Girl I am dating for almost a year is getting back with her ... husband.

I don't want to sound cliché but I went through this thread et j'ai trouvé ça ben platte ce que tu vis...

You're are wallowing. It is painfully evident to all us. Lots of people have posted trying to give your head a shake. I mean, I get it...love hurts, rejection kills and it kills harder if you feel that you lack un bon reseau social where you can be confident that you can meet new people. That's what leads people to obsess over their last ex longer than is healthy. I've done it, believe me. I've felt that I had to cling desperately to my ex because she was the last woman on earth that wanted me and where would I find another.

But I gave that up a long time ago. Its high time you realized (and this is where the cliché comes in) that you need to work on you. If you don't like yourself you will not be attractive. I'm not the world's most handsomest man but I've done alright in love. No man on this board would say no to any woman I've been with. The other day I saw a really beautiful woman that I used to be SO in love with walking down the street hand in hand with a potato. Or at least he looked like one. I couldn't believe it. Lucky guy? Sure but I bet he has self-confidence, is therefore interesting, lives his life and attracts people because he isn't waiting for some woman to come along and give his life meaning. He probably has his own meaning and in relationship and breakups that stays with him.

I'm guessing of course, maybe he's just rich. Who knows. All I know is there is no excuse for all this moping. You are alive for a set period of days and years. You are responsible for what you do with the lime allotted. Get out there, make your life interesting, start liking your life and yourself and you will meet someone. And you will want them instead of needing them. And they will want you and respect you and want to be with and do nothing to lose you.

If you don't work on yourself you will continue to be food for narcissists and broken women on the rebound.

Also, everyday you spend in this funk is another day where you miss your render-vous with the next person you're going to be with. I know, I know...I sound like I'm selling something, but tabarnak man, its true. You need to fix yourself and put yourself out there. You won't meet anyone sitting on the couch with nothing to talk about but your boring job.

I can't tell you how to do it and I won't tell you you don't have the right to be down while you process what is obviously a difficult experience for you. Mais il faut en tires des leçons pour mieux faire la prochaine fois.

Il faut pas rester pogné dans une fixation sur une passé que tu peux faire crissement rien du tout pour changer. Serieusement!

Ok, I'll stop ranting...hope this helps.

:)

• Like 2
  • Author
SomeGeekGuy

I apologize for my last post.

I still have thoughts and feelings about that girl, it seems. I spent a while crying over what happened and how I miss her and how she deceived me. I'm a mess.

I want to work on myself, and I try to really hard. But, like Salmagundi said, it's hard without a good network of friends. Mine are mostly busy. Even when they're around though and I get to spend time with them I still get very depressed.

I wish my ex could feel what I feel. I wish she knew how painful this has been. I really want her to know that she has hurt a very, very good person in the worse way anyone ever has. I could've lost a limb and it wouldn't have hurt this much.

wow, I'm really sorry to hear about all the pain you are going through. Sounds like you were totally manipulated by this woman. Someone else I'm sure has probably said this but if she's willing to deceive and lie to you about her husband and do the same to him......... is this woman really worthy of such a pedestal? Yeah I'm sure she has a lot of great qualities and you guys really connected but it sounds like to me is she is pretty selfish when it comes to her emotional needs. Like she will throw anybody under the bus if it means making herself feel better.

Your story made me feel a bit better as I am in a similar situation where my relationship ended abruptly out of nowhere but it was so soon into it that I realize it is small potatoes in comparison to what you're going through. I fell hard for a girl I was dating only for a month or so and come to find out she has some serious demons that I never knew about apparently. When I picked her up for the last time she was bawling and said we should just be friends. She said something that really rang in my ears when I told her "but I loved everything about you and everything was going so amazing" She replied "how well do you think you even really knew me....."

