So i got contacted through FB..

• Author
Get as carried away as you want on LS. Be calm, cool & collected around her. The sketch is a bit much for a 2nd date but I thought you had already decided to do it. If you haven't pulling back is good.

yeah exactly, will try and stay as calm around here and yep LS is good for this sort of thing. will save that gift idea for a later date i think :)

• Like 2
  • Author

I can happily confirm that we are going out bowling on Thursday :)

• Like 10

At the bowling alley the stronger player should get up close behind the other with the pretense of helping with form.

lol

• Like 3
  • Author
At the bowling alley the stronger player should get up close behind the other with the pretense of helping with form.

lol

hehe good idea ;)

lol

ROFL, excellent suggestion. :lmao:

Happy for you, OP!

• Like 4
  • Author

date today, yipee!! :D bowling and then dinner. will tell the details afterwords.

• Like 6
  • Author

wow what a lovely date :)

We went for bowling and ended up playing most of the afternoon, really fun time never felt quite so comfortable with a date before, and that i could not to have to worry about what to say because she always likes what i have to say. never had anything close to this before :) afterwords we went for pizza hut and had a really nice chat.

I haven't kissed her yet, because it takes her a lot to get comfortable around someone, so we are taking slow and steady working our way up to it, better than rushing and ruining the spark, though i did give her a nice hug at the end (she said i was a nice hugger ;) ), by the end we were talking about second date ideas, might be going to a late night movie or something after we finish work.

P.S As a sign of faith in this i'm deleting all my online dating profile :)

• Like 10

Glad you are pacing yourself after her two warnings about wanting to take it slow. She's nixed kissing for now, but I think you should be putting your arm around her and doing hugging and all that to keep her warmed up until it's kiss time so you don't get friendzoned, which would be tragic.

• Like 5
  • Author

nope i'm not going to get friendzoned with this one, she confessed something rather sweet to me soon after online about the real way she found and why she messaged me:

I didn't tell you this cause didn't wanna come across really sad before I knew we would become friends but I actually found you in a slightly different way to what I said LOL

okay....I was really, really bored one night so I went on POF and searched so I could read idiot profiles as friend said some were funny! Yours came up "single, geeky, romantic" I think, I actually thought your profile was really cool, anyway I fbooked searched you to see if it was your real name and you were actually from where it said you were......I thought he's nice, cool sculptures It took me two weeks to decide to message you LOL!.....I decided i'd only tell you that if I thought this could continue and it has so that's technically how we met

:) and she said about my appearance:

You have lovely eyes and a nice smile so what isn't there to like

first time i've ever been told that by anyone, she also think i look in glasses ;) i pull off the look well according to her. she also thought the date was perfect.

Edited by Targetlock
  • Like 6
  • Author
I like your optimism & continue to wish you success & happiness.

one of things she likes about me, that and she thinks i am one of the nicest guys she has ever met ;)

• Like 4

Wow, how have I missed this thread? It was nice reading it all in one sitting, like a novel! :D

I am very excited for you and hope things continue to go well.

And it is great that she loves that you are a nice guy. Just don't wait TOO long to kiss her. The next date would be perfect. No crazy making out yet - just a simple sweet passionate kiss.

Yeah! You deserve some happiness!

• Like 6
  • Author

thanks and yeah, i think it is about time :)

I've never properly kissed a girl before, any advice?

The Second Date :)

wow what a lovely date :)

We went for bowling and ended up playing most of the afternoon, really fun time never felt quite so comfortable with a date before, and that i could not to have to worry about what to say because she always likes what i have to say. never had anything close to this before :) afterwords we went for pizza hut and had a really nice chat.

I haven't kissed her yet, because it takes her a lot to get comfortable around someone, so we are taking slow and steady working our way up to it, better than rushing and ruining the spark, though i did give her a nice hug at the end (she said i was a nice hugger ;) ), by the end we were talking about second date ideas, might be going to a late night movie or something after we finish work.

P.S As a sign of faith in this i'm deleting all my online dating profile :)

Sounds like things are working out great for you.

Little confused, was this the first or second date?

If next date is the third, go ahead and kiss her.

The simplest way I can think of to have a first kiss is just to give the girl a good hug at the end of the date, then pull your head back a little while still embracing her, look into her eyes, and give her a quick kiss on the lips.

That's what I did at the end of my third date with my ex. After the quick first kiss, her eyes and face lit up and she pretty much attacked me she was so excited.

• Like 2
thanks and yeah, i think it is about time :)

I've never properly kissed a girl before, any advice?

Make sure you have good breath. Carry gum or mints with you, and don't eat anything overly garlicy or oniony or greasy before going in for the kiss.

Wait for the right moment. Not the end of the date, but a moment where you feel very connected to her.

Put your arms around her, give her a little smile, then put your lips to hers. Same as you would kiss a friend/relative, but instead of smacking and pulling away, just linger there for a few seconds, with your lips softly pressed together.

Pay attention to her body language... if she is pressing up against you and seems into it, pull away for a moment, look into her eyes, then go back in. If she seems too nervous, leave it there for now.

When you go back in the second time, actually kiss her. It's hard to describe the motion of kissing, but certainly you've watched enough movies to know in theory how to do it. LOL Don't use tongue yet, unless she does, and if so, go with it. :D

Can't wait to hear about your first kiss. How exciting.

• Like 5
  • Author

next date is a romantic movie date ;) so maybe then and that will be our third date.

• Like 3
  • Author

Well we are taking the physical side slow but the emotional side is definitely there! we are quite crazy for each other :D she certainly likes me its just the physical aspect we need to work on, she is shy and cautious about opening up and i have no real experience so just nerves i guess. we want to see each other sooner but work and other plans are causing conflict.

P.S i have been completely honest with my lack of relationship and other experience and she thinks it is sweet and surprising and it doesn't bother her at all, she wishes her previous experiences never happened.

Edited by Targetlock
  • Like 8
TouchedByViolet

Have you kissed her yet? By the third date there should be some lip action initiated on your part. You don't need to jam your tongue down her throat but definitely a light and long kiss on the lips is necessary.

• Author

No i havent kissed yet i havent kissed a girl properly before but hope to on the third date :)

• Like 3

Oh my goodness... Late to the party, but woo hoo!! Congratulations, Targetlock. It couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! So happy for you.:)

By the way, don't worry about gushing as long as she reciprocates. My boyfriend gushed so much mushy stuff when we first started dating, I'm sure he would have lost his man card in the locker room. But I found it cute and endearing.:love: Just be you.

• Like 5

Congrats! I'm glad things are going well for you! Isn't it funny how you were probably concerned about not having someone and yet this great girl was thinking about you for two weeks while you had no clue. We just never know what God has in store for us. Sounds very sweet. Wish you all the best.

• Like 2
  • Author
Congrats! I'm glad things are going well for you! Isn't it funny how you were probably concerned about not having someone and yet this great girl was thinking about you for two weeks while you had no clue. We just never know what God has in store for us. Sounds very sweet. Wish you all the best.

yes life works in wonderful ad mysterious ways :) its like we found each other. we have both said we believe we were meant to find each other.

And as for the mushy stuff, i've written her poetry which she finds sweet and very romantic :) we want to meet sooner but work and stuff are causing conflicts.

• Like 1