Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

Jono85

I know there are plenty of women like this which is why I always make sure to say that not all women think like this but I do notice a lot of women who are tough as nails in the day that want a strong men to make them feel feminine because they are so take charge in other aspects of life. These are the kind of women I see who really have a thing about height.

Different experiences.

I see plenty of girlie, uber girlie, sweetie pie, and feminine gals who really have a thing about height.

To them it's a factor of masculinity for them just like their sweetness, gentleness, and kindness is a factor of femininity for them. A short or below average guy to them tends to be seen as feminine as they are supposed to be the smaller one in the relationship as they are female.

The very few tough women I've meant had the same thing for height but for different reasons.

From my experiences most women like guys who are average or tall but those that really have a thing for it tends to be due to a must-have for attraction of feminine-masculine gender roles consciously or subconsciously.

Something tells me I'm putting in way too much time and effort into replying to people here. There really isn't any point in trying to explain myself when all I have is a pack of dogs waiting to tear apart everything I say.

Peace out everybody.

Thats because you are angry and bitter all the time and make excuses on why girls don't like you or don't want to date you. I look at it this way if somebody can't see you for who you are then screw them and move on. Period!

Everyone knows that short Men are like FAT women....no one wants them...too bad there is no short Man fetish....

If you think like that you'll never get laid man trust me. Be a man and have confidence about yourself.

It is what it is we all have preferences..Do i think its amazingly shallow and quite frankly goofy that some women wouldnt give a great guy a chance because hes an inch or two under their magic height line requirement? yeah but you cant control people..

I just fidn it funny when some women here complain how men are shallow and visual and women arent when women are just as shallow and visual as Men if not more..

I don't think you did.

However, I know more women who have vs women who haven't.

and funnily enough I know more women 5'6" - 5'9" dating men in the same height range than shorter women.

It is funny how the women who ive seen make the most derogatory statements about other short men in general are short women..

HopelessRomantic76

I know a few short guys who have a women so its possible, obviously most women dont dream of short guys,we all dream of having that tall dark and handsome husband we were promised as little girls but it doesnt mean some women cant be won over by a short guy

It is funny how the women who ive seen make the most derogatory statements about other short men in general are short women..

I'm 5' 2 and a bit.

I'm 5' 2 and a bit.

I didnt mean every short women is like that but ime the harshest critics of guys around my height[5'8] are really short women..

A few have said they woludnt datea certain guy because hes "her size" even though the guy was around 5'8 they were around 5'3..

Short guys also seem to be on a more no pun intended short leash with women..

Ive heard women say they will never date a short guy again because they had one bad experience and then claim all short men are the same..

I never hear a women say ill never date a tall guy again because she had a bad experience with one..

Mme. Chaucer

I've always really dug tall guys, but my husband is 5'8"

He really likes the way Gina Lolobrigida looked in the 1950's. I don't look like that.

We are a happy pair.

• Like 2

My best friend during my teens and most of my 20s was 5'1" and I'm 5'. She used to always wrinkle her nose at the idea of going out with a guy who's under 6'. She was exactly the type of girl that most of the men in this thread disdain. She was really good-looking, facially, and could get those 6'+ guys easily; I think that's what made her a snob about it. She could get them, so why not prefer them?

I've always liked guys in the 5'6" to 5'11" range, and that's pretty much it. I would go shorter, but I tend to say 5'6" because I've never even come across a prospect that was shorter than 5'6". If I ever came across a guy who was 5'2" or 5'4", I didn't like him in other ways (face, personality, age; I've seen some men who are 5'2" but they're always way older), so height didn't even have a chance to become an issue. I seriously doubt I would care about his height if I liked a 5'4" guy.

So anyway, maybe I'll start randomly talking about penis sizes. I have noticed that men in the 5'6" to 5'9" range have huge penises compared to those in the 5'10" to 5'11" range. I think this may be some kind of ingrained 'justice' at work.

