I Don't like my husband's son

When I say I love him and would die for him I'm talking about my husband

:lmao:

Shelly, no offense, but REALLY? Nothing happened? HOW DESPERATE ARE YOU to keep this man? Is it worth selling your soul?

You already have sacrificed all of YOU by allowing your H to completely make a mockery of you.

YOU have ALLOWED it by NOT giving your H consequences for his bad behavior.

And now he goes to sleep with her again - yet you just take him back in like nothing happened? Sheez!

You already lost yourself - and your soul to this man - THAT is NOT love!!! That is EVIL!

You have LIFE completely backwards! You may as well be dead with the life YOU'VE CHOSEN for yourself!

• Like 2
Silly_Girl
Putting much too much importance on so-called therapists. People do manage to get through problems without running to psychologists. ('Heaven' having nothing to do with it.)

Shelly, sounds as if you are working in the right direction, in considering your husband's and his son's needs, before yours - at this time.

As I have mentioned before, it seems to be a matter of if you wish to keep your marriage together - or not.

Of course people CAN manage without professionals, but I happen to think in this case, with Shelly's history of suffering abuse, the complex situation with infidelity, ongoing relationship with the ex-girlfriend AND a child who is being treated poorly, I think some help is sorely needed. It's not something I advise every poster by a long shot, but there's a lot to do here.

• Like 2
whichwayisup
. People do manage to get through problems without running to psychologists

Many people can't do it on their own and there's nothing wrong with getting help. In this case, Shelly needs to go talk to someone because what she is doing now is not working and it's damaging behaviour, not only to herself but to her stepson, that innocent little boy. She also has her head in the sand when it comes to her husband. People who have self esteem problems and stay in relationships that are really unhealthy NEED help to get out and start over.

My husband usually does watch him, but this time he had to go get some work done on his truck so he left it with me. He knows I'm not the babysitter.

I hate this kid and I don't even feel bad about it, just weird. He ruined my life.

If you truly hate him, I think you should get out of the situation entirely. It is not a healthy environment at all. It is not this childs fault and if you are having these feelings, listen to the warning signs. "The writing is on the wall here". The child will be around forever and if you cant accept and love him, it would be reponsible as an adult to do the right thing. He is already going to have a tough enough life. This is why we have counseling and so many people are torn up inside. An innocent little human being, please do the right thing. I do sypathize with what happened to you, but that would be spreading the 'poison' if you pass it on.

Edited by ON MY OWN
stillafool
Just helping her with their son.

While he's around I'm going to try to be better towards him. Ive been thinking about if my kids were in the same situation and it's not right. He's supposed to come over tomorrow so I'm going to make an effort to have a better relationship with him.

That's good Shelly. Your husband will appreciate it and so will his son. You never know you may become very attached to each other. If you do why don't you be the one to pick up this little guy when he has visits with his dad. That will keep down contact between your H and OW.

• Like 1
  • Author

His son spent the 4th of July with us, and we all had a good time. I noticed for the first time how much my husband changes when he's around. He speaks softer, he smiles more, he relaxes more. I never really noticed the changes until now.

They were like two peas in a pod too, his little boy laughs exactly like him, has the same favorite color, and they both love fireworks. I had fun watching them together.

I'm filing for divorce Monday.

His son spent the 4th of July with us, and we all had a good time. I noticed for the first time how much my husband changes when he's around. He speaks softer, he smiles more, he relaxes more. I never really noticed the changes until now.

They were like two peas in a pod too, his little boy laughs exactly like him, has the same favorite color, and they both love fireworks. I had fun watching them together.

You're filing for divorce because he had a good time with his son?

UpwardForward

You wish to divorce because you are hurting?

IMO, his feelings toward his son do not necessarily mirror his feelings for the mother of this child.

A new little child in one's life can be a joy (your H's) - and adjustments are also made because of their age, etc.

But, if you are feeling left out .. and if your husband is showing indifference toward you, this can be a warning signal that your H has feelings for the OW.

:confused:

Reading the first 2 paragraphs, I was smiling, thinking, huh, she finally gets that this is a real situation and she's learning to deal with it.

And then, bam! she's done.

WTH?

• Like 2
Stellar Wench
What made you decide to file for divorce? What has changed?
The realisation that the preferential treatment toward his son and indifferent treatment toward his own daughters has no expiration date.
  • Like 1
The realisation that the preferential treatment toward his son and indifferent treatment toward his own daughters has no expiration date.

That would not be a deciding factor for a gal who's been SO purposely intent on overlooking his bad behavior.

TaraMaiden

He has a daughter, and a son, by Shelly72.

He has a toddler baby boy by his mistress.

He patently prefers the company of both his youngest son, and this child's mother, to that of his wife and teenage children....

Originally Posted by Shelly72

.....I'm filing for divorce Monday.

On what grounds?

iambookworm

If you are leaving him because you realized that his cheating is not worth it and you are done relying on him, then good for you.

