Here comes the bride...

Yeah, that is a good idea. It's not so much the actual "Cinderella" theme but more like a fairly tale theme though.

Thanks! And I know it's not actually "Cinderella." You can create your own fantasy/fairy tale wedding borrowing from actual stories.

How about little glass slippers at the table to hold mints or flowers or as place cards?

• Author
Lauriebell82
Thanks! And I know it's not actually "Cinderella." You can create your own fantasy/fairy tale wedding borrowing from actual stories.

How about little glass slippers at the table to hold mints or flowers or as place cards?

Hmm, I like that too. My mom suggested hershey kisses (get it? lol) in a little glass slipper holder of some sort. We want to try to save some money on favors. Our idea was to spend more money on the venue and then try to save money on the other things (invites, favors, photographer, dj, ect.)

Hmm, I like that too. My mom suggested hershey kisses (get it? lol) in a little glass slipper holder of some sort. We want to try to save some money on favors. Our idea was to spend more money on the venue and then try to save money on the other things (invites, favors, photographer, dj, ect.)

Hershey kisses...how cute. And you know what? Now they have MM's that you can personalize. Like you can put both your names on there or even a pic of the two of you. I can't believe your mom thought of the glass slipper holder thing too. Cool.

And yeah, I agree about spending money on the venue first and foremost. Absolutely.

• Author
Lauriebell82
Hershey kisses...how cute. And you know what? Now they have MM's that you can personalize. Like you can put both your names on there or even a pic of the two of you. I can't believe your mom thought of the glass slipper holder thing too. Cool.

And yeah, I agree about spending money on the venue first and foremost. Absolutely.

Here is a white candle slipper that I found that are inexpensive. THey are so cute!

Uhm yeah, I was just teasing about the glass slippers.:p

Pfffft. ;)

And ignore the ribbing only if you don't have a sense of humor about yourself. I get that some people don't so if you're one of those then by all means ignore the all-in-good-fun teasing.;)

This is becoming one of the funniest threads I've ever read!

Here is a white candle slipper that I found that are inexpensive. THey are so cute!

Glass slipper favors?! Just what every guest wants to take home!!! :lmao:

LB, a favor is supposed to be a keepsake of your wedding that guests (of both sexes) would actually want to keep and take home. Think candy/chocolates or other foodstuffs, candles (that they'd actually display), pens, frames, etc... NOT glass slippers.

• Author
Lauriebell82
Glass slipper favors?! Just what every guest wants to take home!!! :lmao:

What? I think it would actually be unique and not just some bottle opener. I've gotten tons of those and I end up throwing them away.

• Author
Lauriebell82
LB, a favor is supposed to be a keepsake of your wedding that guests (of both sexes) would actually want to keep and take home. Think candy/chocolates or other foodstuffs, candles (that they'd actually display), pens, frames, etc... NOT glass slippers.

I've never kept anything I've gotten at a wedding. At least people would think it was unique before they pitched it.

• Author
Lauriebell82
i'm late to teh party, whats going on?

I'm thinking of party favors for my wedding that would fit the theme.

i'm late to teh party, whats going on?

You're invited to LB's wedding, and you're getting a candle glass slipper as a party favor to take home. Thoughts?

LB, I vote for chocolates instead of glass slippers. The pretty chocolates...a few truffles from Godiva or something.

Or if you must have slippers, can you find chocolate slippers?

What? I think it would actually be unique and not just some bottle opener. I've gotten tons of those and I end up throwing them away.

Well, yes, it sure would be unique. But how many people - HONESTLY - are really going to keep a glass slipper? Few. Why waste your money on something most people won't want?

I have a collection of bottle openers, and I'd still take another! They always come in handy. In fact, that's another one I was going to suggest. That, or a bottle stopper.

But if you're set on giving people a fairy-tale favor, look here:

http://www.myweddingfavors.com/fairy-tale-wedding-favors.html

Perhaps you can give them a "Happily Ever After" pumpkin carriage candle! Or the "Royal Tea Lights" candleholders in the shape of tiaras!

