Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

Jono85

pleeeeeaaaasee

you KNOW that a shorter guy saying he won't date a girl 5'10, is not even close to the same as a shorter girl, saying she won't date a guy (who's taller than her) who's 5'8.

don't compare the two, b/c they can't be compared.

you know VERY WELL that the overwelming majority of taller girls are wanting taller guys.

Why can't they be compared?

Why is it okay for a short man to have certain height preferences, but it's unacceptable or a short woman to have certain height preferences?

It's a total double standard. YOU are a hypocrite.

• Like 1

I honestly couldn't date a short guy, short to me meaning shorter than 5'7". I just want him to be taller enough than me so I'm not taller than him when I wear heels.

PlumPrincess
Just a theory, of course:

Shorter women may feel they are at a higher risk of being injured when attacked compared to taller/bigger women. So, they need a relatively bigger guy to better protect them.

This probably goes back to cave man era, human nature kinda of stuff. Does not mean they are shallow, it's just how they instinctively feel. Kinda like how some men may want a smaller women so they feel like they can protect her and carry her around if sick or whatever.

I recently had trouble in a bar and afterwards I wondered how it would have been if I had a partner who was shorter than average and physically not that imposing. I'm pretty sure if I was a 6 foot guy, nobody in the bar would have talked to me like they did. :mad:

It is hypocritical, but this guy doesn't speak for all men.

Of course he doesn't speak for all men. He just speaks for the irrational and insecure type of man.

• Like 1
  • Author
Yea. It's true. I'm shorter than you. It's unfair. There's so many unfair things about life. Don't even get me started. I could go all night.

But ... in a way, I think being a shorter guy has molded me into kind of the guy I am. I'm a really modest guy and I NEVER make fun of or put down anybody, including overweight people, little people, etc. I never really think anybody is below me. I like that about me.

Who knows? If I was 6 foot tall I might have been real good with girls but have been a total d@ouchebag.

is it sad that i think that would have actually led to more success in this world? lol seems like douchbags rule the world with women and with finances.

but seriously, i totally agree with you. i'm the same way. i wouldn't trade being humble and understanding for a couple inches of height any day. (assuming being taller would have led me to be more successful/invincable like u said and i became a d-bag).

I don't give a rats ass what your reasons are, cause the very same women you speak of, got reasons too.

The irony is, you hate on girls who choose via height while you do the exact same thing.

How the hell am I hating on anybody?

I'd love to hear some reasons why women don't want to date a short guy.

PlumPrincess
Women all describe the ideal man as "tall dark and handsome".

Imagine if men described their ideal woman as "big titted, light, and pretty". The howls of "WHAT ABOUT WOMEN'S BODY IMAGE". Small breasted women would refuse to leave the house in anxiety. "Women of color" would be protesting and howling about "racism" that men prefer blonde women. And of course , as usual, the ugly women will be agitating women against men in college and TV.

Difference? There are actually a lot of men like me who prefer small breasts. PREFER. Yes, that's right, although I would never reject a woman for big breasts either. And you know what's funny? Quite a few of my friends feel the same way, about 50%. I have never, and will never, meet a woman who prefers a man at my height (5'8) over a guy whose 5'11 or 6'2, NEVER.

Men are so much less discriminatory than women . Women get hung up on their myopic sexual fetishes (height is the biggest one) and neglect everything else.

I will never understand it and I think women should really be called out on it. I feel just as masculine around short women as I do around women taller than me, but women are too stupid to see that being tall doesnt mean being strong or masculine.

And a lot of men prefer women who are younger than them, so please, don't try to paint your gender as the nobler one, because it isn't.

• Like 1
I honestly couldn't date a short guy, short to me meaning shorter than 5'7". I just want him to be taller enough than me so I'm not taller than him when I wear heels.

Can you explain why you feel that way?

[quote=Hetzer;3891653

Oh yeah, and you don't blame men for wanting women different from you because you don't have a universally unattractive feature you cannot change no matter what. If you were a perfectly normal girl with a lot going for you that got rejected over and over for the same unchangeable feature, you would feel very different.