• Like 1
january2011

If someone is not willing to give you a chance based on your not fulfilling some arbitrary criterion then I would just move along.

Not everyone is meant for us.

• Like 1
PlumPrincess
It's a lot easier for a woman to get over unrequited love than a man, and hence harder to put cold hearted women that have forgotten about you 4 boyfriends ago off to the side. For women, love is just around the corner.

Meanwhile, for me, and probably most other men in this thread, women feel nothing but indifference, I'd rather be hated than be completely invisible I think. I do what I can, give them a look and try to make small talk, but I just don't have the looks to get women hanging on my every last weird, even if I'm reciting the most beautiful poetry known to man. I'm well-read and deep, can talk about virtually anything that isn't pop culture, but alas, pop cultures all bitches want to talk about.

Maybe you should move to a different country?

Several women mentioned that they had been in love with short men. Even if this kind of woman was rare, shouldn't you have met at least one occasionally to save your faith in womanhood? And if you didn't find one who liked you and if we can assume that the women who claimed they had fallen for short men are telling the truth, don't you think that the problem might be with you? You're incredibly intense. Most people don't like that. Just take a step back and imagine a woman who wrote with the same intensity as you do, with the same kind of bitterness and beliefs about politics, social issues, etc. would you really want to date her?

Mme. Chaucer

So anyway, maybe I'll start randomly talking about penis sizes. I have noticed that men in the 5'6" to 5'9" range have huge penises compared to those in the 5'10" to 5'11" range. I think this may be some kind of ingrained 'justice' at work.

Are they often known fondly as "Tripod"?

• Like 2
I didnt mean every short women is like that but ime the harshest critics of guys around my height[5'8] are really short women..

A few have said they woludnt datea certain guy because hes "her size" even though the guy was around 5'8 they were around 5'3..

Short guys also seem to be on a more no pun intended short leash with women..

Ive heard women say they will never date a short guy again because they had one bad experience and then claim all short men are the same..

I never hear a women say ill never date a tall guy again because she had a bad experience with one..

Visit an astrological message board sometime.

"I'll never date another Gemini!"

"No, Aries are the ones to watch for! The women are okay, but the men are insufferable!"

And just imagine people piling on to agree with each other when it comes to the Moon signs, Venus signs, etc.

Now that I write that, I feel embarrassed to have spent so much time on them - although I've made some great friends. :o It's the same thing, though. Same wars, different topic: signs instead of sexes (for the most part).

• Like 3
ThaWholigan

"No, Aries are the ones to watch for! The women are okay, but the men are insufferable!"

And just imagine people piling on to agree with each other when it comes to the Moon signs, Venus signs, etc.

Now that I write that, I feel embarrassed to have spent so much time on them - although I've made some great friends. :o It's the same thing, though. Same wars, different topic: signs instead of sexes (for the most part).

Not embarrassing, I've spent more time on those sites than I can remember. Never posted really, just lurked. I like Aries girls too, but I have an Aries brother who gets angry really quickly :laugh:

I absolutely love Scorpio girls though, I suspect I will probably end up marrying one :laugh:

• Like 1

lol, the last six men I've been involved with have been Capricorns or Virgos. It's crazy.

It's made me believe that I like those signs. I mean, I must...?

• Like 1
ThaWholigan
lol, the last six men I've been involved with have been Capricorns or Virgos. It's crazy.

It's made me believe that I like those signs. I mean, I must...?

Are you a Taurus or a Cancer? They usually tend to go for Capricorns and Virgos (I'm a Virgo :laugh:)

Are you a Taurus or a Cancer? They usually tend to go for Capricorns and Virgos (I'm a Virgo :laugh:)

Yup. Cancer.

Two thumbs up to you being a Virgo!

• Like 2
ThaWholigan
Yup. Cancer.

Two thumbs up to you being a Virgo!

