family sometimes.......

we do like to dress up and drive the Lambo replica

Replica? :D You think chicks can't tell the difference? ;)

Originally posted by centered

Replica? :D You think chicks can't tell the difference? ;)

You can't mine! ;)

You can't mine! ;)

Ha! Pop that hood! Let's take a look! ;) (Lams are one of my favorite cars!)

Ha! Pop that hood! Let's take a look! ;) (Lams are one of my favorite cars!)

Actually, you mean, "Pop that trunk"....... ;) I have a machinist that mills out the lambo logo on the turbo manifold, so it looks authentic.....so, that won't work either.....unless you REALLY know your lambos...

Actually, you mean, "Pop that trunk"....... ;) I have a machinist that mills out the lambo logo on the turbo manifold, so it looks authentic.....so, that won't work either.....unless you REALLY know your lambos...

Why not just buy a real one? It's rather ironic that first you start by explaining how you avoid showing your wealth, then turn around and demonstrate a behavior designed to display inauthentic wealth.

Originally posted by scratch

Why not just buy a real one? It's rather ironic that first you start by explaining how you avoid showing your wealth, then turn around and demonstrate a behavior designed to display inauthentic wealth.

For kit builders, it's about how real you can make it look. It's not about wealth. I don't think Moose is trying to be flashy -- just having some fun.

For kit builders, it's about how real you can make it look. It's not about wealth. I don't think Moose is trying to be flashy -- just having some fun.

"I have a machinist that mills out the lambo logo on the turbo manifold, so it looks authentic."

"We do like to dress up and drive the Lambo replica or the old jag when we go out to eat with our friends or family sometimes."

Based on those quotes from him, I'm inclined to disagree with you.

MWC_LifeBeginsAt40

I like ya Moose but I have to agree with scratch. Alot of people wear jeans and hiking boots and have holes in their shirts because that's all we have. We can't go out and buy a flashy car and zoot suit to go to the country club for a fancy dinner cuz all that's in our budget is maybe a large pizza.

And if I met some rich dude to take me to one of those fancy places in his fancy car, he'd better have some fancy change to buy me something to wear or I'd show up in my hiking boots! (Actually I don't have hiking boots - I'd have to wear my flip flops!) Oh, but I'll paint my toenails for ya!

Why not just buy a real one?
That's too easy......I love toying in my garage.....
It's rather ironic that first you start by explaining how you avoid showing your wealth,
Actually, I don't avoid showing my wealth at all. I dress comfortably everywhere I go. When I'm home or out and about it's the blue jeans, wal mart tennis shoes, old blue shirt and pick up truck. At work it's dress slacks, button up collar, joseph seibles and the 2005 Durango....(which has been in the shop 3 times thus far for all wheel drive problems), and only when Mrs. Moose allows me to drive it. Otherwise it's the 04' Lincoln......the other vehicles are my play toys that keeps me occupied in my, "Family Avoidance Center", AKA my garage.....

Actually, I don't avoid showing my wealth at all.

Dude, you're making this too easy. Just apologize for being inconsistent and go on about your business.

There's nothing wrong with inauthentic displays of wealth, or inauthentic displays of poverty (relatively speaking). However, I take umbridge with the way you waffle between the two, seeking validation as the tides change.

Moose, I'm not really railing against you personally. There are an unnerving number of instances of feet of clay on this board, but that seems to be the way people like it.

Dude, you're making this too easy. Just apologize for being inconsistent and go on about your business.

There's nothing wrong with inauthentic displays of wealth, or inauthentic displays of poverty (relatively speaking). However, I take umbridge with the way you waffle between the two, seeking validation as the tides change.

Moose, I'm not really railing against you personally. There are an unnerving number of instances of feet of clay on this board, but that seems to be the way people like it.

Dude, you hilarous..... :laugh: I mentioned my favorite clothes....and you assume I meant I hide my wealth......not my fault you don't know how to read...... :laugh:

Besides Scratch.....I'm at work 47.5 hours 5 days a week, the rest of the time at home in those blue jeans and shirt, driving the farm truck.....on Saturdays I'm usually at home doin' the yard thingy or garage thingy....on Sundays well......that's a no brainer.....it's rare we get to go out all flashy....use some horse sense dude.......

Gold Pile.

You're going through way too much trouble, and burning through more money than you have.

Buy a cheap wedding band, borrow someone's toddler, and call it day.

The kind of shallow-minded bimbos you're looking to attract will find you irresistible. ;)