She's right and maybe you too are ignoring the bad qualities of this girl because your love goggles won't allow you to see it. In my case I just wasn't with her long enough to see hers I guess and maybe she did a decent thing for me and let me off the hook. She told me she doesn't even feel close to being good enough for me. That tells me whatever her demons are, she thinks I won't approve. Something about not being fully moved on from someone in her past.

I didn't get too far into it. My advice is stick to no contact and start thinking of how selfish she's acted towards you and her husband in regards to both of your feelings. She sounds like someone who will get what she needs at whatever cost or collateral damage to others. Not someone you want to forge a long lasting relationship with. My opinion is her and her husband will probably be divorced in 2-5 years but she isn't worth putting your life on hold for. A woman like that will chew up men and spit em out until she matures and realizes other people have feelings too.

Edited by Sheppy99
  • Author
SomeGeekGuy

My advice is stick to no contact and start thinking of how selfish she's acted towards you and her husband in regards to both of your feelings. She sounds like someone who will get what she needs at whatever cost or collateral damage to others. Not someone you want to forge a long lasting relationship with. My opinion is her and her husband will probably be divorced in 2-5 years but she isn't worth putting your life on hold for. A woman like that will chew up men and spit em out until she matures and realizes other people have feelings too.

That's what's so painful about it. That I really had such strong feelings about this girl and that she deceived me like that.

The problem is that I don't know the real details here.

As far as her husband goes, I don't know what's going on anymore. She had removed him from her facebook for a while, then back again recently. So I can assume they had an argument of some kind, maybe they did divorce, I don't know.

All I know is that I've been left in pieces and I've been grieving ever since she left me. Trying to find someone who, like her, is at the same place in life right now and enjoys the same things.

• Author
SomeGeekGuy

The loneliness is killing me. I feel desperate. I wish she was back in my life the way it used to be.

I miss just the general friendship we had. I miss being able to have someone to hang out and pass the time doing things we both love. I miss her touch too. Just the little gestures of affection. And I miss her voice and hearing about how her day was and just talk about whatever.

I miss just having someone to invite to the different activities I like to do. And knowing that she will actually enjoy it because it's her kind of thing too. I miss having someone to cook for and showing off my culinary skills.

I miss getting there and thinking about some silly thing to say in her building intercom when she answers the buzzer. Then coming up to her place and have her open the door and say my name in excitement with a smile and that look on her face that says she is so glad to see me followed with a long warm hug and a nice kiss.

I don't know what the hell this all meant for her, but it meant a lot for me. No matter what happened, if she wanted me back I think I'd take her back in a second.

I miss her so much today, I'm at the office and I can't stop myself from crying. I feel pathetic.

Yeah...she can get back with him all she wants. It's still not going to work if it didn't work the first time.

This is the key phrase.

" I wish she was back in my life the way it used to be. "

I wish my ex was back with me and full on like she was in the first 3 months but it is gone, forever. People change, people fall out of love, people use and abuse people.

One thing I would say with some experience is you can pretty much ignore any of the BS you heard in the first few months as it means nothing at the end of the day.

No she won't. Her husband divorced her. I'm pretty sure about that. She removed him and his family members from her facebook. And I also found out she was with another man just a few days after. She didn't waste any time. And she also cut contact with me altogether. If she really wanted to talk to me she would've by now.

And, I think we would've been right for each other, had the circumstances been different. We really had such a great chemistry. I am convinced we would've been perfect for each other.

She does not feel the same as she is not with you. Sorry to be hard on you but what you are convinced about means jack sh*t, it is what she thinks and she is not with you. Comprende ? Do not waste any more of your life with this struggle my friend. My ex gave no fight to keep the relationship together and now another guy is with her so it's hurts like hell but it is their choice at the end of the day and no one owns anyone. It is just a " lease agreement " to be reviewed and renewed every 6 months. I will never fall for the BS again and will never let another Woman into my heart. It is simply not worth it.

• Author
SomeGeekGuy

Additionally, every time I close my eyes, I remember her apartment, the smell of her place and the music she listened to. I keep remembering how great it felt being there with her and just being immersed in everything that was her. She fascinated me and I was so in love.

