Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

Jono85

reallyhotguy

Dasein, the reason posters probably do not engage you as you would hope is because a discussion with you is extremely exasperating. You take on a condescending tone frequently. You can't really be this unpleasant?

Aldo, your narrative is so implausible. So there's a network of nefarious college professors getting young adults to read the Mermaid and the Minotaur and hopefully even write an essay (or at least, show up), to, what, join the Feminist Army?

I know why you use the word "doctrine". It's because you really think a feminism class would be "indoctrination". Is a class on Plato indoctrination? Is a class on electrical engineering indoctrination? They're just essay and discussion courses, like any other, so what's this grand plot? "First wave" is just a turn of phrase; what does the fact that other "fields" don't use that particular term the same way have to do with anything? What are you even talking about?

Dasein, it's just a discussion forum. Why are you so mad?

• Like 4

If some of you guys devoted the energy you have for hating feminism into working on yourself you guys would be in LTRs

• Like 3
If some of you guys devoted the energy you have for hating feminism into working on yourself you guys would be in LTRs

Who says I want another LTR? Those are easy to get, can have one any time I want. The question I have is whether it's wise for men to get involved to that level in the current gender climate. They all start out great, but today, when it comes to her word against yours, regardless of what's at stake, you are fighting stiff, discriminatory odds.

If, for just one example among many, you are comfortable with the fact that once sperm leaves your body, and enters a woman's you have no control of the reproductive process at all, and are beholden to 18 years of involuntary servitude entirely at her whim, on the one hand, or to see offspring you might want done away with, entirely at her whim, on the other, that's fine.

I'm not comfortable with that though.

Who says I want another LTR? Those are easy to get, can have one any time I want. The question I have is whether it's wise for men to get involved to that level in the current gender climate. They all start out great, but today, when it comes to her word against yours, regardless of what's at stake, you are fighting stiff, discriminatory odds.

If, for just one example among many, you are comfortable with the fact that once sperm leaves your body, and enters a woman's you have no control of the reproductive process at all, and are beholden to 18 years of involuntary servitude entirely at her whim, on the one hand, or to see offspring you might want done away with, entirely at her whim, on the other, that's fine.

I'm not comfortable with that though.

Lol! Why even devote the energy to negativity?

• Like 1
TheBigQuestion

I assume this was at least partially directed at me, despite the fact that I don't hate feminism. I'm already in an LTR, but thanks for the tip anyway.

I assume this was at least partially directed at me, despite the fact that I don't hate feminism. I'm already in an LTR, but thanks for the tip anyway.

Notice I said GUYS.

Lol! Why even devote the energy to negativity?

Maybe ask the same of Thomas Paine... or Martin Luther King. And to preempt, I am comparing my meager efforts here on a casual dating board to neither of those men.

But young men need to know the impact of feminism on dating, relationships and marriage. If you haven't been negatively impacted by feminism in your dealings with women, I pray that you never are. Many will be and have been.

Several hundred people are lurking this forum at any given time, I don't really see myself as preaching to the regular posters here, but those lurkers.

TheBigQuestion
Notice I said GUYS.

I know. But like I said, I'm in an LTR so I don't really know what point you're trying to make.

I think feminism ceases to be an issue for you when you find a woman who wants to be with you. As long as you don't have a woman around, feminism is an easy scapegoat. As long as I can remember I've never seen a guy already in a relationship come on here and complain about the effects of feminism. It's always single guys, and the majority are guys who have been single a long time.

• Like 1
TheBigQuestion
I think feminism ceases to be an issue for you when you find a woman who wants to be with you. As long as you don't have a woman around, feminism is an easy scapegoat. As long as I can remember I've never seen a guy already in a relationship come on here and complain about the effects of feminism. It's always single guys, and the majority are guys who have been single a long time.

So essentially, you're saying I'm a liar?:)

• Like 1

I think that it's a very sad day when a man has to wonder whether he's of any value whatsoever, and has to conceptualize about his growth spurt. Feminism is a biased concept that works to separate genders as much as possible, and there is no man that isn't affected at some level by this extreme and foolish bias. It's not always the single guys that complain... that's lunacy. Those that don't complain are simply tired of the bias and are taking a mental vacation from it.

There should be no hatred coming from the women. They are the single-most privileged people that ever existed, have all the initiative towards greater life prospects, and are 110% free to go on their own with everything. When I see women cutting down a man for his height, I have to wonder if women aren't in full realization of their options, and that's more than frustrating and insulting.

Maybe ask the same of Thomas Paine... or Martin Luther King. And to preempt, I am comparing my meager efforts here on a casual dating board to neither of those men.

But young men need to know the impact of feminism on dating, relationships and marriage. If you haven't been negatively impacted by feminism in your dealings with women, I pray that you never are. Many will be and have been.

