Tinder dating app

henderson14

So trying to give this tinder thing a shot and I've uploaded a few pictures.

It's amazing how many pretty girls there are within 10 miles of where I live. Granted I do live in a college town.

So far I've spent about an hour on the thing "liking" about 99% of the girls.

Though since I'm not the best looking guy, I'd be surprised if I actually get a match or God forbid a date off of it.

BTW, what's it like for a girl to actually use this thing? My guess it's the complete opposite of how a guy uses it.

Edited by somedude81
  • Like 2

Tinder is great when pursuing above average looking women. It's far better than other OLD because women can put up a barrier and protect themselves from the...wow, probably hundreds or thousands of creepers that would be able to message them in an open communication format.

I tried OKC a couple of times, and did fine, but it was a lot of work. I wondered if I was not an attractive person to a lot of women that I would message, because most of the time, I never got a response to messages left.

Then I tried Tinder, and it was a whole new ballgame. I was matching with, talking to and ultimately meeting girls all over the place, and they were on average much more attractive than the OKC women. And then, for instance, I traveled to Florida. I matched with 60 women in 2 days. I ended up going out with 3 women in the 5 nights I was down there. You would never achieve that kind of brutal efficiency in your own or using other OLD.

That's when I began to out together the dynamic of women on Tinder having a shield, and maybe a lack of other OLD responses probably being due to my message being one of maybe 50 that woman got that day.

• Like 1
Tinder is great when pursuing above average looking women. It's far better than other OLD because women can put up a barrier and protect themselves from the...wow, probably hundreds or thousands of creepers that would be able to message them in an open communication format.

I tried OKC a couple of times, and did fine, but it was a lot of work. I wondered if I was not an attractive person to a lot of women that I would message, because most of the time, I never got a response to messages left.

Then I tried Tinder, and it was a whole new ballgame. I was matching with, talking to and ultimately meeting girls all over the place, and they were on average much more attractive than the OKC women. And then, for instance, I traveled to Florida. I matched with 60 women in 2 days. I ended up going out with 3 women in the 5 nights I was down there. You would never achieve that kind of brutal efficiency in your own or using other OLD.

That's when I began to out together the dynamic of women on Tinder having a shield, and maybe a lack of other OLD responses probably being due to my message being one of maybe 50 that woman got that day.

How do you match with women, and what do you say to those you do match with?

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322

I downloaded Tinder back in September. Got 5 mutual matches. All but two were bots (you can tell because the profile usually has a link to another site in it, or they go from being 5 miles away to being 2500 miles away in a matter of hours). The two who were real I messaged but they never messaged me back.

It's not a terrible app. I get about the same return as I do from traditional dating sites, for less time (and in some cases money).

I do wonder how you get to be successful with it. Some people claim it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Not my experience...

I downloaded Tinder back in September. Got 5 mutual matches. All but two were bots (you can tell because the profile usually has a link to another site in it, or they go from being 5 miles away to being 2500 miles away in a matter of hours). The two who were real I messaged but they never messaged me back.

It's not a terrible app. I get about the same return as I do from traditional dating sites, for less time (and in some cases money).

I do wonder how you get to be successful with it. Some people claim it's like shooting fish in a barrel. Not my experience...

I'm guessing that the guys who do well on Tinder, are surprise, very good looking.

I've been playing with it for a couple of days and I got one match that wasn't a bot.

organizedchaos

For me, it has been like shooting fish in a barrel. Not the same results when I tried other sites. In the three months I've used it, had dozens of matches and not a single bot.

You match when you both have "liked" each other. So you already know when you get a match that there is interest on her part from hearing from you.

As to what to say? Ask about something you saw in one of her photos. Ask her how her weekend is going. Just talk to her.

For me, it has been like shooting fish in a barrel. Not the same results when I tried other sites. In the three months I've used it, had dozens of matches and not a single bot.

You match when you both have "liked" each other. So you already know when you get a match that there is interest on her part from hearing from you.