I feel like I don't want to live another day if she's not in my life.

I haven't talked to her in 3 months now. Who knows how she feels. Maybe she feels the same way, maybe she doesn't... I wish I could talk to her again.

Additionally, every time I close my eyes, I remember her apartment, the smell of her place and the music she listened to. I keep remembering how great it felt being there with her and just being immersed in everything that was her. She fascinated me and I was so in love.

I haven't talked to her in 3 months now. Who knows how she feels. Maybe she feels the same way, maybe she doesn't... I wish I could talk to her again.

It's over bud. Move on.

We tend to romantise everything when we are dumped. I can look back at having a breakfast together as if it were the most magical moment of all time but in reality it was just breakfast. Some people spend 10 years of their lives together experiencing the most wonderful things together so that is tough to deal with but we tend to put the ex on a pedastal. Look your ex has treated you like horsesh*t so why expose yourself to this anymore ?

The loneliness is killing me. I feel desperate. I wish she was back in my life the way it used to be.

I miss just the general friendship we had. I miss being able to have someone to hang out and pass the time doing things we both love. I miss her touch too. Just the little gestures of affection. And I miss her voice and hearing about how her day was and just talk about whatever.

I miss just having someone to invite to the different activities I like to do. And knowing that she will actually enjoy it because it's her kind of thing too. I miss having someone to cook for and showing off my culinary skills.

I miss getting there and thinking about some silly thing to say in her building intercom when she answers the buzzer. Then coming up to her place and have her open the door and say my name in excitement with a smile and that look on her face that says she is so glad to see me followed with a long warm hug and a nice kiss.

I don't know what the hell this all meant for her, but it meant a lot for me. No matter what happened, if she wanted me back I think I'd take her back in a second.

I miss her so much today, I'm at the office and I can't stop myself from crying. I feel pathetic.

:/ You truly do need to work on yourself. Work on loving yourself. Three months later, after all you know, after all you've seen, and you'd take her back in a second? This woman was NOT who you thought she was. You're dwelling, you're obsessing, and you're constantly thinking about the fantasy that was created in your own mind. What you thought you had, was not reality. You really need to grasp this... and truly grasp this. What you thought was real... what you thought you had... wasn't.

What I truly think is that there is a void within YOURSELF that you're trying to fill with someone else. You can't do that. Until you're happy in your own skin, you can't be happy with someone else. It's not someone else's responsibility to fix the loneliness you feel inside. It's not someone else's responsibility to provide all of the fun, and excitement in your life. You need to find all of these things WITHIN yourself before you even THINK of starting a new relationship.

Ask yourself right now... what would you have to contribute to a relationship if your dream girl (not this skanky ex) were to show up at your doorstep? What could YOU give HER to show her she should be in a relationship with you and stay in the relationship? All I see right now is a shell of a person. A person who unless he has others filling that hole, is just empty. Sad. Lonely.

You need to start taking SERIOUS initiative with your life. So your friends all have their own lives. Go out and make new friends. Stop making excuses for yourself. Push yourself out of your comfort zone. Take up new hobbies. Do something that inspires you. Do something you're passionate about. Take a weekend vacation and drive somewhere alone. Explore. Get off OKCupid and dating websites. A girlfriend is the LAST thing you need right now, and frankly, true love doesn't come to those who are desperately chasing it. When it's the right time for you, it will find you when you least expect it.

• Like 1
:/ You truly do need to work on yourself. Work on loving yourself. Three months later, after all you know, after all you've seen, and you'd take her back in a second? This woman was NOT who you thought she was. You're dwelling, you're obsessing, and you're constantly thinking about the fantasy that was created in your own mind. What you thought you had, was not reality. You really need to grasp this... and truly grasp this. What you thought was real... what you thought you had... wasn't.

