Tinder dating app

henderson14

Still no matches while my good lookign friend in the same time span has 47 lol this is all about looks,not that real life is much different

Actually, in real life you are able to convey your personality and win over girls with your wit in charm, which you can't do on Tinder, until after they think you're hot.

• Like 2
Actually, in real life you are able to convey your personality and win over girls with your wit in charm, which you can't do on Tinder, until after they think you're hot.

Thats exactly why the workplace is the number one spot for hookups and relationships. Women are forced to get to know you over time, instead of looking you up and down at a bar when you say hello, and deciding in 5 secs they want nothing to do with you.

When women are put into situations where they have to interact with the guy, they usually find out he is much different than what they assumed.

Even in non dating situations.....many women assume things(drama and gossip) about other women, or other men.....until they are proved incorrect.

• Like 2

But it goes both ways. With Tinder you can win people over with your looks, and hide your wit/charm/confidence or lack thereof behind an iphone screen.

I know everyone who isn't rolling in women likes to blame their looks for undermining their fantastic personality, but its not nearly so cut and dry.

To answer somedude's question about younger girls/older guys on Tinder...

So, I lowered my low age to 20 (sorry, I just can't go any younger than that. Actually, I can't really even go younger than 23, but for the sake of scientific inquiry....). You asked how many girls that young would ever go out with a guy your age. Well, if they show up for me, they have guys my age in their search settings, so they're not 'not looking'.

In my area, there are tons. While I was sitting in traffic, I 'liked' probably 30, sticking with those that I thought were at least very cute. Pretty much 7s and up. So, I liked ~30 between 20-23. I've since gotten 2 matches, 1 20 year old, one 21 year old. Not bots, because we have similar local interests.

I know that's a small sample, but 2 in a couple of hours is not bad.

• Like 1
organizedchaos

So, I lowered my low age to 20 (sorry, I just can't go any younger than that. Actually, I can't really even go younger than 23, but for the sake of scientific inquiry....). You asked how many girls that young would ever go out with a guy your age. Well, if they show up for me, they have guys my age in their search settings, so they're not 'not looking'.

In my area, there are tons. While I was sitting in traffic, I 'liked' probably 30, sticking with those that I thought were at least very cute. Pretty much 7s and up. So, I liked ~30 between 20-23. I've since gotten 2 matches, 1 20 year old, one 21 year old. Not bots, because we have similar local interests.

Interesting. I'm 42 and set mine for 30-43. I regularly get matches with 31, 32, and 33 year olds. And have gone out with them. I'm on a third date coming up with a 34 year old. I should try lowering a bit just to see what happens, maybe 25.

This all just proves there is no need to lie about your age. What if you hit it off with someone? As soon as she finds out you lied its game over.

• Like 1

I must be really ugly because I'm just not getting any matches.

I know everyone who isn't rolling in women likes to blame their looks for undermining their fantastic personality, but its not nearly so cut and dry.

I would say that I am the kind of man who has to use his personality to make up for my looks. Tinder is pretty much a science experiment in that.

I primarily agree with what Turk said a few posts up. Though in my case, I like to pursue women in college classes where I get to know them over time.

I must be really ugly because I'm just not getting any matches.

I would say that I am the kind of man who has to use his personality to make up for my looks. Tinder is pretty much a science experiment in that.

I primarily agree with what Turk said a few posts up. Though in my case, I like to pursue women in college classes where I get to know them over time.

I don't know where I stand as far as my looks. Women constantly tell me "You're a good guy, one day you will find the right woman"… but I think a lot of that is them just trying to be nice, thinking that a compliment will change everything. I get mixed results on tender and dating sites. Women that live in my general area pretty much ignore me, but women an hour away or more show interest in me. Is that because a lot of women don't want somebody that lives in their immediate area? I don't know. I've actually thought of doing a test, setting my ZIP Code in a different area to see if I get any attention from the local women or if I still get ignored as I do here. Because just flat-out asking women if I'm attractive doesn't work… Most women will always sugarcoat their answer no matter what.

Edited by MrTurk
I don't know where I stand as far as my looks. Women constantly tell me "You're a good guy, one day you will find the right woman"… but I think a lot of that is them just trying to be nice, thinking that a compliment will change everything. I get mixed results on tender and dating sites. Women that live in my general area pretty much ignore me, but women an hour away or more show interest in me. Is that because a lot of women don't want somebody that lives in their immediate area? I don't know. I've actually thought of doing a test, setting my ZIP Code in a different area to see if I get any attention from the local women or if I still get ignored as I do here. Because just flat-out asking women if I'm attractive doesn't work… Most women will always sugarcoat their answer no matter what.

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

Just out of curiosity, how old are you?

I'm 43. Many women that see me for the first time assume I'm in my mid-30s… Some have even thought I was 29 or 30

If you wanna know if you're attractive just post your pic here. At LS you know you'll get the truth here!

• Like 2
If you wanna know if you're attractive just post your pic here. At LS you know you'll get the truth here!