Being 5'6" is not some "universally unattractive feature"

Jeez.

Actually, if a guy is 5'5" or 5'6", I don't think he should be worrying about women not wanting him. Women will want him. I just said in a previous post that I've liked several guys who were that height, and there are tons of other women like me...

If a guy is under 5'4", I do think he can complain.

I see women all the time with men who are 5'6" or so. Therefore, I don't get why men on this board seem to think it's the kiss of death.

• Like 1

Who knows? If I was 6 foot tall I might have been real good with girls but have been a total d@ouchebag.

If I was just as tall as my dad, 5'10, I would do so much better than women. Hell I'd probably be married now, unless I was screwing everything that moved.

I see women all the time with men who are 5'6" or so. Therefore, I don't get why men on this board seem to think it's the kiss of death.

That's because for many men, being short has been the kiss of death.

I can't, myself, give reasons why I don't want to date a short guy because I do want to date short guy.

5'11" is more attractive to me. But I still do want to date a short guy.

You just took my compliment to 5'11" men as ideal to mean much more than it did.

A short guy I know right now is attractive to me. I'd date him easily but it's not really an option for reasons not worth mentioning.

So. I know you're addressing women in general. But there's my answer.

On the whole, I do think that men are much more forgiving of women's physical "shortcomings" than women are of mens. I do think men are much less picky in the looks arena than the average woman.

The height thing is clearly a touchy subject. I am 5'8 and have dated exactly my height (many times). Not a problem. I have been taller than MOST of my BFs when I wear heels. The "he must be taller than me when I'm in my heels" thing kills me. As does a 5'4 woman who requires a guy to be 5'11 or whatever. I guess I like a guy to be at least my height but that's all.

I wonder if the women with the super specific height requirements (must be 5 in taller than me!!!) are the same ones with the 120k salary requirements, lol.

• Like 2
  • Author
Of course he doesn't speak for all men. He just speaks for the irrational and insecure type of man.

lmao.

mr all high and mighty here with zero insecurities.

it's called being honest. i'm sure there is certain women that you don't go after b/c of insecurities. many short guys don't go after women taller than them. those are bred from 90% of women openly saying they want taller men than them.

Professor X

The main reason for not wanting a guy that short is because they really enjoy salsa and other ballroom dances and it's really awkward when the guy is that much shorter than they are.

• Like 1
Professor X
lmao.

mr all high and mighty here with zero insecurities.

it's called being honest. i'm sure there is certain women that you don't go after b/c of insecurities. many short guys don't go after women taller than them. those are bred from 90% of women openly saying they want taller men than them.

There's a difference when u don't go after a taller women cause it's not what you want (think it's ugly, don't like to be overshadowed by a woman, etc etc) , to not ask tall women on a date cause of fear or rejection (my case).

Being 5'6" is not some "universally unattractive feature"

Jeez.

Actually, if a guy is 5'5" or 5'6", I don't think he should be worrying about women not wanting him. Women will want him. I just said in a previous post that I've liked several guys who were that height, and there are tons of other women like me...

If a guy is under 5'4", I do think he can complain.

5 Minutes ago you said being with a guy 5'11 made you feel spoiled and a huge upgrade, and now you're telling me the extreme female preference for height is no big deal?

Being 5'6 (I'm 5'8 btw and am on the ass end of this issue too) IS a kiss of death. Down playing the issue that certain height is universally unattractive is no exagerration there are no women who prefer men under 5'9 over men above it, sometimes far above 5'9 . NONE. The ones who do are a statistical anamoly, the chances of me meeting a woman who will actively like my height or not even think about it instead of just tolerating it as a huge con that I have to heavily compensate for in an extreme way are virtually 1 in a 10 million.

A guy whose under 5'9 should not complain about women not wanting him, yet every dating relating site you go on, the issue comes up with predictable consistency and often. Any time you eavesdrop on women talking about the kind of men they like, they always make sure to put down guys under a certain height (for some its under 5'10, for others its under 6'3, depending on how extreme the Tall Fetish the woman has).