:D

• Author
Lauriebell82
You're invited to LB's wedding, and you're getting a candle glass slipper as a party favor to take home. Thoughts?

LB, I vote for chocolates instead of glass slippers. The pretty chocolates...a few truffles from Godiva or something.

Perhaps. It's not that I MUST have slippers, I just thought it would be a neat little idea.

I do like the idea of chocolates, maybe in a little glass dish or something.

Exactly! Blend the two, if you've got your heart set on a slipper or fairy-tale theme. People will always love chocolate, regardless of what it's shaped into. :bunny:

• Author
Lauriebell82
Well, yes, it sure would be unique. But how many people - HONESTLY - are really going to keep a glass slipper? Few. Why waste your money on something most people won't want?

I have a collection of bottle openers, and I'd still take another! They always come in handy. In fact, that's another one I was going to suggest. That, or a bottle stopper.

But if you're set on giving people a fairy-tale favor, look here:

http://www.myweddingfavors.com/fairy-tale-wedding-favors.html

Perhaps you can give them a "Happily Ever After" pumpkin carriage candle! Or the "Royal Tea Lights" candleholders in the shape of tiaras!

:D

I don't want bottle openers, esp. since most of the people at the wedding have no use for them since they don't drink alcohol.

I like the idea of chocolates in the shape of a slipper or something, we were thinking chocolates to begin with. And yes I am having a fairy tale wedding theme as dumb as some may think that is.

I don't want bottle openers, esp. since most of the people at the wedding have no use for them since they don't drink alcohol.

Oohhhh, I completely forgot about that.

I still stand by my other suggestions - something nice, that both sexes will actually want to take home with them. That site that I linked to has a ton of different ideas. Not sure what your price point is, but you can get ideas there, and then make them on your own if you've got the time.

Also, LB... it's been about 7 years since I went to a wedding where favors were provided. I'm not sure they're necessary, particularly when you're on a budget.

• Author
Lauriebell82
Oohhhh, I completely forgot about that.

I still stand by my other suggestions - something nice, that both sexes will actually want to take home with them. That site that I linked to has a ton of different ideas. Not sure what your price point is, but you can get ideas there, and then make them on your own if you've got the time.

Also, LB... it's been about 7 years since I went to a wedding where favors were provided. I'm not sure they're necessary, particularly when you're on a budget.

They aren't neccessary, however many of our guests are traveling far to be at our wedding so they would probably appreciate some kind of favor.

I like the glass photo coaster, that's something everyone may enjoy.

http://www.myweddingfavors.com/foreverglass.html

That's an idea. I guess I just cringe at the thought of people putting their drinks on your face.

yea the glass slipper idea is a little gay. i never keep any of those little trinkets from weddings. candy is better. a small bag of skittles or some peanut m&ms in a pouch woould work better. a small box of chocolates would be good too.

I like the glass photo coaster, that's something everyone may enjoy.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

trust me no one is going to use those...

why don't you help out some charity? lets say you would have spent $500 on party favours for the guests. Well, donate that to some worthwile charity then put a card on everyones place setting that a donation was made in their name to such-and-such foundation.

jeez this isn't that hard folks. and don't pick a charity that would offend someone. united way is good as is the red cross or some homeless shelter.

do i have to do all the thinkin' around here?!? :lmao:

Trialbyfire

I have to admit to cringing a bit, over party favours. No one really cares about them, except upcoming brides-to-be saying "Cool, I'd like to do this".

Just do hershey kisses or something simple like that, wrapped in netting. We're not doing any party favours because I personally hate them.

I have to admit to cringing a bit, over party favours. No one really cares about them, except upcoming brides-to-be saying "Cool, I'd like to do this".

indeed, i'd rather get a slightly better meal and go without the dumb party favours. i think they are stupid and a waste of money.

• Author
Lauriebell82

Just do hershey kisses or something simple like that, wrapped in netting. We're not doing any party favours because I personally hate them.

Yeah I know, I pitch mine. I do like the hershey kiss idea or something edible. I guess the glass slipper idea wouldn't be something that a guy would like.

My dad says the same thing that something little and simple would probably be best.