Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

Jono85

personally i don't like girls taller than me, b/c deep down i feel that 95% of girls don't like guys that are shorter than them. so i feel if i were find a perfect girl who was say 5'10...or even my height (since in the OP i said i don't like girls around my height), i would be insecure, BECAUSE i feel like she most likely settled and if a guy who's similar to me comes around who's 6'2, she'd be wanting to leave.

Exactly how I feel.

If women knew there was a "type" of man that borderline universally found them to be the pinnacle of unattractive, they wouldn't flirt with that type of man. There's close to a 100% chance a woman taller than me wouldn't date me no matter what, and there's even 1 out 2 chance a woman much shorter than me wouldn't date me no matter how much we have in common or how amazing I am for her.

Women can deny it to be politically correct, as usual, but any man who has played the field knows the way it goes.

Well, I can't stop you from being upset by my use of a word. You understand the context, that I'm just saying 5'11" is ideal (to me). Quit dwelling on 'spoiled'. It shouldn't matter that I used that word if I've also declared that I've not just liked, but BEEN IN LOVE with men who were 5'6". It would be worse if I never used the word spoiled but said I can't imagine falling in love with a guy who is 5'6".

You don't care that I've been in love with men your height. All you care about is me using the word spoiled. You're just trying to find ways to be offended, when what I have been saying in my posts is actually very complimentary to you and men of your height and should be encouraging, not insulting.[/Quote]

I hope women have such an open mind and tolerance, as you demand of men, for a 45 year old guy who states that he feels "Spoiled" because he got to date a 23 year old, but could technically fall in love with a woman closer to his own age.

What you are saying when you use words like spoiled is that if you had known before that a 5'11 guy (since you are obviously irrationally insecure about being a short girl) was willing to date you, you would've never bothered with a shorter guy. It's a subconscious slip up you are now back pedaling from, because you are a coward.

Edited by Hetzer

I knew this repetitive thread wouldnt go well. Especially with all the trolls running around lately.

Either way, Im 5'9...im fit...and I dont give a damn about my height. I know Im sexy.

You mad short guys?

Have some damn confidence. Dont give a fudge about women who dont want you...only care about those who do want you.

• Like 2
Well, I can't stop you from being upset by my use of a word. You understand the context, that I'm just saying 5'11" is ideal (to me). Quit dwelling on 'spoiled'. It shouldn't matter that I used that word if I've also declared that I've not just liked, but BEEN IN LOVE with men who were 5'6". It would be worse if I never used the word spoiled but said I can't imagine falling in love with a guy who is 5'6".

You don't care that I've been in love with men your height. All you care about is me using the word spoiled. You're just trying to find ways to be offended, when what I have been saying in my posts is actually very complimentary to you and men of your height and should be encouraging, not insulting.

BTW, how tall are you?

And are you aware that 5'11 is above average height for a man?

I knew this repetitive thread wouldnt go well. Especially with all the trolls running around lately.

Either way, Im 5'9...im fit...and I dont give a damn about my height. I know Im sexy.

You mad short guys?

Have some damn confidence. Dont give a fudge about women who dont want you...only care about those who do want you.

And when no women want you? Then what?

• Like 2
maybe not a big issue, but i'm sure there's been girls who've turned you down b/c of your height. you woudn't know that, but surely there's been some.

not the end of the world by any means of course.

i just find it a little unfair for a short girl, to only date tall men. that's all. you notice it more when browsing dating profiles online.

Man...I wouldnt worry about preferences on an OLD profile. OLD makes everyone more picky since you just browse through profiles like a vagina-dick catalog.

In real life its never been an issue and every chick Ive been with like me the way I was. Our heights matched up fine. Plus women in my experience are so bad at determining height. Most women guess Im like 5'10 or 5'11. Good posture will do that. One girl even guessed I was 6'0 tall even though I was 5'9 just like her. Once I stood right next to her she finally went "oooooh....oops"

Lol ladies.

Jeez. Read all the other stuff I said about "other factors." Height alone, yes, 5'11" is better than 5'6". But you're crazy if you think women choose their partners based on height alone.

I've said at least four or five times that I've liked guys who were 5'6" and that a taller guy isn't automatically going to get my attention just because he's taller.

You all seem to think if a guy is taller he's just going to get every woman you could possibly have because he's taller and she's just going to gravitate toward him not caring about anything else about him. That isn't the case.

None of that is relevant to me.

The hardest part, for me, in attracting a woman is getting my foot in the door. But you see, women towards somewhat shorter than 5'10 guys is like the coach that benches a player and never gives him a chance. Seeing all types of guys, who are inferior to you in many ways, have a massive dating pool because of height Affirmative Action is an incredibly frustrating experience.