• Like 1

In reality, most men want a woman who is a similar height to her though usually a few inches shorter. Saying, "it's not fair that 6' guys only want women 5'8 and above" doesn't hold much ground.

First of all, it's okay with me for guys to want what height they want. I may have said something in this thread, but that's only because someone started a thread about height and I made some casual remark that yeah, unfortunately, sometimes you (meaning everybody) isn't wanted because you don't meet a height requirement. In reality, when I hear guys say they want a taller woman, I just have to deal with that and focus on men who like my height.

At any rate, I certainly wasn't talking, necessarily, about 6'2" men preferring a woman who is 5'8" or 5'7". That makes a lot of sense for that to be the case. I'm actually talking more about men who are 5'8" and 5'9" or so, who could conceivably like a short woman like me because I'm shorter than them, but they still prefer taller - like 5'6" to 5'8". Pretty much the same way you feel. You're taller than shorter women, so why do they need someone even taller than you? For me, it's...I'm shorter than you - aren't you supposed to like that? - why do you need/want a woman taller than me?

I understand your logic because it's my same logic. The difference is that I'm not as upset about it. And you believe it's because I can get men anyway, easily. Maybe so.

But from experience, I have reason to believe I'm still slighted height-wise in favor of taller women for things that go beyond just "will he go on a date with me?" or "will he have a short-lived relationship with me?"

Million.to.1

How are things buddy?

the boob thing, can be fixed, if they're that insecure about it.

I hope you are not suggesting the because a man has a big boob preference, if he had a partner with small boobs who BECAME insecure about her boobs because she knows he liked big boobs, she could go get surgery? :eek:

jono, its true that most woman like to be with a man taller than herself. it's unfortunate, but just the way things are. We all have things about ourselves we cannot change and people have their "types" and preferences, so what. That's life. We all know that if you met someone who you felt a strong connection with, something as superficial as height or skin colour or boob size would cease to matter.

don't lie about your height in a dating profile though. Men do this as often as woman lie about their weight and it's annoying when you meet them and you realise they felt they had to lie about it. So stupid, and just sets people up for disappointment.

I can't, myself, give reasons why I don't want to date a short guy because I do want to date short guy.

5'11" is more attractive to me. But I still do want to date a short guy.

You just took my compliment to 5'11" men as ideal to mean much more than it did.

A short guy I know right now is attractive to me. I'd date him easily but it's not really an option for reasons not worth mentioning.

So. I know you're addressing women in general. But there's my answer.

I can understand being more attracted to a tall guy than a short guy, but you'd still date a short guy. It's the same thing as me being more attracted to a busty woman, but I would still date a woman with small boobs.

The main thing that got me mad was you saying that you felt spoiled by the taller guys.

Also, saying that taller guys are an upgrade to a short guy extremely shallow. I would never say a woman with big boobs is better than one with small ones.

The main reason for not wanting a guy that short is because they really enjoy salsa and other ballroom dances and it's really awkward when the guy is that much shorter than they are.

Wow, that was really lame.

Charles would be embarrassed.

On the whole, I do think that men are much more forgiving of women's physical "shortcomings" than women are of mens. I do think men are much less picky in the looks arena than the average woman.

The height thing is clearly a touchy subject. I am 5'8 and have dated exactly my height (many times). Not a problem. I have been taller than MOST of my BFs when I wear heels. The "he must be taller than me when I'm in my heels" thing kills me. As does a 5'4 woman who requires a guy to be 5'11 or whatever. I guess I like a guy to be at least my height but that's all.

I wonder if the women with the super specific height requirements (must be 5 in taller than me!!!) are the same ones with the 120k salary requirements, lol.

Thank God.

It's good to hear a woman who has some sense to her.

5 Minutes ago you said being with a guy 5'11 made you feel spoiled and a huge upgrade, and now you're telling me the extreme female preference for height is no big deal?

