• my innocence
  • my faith in humanity
  • a really crappy costa boda vase that was hers anyways
  • approx $7,000 in lawyers fee
  • hundreds in postage fees to return her crap
  • my humility
  • my chance to ever pro-create

so, i guess we're even :lmao:

Uhm, yeah. Sounds like you're about even.

lets see:

• my dignity
  • my faith in marriage
  • my self-esteem
  • around $12,000 cash
  • my innocence
  • my faith in humanity
  • my humility

Sounds like you got out cheap.. :laugh:..

Sounds like you got out cheap.. :laugh:..

i know, i did, cause some buddies lost all that AND 10x the ca$h :laugh:

i know, i did, cause some buddies lost all that AND 10x the ca$h :laugh:

Well you first have to have the cash in order to lose it, right?:p

BenThereDunThat

re: party favors. I apologize if this was already brought up, I only just skimmed and didn't see it anywhere.

Here's what I did. I struggled with it for all the same reasons: they're usually silly, nobody gives a sh*t, cost a lot of money.

My mom had died of breast cancer, the exH's dad died of lung cancer. So, I took $100 and put it towards a breast cancer fund and $100 toward a lung cancer fund.

Then I created beautiful little tent cards that said "In lieu of favors, donations have been made to honor the memory of Mrs BTDT's mom and Mr. Idiot's dad, blah, blah, blah." and had them placed on all the tables at the reception.

lets see:

• my dignity
  • my faith in marriage
  • my self-esteem
  • around $12,000 cash
  • my innocence
  • my faith in humanity
  • my humility

Aw Alpha. :o

I hope you are getting some of that stuff back with time.

You can get most of it back, but she can never be a virgin again.

You can tell her to keep the vase though.

re: party favors. I apologize if this was already brought up, I only just skimmed and didn't see it anywhere.

Here's what I did. I struggled with it for all the same reasons: they're usually silly, nobody gives a sh*t, cost a lot of money.

My mom had died of breast cancer, the exH's dad died of lung cancer. So, I took $100 and put it towards a breast cancer fund and $100 toward a lung cancer fund.

Then I created beautiful little tent cards that said "In lieu of favors, donations have been made to honor the memory of Mrs BTDT's mom and Mr. Idiot's dad, blah, blah, blah." and had them placed on all the tables at the reception.

I think that's a beautiful idea.

As for pictures, I really think it's critical that you have an AMAZING photographer, who does a mix of color and black and white, and digitial and film. There's only three things you'll keep forever (I hope) from your wedding: your spouse, your wedding ring, and your pictures. Make them the best possible, and don't skimp on cost! Meet with more than one, don't just go with the first one you meet with.

I won't discount family/friend pictures though, ON TOP of the professional. My BFF had a fantastic photographer, but guess who took her favorite picture of the entire day? Yours truly, on my cheapo Sony digital camera - an absolutely candid, a 3/4 profile shot of her toasting with a glass of champagne. :)

Having said that- you are right SG, one of the photos we framed was our best mans GF taking it and its of me and WB dancing. Its great.

Having said that- you are right SG, one of the photos we framed was our best mans GF taking it and its of me and WB dancing. Its great.

I just sent you the picture I took via FB. :)

There you go...those who know us best will always take the best pics. Sooo glad I didn't waste money on a photographer who didn't even know us.

But I do understand wanting to have professional photos. I really do.

I have to admit, I'm pissed. Her sister commented on the picture, "I only like this one because I took it." Um, hello??!! No she did not! I DID!!! :mad: The effing picture is still on MY camera! :laugh:

If anyone wants Party Favors for a wedding without trouble and expense, I know a way you can get a great variety of them completely free of charge:

OPEN THE TRUNK OF MY HUSBAND'S CAR

On another front, I was recently at a wedding (bride of traditional Italian decent) and at the reception, I think after dinner, the adorable flower girl was walking around with a basket filled with little lace mesh bags of candied almonds for anyone who wanted them. I think they are a tradition in some cultures. It was pretty, it was gracious. It kept her out of trouble.

I found the thread. :bunny: Some of the best stuff happened while I was gone from here.

Congratulations, LB! I am glad for you. I wish you the best.

And if it gets a bit stressful while you plan the wedding, join the club. This does disappear after it is over.

IfWishesWereHorses

We went to a wedding that had a "candy table" for the favors. Beautiful crystal bowls were filled with different types of candy in the bride's colors and there were little bags that you could fill. It was a favorite of all of the men! It was presented beautifully.

Rollercoasterr

So I did end up finding the perfect candy favor for my wedding. And boy was it cheap!!

Our wedding colors are green, orange and raspberry. Just so happens that the tropical skittles have the same colors as what my wedding colors are. I looked at Sam's Club, and I can get a box with 36 bags(normal sized ones like what you would buy at the store) of skittles for $18. I figure that if we got 2 boxes of those it would be enough to put in little net baggie things and tie it with some pretty ribbon. So I'm getting my favors done for under $40.

Wheeeee.:bunny: