Tinder dating app

henderson14

I need someone to come and snap a new pic of me with a legit camera, I've gotta compete with all of the professional level pictures that people seem to have.

I took a few pictures of myself for Tinder with my digital camera and set it to a self timer.

Then I had the brilliant idea of doing a few of those on the beach.

Guess what happened to my camera.

I took a few pictures of myself for Tinder with my digital camera and set it to a self timer.

Then I had the brilliant idea of doing a few of those on the beach.

Guess what happened to my camera.

Hahaha! Further proof that dating sucks.

Turk raises a good point with OLD, specifically Tinder where you don't really list your stats....

Women do care about height. Many say so in their profiles, usually in the form of 'I'm 5'9" and like to wear heels...just sayin'. Many times when I've started chatting with women, they've asked me how tall I was. Typically, I would just screw with them and say, 'what you you say if I told you I was 5'8"?', and they would always say something like, 'stop it...I can tell you're tall from your pics'.

But yes...height is an important attribute for many women.

Hahaha! Further proof that dating sucks.

I also learned a very valuable lesson that you should never take apart your camera, for any reason. I got a very painful shock. And upon doing further research I actually could have died had my camera had a more powerful flash.

Turk raises a good point with OLD, specifically Tinder where you don't really list your stats....

Women do care about height. Many say so in their profiles, usually in the form of 'I'm 5'9" and like to wear heels...just sayin'. Many times when I've started chatting with women, they've asked me how tall I was. Typically, I would just screw with them and say, 'what you you say if I told you I was 5'8"?', and they would always say something like, 'stop it...I can tell you're tall from your pics'.

But yes...height is an important attribute for many women.

Well that really sucks. I'm 5'6 and virtually NOBODY is attracted to short guys. I don't know what I would say to a woman on Tinder who asked for my height.

At least when I meet girls in person, they know I'm short, and I have some kind of a chance to win them over.

• Like 1
organizedchaos
Interesting. I'm 42 and set mine for 30-43. I regularly get matches with 31, 32, and 33 year olds. And have gone out with them. I'm on a third date coming up with a 34 year old. I should try lowering a bit just to see what happens, maybe 25.

This all just proves there is no need to lie about your age. What if you hit it off with someone? As soon as she finds out you lied its game over.

Well, I lowered my search settings to 25 yesterday and got matched up with a 26 year old today. Interesting. And no need to lie about my age.

organizedchaos
i wouldn't use that app even if they paid me.

Ah, so this is an informed opinion. Got it.

organizedchaos
its garbage. as bad as obama's presidency.

And you call tinder as the app for the stupid.

Irony.

I had a friend tell me his friend has slept with 3 girls off there. You just use it late at night around all the bars (chicago) and they will meet you out at the bars and it eventually ends in sex.

That's the most discussing thing I've heard lately. Women trying to become men is so sad.

• Like 1
For those guys that have experience with dating sites & Tinder.....do you notice as I do that there are more attractive women using Tinder than you see on dating sites?

Do women feel more comfortable using Tinder, or maybe it's the ease of use that attracts more women?

There are more attractive women on Tinder by an order of magnitude of 1,000,000.

They're more comfortable on Tinder because they can dictate who messages them.

• Like 1

Been on two dates with it but nothing out of it.

I get tons of matches. I get their numbers, they seem interested, short solid convos, but then when it comes to asking them out I get iffy answers or the dreaded "i'll let you know" I guess it's them hesitant meeting up with someone from online and they are just seeking attention through a text buddy.

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322
Same crap I get.

I also think theres probably a number of women I have communicated with may be looking for a hookup, and nothing more. But since I never cross that line in conversation, they sit there... "waiting" for me to make the transition from polite and cordial to flirtatious and sexual.

MOST women no matter what they want....almost always wait for the guy to show his hand before they show theirs.

You know, as much as I want a relationship, I think at this point in my life I'd be ok hooking up. I need to get some experience (I still haven't even kissed).

Unfortunately I don't get any mutual matches on Tinder. Well, I had two but neither responded to my message.

• Like 1
Same crap I get.

I also think theres probably a number of women I have communicated with may be looking for a hookup, and nothing more. But since I never cross that line in conversation, they sit there... "waiting" for me to make the transition from polite and cordial to flirtatious and sexual.

MOST women no matter what they want....almost always wait for the guy to show his hand before they show theirs.

I've met up with several girls from Tinder, but never got flirty with any of them pre-meeting. I don't know if they waiting for you to get sexual, nor don't think most would want that.

What you have to do is quickly exchange numbers, and after you build a little rapport through texting or a phone call, tell them you want to meet up. It's pretty basic math.

organizedchaos
Same crap I get.

Well yeah. You're the man. You're supposed to take the lead.

You don't have to get sexual. Just be assertive. Ask her to meet. You have nothing to loose.

I've had hookups, but am now going on a fourth date soon with a girl off tinder. It's going so well this actually has potential to develop in to something.

But you gotta be the MAN! Stop being so dishy washy and just go for it

Weird app. First time I signed up it wouldnt show any of my pictures, and I still got 3 matches lol.

Deleted the app and re-started, I got around 18 matches within a couple days. Only 2 girls didn't reply when I send them messages, I am assuming because someone else got to them first.

I was then talking with a chick that seemed a little wacky. In 2 or so days of chatting she asked me 3 times "what are you doing" -"what are you doing right now" (not an opener to meet, most times she was at work, I think she was seeing if I was chatting with other girls, which I was but didn't say) Dont talk with her anymore.

