So i got contacted through FB..

Congrats target im really happy for you its nice to see one of the nice respectful positive guys around here have something going for them..

^^^absolutely!!!^^^

Didn't I just say something the other say about patience? And target's attitude possibly being contagious here on the forum?

Yay!

• Like 4

Digital hi-five mate! Good going

Wouldn't worry about gifts and stuff right now though. Spending time is more than enough. Save stuff like that for the next date. Plan where you want to go instead, location is everything.

Enjoy the moment.

• Like 1

Congrats dude, somehow I knew this was going to turn out all right. :D

Myself however...I don't seem to be granted such fortune lol. :p

Yet another one who plays mindgames and constantly forces me to take the initiative. /Sigh. :/

• Author
Targetlock! Any updates?

Not really much so far, going to hopefully meet next week for bowling and maybe food :D we are both really eager to meet and can't messaging and texting each other. had a wonderful chat will her late into the late where we we both realised we are on the same page. we aren't going to rush things, slow and steady wins the race :D she was the worth the wait and every step on the path that led to her.

She was worried that i thought that i could do better for example!! i doubt it to be honest, she is wonderful and i feel sorry for people who can't see her in the way i do :D scares me sort of that she might the same thing i am feeling for her.

'Things come to those who wait.'

never did get that saying until now, when life comes knocking, you answer the door!!

Thanks all :D

• Like 1
  • Author
Congrats dude, somehow I knew this was going to turn out all right. :D

Myself however...I don't seem to be granted such fortune lol. :p

Yet another one who plays mindgames and constantly forces me to take the initiative. /Sigh. :/

thanks and why do people play mind games? life is too short. we have both been up front and honest with each other :D and that is what she likes about me.

thanks and why do people play mind games? life is too short. we have both been up front and honest with each other :D and that is what she likes about me.

I honestly don't know, but these mindgames are REALLY p*ssing me off... :/

It's funny, as I too say the "Life is too short to play these bs games" line far too often. :)

I'm always honest, yet haven't found anyone yet who appreciates it.

Ironically finding someone who is also honest like myself seems like an impossible task.

It's always either that or women who only want to be platonic "friends".

I have enough friends already and don't desire more.

It's funny, as I too say the "Life is too short to play these bs games" line far too often. :)

Ironically finding someone who is also honest like myself seems like an impossible task.

keep them as a friend and maybe they will introduce you to some of theirs friends ;)

btw congrat Congrat Targetlock ^^

• Like 2
  • Author

sorry to hear that, shame you aren't sharing my good fortune and all it takes is just one special person it seems :)

• Like 1
keep them as a friend and maybe they will introduce you to some of theirs friends ;)

btw congrat Congrat Targetlock ^^

Although it's a great idea, it has backfired plenty of times in the past, lol. ^^

Despite me keeping in contact with them.

sorry to hear that, shame you aren't sharing my good fortune and all it takes is just one special person it seems :)

Indeed. All I desire is just ONE person, and my standards aren't even that high haha. :D

Oh well, guess my current future is to remain single as my attempts to remedy that have failed.

Been single for 2,5 years now, might as well add a few more years with my luck, lol. ^^

Subconsciously I feel I've given up on dating.

Why bother when the end result is always the same: a rejection or "just friends" where they don't introduce me to their social circles lol. :p

• Author
Indeed. All I desire is just ONE person, and my standards aren't even that high haha. :D

Oh well, guess my current future is to remain single as my attempts to remedy that have failed.

Been single for 2,5 years now, might as well add a few more years with my luck, lol. ^^

Subconsciously I feel I've given up on dating.

Why bother when the end result is always the same: a rejection or "just friends" where they don't introduce me to their social circles lol. :p

the funny thing is that right before this happened, i had almost given up as well and didn't know where to turn or what to try next so my advice, never give up :) you never know what might happen!

• Like 3
hasaquestion
yes we ended up talking about bowling so will hopefully do that :)

Dude you're a boss and you don't even know it

• Like 1
  • Author
Dude you're a boss and you don't even know it

Thanks, not sure about that but whatever i am doing seems to be working :)

I am really happy to hear it went well, this is all so sweet!! I would say what you're 'doing' is being a genuinely nice person, being sincere, genuinely liking and respecting women, and keeping a positive attitude. Even when feeling frustrated and down you've kept those core qualities, and they are the ones that appeal to the kind of worthwhile, kind, emotionally mature girls you really want. There is a certain amount of luck in her seeing you and approaching, but of course it was something about you specifically that drew her, and it's your good energy that is showing her she was right. It is lovely and uplifting to see that rewarded. :)

All the best!!!