Women might draw some lines with some tall guys, but they always tolerate so much more than they would from a shorter guy, if they even give the latter a chance that is. Even then, there is no shortage of women who will mindlessly chase after a man just for being tall and nothing more.

That's because you're 5'9.

Try being 5'6 and see how that affects you.

Id make sure I stayed pretty like Prince or Zac Efron.

Pretty boys get girls despite their height. That and having charisma and a good body helps.

Oh, and if you make her feel like a woman in the bedroom, she will forget about the height.

And when no women want you? Then what?

What I just said above this quote.

Badsingularity

Guys.

A guy who is humble and realizes that he is not the perfect specimen of man, but still has confidence in who he is, knows himself, and is happy with who he is very attractive to women.

For the record. I am 5' 9" and my GF is also 5' 9" . She's around or a little over 6 feet tall when we go out and she wears heels.( I encourage her to wear whatever shoes make her feel sexy even if it means she will be taller than me). So not every women REQUIRES a man that towers over her. She might like it, but there are other traits in a man that can beat out height. Like confidence and awesomeness.;)

• Like 4

In regards to attraction, men and women need some sort of physical attribute that offsets another physical attribute they lack.

If you dont have the facial looks? Get a sexy body.

If you dont have the best body, keep a nice looking face and keep your style game up.

If you have height issues, then get two out of three of the last few things I mentioned.

People have to have at least something going for them physically if they want to open the doors for others to get to know their personality.

Real Talk.

• Like 4
fortyninethousand322
just something that has begun to anger me. i'm 5'8, so not terribly short, but short(er). most of my girlfriends have usually been between 5'2 and 5'5, no taller than that. maybe it's an insecurity thing, most likely in fact, but i don't like girls that are close to my height (heels would put them taller). so basically i'm already picking from say half of the girls (5'5 and under). then i see so many of these shorter girls, on dating sites, say they need a tall man.

like who the hell are you? lol that's my initial reaction, most likely irrational (i guess we can all demand certain qualities and shouldn't be judged for them). but i just find it a little ridiculous, that these short girls refuse to date shorter guys. it's a bit lame.

Maybe it's lame, maybe it isn't. Yeah I guess it sucks if you're short and women judge you for that, but what are you going to do?

Kaylan is always talking about what a ladies man he is, giving everyone advice, but where's his woman? He claims he's too picky, yet if he's so amazing why can't he attract a woman he likes?

Just another self-important moron. Literally no one in the world cares what you think Kaylan, your arrogance and ego is a shadow over your reality.

• Like 1
The irony? ;)

No, it's lame because the best thing you could think of was to use exactly what I said. What made it even more stupid was that you made it seem like I actually care why women much taller than me wouldn't want me.

Badsingularity
Plus women in my experience are so bad at determining height. Most women guess Im like 5'10 or 5'11. Good posture will do that. One girl even guessed I was 6'0 tall even though I was 5'9 just like her.

Funny. I've also had a couple of women who guessed that I was 5' 11'.

I think a mans confidence can actually effect how women perceive a mans size.

They seem to see a man with very little confidence as smaller than he actually is and perceive a man with a lot of confidence a larger than he actually is.

Id make sure I stayed pretty like Prince or Zac Efron.

Pretty boys get girls despite their height. That and having charisma and a good body helps.

Sadly I'm not a pretty boy. I'm just average in looks. And a guy can't "just get pretty" unless you are advocating make-up.

Though I do try to work on my body, it certainly can't help.

Charisma is a mystery to me.

Oh, and if you make her feel like a woman in the bedroom, she will forget about the height.
I'd actually have to get her into the bedroom first.

I hope women have such an open mind and tolerance, as you demand of men, for a 45 year old guy who states that he feels "Spoiled" because he got to date a 23 year old, but could technically fall in love with a woman closer to his own age.

I would understand what a 45 year old man meant if he said he was spoiled 'cause he'd been with several 23 year old women and was now dating older women. It means 23 year olds typically have younger-looking skin and younger-looking everything. Why would it not make sense for that aspect of them to be more appealing to him?

I wouldn't condemn him for it. I don't nitpick at every single indication of superficiality in human beings, as if it's somehow a crime and not normal.

You keep saying I'm backpedaling when I'm not. I've stated in no uncertain terms that *if all things are equal*, sure, I'd pick a 5'11" guy over a 5'6" guy. But things aren't equal, ever.

What you are saying when you use words like spoiled is that if you had known before that a 5'11 guy (since you are obviously irrationally insecure about being a short girl) was willing to date you, you would've never bothered with a shorter guy. It's a subconscious slip up you are now back pedaling from, because you are a coward.