I knew it :D. Water sign girls (or Taurus) sometimes gravitate towards Virgos. Depends on the rest of the chart and all that though :)

• Like 2

I see, so because teenage boys troll the internet like Beavis and Butthead, because "Hollywood sez," because even more trolls are on the internet bashing a Supreme Court justice, because perverts commit strange acts and men masturbate, because women dress provocatively and purposefully to get a reaction from men they find desirable and because women and female bodies are used in advertising, because pop entertainment has portrayed men as emasculated dupes for decades, and because of some non sequitur concerning "powerlessness" that a person who consistently scores in the 99th percentile on reasoning tests can't even puzzle out, men have been trained to "hate" women. Really?

That's the one sentence deconstruction of the article, and it suffices nicely for a reasonable audience.

But let's look at some specific points in the article and draw them out into the glorious light of day.

The article claims that Hollywood, comic books, television "train" men to "hate" women in creating fantasy worlds where the man always gets the woman without effort at the end. This is the most dishonest and puerile section of the article. Movies directed at a male audience often insert the "boy gets girl" and romantic elements gratuitously as a misbegotten method of trying to attract a female audience. Women, not men, are the main audience of "happy ending" romcoms. Comic books rarely contain any romantic interests or romantic elements at all, as despite there being lots of adult enthusiasts, their intended audience consists mainly of prepubescent boys. Ask Jon Cryer's character on 2.5 Men whether he "always gets the girl," or Al Bundy or Louis CK or Jerry Seinfeld or George Costanza or Cosmo Kramer or Frazier Crane or Sam Malone or...

Moreover, the article is particularly dishonest here in its notion that the girl is merely "awarded" to the hero at the end. In fact, movie heroes tend to do fantastically extraordinary things during the movie, many such feats involving needlessly supplicating to and kissing the ass of a female character to demonstrate his true lurv (but of course men are the primary audience for that particular device :rolleyes:), and the women are not sported off to a cave by the hair, but willingly run into his arms. Tell John McClane he just got "given" the girl at the end of "Die Hard" for instance. He had to do some funky sh-t to get that girl! (So did Chachi) It's interesting here that the article includes a still from "An Officer and a Gentleman," not exactly a "he-man" movie to begin with, and one in which Richard Gere, in his shiny white uniform, who could get any woman in the world merely by walking into the room, chooses dowdy, gritty rag picker Debra Winger due to "true lurv" instead. So praytell, who was getting "awarded" whom at the end of that particular movie? lawlz.

As far as what trolls on the internet do, so what if 3500 or 35,000 men (more likely the aforesaid teenage boys seeking to disrupt "the class" in any way possible) say a woman is fugly or a "bitch?" 3.5 billion didn't. But I suppose, in Wong-land, that because some man somewhere spends his entire adult life trying to stretch his back enough to be able to lick his own balls, or do the cinnamon test, all men must do it, and that must be all men care about. Doesn't that sound remarkably similar to the kind of generalization that when applied to women, puts you all right into "crusader" mode? Isn't the linked article in fact cram packed full of generalizations about men that women would shriek like scalded cats if and when such are/were applied to them?

But interestingly enough, I don't see a -single- female commenter to the article disagreeing with it on the grounds of egregious, sexist generalizations. I mean women here and elsewhere claim to find sexism repugnant, so why aren't any complaining? Where are the placards? I know where.

And to preempt, regardless of the domain name, the article is neither satirical nor parodic, just one more "effort" in a tediously long line of white knight p-ssy placation. I hope it gets Mr. Wong laid. He must really be desperate.

ThaWholigan
I see, so because teenage boys troll the internet like Beavis and Butthead, because "Hollywood sez," because even more trolls are on the internet bashing a Supreme Court justice, because perverts commit strange acts and men masturbate, because women dress provocatively and purposefully to get a reaction from men they find desirable and because women and female bodies are used in advertising, because pop entertainment has portrayed men as emasculated dupes for decades, and because of some non sequitur concerning "powerlessness" that a person who consistently scores in the 99th percentile on reasoning tests can't even puzzle out, men have been trained to "hate" women. Really?

