Tinder dating app

henderson14

365daysgone
I posted about a month ago that this app was dropping messages sometimes… It has been getting much worse in the past week. Anyone else having problems?

I get a notification that someone messaged me…

I open the app, but there is no new message showing...

Sometimes the message shows up an hour later, three days later, sometimes never…

And no they aren't blocking me, because we are still able to communicate at a later time when it works again.

Ya the messaging on this app is the one huge bug that needs some serious fixing. I find that when you're communicating back and forth with someone push 'back' and wait for their response on the screen with all your matches. Then when you see the red dot beside them, click their name and see their message. It seems like if you wait on the actual messaging screen, a lot of times it won't appear when they message you.

Also, I find that logging out and logging back in seems to load some messages that you may have missed, however it won't push that persons name to the top of your list or have the red dot beside their name...you have to scroll to their name and click it to see the message.

I have been screwed pretty bad by some missed messages though. I don't know why the hell it's so hard for them to fix this bug! :-/

People wonder why, if somebody swiped right on them and they matched, why doesn't that person want to talk to them?

For me, Tinder is like grocery shopping. I'm going to go to the store and fill my cart, but I'm not going to run home and cook all the food and eat it at once. Some of it will probably never be eaten. Same thing on Tinder.

I'm at 500 matches. My criteria for swiping is, would I actually want to go out with this girl in reality. If the answer is yes, I swipe right. But just because I would doesn't mean I want to. I've had tons of women message me, but once it becomes real, a lot of times I realize that I don't really want to get involved, even though I'm attracted. So I don't respond. Maybe someday, the timing will be right and I will decide to follow through.

And to the guy who got pissed at the girl for liking him and then they had the bad exchange....dude , who cares? It's Tinder. Don't take anything anybody does there seriously. You end up looking bad when you start arguing with a person whom you've never met. Who cares what her intentions were?

fortyninethousand322

Honestly, what is the secret to this app?

I would have thought that by now at least one woman would have at least accidentally swiped right on my picture. No such luck though...

Honestly, what is the secret to this app?

I would have thought that by now at least one woman would have at least accidentally swiped right on my picture. No such luck though...

There's no real secret. Put up some decent pics, maybe have a decent tagline....not much else you can do.

• Like 1
fortyninethousand322
There's no real secret. Put up some decent pics, maybe have a decent tagline....not much else you can do.

In other words: I may as well just delete the app...

I mean, can you find a couple of decent pics? Can you come up with a decent tagline.

I would say, I can see how Tinder wouldn't be very worthwhile outside of a densely populated area.

fortyninethousand322
I mean, can you find a couple of decent pics? Can you come up with a decent tagline.

I think the pics I have are fairly decent. I'm not a photoist so I can't be 100% sure.

I would say, I can see how Tinder wouldn't be very worthwhile outside of a densely populated area.

I live outside of D.C.

I think the pics I have are fairly decent. I'm not a photoist so I can't be 100% sure.

I live outside of D.C.

What are your pics of? Can you be somehow differentiated from the thousands of other guys in your area. Do you convey a style or attitude? Are they selfies?

My pics are pretty, ummmm....not ordinary, I guess. I have one of just my face close up. One of me holding my youngest son. The rest are sort of just different, but give an clear idea of my personality.

Try to make your profile stand out a little.

Have a female friend photo bomb you in an afternoon then pick the best two to three. Your tagline should either contain nothing or be short. Don't write a novel. People aren't going to read it if they don't like your picture.

Delete your account then re-up. It will reset everything.

Can you come up with a decent tagline.

What's a decent tag line? For girls it seems like it's either something sarcastic/clever, a list of what they like to do, where they're from, and/or the proverbial "I'm not looking for a hookup" statement? Oh, and their Instagram...always their Instagram (what's up with that anyway?)

How about for guys?

fortyninethousand322
Have a female friend photo bomb you in an afternoon then pick the best two to three. Your tagline should either contain nothing or be short. Don't write a novel. People aren't going to read it if they don't like your picture.

Delete your account then re-up. It will reset everything.

I did that. Deleted my account and uninstalled that app. It brought everything back when I re-upped...

I don't read most peoples taglines. If they really catch my attention I will view their other pics, but otherwise it's instantly swipping. It came back to haunt me though, I got a match today that I don't remember ever seeing, never mind swiping right. No interest in talking to her at all.

Can't believe how many people I know on there. Even seen my friends ex fiancée, 2 people who grew up on the same street as me, etc. Probably seen 30 people I know, or know through friends.

Got it on friday, can't decide if I want to take it seriously or not. Definitely a ton of hot girls on it, but most are young. Seems to be littered with 18-22 year olds. Haven't ran out of matches though, so who know how many I haven't even seen yet.

Edited by suladas
organizedchaos
I don't read most peoples taglines. If they really catch my attention I will view their other pics, but otherwise it's instantly swipping. It came back to haunt me though, I got a match today that I don't remember ever seeing, never mind swiping right. No interest in talking to her at all.

Can't believe how many people I know on there. Even seen my friends ex fiancée, 2 people who grew up on the same street as me, etc. Probably seen 30 people I know, or know through friends.