What I truly think is that there is a void within YOURSELF that you're trying to fill with someone else. You can't do that. Until you're happy in your own skin, you can't be happy with someone else. It's not someone else's responsibility to fix the loneliness you feel inside. It's not someone else's responsibility to provide all of the fun, and excitement in your life. You need to find all of these things WITHIN yourself before you even THINK of starting a new relationship.

Ask yourself right now... what would you have to contribute to a relationship if your dream girl (not this skanky ex) were to show up at your doorstep? What could YOU give HER to show her she should be in a relationship with you and stay in the relationship? All I see right now is a shell of a person. A person who unless he has others filling that hole, is just empty. Sad. Lonely.

You need to start taking SERIOUS initiative with your life. So your friends all have their own lives. Go out and make new friends. Stop making excuses for yourself. Push yourself out of your comfort zone. Take up new hobbies. Do something that inspires you. Do something you're passionate about. Take a weekend vacation and drive somewhere alone. Explore. Get off OKCupid and dating websites. A girlfriend is the LAST thing you need right now, and frankly, true love doesn't come to those who are desperately chasing it. When it's the right time for you, it will find you when you least expect it.

This is spot on.

Why does the world revolve around this woman? Can you sit back and honestly say she felt the same about you? I'm going to answer and say no. She fascinated you. You immersed yourself in everything that was HER. Where were YOU in all of this? It seems like you have no identity. No hobbies. No "fascinations" of your own. Maybe that's why she left. Maybe she was bored. It's absolutely pointless to be in a relationship with someone who doesn't really bring anything to the table.

And no. She doesn't feel the same way. If she did, she wouldn't have run back to her husband. And then after he divorced her she wouldn't have gotten with the next guy!

I regret blowing it with my ex as she was genuinely a wonderful woman. Something I will have to and am trying to live with. But even then it was not 100% my fault. From reading this thread the woman treated the OP and continues to treat him like utter sh*t so I cannot see what the deal is here.

I regret blowing it with my ex as she was genuinely a wonderful woman. Something I will have to and am trying to live with. But even then it was not 100% my fault. From reading this thread the woman treated the OP and continues to treat him like utter sh*t so I cannot see what the deal is here.

Low self esteem. Lack of confidence. Loss of identity. Depression. Just to name a few.

Depression for sure. He is not thinking straight. Why spend so much time over someone who treated you like horsesh*t ? I have had many relationships and can genuinely say the last one was a very special woman so it is hard as hell to live with never seeing her again. She tried to do so much for me and I blew it but having said that even then it was not all my fault. If she ever needed me I would be there for her, like a shot, but as it is she is with another guy. Someone who will not f*ck it up like I did. This relationship with the OP seemed toxic and she has treated him very very badly so I don't get why someone would mourn the ending of this. Yes it was great at the start, it always is but time takes it's toll. The everyday sh*t of life takes it's toll and it is only the very strong relationships that can withstand this. The OP needs to get a reality check and very soon.

Depression for sure. He is not thinking straight. Why spend so much time over someone who treated you like horsesh*t ? I have had many relationships and can genuinely say the last one was a very special woman so it is hard as hell to live with never seeing her again. She tried to do so much for me and I blew it but having said that even then it was not all my fault. If she ever needed me I would be there for her, like a shot, but as it is she is with another guy. Someone who will not f*ck it up like I did. This relationship with the OP seemed toxic and she has treated him very very badly so I don't get why someone would mourn the ending of this. Yes it was great at the start, it always is but time takes it's toll. The everyday sh*t of life takes it's toll and it is only the very strong relationships that can withstand this. The OP needs to get a reality check and very soon.

Agreed. You sound like my ex... but I don't believe he misses me or cares that it's over.

But yeah, he fu*ked it up big time even though he refused to take one ounce of responsibility, but he's the reason I was able to move on so quickly. Although we had good times (so i thought) he did so many crappy things to me. So I don't even think about the good. I think and focus on the negative, because there is just far too much negative to ignore.