No, that's not what I was saying at all. Oh my god, there is no point to this...

All kinds of heights will date me. I've known that since I started dating. 6'2" to 5'4" -- I've gotten interest from all heights. Why would I think "If I'd known a guy 5'11" would date me, I'd never have dated a 5'6" guy"? When I liked the 5'6" guys I've mentioned (and been crazy for them), I'd already dated guys who were taller and been liked by them.

• Like 1
Badsingularity
Kaylan is always talking about what a ladies man he is, giving everyone advice, but where's his woman? He claims he's too picky, yet if he's so amazing why can't he attract a woman he likes?

Just another self-important moron. Literally no one in the world cares what you think Kaylan, your arrogance and ego is a shadow over your reality.

I happen to agree with what kaylan says most of the time and I have a woman and have no problems attracting other women.

Some of the advice you all give is good, but not relevant.

Yes, if I could get a woman into the bedroom I bet she would forget and overlook my height. A woman who overlooks that I'm not super tall or rich, i could probably dazzle if we have enough in common, the issue is finding a woman who overlooks such things.

Professor X
No, it's lame because the best thing you could think of was to use exactly what I said. What made it even more stupid was that you made it seem like I actually care why women much taller than me wouldn't want me.

It wasn't my best, it was to point out to you how stupid you sounded.

What is stupid is that you thought I tried to make you care. No, I didn't, I just tried to point out, with your help yet again, that the same way you don't care, they don't care.

So get over it, I am 5'6 and alas, I am dating, having sex, in RS and what not, I'm also brown in color, so you should have the advantage in color whitey, I also don't work out (and you do, amirite?).

• Author

lol i didn't intend on this thread exploding like it did.

i also didn't intend to come off as if this stressed me out quite a bit, b/c it doesn't. maybe it's b/c i'm 5'8 though and it seems only a bit below average. it might stress me much more if i was say 5'5, not sure.

i started the thread moreso b/c it does piss me off whenever i see those profiles online. in fact ANY of those girls that have a long list of requirements pisses me off. i think that anyone demanding things should make sure they're also holding their end of the bargain and then some. maybe i just find it rude to come out and say things like "if you're below _____ don't message me please. no offense but blah blah blah". like shutup bitch..

• Like 1
You might not say, but I strongly believe you would feel it.

No, it doesn't explain why you have done so horribly with women. You're taking me saying I've liked the guys I've dated who were 5'11" to mean that women prefer men who are taller at the expense of shorter men at all times, and therefore you're cursed. I've been head over heels for shorter men, too. 5'6", 5'7". I may still like the 5'11" height a lot, but I've been in love with 5'6" and 5'7" and so have a lot of women. It's not the reason you have no luck with women.

WRONG!!!!!!!

Jane, a LOT of men PREFER petite women!!!! Seriously. MOre then that I know LIKE a short, small women, more than an average or tall women!!!!!!!!!!!

Guys like a girl who is PETITE and they can throw around. Trust me.

MORE guys, from my experience, prefer a small PETITE women, to a taller women.

Professor X

No, it doesn't explain why you have done so horribly with women. You're taking me saying I've liked the guys I've dated who were 5'11" to mean that women prefer men who are taller at the expense of shorter men at all times, and therefore you're cursed. I've been head over heels for shorter men, too. 5'6", 5'7". I may still like the 5'11" height a lot, but I've been in love with 5'6" and 5'7" and so have a lot of women. It's not the reason you have no luck with women.

WRONG!!!!!!!

Jane, a LOT of men PREFER petite women!!!! Seriously. MOre then that I know LIKE a short, small women, more than an average or tall women!!!!!!!!!!!

WRONG !!!!!!!

a LOT of men PREFER curvy women!!!! Seriously.

Guys like a girl who is CURVY and they can grab her. Trust me.

Guys.

A guy who is humble and realizes that he is not the perfect specimen of man, but still has confidence in who he is, knows himself, and is happy with who he is very attractive to women.

For the record. I am 5' 9" and my GF is also 5' 9" . She's around or a little over 6 feet tall when we go out and she wears heels.( I encourage her to wear whatever shoes make her feel sexy even if it means she will be taller than me). So not every women REQUIRES a man that towers over her. She might like it, but there are other traits in a man that can beat out height. Like confidence and awesomeness.;)

I love this post. I normally wouldn't want to date a guy shorter than 5'10" but this attitude and confidence can beat out the height thing for sure.

• Like 1

WRONG!!!!!!!

Yeah, I know :)

People do like to throw me around. It's fun.

I think men like women and women like men.

That's what I think.