Several hundred people are lurking this forum at any given time, I don't really see myself as preaching to the regular posters here, but those lurkers.

Its that individual woman that caused the problems not feminism. Feminism becomes this enemy that you can shape and mold into whatever you want it to be. In that same token patriarchy is the same way. Women can say shape and mold it to whatever they want. Its the ideas that are seen as evil here not the actual individuals and on some level that is a way to really escape from the fact they may have a role in these problems

I think that it's a very sad day when a man has to wonder whether he's of any value whatsoever, and has to conceptualize about his growth spurt. Feminism is a biased concept that works to separate genders as much as possible, and there is no man that isn't affected at some level by this extreme and foolish bias. It's not always the single guys that complain... that's lunacy. Those that don't complain are simply tired of the bias and are taking a mental vacation from it.

There should be no hatred coming from the women. They are the single-most privileged people that ever existed, have all the initiative towards greater life prospects, and are 110% free to go on their own with everything. When I see women cutting down a man for his height, I have to wonder if women aren't in full realization of their options, and that's more than frustrating and insulting.

No gender has it easier we all have challenges

• Like 1
No gender has it easier we all have challenges

I agree. I find it exhausting have to stand up to drain the lizard.

Women have it so easy in that respect.

• Like 1
TheBigQuestion
Maybe by accident. Not on purpose. I haven't read all the posts.

I can understand why you'd believe that and why you've never encountered a guy in an LTR who talks about a handful of gripes he has with feminism and its consequences. But I guess there's a first time for everything.

Its that individual woman that caused the problems not feminism.

"Women have always been the primary victims of war. Women lose their husbands, their fathers, their sons in combat."

Hillary Clinton 1998

"I believe that women have a capacity for understanding and compassion which a man structurally does not have, does not have it because he cannot have it. He's just incapable of it."

Barbara Jordan

"As far as I'm concerned, men are the product of a damaged gene."

Germaine Greer 1991

"Romance is rape embellished with meaningful looks."

Andrea Dworkin 1995

"Men who are falsely accused of rape can sometimes gain from the experience."

Catherine Comins 1991

"How will the family unit be destroyed?... The demand alone will throw the whole ideology of the family into question, so that women can begin establishing a community of work with each other and we can fight collectively. Women will feel freer to leave their husbands and become economically independent, either through a job or welfare."

Roxanne Dunbar, Female Liberation

"The nuclear family must be destroyed, and people must find better ways of living together."

Linda Gordon 1969

"We are, as a sex, infinitely superior to men."

Elizabeth Stanton

"When a woman reaches orgasm with a man she is only collaborating with the patriarchal system, eroticizing her own oppression."

Sheila Jeffrys

"Man's discovery that his genitalia could serve as a weapon to generate fear must rank as one of the most important discoveries of prehistoric times, along with the use of fire, and the first crude stone axe."

Susan Brownmiller

"Ninety-five percent of women's experiences are about being a victim. Or about being an underdog, or having to survive... women didn't go to Vietnam and blow things up. They are not Rambo."

Jodie Foster

It's not just "individual attitude," it is seething, irrational poison, and do you think that cute girl across the table from you is going to tell you to what extent she has been poisoned by it? until it's too late?

You seem to think this is just an issue of attitudes, it's not. It's a problem of very real, pervasive discrimination in many areas of politics and the law that has very real consequences in the lives of many men and women.

reallyhotguy
You seem to think this is just an issue of attitudes, it's not. It's a problem of very real, pervasive discrimination in many areas of politics and the law that has very real consequences in the lives of many men and women.

Please, do go on. What consequences do you prophesy?

Mme. Chaucer

He's the Nostradamus of LoveShack.

• Like 1

There are just as many, maybe more, quotes from men regarding women's abilities. Probably just as inaccurate, and in many cases more insulting. Right or wrong, it's not easy to capture every aspect of half of humanity in a sentence.

• Like 1
Mme. Chaucer

Dr. Samuel Johnson: A woman preaching is like a dog’s walking on his hind legs. It is not done well; but you are surprised to find it done at all.

John Wayne: They have the right to work wherever they want to-as long as they have dinner ready when you get home.

Freidrich Nietzsche: The Germans are like women, you can scarcely ever fathom their depths -- they haven't any.

Charles Baudelaire: I have always been astonished that women were allowed to enter churches. What conversation can they possibly have with God?

Napoleon Bonaparte: Nature intended women to be our slaves. They are our property.

Grover Cleveland: Sensible and responsible women do not want to vote.

It's not just "individual attitude," it is seething, irrational poison, and do you think that hot stud muffin across the table from you is going to tell you to what extent he has been poisoned by it? until it's too late?