But I think the OP won't get this reality check because look at how long this thread is. So many people have given so much advice and he disregards it all. It's as if he's a glutton for punishment. He'll walk by her house, essentially stalking her. He does things impulsively even though he's recognizing it's not healthy. It's as if he can't stop. This is a problem. He doesn't look objectively, he's just running on emotions. No one here can really help. A professional would probably be best bet.

Agreed. You sound like my ex... but I don't believe he misses me or cares that it's over.

But yeah, he fu*ked it up big time even though he refused to take one ounce of responsibility, but he's the reason I was able to move on so quickly. Although we had good times (so i thought) he did so many crappy things to me. So I don't even think about the good. I think and focus on the negative, because there is just far too much negative to ignore.

But I think the OP won't get this reality check because look at how long this thread is. So many people have given so much advice and he disregards it all. It's as if he's a glutton for punishment. He'll walk by her house, essentially stalking her. He does things impulsively even though he's recognizing it's not healthy. It's as if he can't stop. This is a problem. He doesn't look objectively, he's just running on emotions. No one here can really help. A professional would probably be best bet.

I loved/love my ex very very much but it is over. I have accepted this now. I can't tell you how much it hurts but it is what it is. I genuinely hope the new guy brings her happiness and love as she deserves it. The OP is fixated even though she is on her second relationship already since the split that she was some sort of wonderwoman when all I can see is a person who treated him appallingly but the mind plays tricks with you and he is not thinking straight so I seriously suggest he needs councelling as we don't mean to be horrible and we are not professionals which he most definately needs.

• Author
SomeGeekGuy

God, I know...

That is true. I try very hard to do activities to keep myself busy and surround me with people I know and do stuff to get my mind off this. I have plans for August to travel. I'm going to Maine next week to enjoy the beaches there for a few days with my folks. Then a week after I'm heading to San Fran for a long 4 day weekend. After that I was planning on doing a road trip to Boston. Or there was also a big sci-fi/comic convention in Toronto as well that I want to attend. I mean there's lots to do.

I also plan on either making or joining a dodgeball team with a local sports & social club like I used to before I moved back here. That would be fun. It's just I don't know how it's gonna be with people I don't know.

I gotta admit, that's kinda how I feel right now. But, I have lots to give and to show. I'm usually a fun guy to be with, it's just been rough lately.

I am trying my best to work on myself. I've had professional help. I'm trying to take up new hobbies, doing activities to keep busy. I started blogging about the city and the places I visit while walking around. I have another one about my recipes and cooking. Also, like I said, I want to start a dodgeball team or join one if I can't find anybody.

I want to take up new hobbies, but it's tough when you work all day at a computer and you need to exercise in the evening to keep in shape and stay fit and take care of all your **** by yourself. That's when I don't have to work late to catch up on my work. Such is the life when you work in software. Also, I barely have enough room in my flat to take up anything at all. I'm also trying to save money to finance all the activities I want to do and I can barely keep up.

Also, everything I was passionate about, my ex was passionate about too. So every time I do something I love doing, it just reminds me of her. Every. Single. Time. It's like she was my perfect match and I feel like I've lost it for ever. That's why I am so f*cking depressed. All my life I've been seeking a girl just like her. I finally had her and all this sh*t had to happen. I've always been the last f*ucking guy to be picked and I'm seriously f*cking tired of this. This woman did have feelings for me. She wouldn't have cried when we broke up otherwise. She wouldn't have tried to stay in touch. She stopped talking to me because the last call we had, I bawled over the phone about wanting her to stay with me and how I thought she was my soul mate. I just scared her off by being so f*cking pathetic over the phone.

I don't know what she's been doing since then. I don't know what she's been thinking. maybe she's thinking that I moved on with my life and don't want to talk to her just like you guys are telling me she's not talking to me because she's moved on with her own life. But, maybe she wants to hear from me, god only knows. I'll never know unless I talk to her. But, everyone is telling me not to.