• Like 7
  • Author
I am really happy to hear it went well, this is all so sweet!! I would say what you're 'doing' is being a genuinely nice person, being sincere, genuinely liking and respecting women, and keeping a positive attitude. Even when feeling frustrated and down you've kept those core qualities, and they are the ones that appeal to the kind of worthwhile, kind, emotionally mature girls you really want. There is a certain amount of luck in her seeing you and approaching, but of course it was something about you specifically that drew her, and it's your good energy that is showing her she was right. It is lovely and uplifting to see that rewarded. :)

All the best!!!

Thanks very much, i still feel like the lucky one, like i've won the lottery. it makes all the efforts and past few years seem worthwhile because it led to her. i will never quite be able describe the feeling when i saw her for the first time in person :love:

Sadly she has had some bad past relationships and is very shy and cautious so we taking things slow, slow and steady win the race and i've been waiting and searching for an opportunity like this, i'm not wasting it!! and yes i am a hopeless romantic but she really likes it and i keep doing it because i know she likes it and that makes me feel fantastic :D

Edited by Targetlock
error oops
  • Like 5
  • Author

Well we are continuing to text and message her all the time, day and night and worry slightly about how much i am falling for this girl :love: last thing i think of before going to sleep, first thing i think of when i wake up and every time i see something nice or funny i really want to show her. this makes me worry a little as i've only been one date with her!

I realise i don't want to come across too strong with this and worry i might scare her off :( any advice? i think she is so great i don't want to ruin this.

We are hopefully meeting next week for bowling by the way :)

• Like 2
  • Author

Okay so i had another lovely chat and trying to get an idea of how she feels about me and where this is going and got this:

like you of course but I just don't wanna get too excited just in case there doesn't end up being feelings there as would never want you to feel led on!! that's why it takes me a while to let guard down and why I havent told family....but the first date was brilliant!

This is more or less how i feel :) though maybe a bit stronger. slow and steady wins the race i guess.

• Like 2

Stop pushing for verbal definitions of what you have. It's too soon to label stuff. Relax & go with the flow.

When will you see her again? When will you give her the sketch you were planning?

• Like 5
Okay so i had another lovely chat and trying to get an idea of how she feels about me and where this is going and got this:

like you of course but I just don't wanna get too excited just in case there doesn't end up being feelings there as would never want you to feel led on!! that's why it takes me a while to let guard down and why I havent told family....but the first date was brilliant!

This is more or less how i feel :) though maybe a bit stronger. slow and steady wins the race i guess.

First off... congrats!!!! :bunny:

Secondly... whoaaaa, hold your horses! I don't know about the culture where you are, but there is no need to tell family after a first date IMO. Just go with the flow, chat about light things and invite her for another date. Don't pressure her for definitions so early or you'll kill the natural growth.

Give it time. :)

• Like 2
ThaWholigan

Don't fall in love just yet bro :D. It's the early stages. Perhaps try to maintain your enthusiasm without getting too ahead of yourself. Pace yourself ;).

• Like 7
Thanks very much, i still feel like the lucky one, like i've won the lottery. it makes all the efforts and past few years seem worthwhile because it led to her. i will never quite be able describe the feeling when i saw her for the first time in person :love:

Sadly she has had some bad past relationships and is very shy and cautious so we taking things slow, slow and steady win the race and i've been waiting and searching for an opportunity like this, i'm not wasting it!! and yes i am a hopeless romantic but she really likes it and i keep doing it because i know she likes it and that makes me feel fantastic :D

Slow down. You started this thread July 2, and now it is what, July 13--less than two weeks.

I'm not trying to be a hater or anything on you Targetlock as you seem like a truly decent guy. BUT this is a VERY young relationship. You don't really know her yet. It's way too early (and somewhat unmasculine on your part to be blunt) for you to be gushing this way.

Edited by Imajerk17
  • Author

yep i need to keep myself under check of this and not get carried away, need to let it run at its own pace. hopefully meeting her on thursday, not sure about the sketch idea might be a bit too much and maybe save it for later though, what do you reckon?

Edited by Targetlock

Get as carried away as you want on LS. Be calm, cool & collected around her. The sketch is a bit much for a 2nd date but I thought you had already decided to do it. If you haven't pulling back is good.

• Like 1