• Like 2
Mme. Chaucer
Hi Jono85! I think that we should not worry so much about it! Girls who are looking for sites in tall men have big silly! I was a girl taller than me on the head, and it does not prevent us to meet, kiss and have sex ......! If a girl really loves you, then it should all be exactly what your growth!

Quoted for awesome.

serial muse
Hmm, how about we do something different. Compare the historical relavance of the "misogynistic men" with the bitchy, bra-burning 1960's jewish lesbians.

I think that speaks volumes.

So what you're saying is that, due to the higher visibility and influence of these misogynistic men, they've done far greater damage to the opposite sex than the women dasein quoted? I see.

• Like 2

A social and cultural environment that, in seeking to cement the victimhood of women, focuses unduly on the tiny lowest common denominator of man, rapists, pedophiles, the physically abusive, hatemongers, etc., as if those few are the many. An environment where the incidence of bad acts by men are not merely rightfully condemned, but exaggerated to an absurd degree by way of bad statistics, propaganda and outright lies for political gain. "1 in 3 women is the victim of sexual abuse," "Men have oppressed women for centuries," "The incidence of wife beating increases exponentially during the Super Bowl," "1 in 5 children is sexually molested on the internet," and other such.

A social and cultural environment where, in seeking to unduly elevate women, ridicules or outright condemns being a man, that being female is superior to being male. Teaching in public schools that any human problems are the result of male action, that men do bad things and women good things (See Hoff Sommers, "The War Against Boys"). Attempting to legislate maleness out of day to day life, for example silliness such as proposing laws requiring that men pee sitting down (in Sweden). Constant messages in marketing and entertainment, aimed at a female audience, portraying men as either criminals, dupes or studs, who either victimize, adore, or can't function without women, and women as wise, all-knowing and eminently sensible.

A political environment where unconstitutional laws such as VAWA continue to exist despite many provisions being struck down by courts, where "women's issues," "women's health problems," "women's welfare" are emphasized politically in a discriminatory way to buy votes. Where outright gender based politics, repugnant to the rule of law and the Constitution, are treated as business as usual and totally acceptable functions of the state.

A legal environment biased against men, that creates the highest male incarceration rate in the world, while regularly pardoning women's actions or offering wrist slaps. An environment where women, convinced by propaganda that they are eternal victims, adopt an attitude "well he, or rather 'they' had it coming, for what 'they' did to 'us'," such an environment where "no punishment is enough," and where women, who have no idea what it truly means to be arrested and incarcerated, think it's really no big deal. Where men are discriminated against by leftist judges in domestic courts, where men are jailed effectively in "debtors prison" unconstitutionally. Where the word of "victim" women is always taken over the word of "criminal" men, and if a man dares complain of domestic abuse, he, in all likelihood is the one who will go to jail, where men are guilty of certain offenses until proven innocent. Where a woman can falsely accuse a man of rape, and have him sit in jail for a year or more, and when she recants, get some community service.

An educational environment perpetuating wrongful and discriminatory affirmative action in favor of women that will apparently never be enough. If there are more women graduating college, well "that doesn't matter because there aren't that many women engineers." Once there are more women engineers, "well that doesn't matter because of XYZ." Gender normed testing that only runs one way, if women tend not to get a question right on a standardized test, it is stricken and replaced with one they do. This gender norming does -not- run the other way, or at least it didn't when I had friends in the standardized testing companies, and compromises the worth of standardized testing.

A noxious, revisionist version of a "patriarchal" history where women "fought long and hard" against men who were trying to hold them back, for rights, when in actuality, few men had such rights at the time themselves, were living no "better" lives, and technological necessity, advancement and mere progress did all the "holding back" and alternatively the "fighting" in opening up more opportunities for all people that didn't exist previously, not just women. In essence a false portrayal of world history as the battle of one victim gender against the other, when in fact, the battle was only against a tiny few elites of both genders, and was waged by all.

An environment of absolute reproductive rights in favor of women and discriminating against men. Once sperm leaves a man's body, he has no control over the reproductive process, while the woman has 100% control to deem the fetus as either an unwanted invader or a precious child. In making that decision she has absolute power to dictate whether the father becomes involuntarily indentured for 18 years or not. At the very least, it is thoroughly discriminatory and wrong that men are not allowed a small window to opt out. An environment where the woman's "right" to flood the world with offspring is sacrosanct, and wrongfully funded by the state in the pursuit of votes.

And most importantly for this forum, a climate of mistrust between the genders, a plummeting marriage rate, soaring single parent home rate, high divore percentage, people wary of the motives of their dates, finger pointing back and forth, a climate of retaliatory gamesmanship... all because in furtherance of political ends, the genders were polarized one against the other, by feminism.

Sorry, I didn't really get to your question about prophecies, the above is the real, now, the status quo.

• Like 1