Started chatting with another, gave her my number, then took her out a week later after she asked. She wants to meet again - I had fun so I probably will, ball is in her court. She mentioned 3 times during the date that she wanted to meet again, and then suggested for date #2 we both meet up with our dogs and take them for a walk. When I gave her the kiss goodbye on date #1 she "cheeked me"...lol A few days after date #1 she agreed to meet again and suggested the dog walk date but doesn't know when she can yet - I am iffy about it, may never hear from her again?

Also chatting with another girl, really smart, going places type of lady. We'll meet eventually - this one is "marriage material" so I am taking it extra slow and

cautious.

There are others in there I spoke with but they didn't interest me at all so I stopped messaging them, a couple I simply have not messaged because I am occupied with others. I think the app is great! The match feature is a great equalizer - sure beats mass-messaging on other date sites which is no different than shooting at the moon.

Edited by Mo_Do
  • Like 1
Iguanna,

I understand your point of view....but arent adult women allowed to enjoy sex and freedom if they choose??

Why do you need to "label" them as trying to be men? THATS exactly why there is so much drama between women.....everything a woman does gets labeled and scrutinized and over analyzed three fold.

Why cant women choose to do what they want, and be seen as a women enjoy what they are doing, instead of being looked at as trying to mask the other genders actions?

Because women are not like this by their nature. This has been this way for hundreds of years and feminism is trying to change that. Women are meant to be calmer, sweeter, more caring, they are meant to give love and be more sensitive. A woman CAN enjoy sex of course but why should it be with strangers? Why not find someone she loves and cares about? Having sex just for the sake of it is something men do by nature, it's a health thing that obliges them to do it. In my opinion women who have sex with strangers are going against their nature so they prove something. Even when a poster here stated she slept with a gigolo, she stated she wanted the romance before sex. Why are women trying to deny their nature?

• Like 2
Very true. I understand and you make a great point.

BUT :)

At the same time....how long are women supposed to hold on to what they were hundreds or thousands of years ago? Whos to say that women arent allowed to adapt? There is no stopping women enjoying their sexual freedom. The roles that you talk of are dying out quickly.

None of this will matter in the future.....science is revealing that there will be no need for men after a certain point. Women will have the ability to reproduce on their own.

When women enjoy their sexual freedom, they tend to be labelled "sluts". Plenty of threads have been here (and been locked) where some men have talked about not wanting women who have had friends with benefits situations, or engaged in one night stands. Those same men tend to be the ones to tell everyone that men need to spread their seed, and that women should just get used to that. I've also never had a good experience when approaching a man - they tend to think a woman is desperate if she's doing the asking.

• Like 1

Been using this app for what seems like a couple of weeks.

I feel like I've liked over 500 women. Two matches. None of replied to the first message.

At the same time....how long are women supposed to hold on to what they were hundreds or thousands of years ago? Whos to say that women arent allowed to adapt? There is no stopping women enjoying their sexual freedom. The roles that you talk of are dying out quickly.

What you ask presupposes that NO woman ever actually liked the role she had all these hundreds or thousands of years and what others expected her to be (which was her nature anyway). I can't deny of course that there have been even millions of women over the centuries who felt oppressed not being able to express their sexuality. But I'm sure there have been and still are women who like this role, they like to enjoy sex only with someone they love, they like to feel like pure women and don't believe that this degrades them at any way. These women do not want to lose these roles you say they are dying out quickly. And definitely it will take many decades or hundreds of years for men to accept this new reality - the absolute sexual freedom of the women. Personally I don't have sex with strangers (never had) for 2 reasons: 1. I don't feel this is my kind of thing, I won't enjoy it, I'll feel cheap most of all and 2. I don't want to be called cheap even by a stranger, I want to have my dignity and that's how I act in every aspect of my life. Now if this means I don't have my sexual freedom... it's ok. I prefer to feel good with myself and keep my dignity in front of other people than do something I don't agree with.

Been using this app for what seems like a couple of weeks.

I feel like I've liked over 500 women. Two matches. None of replied to the first message.

Get better pictures of yourself and put some effort into your little write up. I have so many matches in mine now I can't even keep track of them and I am NOT Brad Pitt.

• Like 1
Get better pictures of yourself and put some effort into your little write up. I have so many matches in mine now I can't even keep track of them and I am NOT Brad Pitt.

Yeah, I've looked through my pictures, and I just look really bad.

Trouble is, I just look horrible in all of my pictures. I can't seem to take any good ones.

I went to the beach last week to take some of me using the timer, and my camera fell in the sand and died.

So I'm stuck with a bunch of bad pictures and nobody is biting. What do I do?

I have absolutely no idea what to put in the about me.

fortyninethousand322
Yeah, I've looked through my pictures, and I just look really bad.

Trouble is, I just look horrible in all of my pictures. I can't seem to take any good ones.

I went to the beach last week to take some of me using the timer, and my camera fell in the sand and died.

So I'm stuck with a bunch of bad pictures and nobody is biting. What do I do?

I have absolutely no idea what to put in the about me.

Take a picture next to a motorcycle. Doesn't have to be yours. In fact it's cooler if it isn't yours.

I deleted my accounted and then reinstalled it. I've been liking about 90% of the women on there. No matches yet. Oh well.

I just had a conversation with a bot. I told her I had witnessed two ghosts procreating and she asked if I wanted to chat on her webcam site...

• Like 1
Take a picture next to a motorcycle. Doesn't have to be yours. In fact it's cooler if it isn't yours.

I deleted my accounted and then reinstalled it. I've been liking about 90% of the women on there. No matches yet. Oh well.

I just had a conversation with a bot. I told her I had witnessed two ghosts procreating and she asked if I wanted to chat on her webcam site...

I actually got a picture of myself on a motorcycle. No it's mine, and it was taken at a convention, but I'm on one!

As for bots, they will instantly ad you and they will have no interests or description below their pictures.