Tinder dating app

henderson14

What I was most intrigued by is the regional difference. I live in a major city in the northern US, so there are a lot of potential matches. I get a fair number (maybe avg 3-4/day) here, but nothing extraordinary.

But then I went to Florida (Miami area). There must be something that separates me from Florida men, because holy crap...I got like 60 matches the first 2 days. Probably got 80-90 total in the 5 days I was down there. Went out with a few but, man...I could have had 5 dates a day down there. It was crazy.

What I was most intrigued by is the regional difference. I live in a major city in the northern US, so there are a lot of potential matches. I get a fair number (maybe avg 3-4/day) here, but nothing extraordinary.

But then I went to Florida (Miami area). There must be something that separates me from Florida men, because holy crap...I got like 60 matches the first 2 days. Probably got 80-90 total in the 5 days I was down there. Went out with a few but, man...I could have had 5 dates a day down there. It was crazy.

Location location location !!! That is the most important ingredient when using a digital form of dating. I have had the same experiance. I live in a suburb in NE Ohio. I'm 1 hour between both Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I'm surrounded by families and white picket fences. But the metro areas near me are the total opposite when it comes to available single women.

Last year I took a trip to Washington DC on vacation.....and my phone blew up with potential matches as well. Not only did women show interest in me....the women were almost twice as good looking as the women back home that turn me down.

Location location location !!! That is the most important ingredient when using a digital form of dating. I have had the same experiance. I live in a suburb in NE Ohio. I'm 1 hour between both Pittsburgh and Cleveland. I'm surrounded by families and white picket fences. But the metro areas near me are the total opposite when it comes to available single women.

Last year I took a trip to Washington DC on vacation.....and my phone blew up with potential matches as well. Not only did women show interest in me....the women were almost twice as good looking as the women back home that turn me down.

Exactly.

I'm right in the city, but have my settings at 50 miles, so I pick up all the surrounding burbs. Then, I match with a cute suburban girl, and she wants to go out, and then I'm like 'Why in the hell would I drive all the way out to _____ when there are hundreds of other matches a shirt can ride away.

The one thing I've never done with Tinder (because I'm too old) is use it in the bars. That's a little too easy, if you ask me. And I would feel creepy picking up a girl on Tinder at the bar. It's not like it's hard to pick up a girl in a bar w/o Tinder. But guys will tell me that a lot of times, at about 1:30am, Tinder starts to blow up.

Now I'm curious as to how many women I've actually matched with...

Earlier this afternoon, I was at 406. Since then, I've matched with 4 women, but my total is down to 404. So 6 women have deleted their accounts. Over 5 1/2 months, I wonder how many other matches I've had have deleted their accounts.

I live in a college town in Southern California. There is no shortage of women here.

And still, I'm only at one match, and she never replied to my message.

• Like 1
I live in a college town in Southern California. There is no shortage of women here.

And still, I'm only at one match, and she never replied to my message.

What do you have for your tagline?

Wow, I finally got reached the end of all girls within 10 miles of me. I have no idea how I swiped. Must have been several hundred.

What do you have for your tagline?

"The best thing about valentines day is half-off chocolate."

Yes I'm going to change it.

Any ideas?

Wow, I finally got reached the end of all girls within 10 miles of me. I have no idea how I swiped. Must have been several hundred.

"The best thing about valentines day is half-off chocolate."

Yes I'm going to change it.

Any ideas?

Yeah, without knowing your image/personality, I wouldn't know what to help you say with your tagline.

I don't even know how much it matters. I removed my tagline a couple of hours ago, and I've since had 2 matches, both very cute. So, who knows how much women care. I guess if it were really bad, it might be a deal breaker.

As a test i "liked" every women in my zone which being in the nyc areas is hundreds and i havent gotten one like back i really am ugly lol

acrosstheuniverse
So do these tinder girls only pick guys who have good bodies or what? This swiping thing is annoying.