That's the one sentence deconstruction of the article, and it suffices nicely for a reasonable audience.

But let's look at some specific points in the article and draw them out into the glorious light of day.

The article claims that Hollywood, comic books, television "train" men to "hate" women in creating fantasy worlds where the man always gets the woman without effort at the end. This is the most dishonest and puerile section of the article. Movies directed at a male audience often insert the "boy gets girl" and romantic elements gratuitously as a misbegotten method of trying to attract a female audience. Women, not men, are the main audience of "happy ending" romcoms. Comic books rarely contain any romantic interests or romantic elements at all, as despite there being lots of adult enthusiasts, their intended audience consists mainly of prepubescent boys. Ask Jon Cryer's character on 2.5 Men whether he "always gets the girl," or Al Bundy or Louis CK or Jerry Seinfeld or George Costanza or Cosmo Kramer or Frazier Crane or Sam Malone or...

Moreover, the article is particularly dishonest here in its notion that the girl is merely "awarded" to the hero at the end. In fact, movie heroes tend to do fantastically extraordinary things during the movie, many such feats involving needlessly supplicating to and kissing the ass of a female character to demonstrate his true lurv (but of course men are the primary audience for that particular device :rolleyes:), and the women are not sported off to a cave by the hair, but willingly run into his arms. Tell John McClane he just got "given" the girl at the end of "Die Hard" for instance. He had to do some funky sh-t to get that girl! (So did Chachi) It's interesting here that the article includes a still from "An Officer and a Gentleman," not exactly a "he-man" movie to begin with, and one in which Richard Gere, in his shiny white uniform, who could get any woman in the world merely by walking into the room, chooses dowdy, gritty rag picker Debra Winger due to "true lurv" instead. So praytell, who was getting "awarded" whom at the end of that particular movie? lawlz.

As far as what trolls on the internet do, so what if 3500 or 35,000 men (more likely the aforesaid teenage boys seeking to disrupt "the class" in any way possible) say a woman is fugly or a "bitch?" 3.5 billion didn't. But I suppose, in Wong-land, that because some man somewhere spends his entire adult life trying to stretch his back enough to be able to lick his own balls, or do the cinnamon test, all men must do it, and that must be all men care about. Doesn't that sound remarkably similar to the kind of generalization that when applied to women, puts you all right into "crusader" mode? Isn't the linked article in fact cram packed full of generalizations about men that women would shriek like scalded cats if and when such are/were applied to them?

But interestingly enough, I don't see a -single- female commenter to the article disagreeing with it on the grounds of egregious, sexist generalizations. I mean women here and elsewhere claim to find sexism repugnant, so why aren't any complaining? Where are the placards? I know where.

And to preempt, regardless of the domain name, the article is neither satirical nor parodic, just one more "effort" in a tediously long line of white knight p-ssy placation. I hope it gets Mr. Wong laid. He must really be desperate.

I read the article and I concur (one of my favorite posts by you lol). I think it was a huge fail in terms of satire, which is kind of what it was going for in my opinion. It just kinda feeds into this notion that all men think and do the same stupid **** and that's the reason for everything, and while I am certainly aware that women don't think we're ALL like this, there are those who will no doubt lap up such an article which, as you said, was pretty much designed to garner a particular reaction from women.

It's interesting to note the inaccuracy with which the movies were portrayed also. Echoing what you were saying, people talk about John McClain getting the girl, when he actually had to save an entire skyscraper full of people from dangerous terrorists with one gun, before she decided to get back with him. Not forgetting that years down the line in Die Hard 4, he is alone, his "girl" divorced him, and his daughter doesn't even like him (until he has to save her of course). Semantics of course but still.....

Either way, this article was quite crap, and even if it was meant as a satirical piece, it was a pretty bad one.