I Don't like my husband's son

I completely agree, I just don't know if I can make him do it.

That's easy. If he is the only one left in the house with the child, what choice does he have?

• Like 1
MuscleCarFan
She dropped him off early this morning while my husband was still sleeping. I went and got him from her, she just told me what she packed him, apparently he's staying for a few days (I had no idea).

He looked really happy to see me which just made me :love: aww it was a nice change from what's been going on for the last few days.

Then we just watched tv until my husband woke up. He's definitely my husbands son...

I am glad to see that you see that this child is innocent. :D

• Like 2
I haven't read your other thread.

Seeking a divorce against his will, and living in the same residence, I agree you should 'walk on eggshells' .. This is no time for agitation, or even to show your hand.

Time for Methodical procedure.

I agree. This guy has violent tendancies. Might be best to play along for now. Let him think that everything is great. If I were in this position I would arrange to move out the same day as serving the divorce papers. Who knows what he'll do when he sees that Shelly is serious.

• Like 1

Let me guess. His letter made you realize he's really just a misunderstood teddy bear who means well, so you're giving him another chance.

• Author
Your stepson or your husband? Don't let that stop you from filing!

His son, not my husband we haven't really spoken today. It's been a few short words and then the letter, that's it.

pink_sugar

While I wouldn't back down or make any delay in your filing for divorce, you could tell him this in a reply letter before or after fliling. "I appreciate that you are willing to take the steps to become a better person and I hope you understand this was a difficult decision for me to make and why I'm doing it. I want us to get through this amicably as possible for our children" something along those lines. You appreciate his efforts, but are standing firm.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
whichwayisup

Any update Shelly about your situation? Last you posted you weren't sure about ending things or staying.

Any update Shelly about your situation? Last you posted you weren't sure about ending things or staying.

In the separation and divorce section, she made another thread where she said she had filed for a legal separation. Not sure what happened after.

• Like 1