Tinder dating app

henderson14

mortensorchid

I tried that a while back. I did meet someone from it, he was alright but I balked when he told me he was divorced and had 4 kids all under age 12 which he didn't tell me before/during our first face to face meeting.

In general, I think it's just used as a cheesy hook up means rather than a legit relationship site. I didn't connect with anyone else through it save for a "hi how are you"/"I'm ok how are you?" type chatty stuff. If that's what you're after, by all means it could happen for you. Otherwise I think I was lucky to have met that person face to face at all and it's a waste of time.

Eternal Sunshine

I think it's only good for casual sex. I can get that easily anyways, so no haven't used it myself...

• Like 1
reddragon588

I've been on two dates from it, and one hookup. It's more fun than anything serious. Good way to boost your confidence, and chat up a few girls.

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322
I've been on two dates from it, and one hookup. It's more fun than anything serious. Good way to boost your confidence, and chat up a few girls.

Or destroy it...

• Like 1

Some of the logic behind it is fairly sound but it possibly falls over in execution.

It is getting people hooked and it is definitely generating results for some (as other posts show).

It has its place in the 'dating' services game but I would imagine it is suited to a much smaller crowd than it is attracting. Not necessarily Tinders fault given it runs of a social network which are at the heart of generating a buzz these days.

If its for you, use it and enjoy it but don't consider it as a service if you're seeking serious connections - there are other services for that (to some degree).

It's fair to say no service works for everyone - we all know that :)

• 2 weeks later...

So Ive been using tinder to talk to girls in my area. Started chatting up one girl, and shes pretty chill. Tinder said we had mutual friends so I looked up her facebook profile to see more pics, and shes not my type physically. The pics she used in tinder gave the idea that she might be a bit big, but I couldnt tell how big until I saw her fb. I dont mind thick girls, but I have a tipping point.

I dont know how to let her down. I dont wanna do a fade out, as thats rude and I hate when its done to me. And I wouldnt mind us being friends...but given what Tinder is for, I dunno if that would even be doable.

thoughts?

Don't ask her to hang out. If/when she asks you:

-Give her an excuse. If it's lame she'll probably get the hint and move on.

-Meet up with her, and don't touch her or flirt with her at all. Keep it plutonic. See how she responds to that.

-Tell her straight up "alright we can hang, but I've been thinking, I think we're just better off as friends." -- This is probably the most direct and mature but also may be the most insulting or disappointing to her.

• Like 5
Don't ask her to hang out. If/when she asks you:

-Give her an excuse. If it's lame she'll probably get the hint and move on..

-Meet up with her, and don't touch her or flirt with her at all. Keep it plutonic. See how she responds to that. .

Treating someone like they are either radioactive or like a dwarf planet wouldn't be polite. Even if they are so fat that their gravity overcomes rigid body forces...they are round.

-Tell her straight up "alright we can hang, but I've been thinking, I think we're just better off as friends." -- This is probably the most direct and mature but also may be the most insulting or disappointing to her.

This is the best thing.

Id say be as direct as you wish women would be about rejection. Just tell her you think she's a great friend but you aren't feeling that spark or fire for her.

• Like 1

It's her own fault for using misleading pictures. I hate when people put pictures on facebook etc that don't really look anything like them so make themselves seem more attractive.

My ex-boyfriend said he met up with a chick he met through facebook. He found out she was a bit bigger in person, had a cake face full of makeup and he saw a glimpse of her student card which confirmed she was 14 and not 16 like she had said.

I'd just disappear, you don't owe her anything. You haven't had one date.

• Like 1

I would make an excuse; " hey, so I have a girlfriend now"

Or, tell her you met someone.

If you have mutual friends. .. and you think she may ask your friends about you and your new squeeze, simple say that you haven't told anyone yet.......

At least this way, you don't have to tell her that your just not that into her in that way. No girl likes to hear that.

Because you have mutual friends you could make up some BS about not being comfortable with dating in your circle.

• Like 2
Because you have mutual friends you could make up some BS about not being comfortable with dating in your circle.

We have mutual facebook friends, not really mutual friends that we both are close with. But I think Im going to go with the honest option and just say we should be friends. She has been making it very apparent that she wants to chill soon.

I agree with the sentiment that nobody wants to hear to their face that they aren't your type or you're not attracted to them......no matter what people say about honesty BLAH BLAH.

I'd rather hear "so I started seeing someone and would like to see where it goes" or "I think we're better off just friends". That's still kind of honest without being rude.