Depends on their 'type', I'm not into the gym-bunny look, with six-packs etc. I understand the dedication it takes to attain that physique but personally it's a turn off. So the shirtless guys with abs were a swipe 'no' for me. I usually swiped for people that looked my type, either guys with instruments, guys with long hair, guys who were decent looking but had a good tagline. I swiped a guy that was clearly overweight and we ended up talking lots and went on a couple of dates which was awesome, he was technically obese but tall with it so he just looked like a 'big guy' rather than obese. Distance and a lack of the spark got in the way but I swiped yes to him and no to a lot of muscular pretty boys so go figure :p

Swiped yes on a long-haired guitarist 2 miles away a month and a bit ago, we've been officially together for a couple of weeks now. Having said that, as an attractive female it's obviously infinitely easier to get dates than for the guys. I would hate to be a guy on OLD... then again for every girl that ends up with somebody from Tinder, there's a guy that ends up with a girl from Tinder.

• Like 2
I would hate to be a guy on OLD... then again for every girl that ends up with somebody from Tinder, there's a guy that ends up with a girl from Tinder.

You're correct that it sucks to be a guy on OLD. It's hard enough getting dates IRL, but OLD is 99% about looks.

As for your last line, I believe that it's a very small number of guys that are doing well on Tinder.

If a guy is good looking enough for one girl to sleep with, he's probably good enough for 10 others to sleep with him as well. And of course he's going to know how to work the messages.

Tinder favors women and the really good looking guys.

• Like 1
Wow, I finally got reached the end of all girls within 10 miles of me. I have no idea how I swiped. Must have been hundreds

Hundreds? LoL....I can go a month and don't get hundreds of profiles to look at.....and I have my search at 50 miles!

maiden of rohan
I'll tell her my age after I sleep with her.

Considering the fact that I most likely won't sleep with anybody I meet on Tinder, I won't have to lie to very many girls....

So, essentially, you plan to con girls to get them into bed with you. :sick:

That's gross.

• Like 4

That's gross.

ROFL!!!

You make it seem like age is super important in casual sex.

There are women out there who are getting conned for a lot worse than how old the guy is.

Never mind that I'm most likely not good looking enough for anybody to want to meet me from Tinder in the first place.

• Like 1

That's gross.

Women conn guys every day with loads of makeup, heels to make their backside look better than it is, and push-up bras to look perky......please explain the difference???????

• Like 2
Women conn guys every day with loads of makeup, heels to make their backside look better than it is, and push-up bras to look perky......please explain the difference???????

Don't forget the women who post nothing but close up face pictures to hide the fact that they're fat.

• Like 2
fortyninethousand322

Tinder seems like a good idea in theory, but in practice it works just like any other dating site: post a profile, get ignored...

Tinder seems like a good idea in theory, but in practice it works just like any other dating site: post a profile, get ignored...

Not if you're great looking!

I agree to a point. I get ignored by most, but I get many more women talking to me on Tinder, than I do on a dating site. The problem though is the women that have an interest in me are always an hour away.

So this uses your facebook pics and stuff right? You don't create an actual page with your stats and stuff? As in, you don't list your height or your income or whatnot? Why are men not collectively dancing in the streets?

• Like 1
organizedchaos
So this uses your facebook pics and stuff right? You don't create an actual page with your stats and stuff? As in, you don't list your height or your income or whatnot? Why are men not collectively dancing in the streets?

Exactly.

Links to your fb account and will tell you whether you have any mutual friends and who those mutual friends are, and if you have any mutual likes.

No need to fill out any bio or anything if you don't want to. Just up to 6 pics from your fb account. Lists your first name and age only.

All you search on is distance and age.

It's brilliant.

• Like 1

Because when you elminate all that what it comes down to on tinder is what you look like and for some of us that isnt a good thing lol

As ive said ive "liked" every women on there and still no responses

Exactly.

Links to your fb account and will tell you whether you have any mutual friends and who those mutual friends are, and if you have any mutual likes.

No need to fill out any bio or anything if you don't want to. Just up to 6 pics from your fb account. Lists your first name and age only.

All you search on is distance and age.

It's brilliant.

Wow. I think I might concede that this is the best way to go about OLD for a man. I'm still anti-OLD but if a man looking for casual dating is gonna do it, this is how you go about it.

You don't even message them initially, you just swipe and if they swiped you back, then you write something. So your energy is not being spent sending messages to girls who have no interest in you.

Interesting stuff. Very interesting.

• Like 1