Got it on friday, can't decide if I want to take it seriously or not. Definitely a ton of hot girls on it, but most are young. Seems to be littered with 18-22 year olds. Haven't ran out of matches though, so who know how many I haven't even seen yet.

What age settings did you choose? Plenty of hot women over 30. At least in my city.

What age settings did you choose? Plenty of hot women over 30. At least in my city.

Any age, because i've noticed some had their age something like 99 or something else out of whack. There is very few over 30. I'd guess maybe 10%. I'm looking at a realistic age range of mid 20's or so, but just left it open to see what was there and it's definitely filled with quite young people.

This thing sounds like one huge sh*t fight and a massive waste of potentially productive time.

Any age, because i've noticed some had their age something like 99 or something else out of whack. There is very few over 30. I'd guess maybe 10%. I'm looking at a realistic age range of mid 20's or so, but just left it open to see what was there and it's definitely filled with quite young people.

Where are you at?

I have my settings from 24-100. About half of the women are 30 and under, half over 30. And a million in each range. In fact, in the last few months, the 40+ year old women have jumped in in a big way.

You definitely have to cut out the 18-22 year olds, though. I'm sure they'll drown everybody else out because at that age, even if they're in a relationship , they'll still probably be on Tinder to boost their self-esteem and try to better-deal their current guy.

Eternal Sunshine

I never tried Tinder but I am curious now.

I think I am gonna download it and see what happens :laugh:

• Like 1
This thing sounds like one huge sh*t fight and a massive waste of potentially productive time.

It's actually the opposite.

If you're busy, how do you have time to go meet people? I don't. I mean, I do just as a function of being out there, but that # pales in comparison to what you can do on Tinder. And unlike most OLD, the way guys can only access women if there's mutual interest brings tons of attractive women into the fold. They're safe there, unlike something like OKC where they get hawked by creepy guys all day.

So, it's really not at all a waste of time. You quickly scan through some pics, choose the women you like, and since mutual attraction is implied, you don't waste any time with all that stupid messaging and trying to get a girl's attention nonsense.

Things happen fast on Tinder. You chit chat for a minute and then meet up. And you can have a stockroom full of women that you can hit up depending on what you're in the mood for.

organizedchaos
Is it only used for casual sex though? (I didn't read the whole thread)

It can be. But it can also lead to other things. I've had more dates on it than any other type of OLD. It's a tool like anything else and shouldn't replace meeting people in real life.

But it's also led me to a budding relationship. Been seeing a girl for 6 weeks I met off it. Seeing her once or twice a week and talking nearly everyday.

So yes, anything is possible with it. I am not in my 20's so maybe it's a different exp for them. And I live in a major city so there are tons of hot women in the age range I search 30-40.

Via Tinder I've:

- hooked up rather quickly

- dated

- sorta dated with a little hooking up

- made several friends

- (maybe most importantly) established networks of women in areas I travel to

The last one is key, because there's nothing worse than going down to Florida to visit my mom and sitting on her couch watching TV for hours b/c she goes to bed at friggin 8pm. Now when I go down there, I have a handful of women I can shoot a quick text to. Not to hook up with them, but just to have somebody to hang out with and have something to do.

For those of you who travel a lot, especially for work, Tinder will become your new BFF.

• Like 3
hasaquestion

Can't speak about the men on the app. But with girls 20-25, you'll find you get the spectrum.

A few of them want an efficient, businesslike hookup, a few are interested in very traditional dating, a few are stage 20 clingers who will add you on Facebook and message you without being prompted, and most of them fall somewhere in between extremes. Like everything I guess.

The trick is to befriend people on it if you don't feel a romantic spark. If you look at it as just a vehicle for finding "the one" you'll be disappointed. I've been dating a Tinder match since the day before I made this account...

SoonMyFriend

I am kind of digging Tinder. Still haven't met with anyone off the site, but I am messaging with a few guys.

I don't have a lot of matches, BUT I am being fussy about who I "like". I'd say right now, also, of the 10 matches I have so far, only four have messaged with me so yeah, seems like a lot of people just mass swipe right and see what happens.

Not bummed I don't have a lot of matches, either.

I like that it's more casual and less pressure than OLD. I only have to care about someone if they match back and even then, it's really only if they engage in conversation! More organic. On to the next one otherwise, just like IRL.

Also it is so entertaining to see people I know on here. Haha

Definitely use it, I've met a few pretty awesome guys off Tinder.

Kind of dating one guy right now from it.

I was pretty picky with who I swiped "like" on though, and screened pretty heavily.

Regardless of whether or not it'll work out, I've met some pretty chill people from it.

• 2 weeks later...
SoonMyFriend

How do you guys deal with the awkward situation where as you're chatting with someone you realize you just don't want to take it any further for any variety of reasons... (one of my relationship dealbreakers has come up, and yes I know it's Tinder, and really I am not taking it seriously but this is a no comprimise dealbreaker).

I don't like to do the fade out, and since I am now chatting on BBM with this guy he will know when I have read his messages anyways...

Thoughts on how to back out?