• Like 1
how about the truth? shes too big for you... tell her to text you after x amount of pounds are lost.

Lmao, funny.

But I wouldn't want someone to be rude to me in the same manner, so ill pass.

• Like 2

I have a fading pot belly right now but I show me in a yoga twist captioned "work in progress". Tell her you met up with a girl that turned out to be a BBW. Say you felt bad but that you just aren't into that and then ask her when you could meet. I know it sounds ****ed up but she needs to accurately portray herself to spare herself this pain and not waste your time. We all have to shape what we expect in these venues. If we allow this to perpetuate it will.

acrosstheuniverse

I would just tell her you've met someone cool and want to explore that without messing anybody around. It's the thing I'd much prefer to hear over a straight up 'I don't find you attractive' and much preferable to 'let's just be friends' which will leave her wondering wtf she did wrong for you to 'like' her pics, and then suddenly decide you aren't interested in her sexually or romantically.

Or, ya know, just stop talking. I do it all the time on Tinder, as do many of the dudes I speak to. You don't really owe anyone anything, especially if you're still talking through the app and haven't even swapped numbers. Only problem is if you have mutual facebook friends she might hunt you down and ask what gives. To which you can just say you were busy, I guess.

Ill have to say Im pursuing someone else and that we should be friends. Because I already did the number swap and we have mutual fb friends too.

For those who have used this app. Clue me in on your experience.

So far I have found that its MUCH easier to talk to women on this thing than on dating sites. I have also found that women seem much more keen to give out their number or meet up.

Im close to my first meeting, and was wondering if its like what others say. Can quality women be found on this thing? Or are people mostly looking for flings and casual dating? Im not getting my hopes to high on finding gf material right now, but it would be nice tbh. Gotta say, with the number of chicks im matching with, Im just wondering how much juggling the gals do too.

Thats enough to keep me from hooking up with anyone too soon, just to be safe healthwise. Though I do wonder if it will be a womans expectation for us to hookup. Im not a bad looking dude, and I must admit that one of my pictures is a body shot from the gym. Its my last picture though, and not the one I use to match people with. I use a face shot as my main.

What I have found though, is that when you do match, the girls still wait for your to message them first lmao. Some things never change :cool:

• Like 1

Ive used Tinder, its a bit... Empty...some fun chats and ive been on a date...its hard to tell who's in or up for what...I started using it for fun, chats and simple fun dates. Through chatting you can kind of get a sense of what people are looking for. But yah like I said went in a date many pitchers of sangria & laughter... No hook ups for me just wanted a date!

• Like 1

I just signed up when I read what you said about it in another thread. I seen a few women I recognized from POF so I'm thinking it's going to be like OLD.

georgecostanza

It's been pretty fun so far. I've had dates with 7 girls off it in the last two months, could have had more. I agree with the above poster that you'll just have to suss out what they're after through their messages.

acrosstheuniverse

I've had a great time with Tinder! I don't use it for casual sex as I'm not really into that, just to meet people.

Guy 1 I met was a local doctor. We had massive amounts in common (both musicians, both really heavily into the same subgenre of music that most people have never heard of). Went out a couple times but he was a 45 min drive away, he didn't drive, had a hospital schedule, I was busy too and drove but the distance and scheduling proved impossible.

Guy 2 was a guy from another city who had been in my area when we 'matched', got on great, talked a lot, met up for coffee once and a proper date, but we didn't take it further, think the distance would have proved impossible.

Guy 3 a surgeon, similar distance as the first. Went out a couple times, he was dead keen on me but again, the distance and timing was an issue and we haven't met up again yet, I'm not getting enough of a spark to pursue it with all of the pressures surrounding it.

Guy 4 a musician in my own city, we went out last week and are going out again Thurs/Fri this week. I like this one the most so far but we'll see.

So yeah basically I've met a handful of really awesome high quality guys, had some wonderful evenings out, made a couple of new friends. Bearing in mind this is from hundreds of 'matches', however, and it's undoubtedly easier for an attractive female to get lucky on there. I think I've met more people from Tinder than I have OKCupid/POF, I reckon it's because on a dating profile you can write somebody off immediately based on what they've said, on Tinder you only have photos and a tiny optional blurb to go by so it's more immediate and real and fun finding out about the person.

• 2 weeks later...

So I still haven't done anything about this situation lol. Ive stopped chatting with her as much and I think she kinda sees Im not that into it. But she did ask recently when we would hang. I can see why girls do the fade out...cus Im terrible at disappointing people lol. But its been a couple weeks now. Things should be fairly obvious.