Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

Jono85

There are just as many, maybe more, quotes from men regarding women's abilities.

I can't wait to see them! Do make sure that they are relatively recent, from the last 50 years or so, preferably the last 30, and relevant to our lives today. No hoary 100-200 year old quotes please.

Here's the topic:

Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

just something that has begun to anger me. i'm 5'8, so not terribly short, but short(er). most of my girlfriends have usually been between 5'2 and 5'5, no taller than that. maybe it's an insecurity thing, most likely in fact, but i don't like girls that are close to my height (heels would put them taller). so basically i'm already picking from say half of the girls (5'5 and under). then i see so many of these shorter girls, on dating sites, say they need a tall man.

like who the hell are you? lol that's my initial reaction, most likely irrational (i guess we can all demand certain qualities and shouldn't be judged for them). but i just find it a little ridiculous, that these short girls refuse to date shorter guys. it's a bit lame.

If cultural and societal shifts have impacted this preference of some women, let's discuss that, but keep it relevant to short women requiring tall men. Thanks. This is an interesting thread. I'll be watching it.

Dr. Samuel Johnson

I note some differences, namely that the quotes you offered are mostly over 100 years old or older. I don't doubt that some of those may have had any effect in -your- life, but for the youngsters among us, maybe dig some up more current and -relevant- to the present day?

Moreover, examining the quotes you offer, several of them reflect pretty clear humorous, satirical intent (smartass quips more accurately), perhaps we should include Henny Youngman (take my wife, please!) as a misogynist? In the quotes I posted, I don't see much satirical or humorous intent at all, just earnest discriminatory intent.

Try again.

It's not just "individual attitude," it is seething, irrational poison, and do you think that hot stud muffin across the table from you is going to tell you to what extent he has been poisoned by it? until it's too late?

Yes, by all means ladies, if you are dating a man who is navigating his life by something Dr. Johnson or Napoleon said, please do run away and don't look back.

I note some differences, namely that the quotes you offered are mostly over 100 years old or older. I don't doubt that some of those may have had any effect in -your- life, but for the youngsters among us, maybe dig some up more current and -relevant- to the present day?

Moreover, examining the quotes you offer, several of them reflect pretty clear humorous, satirical intent (smartass quips more accurately), perhaps we should include Henny Youngman (take my wife, please!) as a misogynist? In the quotes I posted, I don't see much satirical or humorous intent at all, just earnest discriminatory intent.

Try again.

Yes, by all means ladies, if you are dating a man who is navigating his life by something Dr. Johnson or Napoleon said, please do run away and don't look back.

So my question is what does this have to do with short women wanting tall men?

So my question is what does this have to do with short women wanting tall men?

The thread was transformed to a degree when a poster asked why genders think of each other as "the other," and what is the remedy? Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it were closed. It's well over 40 pages.

I really could care less if a short woman wanted a tall man. Hell there is too many to get bent out of shape about what one wants

samsungxoxo
This thread is very interesting, what do people consider short?

I am 5'9" never considered myself short.

I think that depends on the person's nationality. While in the US the average height for a man is said to be 5'9 and for a woman 5'4, if I were going to Germany everyone would be more taller (I heard for a woman there the average is 5'6 or 5'7).

I would consider someone short if they reaching me at my lip or below. There would have to be an obvious difference.

Mme. Chaucer

Back to the original topic.

I don't understand why anyone would "hate" other peoples' preferences. I can understand being baffled by them, or even laughing at them, but hating? No.

Women have to face just as much crap in this department as men do, as you can learn by reading many of the threads here. And there are plenty of women "hating" about men's preferences, too.

You like what you like. And a person with very specific physical requirements for whom they'll date might just be a superficial individual. What would you want with such a person.

Back to the original topic.

I don't understand why anyone would "hate" other peoples' preferences. I can understand being baffled by them, or even laughing at them, but hating? No.

Women have to face just as much crap in this department as men do, as you can learn by reading many of the threads here. And there are plenty of women "hating" about men's preferences, too.

You like what you like. And a person with very specific physical requirements for whom they'll date might just be a superficial individual. What would you want with such a person.

I point that out in another thread and I get jumped on:lmao:. Its funny the men and women that complain about preferences:lmao::lmao::lmao:

• Like 1

I think its a sensitive subject for short guys becasue male height is possibly the biggest physical dealbreaker/universal attraction in the dating world and somethign you really cant change

• Like 1
This thread is very interesting, what do people consider short?

I am 5'9" never considered myself short.

I consider under 5'10'' to be short as 5'10'' is the average height for my country.

I'm 6ft and can't find a man that tall, or taller who isn't married to/in a relationship with a much much smaller-than-him woman.

(I am not attracted to men who are shorter than me)

I'm 6ft and can't find a man that tall, or taller who isn't married to/in a relationship with a much much smaller-than-him woman.

(I am not attracted to men who are shorter than me)

Yeah, you have 2 options

1. Settle on someone shorter and of course single.

2. Move out of town to another location.

The choice is yours.

• Like 1

If, for just one example among many, you are comfortable with the fact that once sperm leaves your body, and enters a woman's you have no control of the reproductive process at all, and are beholden to 18 years of involuntary servitude entirely at her whim, on the one hand, or to see offspring you might want done away with, entirely at her whim, on the other, that's fine.

So the 'gender climate' is at fault for you not being able to screw whomever you like, however and whenever, while getting away scot-free of any responsibility towards the consequences of your actions, or the fact that sperm + egg = zygote?

That isn't feminism or women or 'gender climate', that's called being an adult. Actions have consequences. Surprise, surprise. Who do you think faces the consequences of unwanted pregnancy from unprotected sex (which, last I checked, takes two or more people to finish the act) if men get away scot free with them? They just disappear into thin air? Abortion solves all of them? Really??

Talk to all the women who became depressed or suicidal after abortion because they believed they killed their baby. Talk to all the single women who did not even file for child support but are raising their own child because they believe it to be the right thing to do. Pregnancy has consequences on everyone - if you renege, the burden falls on her alone, if she reneges, it falls on the state. And to say you're facing them at HER whim is like blaming mommy for a new ice cream not appearing in your hand because you spilt yours.

You can control whether or not the sperm leaves your damn body, stop making it about the 'gender climate' or 'women'. Don't have sex before marriage. Or get yourself snipped. Or use multiple methods of birth control simultaneously.

Then again, I suppose it's good for women collectively that you made the decision to abstain from relationships completely, so I really shouldn't be trying to convince you otherwise. Yep, gender climate sucks, don't wanna be paying a ho for the next 18 years for a kid you didn't want, so best stay away from 'em. ;)

• Like 2
Mme. Chaucer
Then again, I suppose it's good for women collectively that you made the decision to abstain from relationships completely, so I really shouldn't be trying to convince you otherwise. Yep, gender climate sucks, don't wanna be paying a ho for the next 18 years for a kid you didn't want, so best stay away from 'em.

Yep. This is celebration-worthy.

• Like 1
AIDsFan1488

I love that whenever women want to "You Go Girl" dasein's superior argument to death, they never quote the points he makes, they just address the easy parts (and still make very weak arguments).

The choice men have is to have a vasectomy ? :rolleyes: Women love the "it takes two to tango" argument until of course there is a possibility they'd have to do something "I dun wannnnnaa".

Negative Nancy
I think its a sensitive subject for short guys becasue male height is possibly the biggest physical dealbreaker/universal attraction in the dating world and somethign you really cant change

Just as women's age is (something you really can't change, that is), yet all the men that complain about the height shallowness in women hypocritically demand a young hot woman who must not be older than 25. :rolleyes:

• Like 1