Already tried that in the past. Nobody had anything to say, and then once I commented that I got no feedback, 2 women said I looked good(a blatant attempt at sugar coating the situation)

The only women that ever say I look good are the ones that wont date me. They are either too far away(so they know they can give a compliment and not have to deliver on it....or women that already have a bf or husband, so they know they have an excuse not to act on it as well)

Edited by MrTurk
Already tried that in the past. Nobody had anything to say, and then once I commented that I got no feedback, 2 women said I looked good(a blatant attempt at sugar coating the situation)

Same thign happened to me on here nobody said anyhting about my pic at all then i got one pity compliment lol

Not that i didnt already know i was unattractive but still

The only women that ever say I look good are the ones that wont date me. They are either too far away(so they know they can give a compliment and not have to deliver on it....or women that already have a bf or husband, so they know they have an excuse not to act on it as well)

Do you have a "look"?

organizedchaos

Just because someone says you're attractive, doesn't mean they must then act on it.

Throw it up in a new thread or link to where you posted it.

I'm 42 but look mid-30's too.

Just because someone says you're attractive, doesn't mean they must then act on it.

Throw it up in a new thread or link to where you posted it.

I'm 42 but look mid-30's too.

I'm not saying they HAVE to act on it.....but when they know they cant act on it...its simple to say it.

Its the same as me seeing a girl that lives 5 states away....and I dont find her attractive, but I compliment her, to make her feel good, knowing that I will never meet her so my compliment is baseless.

THATS what a lot of women do. They say things just to be "nice".....but theres really nothing behind the actual compliment itself.

What do I gain if people on here tell me I'm attractive?

organizedchaos
I'm not saying they HAVE to act on it.....but when they know they cant act on it...its simple to say it.

Its the same as me seeing a girl that lives 5 states away....and I dont find her attractive, but I compliment her, to make her feel good, knowing that I will never meet her so my compliment is baseless.

THATS what a lot of women do. They say things just to be "nice".....but theres really nothing behind the actual compliment itself.

What do I gain if people on here tell me I'm attractive?

Process of elimination.

That it's not your looks that are failing you. That you can stop blaming your looks. That maybe it's just your circumstances, location, or whatever. At least it's something to help your self confidence. And if it's your text game, you can easily work on that.

Process of elimination.

That it's not your looks that are failing you. That you can stop blaming your looks. That maybe it's just your circumstances, location, or whatever. At least it's something to help your self confidence. And if it's your text game, you can easily work on that.

If women on here say I'm attractive.....that still doesnt mean anything as far as the women where I live. Women from different geographical areas tend to have different tastes.

I already know what the problems are.

Where I live......

-women like taller men, I'm 5' 8

-women like guys that are part of large social groups

-women around my age dislike guys without kids(as they've stated in their profiles, and many women have stated to me personally)

-women like religious guys(nobody ever cared or even asked about religion my entire dating life....but now that I'm in my 40's...EVERY woman I interact with that is single states she "needs" to be with a man that shares her strong religious values) no clue where any of that came from

-women want a guy with a college degree(another stupid assumption, thinking a degree makes a man better)

Process of elimination.

Or maybe your haircut is 70's style or something we could tell you you need a update.

If women on here say I'm attractive.....that still doesnt mean anything as far as the women where I live. Women from different geographical areas tend to have different tastes.

I already know what the problems are.

Where I live......

-women like taller men, I'm 5' 8

-women like guys that are part of large social groups

-women around my age dislike guys without kids(as they've stated in their profiles, and many women have stated to me personally)

-women like religious guys(nobody ever cared or even asked about religion my entire dating life....but now that I'm in my 40's...EVERY woman I interact with that is single states she "needs" to be with a man that shares her strong religious values) no clue where any of that came from

-women want a guy with a college degree(another stupid assumption, thinking a degree makes a man better)

I think you're WRONG!

First of all 5'8 is not that short.

I rather my man NOT be part of large groups.

Guys without kids! That's a HUGE blessing!

Most guys are NOT very religious.

College degree? Are you serious?

I think you have a very negative outlook. You need to be more positive. It probably translates over to EVERYTHING you do! I could just imagine your dating profile, I bet it states everything you think is a negative.

• Like 2
I think you're WRONG!

I think you have a very negative outlook. You need to be more positive. It probably translates over to EVERYTHING you do! I could just imagine your dating profile, I bet it states everything you think is a negative.

Did I ever say 5' 8 is short??

I said women where I live like TALLER men. They write it on their profiles...and they tell me it to my face.

NOTHING I wrote is speculation.....its all from what women have told me directly, or what I experienced through interacting with them.

I totally agree with you, and your "oh come on" response after reading the garbage list I posted....but thats what THEY want around here.

I think you're WRONG!

Agreed, something like 90% of women are shorter than 5'8". I have a feeling you're making plenty of mistakes, but they aren't the ones you think they are.

Agreed, something like 90% of women are shorter than 5'8". I have a feeling you're making plenty of mistakes, but they aren't the ones you think they are.

You are missing the problem.

All these women are shorter than me......but they WANT a taller guy.

Many women spell it out right on their profile.....DONT CONTACT ME IF YOU"RE UNDER 6FT.

Most women are not that bold......but they hold the same viewpoint. And the funny thing is.....that its usually the shorter ones(under 5' 4) that have the biggest issues with it.

• Like 1

And if he doesnt get a positive repsonse then what? all it would accomplish is more of a bruise to a fragile ego

And if he doesnt get a positive repsonse then what? all it would accomplish is more of a bruise to a fragile ego

LOL....nothing wrong with my ego. If there was.....I wouldnt be questioning the whole process of judging my pic, I would be posting it hoping I'd get positive results.

The same as when insecure women purposely belittle themselves to in hopes people praise them with positive comments.