Jeez. Read all the other stuff I said about "other factors." Height alone, yes, 5'11" is better than 5'6". But you're crazy if you think women choose their partners based on height alone.

I've said at least four or five times that I've liked guys who were 5'6" and that a taller guy isn't automatically going to get my attention just because he's taller.

You all seem to think if a guy is taller he's just going to get every woman you could possibly have because he's taller and she's just going to gravitate toward him not caring about anything else about him. That isn't the case.

There's a difference when u don't go after a taller women cause it's not what you want (think it's ugly, don't like to be overshadowed by a woman, etc etc) , to not ask tall women on a date cause of fear or rejection (my case).

Yeah I feel the same way, the latter.

I find tall women and short women both really sexy in their own unique ways. I've hit on tall girls anyway, predictably gotten rejected, but the reason some guys don't bother hitting on tall girls isn't because they are unattractive like short guys are to women, but instead because women constantly remind us about how they only want guys who are 3-4 inches taller than them (atleast).

Tall girls are infected with this just as bad as any other woman, they just shouldn't be because being 5 inches taller than a 6' tall girl is a real luxury (especially seeing the desperation with which the little 5'1 girls throw themselves at the freakishly tall, they always beat the tall girls to it LOL).

• Author

i think the 2 go hand in hand tho. ie. they aren't mutually exclusive.

personally i don't like girls taller than me, b/c deep down i feel that 95% of girls don't like guys that are shorter than them. so i feel if i were find a perfect girl who was say 5'10...or even my height (since in the OP i said i don't like girls around my height), i would be insecure, BECAUSE i feel like she most likely settled and if a guy who's similar to me comes around who's 6'2, she'd be wanting to leave.

does that make sense?

so yeah i say i don't like taller girls, but in reality, in a perfect world, in a vacuum, etc, i would take me a 5'9 girl in a heart beat. but i've been drilled to death since grade school, that girls like taller guys. hence i only go for girls shorter than me (usually by a couple inches).

The main thing that got me mad was you saying that you felt spoiled by the taller guys. Also, saying that taller guys are an upgrade to a short guy extremely shallow. I would never say a woman with big boobs is better than one with small ones.

Well, I can't stop you from being upset by my use of a word. You understand the context, that I'm just saying 5'11" is ideal (to me). Quit dwelling on 'spoiled'. It shouldn't matter that I used that word if I've also declared that I've not just liked, but BEEN IN LOVE with men who were 5'6". It would be worse if I never used the word spoiled but said I can't imagine falling in love with a guy who is 5'6".

You don't care that I've been in love with men your height. All you care about is me using the word spoiled. You're just trying to find ways to be offended, when what I have been saying in my posts is actually very complimentary to you and men of your height and should be encouraging, not insulting.

• Author
How are things buddy?

I hope you are not suggesting the because a man has a big boob preference, if he had a partner with small boobs who BECAME insecure about her boobs because she knows he liked big boobs, she could go get surgery? :eek:

jono, its true that most woman like to be with a man taller than herself. it's unfortunate, but just the way things are. We all have things about ourselves we cannot change and people have their "types" and preferences, so what. That's life. We all know that if you met someone who you felt a strong connection with, something as superficial as height or skin colour or boob size would cease to matter.

don't lie about your height in a dating profile though. Men do this as often as woman lie about their weight and it's annoying when you meet them and you realise they felt they had to lie about it. So stupid, and just sets people up for disappointment.

heyy you. things are decent. how about you?!? things getting any better on your end with the healing process?? ps. i finally broke up with her. she kind of did something that sparked it tho, you can probably find it in my recent threads i've made in my profile.

and yeah i know what you mean. i didn't want to come off as 'this is the end of the world' type of problem, but i've just been noticing it a lot on online dating profiles. and yeah i would never lie about my height PERSONALLY. although i see why some guys might.

btw no i wasn't implying that at all lol. just meant if a girl is really insecure about small boobs, it seems accepted these days that she can just go get a boob job and fix that. thats all.