As to what to say? Ask about something you saw in one of her photos. Ask her how her weekend is going. Just talk to her.

I think I've liked about 200 girls so far. One has liked me back. I send her a message last night about one of her pictures and haven't heard from her yet.

organizedchaos
I think I've liked about 200 girls so far. One has liked me back. I send her a message last night about one of her pictures and haven't heard from her yet.

Remember, they have to also come across your profile. They may have different distance or age settings than you and wont even see you.

Make sure you are being age appropriate. Yes your last gf was 21 but most early 20's girls wont go for a guy who is 32. Set it to 25 to 35.

Give the girl some time to respond.

Remember, they have to also come across your profile. They may have different distance or age settings than you and wont even see you.

Make sure you are being age appropriate. Yes your last gf was 21 but most early 20's girls wont go for a guy who is 32. Set it to 25 to 35.

I actually set my age on Facebook to 25 :p

My search settings are for girls 20-25 within 10 miles of me.

Guys, here's my advice:

What I do in Tinder is open it up and like every single image. Sometimes I am pushing the heart button so fast that the app crashes haha. You waste time going through each person so just like everyone. So far with this technique, I have matched with 145 girls, 35 of which are good looking. I'm meeting one tonight and have numbers for about 6 others that are interested in meeting.

As for what to say, I have a very strong success rate by opening with something like "hey beautiful. How are ya?" Always open with a compliment. Beautiful or gorgeous works wonders. Then I ask what they're up to and where they're from. I'm not really on Tinder for hookups but I definitely could have with several decent looking girls at this point. If a girl messages you late at night, they are down for some casual sex. But I think it's a great tool to just meet some cool girls and make some friends cause I'm realizing that a lot of girls are not on Tinder to hookup.

• Like 1
organizedchaos
I actually set my age on Facebook to 25 :p

My search settings are for girls 20-25 within 10 miles of me.

Why are you doing this? You're already lying to girls. Then you'll have to explain. And stop reaching out of your range. Once these early 20 year olds find out you lied and you're 32 it will be all over.

Guys, here's my advice:

What I do in Tinder is open it up and like every single image. Sometimes I am pushing the heart button so fast that the app crashes haha. You waste time going through each person so just like everyone. So far with this technique, I have matched with 145 girls, 35 of which are good looking. I'm meeting one tonight and have numbers for about 6 others that are interested in meeting.

As for what to say, I have a very strong success rate by opening with something like "hey beautiful. How are ya?" Always open with a compliment. Beautiful or gorgeous works wonders. Then I ask what they're up to and where they're from. I'm not really on Tinder for hookups but I definitely could have with several decent looking girls at this point. If a girl messages you late at night, they are down for some casual sex. But I think it's a great tool to just meet some cool girls and make some friends cause I'm realizing that a lot of girls are not on Tinder to hookup.

Ha! Then what's the point of having guys "like" girls at all.

There should just be a setting where you can like all the girls automatically.

Then that way, when a girl is browsing, every guy she's interested in, is interested in her by default.

BTW, it's insane how much power women have in dating.

Online dating for women has always been pretty much a man catalog, and now that's exactly what Tinder is. She just keeps flipping the pages till she finds a guy she thinks is hot, clicks buy, and he messages her.

I was born the wrong gender.

• Like 1
Why are you doing this? You're already lying to girls. Then you'll have to explain. And stop reaching out of your range. Once these early 20 year olds find out you lied and you're 32 it will be all over.

I'll tell her my age after I sleep with her.

Considering the fact that I most likely won't sleep with anybody I meet on Tinder, I won't have to lie to very many girls....

organizedchaos
I'll tell her my age after I sleep with her.

Considering the fact that I most likely won't sleep with anybody I meet on Tinder, I won't have to lie to very many girls....

You are hopeless and approaching this in all the wrong way, and not just on tinder. Good luck. Done trying to give you advice you wont listen to. Enjoy your solitude.

