Tinder dating app

henderson14

SwordofFlame
This is my profile( I just took out the no hooking up wording)Looking for easy going, nice, guy, with a sense of humor. I'm a bit romantic, I like holding hands, cuddling. So, if someone is willing to first be friends then seeing if it evolves, by all means, then match me.

Any constructive criticism is welcomed

Afterthought.. I re-read it and I think I'm still coming off as not approachable. What do y'all think. No sugar coating.

You're going to filter out a lot of men that don't subscribe to the "friends first" approach to dating.

• Like 1

This is what my profile says now. :bunny:

Looking for easy going, nice, guy, with a sense of humor. I'm a bit romantic, I like holding hands, cuddling. So, let's see what evolves.

Please critique. Thanks!

broodneach
This is my profile( I just took out the no hooking up wording)Looking for easy going, nice, guy, with a sense of humor. I'm a bit romantic, I like holding hands, cuddling. So, if someone is willing to first be friends then seeing if it evolves, by all means, then match me.

Any constructive criticism is welcomed

Afterthought.. I re-read it and I think I'm still coming off as not approachable. What do y'all think. No sugar coating.

Hi, just saw you on the Coping thread and figured I'd reach out about this.

I like what you write and probably wouldn't mind it myself: I also like holding hands, cuddling, etc., and I like a girl who appreciates that I do those things (many girls on Tinder don't). And I'm willing to try friendship first in looking for someone. But even I might swipe left on this. (I'd swipe right hard on "I like holding hands and cuddling after sex", though. 'Cause I love those things, even though sex is generally why I'm on Tinder.)

Furthermore, many of the guys who do swipe right might not believe you. For instance, I saw you took out some "no hookup" wording. I personally respect such wording and don't swipe right on girls who use it if I'd only want to hook up. But many guys don't, and they hook up with these girls, because we know many of the girls who say "no hookups" are girls who are characteristically open to hookups - they've been burnt in the past, but that doesn't mean they'll hold back with us.

It depends on your area, but I think it'll be a bit of work for you figuring out which of your matches is really interested in what you're interested in, no matter what you write. I think it's better off to at least add something more about yourself (work? hobbies? passions?) in your profile: a guy who is genuinely interested in a real relationship will often want to know more than just the fact that you're interested in one too. (If that were enough, well, it'd be kind of desperate!)

• Like 1
  • 11 months later...
mortensorchid

I met a friend on Tinder, he's a good guy. Really. But we kind of knew each other already through mutual circles. Others that I have met are all mouth breathers. I have heard the tales of how it's a hook up app, and if that's what's going on or that's what you're into, so be it. I for one swiped left on those who say in their profile that they are looking for sex, are looking to cheat on their wife / gf, or looking for another partner to include in the fold of their otherwise happy relationship (threesome, poly, etc.). Just not my thing.