As far as OkCupid goes, I'm just trying to make friends on there and find people with similar interests to hang out all while hoping something might come up along the way.

Anyway, all of this is some f*cked up bull ****. I'm going out.

Crying during a breakup isn't "proof" that she cares.

Women cry for all kinds of reasons. She was probably feeling emotionally sleazy about dumping you and cried to illicit your sympathy, so you'd comfort and reassure her that you still think she's a good person.

And the only reason she hasn't called you is because SHE DOESN'T WANT TO. She's not looking out for YOU, she's looking out for herself and what SHE wants.

Hello -- you have this woman on an insanely high pedestal!

You are completely misinterpreting her motives to maintain this fiction that she only acted in your best interests and DESPITE caring for you so much...... seriously? At any moment between husbands and boyfriends she could've picked up the phone and had you over there and back in her life in minutes.... she didn't do it because SHE DIDN'T WANT TO.

Look, I understand she was geeky and liked the same shows you do and you felt she was uniquely compatible with you. Well guess what -- geeks are EVERYWHERE. Those shows you liked so much wouldn't be on the air if they didn't have a HUGE audience of geeks just like you.

She's not so special.

You THINK she's special at the moment because you're feeling lonely and haven't met anyone else yet.

If you want to call her, go right ahead -- don't blame the people here who are trying to help you recover from this idiot who dumped you! Go ahead and call her and -- IF she even takes the call -- go ahead and ask her if there's a chance for the two of you and if she really still loves you and who that guy was you saw in her window immediately after she dumped you.

I think you just need to get the wake-up call that this woman is NOT secretly regretting this breakup..... or suffering without you..... she's moved on! She moved on long ago. She was FINE with ending things for good and causing you pain and that hasn't changed at all. She's not even interested enough to keep you on the backburner as a Plan B, that's why you haven't heard from her.

The reason NC is recommended is to help YOU move on, no other reason. Nobody here is trying to keep you from your "beloved"..... the people here are the ones who are acting in your best interest, not that stupid woman who dumped you!

And as far as OKCupid goes, I met the man of my dreams on that site and I have VERY high standards as well.... in fact all my single girlfriends are so blown away by this amazing new guy that THEY'RE all signing up there.......

So grow a pair and pull it together. Life goes on. You SO DODGED A BULLET with this woman.

Work with OKCupid and Meetup.com and get yourself out there in the world meeting new and better women.

Go find someone worthy of you and your time.

xo

• Author
SomeGeekGuy

Man...

What a rough week. I definitely dipped back in depression.

I really don't know what triggered this. I think it's because I dreamt about her last week and the thought has just been haunting my mind.

Ruby, you're probably right. Like many others. But, who knows what the hell is going on in her mind anyway.

I feel pretty bad. I really don't know what to think and I feel like I never got any closure.

Tonight I'm going to a party. A lot of people will be celebrating "the camper's Christmas" for people who go camping down south during the summer during the peak vacation time here. I'm gonna try to let go and relax and have some fun a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Author
SomeGeekGuy

After 4 months without any contact, my ex texts me out of nowhere yesterday.

Just to tell me she met an actor from that tv show that was "our thing". Then continues on about some other stuff. It was as if nothing ever happened.

I don't know how to react or what to make of it. All I know is that she hasn't forgotten about me apparently. She texted me all evening, but then didn't get any more news. Not a peep from her today or anything.

I think I handled it pretty well. I didn't let anything show and acted all cool.

But, what the hell?

She thinks you're friends now because she's completely over you and assumes you feel the same way.

So she has no problem sending a casual text.

Hasn't forgotten you? I think she's messing with your head to see if she can get you to respond! My ex sent me a random text the other day too. His was "Is there a reason you're ignoring my texts?" Mind you, he hadn't sent any at all and he knew it.

Next time she does this, reply back "Who on earth is this?!" or at least "Oh! Are you the girl from last Friday? I've been meaning to text you. I left my jacket at your place!" ;)