• Like 2
fortyninethousand322

I'm 25, I set my settings to 18-37 within 10 miles.

Considering how old I look, I'm thinking maybe setting my age to 33 and seeing what happens...

I've heard the average age of girls on Tinder is 22. I've also heard that Tinder's default search settings max are set to your age, but I'm not sure about that.

If that's the case I may need to lower my age but put in a note that I'm not 22.

Hmm, I've not gotten any dates from it. I just like swiping!

But I'm 21, girls from 19-30 and range within 20km, the iPhone version won't change the distance to miles :confused:. I've been spamming yes lately to see what happens and got 13 matches atm, haven't messaged any.

Edited by Harradin

hahah I actually met my boyfriend of 6 months on Badoo, its like tinder but a spin-off. We met for a hookup and ended up really liking each other, now were moving in to a place soon.

just though i'd share a success story ;):laugh:

I really like it. There are a lot of cute girls on there! They seem more willing to chat also.

I agree. I dont know why....but there seems to be much more attractive women on the Tinder app than on dating sites....at least in NE Ohio.

But I have also noticed that although everyone seems to say its just a hookup app.....most women in my area blatantly write on their profiles "not looking for a hookup".

And almost noone uses it in my immediate vicinity (near Youngstown). The only way I ever get any interaction, is if I set my search 50 miles away or more, to include Pittsburgh Cleveland and Akron. And then noone wants to meet because we are too far.

I heard about this APP on the News. Been trying it and it's eh. Most of the guys I've tried talking too only talked to me once then never again, just like the dating sites same thing. I hate being single sometimes hahahaha.

I heard about this APP on the News. Been trying it and it's eh. Most of the guys I've tried talking too only talked to me once then never again, just like the dating sites same thing. I hate being single sometimes hahahaha.

How good looking are the guys you were messaging?

I have my settings between 24-45 years old. I 'like' any girl who is cute/pretty/hot, as well as some who just seem interesting even if there's not a huge amount of attraction. As for what I do....nothing, really. I have 5 pics up (including a weeder of me holding one of my sons), and my tagline is pretty humorous.

I have no idea what I do to get matches, but I currently have over 400 matches (since September), but in reality, I've probably matched with 600, but people delete their accounts all the time, so that's the number in currently on.

I don't say anything to them, really. If they start chatting with me, then I might talk to them a little. I've met a handful, but for the most part, I just don't take it beyond matching. In the last week, I've probably had 7 or 8 girls who have matched with me contact me, but I am just not feeling going out right now, so I just ignore the messages.

I have no idea what I do to get matches, but I currently have over 400 matches (since September), but in reality, I've probably matched with 600, but people delete their accounts all the time, so that's the number in currently on.

Having that many matches really means nothing. I saw a thing on TV where people commented that they rapidly hit the "like" or match button very fast on purpose, scrolling through and liking every profile. Doing that sets them up as a match for anyone that likes them back. Its not until the app notifies them of a match, do they then look closely at the pics and profile. If they dont like what they see, they simply block the person.

400 matches is ridiculously high. I've had one match and I've liked tons of women.

Granted none of my pictures are all that great and I'm not that good looking, so that's probably a big reason.

@MrTurk

"I saw a thing on TV where people commented that they rapidly hit the "like" or match button very fast on purpose, scrolling through and liking every profile. Doing that sets them up as a match for anyone that likes them back."

That's how men use Tinder.

If women used it the same way, every guy would have hundreds of matches but that's just not the case.

Having that many matches really means nothing. I saw a thing on TV where people commented that they rapidly hit the "like" or match button very fast on purpose, scrolling through and liking every profile. Doing that sets them up as a match for anyone that likes them back. Its not until the app notifies them of a match, do they then look closely at the pics and profile. If they dont like what they see, they simply block the person.

That's not what I do, though. I don't 'like' anybody that I wouldn't actually go out with. I'm not shooting for a high number. I'm shooting for a large pool of women that I would actually go out with.

Edited by RonaldS
  • Like 1