If, as

StellarWench says, "The realisation that the preferential treatment toward his son and indifferent treatment toward his own daughters has no expiration date."
then good for you.

BUT if you are leaving him because of what you saw, and are jealous of the attention he gives the boy, then shame on you.

I am not condemning you, just making you think about WHY you are doing this and what you want to achieve. And before filing for divorce, talk to your kids too.

• Like 1
Stellar Wench

Near everyone advised divorce. Now that she is filing, the grounds are suddenly important?

whichwayisup

You are giving up because of which reason? That you can't accept his son or because you know he's still cheating you on with the OW? Or both?

Glad that you are making a decision though. Staying and being around a kid that you hate is so unhealthy and down the line will mess that poor child up later in life.

Yes. Because if she hasn't done any mental homework (and we haven't seen evidence of it), then 'filing' is just one more in a line of kneejerk reactions designed to 'make' her husband understand that she's in pain and CHANGE.

When the person she should be changing is herself.

If the above is true, she will 'file' and then, when it doesn't get the desired 'oh, don't, honey, I love only YOU' that she's waiting for, she'll drop it, beg him to forgive her, and settle back down into compliance.

• Author

It's not because I'm jealous at all, I loved watching them together. He was so happy, when we went home it was all he could talk about. Seeing him like that is the best thing ever. Him being happy has been my number one priority for years, it's more important than anything in the world.

It's obvious he doesn't love me anymore, although he was all over me last night. I mean he went and slept with someone else the other night.

I never want to make him have to stay with me when he doesn't want to. That's not not fair to him. If he's not with me he can be with her and their son. Our kids are old enough that they don't need him around all the time.

His son deserves what my kids have had. A daddy that's around and loves them more than anything. He really is the perfect dad. I'm doing this for him.

It's not because I'm jealous at all, I loved watching them together. He was so happy, when we went home it was all he could talk about. Seeing him like that is the best thing ever. Him being happy has been my number one priority for years, it's more important than anything in the world.

It's obvious he doesn't love me anymore, although he was all over me last night. I mean he went and slept with someone else the other night.

I never want to make him have to stay with me when he doesn't want to. That's not not fair to him. If he's not with me he can be with her and their son. Our kids are old enough that they don't need him around all the time.

His son deserves what my kids have had. A daddy that's around and loves them more than anything. He really is the perfect dad. I'm doing this for him.

You have things SO backwards - you don't even consider your own feelings.

I do agree with divorcing him - but NOT because he's a perfect Dad!

I'd divorce him be ause of HIS BAD BEHAVIOR!

YOU deserve better! YOU deserve to be happy!

• Like 3
dreamingoftigers

Okay, you codependent nightmare....

What are you doing for you?

Look up codependency.

Look up Boundaries by Cloud and Townshend.

You seriously need to start putting things in place for yourself instead of wheeling back and forth between victim and rescuer, and bully to a little kid.

It's on you. It shouldn't "have to be" and it "isn't fair" but here it is.

I still think you are trying to send him

A message that you are special and will make him first forever so that he will eventually value you. Codependents don't pay dues for years and then get love! You have to believe that you deserve a mate the treats you with respect and then settle for nothing less! Saying this and crying or yelling over that gets him to listen temporarily. In the long run he clearly wants someone that challenges him.

• Like 4
TaraMaiden

i can't believe someone would be so persistently obtuse and naive about this, in spite of bucketloads of advice and so many people - both men AND women - stating the absolute obvious.

Jeesh, Shelly72, I'm having a lot of difficulty believing right now, you're not a troll....

either that, or he's been so effective in subjugating you, that you no longer have a personality of your own...

Are we not getting through to you, in any way, at all - ?!

DON'T YOU GET IT - !!?

• Like 3
goodthingscome
My children are 14 and 16, they are the most beautiful, smartest, sweetest, most respectful kids I've ever met. Our son seems to tolerate my husbands child, but our daughter feels the same way I do. We've never had the problems with them that we do with him. The only person who likes him is my husband who spoils him, never disciplines him, and lets him get away with everything.

He knows exactly how I feel about this kid.

Well I don't know about the rest of you, but this statement says alot! Shelly, I get that you got dealt a ****ty hand, you and your children. Just remember though, you "chose" to remain with him. I don't think I would have. Did you ever think that the reason your husband spoils him is because everyone else in the house hates this little boys guts, and aren't a bit shy about showing how they feel?

I feel sorry for the little boy, and if I was his mom, I would NEVER allow my child around you or your kids if I knew how you guys felt.

I would also like to say that if your husband knows how you feel about his affair child and still left him in your care, that just shows he is still only thinking about "himself". He needs to find an outside sitter if he isn't able to care for the child.

Please for your sake and your families sake get come IC.

UpwardForward

I still think you're divorcing him because you're hurting deeply, and feeling left out. (even though 'he's all over you' - but perhaps for the wrong reason).

And divorcing him, you think this will alleviate your pain.

That's alright too.